Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

MikeSevigny posted:

Just pray the Halo away.

I blame the obvious Titan bias in our liberal media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Super Rad posted:

I blame the obvious Titan bias in our liberal media.

I don't hate Gears of War players, I'm just interested in protecting our children.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

The entirety of the "Battle.Net - Well Wishes & Best Friends" in the Blizzard subforum is my favorite example of gamers.txt you can get. Few mental acrobatics get more amazing than the players of SC2 online who, if they lose to you, without hesitation or doubt, outline that you are clearly the inferior player.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_O3m471vNg

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
So how do they respond to "I am a terrible player and you still lost to me"?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

RottenK posted:

So how do they respond to "I am a terrible player and you still lost to me"?

I would answer but I don't want to get banned for racism

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

5er posted:

The entirety of the "Battle.Net - Well Wishes & Best Friends" in the Blizzard subforum is my favorite example of gamers.txt you can get. Few mental acrobatics get more amazing than the players of SC2 online who, if they lose to you, without hesitation or doubt, outline that you are clearly the inferior player.
I'm not much on LoL but these videos (of someone reading the Tribunal entries in approximately the voice of the champions) are probably the best thing to come out of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9P4trNWxYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi5x9LgBdMQ

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
...not because black guys are big or anything.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

This is loving stupid, but you should see the video where he fights with the dick character, it's hysterical.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The Goat Sim steam forums are still the best place to get dumb quotes.

quote:

Probablly a new easter egg, or maybe not....
Just saying... did anyone notice the lantern on top of the barrel in the corner of the house where you start? Just saying...

I am talking about a reference to amnesia or possibly even pewdiepie, I don't know.

quote:

Why is this NOT in greenlight?
There are lots of big and better projects. Why I see this at market while better games are forced to gain votes.

quote:

Excuse me, but if u actually took the time to look in the store page, before telling me to get my ♥♥♥♥ straight, you would have noticed that it says "Genre: Casual, Indie, Simulation" which is not true. If you happened to be the type of fool that bough this game but now regret it, I can assure you that you can get a full refund if you point out the false advertising.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

cat doter posted:

This is loving stupid, but you should see the video where he fights with the dick character, it's hysterical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8o2yq2sA2g

11 minutes in, a guy is just stunned at the sight of the dick and gets perfected.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
change.org considers only the most troubling issues

quote:

Petitioning Nintendo, Nintendo of Japan
Remove Competitive 'For Glory' Mode from Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS

Petition by
Billy Cannon
Australia

This competitive mode is not the Real Smash Bros game, and it goes against the "Real" way the Game is meant to be played. Items, Stage Hazzards, etc...

Taking out the items, real stages and hazzards is not what Smash Bros is about. Its not a fighting game, its a Brawler with item and hazzard based strategy combat.

This mode only caters to the Competitive Minority who don't really play the real game, And it will divide the fans playing online: with many sore losers who can't win during Item Games and or on Stages with real hazzards.... It Will make online boring.

This mode is not 'For Glory', it is for People that don't want to Play the real Game, It should be Play With Items Competitively, and Its Time for A Real Competitive Scene, For Real Talented Smash Players, That Want a Competitive Mode with Items....

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Ideally they should submit for a whitehouse.gov petition, get 10k signatutes and have the real higher ups weigh in.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Obama please fix battlefield 4.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Azerban posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8o2yq2sA2g

11 minutes in, a guy is just stunned at the sight of the dick and gets perfected.

It's so stupid but damned if the Voldo moveset wasn't perfect for it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Brace yourself for extreme gaming oatmeal.

quote:

The PWNMEAL is NOT a lie.

Don’t let hunger spawncamp you. Drop the hammer with Pwnmeal Extreme Gaming Oatmeal.

It’s a PWN or BE PWN’d world out there. Only a n00b would skip breakfast, the most important meal of the day.

When you visit cyberspace to play your favorite shoot ‘em ups or massively multiplayer online video games, ensure decisive victory with our extreme porridge.

Now listen up gamers: we’re not legally allowed to say that Pwnmeal XGO will make you better at video games. You’ll have to ask yourself how a hearty serving of fiber, real fruit flavoring, and a lower blood cholesterol level will help you and your clan.

quote:

No Scope Headshot Blueberry
When an enemy pops up on your HUD, there's no time to switch to your sidearm. Line it up and pull the trigger with a sweet, warm BFG (the B is for blueberry).

A sweet, warm Blueberry loving Gun. :downs:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Pomp posted:

Brace yourself for extreme gaming oatmeal.

A sweet, warm Blueberry loving Gun. :downs:

Blueberry Fruit Granola?

BingeHooligan
Dec 24, 2010

boo_radley posted:

Blueberry Fruit Granola?

Blueberries For Gaming! :v:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

It's for cards against humanity.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

YEah, watching the video on that page, I'm not sure how you can take that as anything besides ironic.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Wouldn't be the first time people ITT failed to get an obvious joke

No, John. You are the gamers.txt

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

KittyEmpress posted:

YEah, watching the video on that page, I'm not sure how you can take that as anything besides ironic.

Don't they have a pretty big presence at PAX though? I think on Retsutalk they mentioned seeing a bunch of ads for them everywhere. But to be fair poo poo like this exists unironically.

Gamers will buy literally anything if you put the word 'gamer' in front of it.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Tracula posted:

Don't they have a pretty big presence at PAX though? I think on Retsutalk they mentioned seeing a bunch of ads for them everywhere.

True, but if you look at Max Temkin's (of Cards Against Humanity) twitter feed he ordered several tons of it on April 2 and the official website is registered to him.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Anyone who believes gamer oatmeal is real for a second is autistic. Fact.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I feel it is time to start my food line of "Gamer Salads". Alternate turbo flavor replaces cucumber seeds with caffeine pills.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Tracula posted:

Don't they have a pretty big presence at PAX though? I think on Retsutalk they mentioned seeing a bunch of ads for them everywhere. But to be fair poo poo like this exists unironically.

Look at the loving video. It literally has buff men and women flexing, catching oatmeal in their hands like a rain of something precious, then shoveling it in their mouth and splashing it all over their face.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

KittyEmpress posted:

Look at the loving video. It literally has buff men and women flexing, catching oatmeal in their hands like a rain of something precious, then shoveling it in their mouth and splashing it all over their face.

No, you don't understand. RETSUTALK mentioned it.

BingeHooligan
Dec 24, 2010
To be fair, when I first looked at it the video didn't load and I thought it was a weirdly formatted web page. However , now that is has... :allears:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Tracula posted:

Cards Against Humanity are willing to put a lot of money into doing their dumb jokes, and it's amazing

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

AugmentedVision posted:

No, you don't understand. RETSUTALK mentioned it.

:jerkbag: More quality posting from AugmentedVision

BingeHooligan posted:

To be fair, when I first looked at it the video didn't load and I thought it was a weirdly formatted web page. However , now that is has... :allears:

Yeah, same thing happened to me. With the video it's pretty clearly a joke but as I said, gamers are willing to buy all kinds of stupid poo poo so long as its marketed at them so at a glance I was willing to believe it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ularg posted:

I feel it is time to start my food line of "Gamer Salads". Alternate turbo flavor replaces cucumber seeds with caffeine pills.

Gamer Ranch, with Guarana, Ginseng and three kinds of Vitamin B. It gives you the fuel you need for all night gun battles in Call of Duty and helps you lane to maximum effectiveness in League of Legends. Got a raid in WoW? Put some Gamer Ranch on your pizza for maximum DPS.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I do kind of want some ranch right now.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The main thing that tips it off as a joke is that oatmeal is good for you.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Germstore posted:

Hey bro are u tryin to mess w/my oatz + squatz

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Germstore posted:

Oh no you didn't

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

AugmentedVision posted:

Wouldn't be the first time people ITT failed to get an obvious joke

No, John. You are the gamers.txt

After being exposed to enough gamer-related retardation no joke can look obvious.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Getting the joke and thinking it's painfully unfunny are also not mutually exclusive.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
It being fake makes it somehow less funny because that means someone made this up thinking comedy gold and expected more than a few eyerolls and jokes at its expense before people ignore it like every other gaming food item.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Tracula posted:

How many steps away from Futurama's Bachelor Chow are we now, anyway? I give it five years tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Delsaber posted:

How many steps away from Futurama's Bachelor Chow are we now, anyway? I give it five years tops.

A few weeks.

• Locked thread