Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

Gene Ricman posted:

Myself personally, I'd take fourth every time. It'd be worth putting up with it all for the financial reasons alone (thats assuming we qualify...)

There's a club in North London you may be interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

blue footed boobie posted:

Actually they've made a lot of headlines and a bunch of TRP spergs have gotten their panties in a twist about him and also he's going to win the league, so...

Has anyone at a club he's competing with cared? Nope. Sportswriters will always suck his dick and everyone in TRP, including myself, is mentally ill, so again, I really don't think anyone has cared.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He gets headlines every time he opens his mouth. Just last week tons of coverage for his run down the side. I'd have thought Liverpool fans would appreciate Brendan's mentor more.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

hadji murad posted:

He gets headlines every time he opens his mouth. Just last week tons of coverage for his run down the side. I'd have thought Liverpool fans would appreciate Brendan's mentor more.

I think he's a fantastic manager and he's certainly proved that time and time again but at the same time I don't think the amount of press he gets correlates at all to his team's performance on the pitch

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I wish tony pulis would run into a Jose press conference naked as the day he was born and headbutt the portugese clown.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Byolante posted:

I wish tony pulis would run into a Jose press conference naked as the day he was born and headbutt the portugese clown.

We may disagree on a lot of things Byolante but I'm completely with you on this one.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

tbp posted:

I think he's a fantastic manager and he's certainly proved that time and time again but at the same time I don't think the amount of press he gets correlates at all to his team's performance on the pitch

I agree with that. I think the media is largely to blame even though he often pulls their strings. Also he is guilty of some of the grossest actions any non-Romanian manager has performed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Byolante posted:

I'd like to see Pulis do this to almost anyone tbh

Have any Arsenal supporters been following Campbell's loan? Newcastle have been linked with him a fair bit the last few days

Vincent Tan might be losing the plot

Jose fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 11, 2014

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jose posted:

Have any Arsenal supporters been following Campbell's loan? Newcastle have been linked with him a fair bit the last few days

I doubt that he'll make it at Arsenal, he'll probably get sold.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Actually they've made a lot of headlines and a bunch of TRP spergs have gotten their panties in a twist about him and also he's going to win the league, so...
Agreed, actually thinking for yourself is classic aspergers.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Modus Trollens posted:

I wish Chelsea fans were actually from Chelsea it would make this so much funnier

To be fair, the club isn't even in Chelsea.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

Yeah I don't get it either, but they sure get worked up about it. Weird stuff really.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I love Jose Mourinho.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

serious gaylord posted:

I love Jose Mourinho.
Same, he's a living rorschach test. All our wildest fantasy's will be revealed if you look deep enough.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah I don't get it either, but they sure get worked up about it. Weird stuff really.
Agreed, disagreeing with an opinion about something equates to getting worked up about it.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

Agreed, disagreeing with an opinion about something equates to getting worked up about it.

Nice meltdown

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Digital Jesus posted:

Nice meltdown
Thanks.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

irlZaphod posted:

Just wait until the next time he says something awesome and everyone rushes to the EPL thread to say how "boring and predictable" he is and how they don't care about him. It's delicious stuff OP.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just wait until the next time he says something awesome and everyone rushes to the EPL thread to say how "boring and predictable" he is and how they don't care about him. It's delicious stuff OP.
Mourinho's not the only one who's boring and predictable.

(Nice Meltdown)

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I'm sorry. I cant resist a "nice meltdown" opportunity.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

irlZaphod posted:

Mourinho's not the only one who's boring and predictable.

(Nice Meltdown)

Lol Liverpool fans are so full of angst it's incredible.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I'm pretty happy tbh.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The victim complex is warring with the irresistible urge to be smug.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I loved Mourinho the first time he was in England but now he's honestly a boring miserable predictable oval office so pretty much SAF mk2

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Thirteenth Step posted:

I loved Mourinho the first time he was in England but now he's honestly a boring miserable predictable oval office so pretty much SAF mk2

Agree. I loved him when he was in Italy and Spain because you didn't have to actually deal with his poo poo you could laugh from a distance.

Now it's just annoying.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
My experience of Liverpool fans is that they're insufferable whether they lose or win. They are horribly sentimental and constantly talk about being victimised, more than the Jews even. I want them (Liverpool fans) to be ground to dust. I want the dust to be sealed in lead and dropped in the Irish Sea so it doesn't contaminate the rest of us.

There are too many ex-players in the media too. Way more than there should be. Finally, I fuckibg hate Jamie Redknapp and his stupid waistcoats and youthful appearance.

There is much less sanctimonious mythology surrounding Chelsea and City, perhaps because they haven't been around as long. Jose is good-looking and has a GSOH. Pellegrini is too old to be likable so he is my second choice.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Burqa King posted:

My experience of Liverpool fans is that they're insufferable whether they lose or win. They are horribly sentimental and constantly talk about being victimised, more than the Jews even. I want them (Liverpool fans) to be ground to dust. I want the dust to be sealed in lead and dropped in the Irish Sea so it doesn't contaminate the rest of us.

There are too many ex-players in the media too. Way more than there should be. Finally, I fuckibg hate Jamie Redknapp and his stupid waistcoats and youthful appearance.

There is much less sanctimonious mythology surrounding Chelsea and City, perhaps because they haven't been around as long. Jose is good-looking and has a GSOH. Pellegrini is too old to be likable so he is my second choice.
Beta post.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wow.

I'd have just said that they are a tedious synergy of first and second generation plastics.

That's a bit much.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Beta than yours that's for sure

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Burqa King posted:

Nice meltdown.

In related news, Brendan Rogers won Manager of the Month for March, while Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard shared Player of the Month :owned:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Those awards tend to jinx things so I'm actually glad, so chew on that

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

You got in my head. I decided checked who won Manager of the Month for the same time last year.

David Moyes :negative:

Digital Jesus fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 11, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Cardiff City have spoken to the Premier League following claims important team details were leaked to Crystal Palace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26984963

Joe Ledley's mam has a lot to answer for.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don't really like Liverpool but they have been cool and good this season. I have particularly enjoyed the meltdowns from ABLs, of which there have been many in this very thread

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The team are good to watch but many of the fans are an entitled bunch of crybabies. I live with one and he's full of conspiracy theories about Howard Webb. I'm dreading the day he finds out about Hillsborough tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Burqa King posted:

Wow, good one.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Aguero is in the squad for Sunday. :getin:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Ive been told that my sources dont think theres a chance Moyes is getting sacked in the summer

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Taff posted:

Ive been told that my sources dont think theres a chance Moyes is getting sacked in the summer

This is the first time I've really hoped your itk knowledge is actually true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Taff posted:

Wonderful news.

• Locked thread