Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

burf posted:

Since I like the idea of multiple predictions, so I'm doing it too. If 5 or more of the following predictions are incorrect, I will get an avatar of SAS' choosing.

1. Erik Karlsson will finish in the top 3 for Norris voting.
2. Bobby Ryan will score at least 35 goals.
3. Clarke MacArthur will outscore David Clarkson.
4. Spezza will finish top-10 in scoring.
5. Ottawa will finish ahead of Detroit.
6. Winnipeg will finish 4th or higher in the Central division.
7. Yakupov will score at least 30 goals.
8. Canada will not make the 2014 Olympic men's hockey finals.
9. Taylor Hall will outscore John Tavares (gonna hedge this bet by saying in points-per-game, not total points).
10. Toronto and Anaheim will miss the playoffs.

If any of those seem too easy, let me know and I can swap the offending prediction to something else.

I only got one right. Have at me, SAS :(

e: I thought I was being sneaky with the Hall prediction but nope, he managed to play the full season while Tavares went out halfway through while riding a high PPG

bub spank fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I vote for a picture of a jubilant Daniel Alfredsson with the text "#ALFIECHOSERIGHT"

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
something around:

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

burf posted:

I only got one right. Have at me, SAS :(

e: I thought I was being sneaky with the Hall prediction but nope, he managed to play the full season while Tavares went out halfway through while riding a high PPG

i like how you would have easily gotten the hall/tavares one if you hadn't tried to hedge

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Whacha doin tonight?

I'm fun at parties!

What's that say?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Are all of those Corey Perry? Because I could go for one of those.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I still need some kind of punishment avatar as well since Crosby did not, in fact, score 120 points.

And I may be due for a name change if Montreal manages to win a playoff series. My toxxes were not so well thought out, in retrospect. I've already lost at least two and I think Montreal has a fairly decent shot at knocking off Tampa.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Zodijackylite posted:

:toxx: If Brandon Dubinsky finishes the season with more points than Rick Nash I will get a Brandon Dubinsky avatar. I suppose it should probably be a new one since I'm over a year late on replacing the Rangers Dubitar.

vs.
26 goals ------------- 16 goals
13 assists ----------- 34 assists
39 points ------------ 50 points

I found this picture a while ago captioned "Brandon Dubinsky moderating a breakout session" and I have no idea what is going on but it looks like some sort of bro convention. I don't think I could capture the whole picture in an avatar though.

I'm thinking of commemorating the occasion with a gif sliding between the two pictures above (how do you make the sliding action?) with a caption along the lines of "hey arty you remember that time we got traded for nasher then i outscored him? i bet he's loving new york and... whoa nasher you're not going to try to kill me are you?"

Source pics if anyone can help a Dubi-bro out with a sliding gif of them.
http://i.imgur.com/tShgZjH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XKtWccD.png

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

neoaxd posted:

[color="red"]CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?[color]
Yes, yes I can. :sigh:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Zodijackylite posted:

vs.

I found this picture a while ago captioned "Brandon Dubinsky moderating a breakout session" and I have no idea what is going on but it looks like some sort of bro convention. I don't think I could capture the whole picture in an avatar though.

I'm thinking of commemorating the occasion with a gif sliding between the two pictures above (how do you make the sliding action?) with a caption along the lines of "hey arty you remember that time we got traded for nasher then i outscored him? i bet he's loving new york and... whoa nasher you're not going to try to kill me are you?"

the breakout session one with "alright so artys picking up the molly, mojo says he can score us some good green from this guy he knows in windsor, cam you sure your dad is gone until tuesday?"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Zodijackylite posted:

vs.

I'll work on some ideas for the bro meeting one after a few more glasses of wine.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

Scott Gomez Addams

(Picture of Gomez's face photoshopped on Raul Julia's body, in his role as M. Bison from that godawful street fighter movie)
Seriously though, if someone makes this happen I will buy it with VJeff's suggested title.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Vigilance posted:

I still need some kind of punishment avatar as well since Crosby did not, in fact, score 120 points.

BEST IN THE WORLD

My turn. Let 'er rip, goons

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

JoelJoel posted:

I'll work on some ideas for the bro meeting one after a few more glasses of wine.

:argh:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yours is better.

e: needs to be more menacing.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 14, 2014

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mayo and Catsup posted:

BEST IN THE WORLD

My turn. Let 'er rip, goons

I'll remember this :argh:

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

JoelJoel posted:

That's just fantastic

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits posted:

If the Flames are ahead of the Oilers in the standings at the end of the year, I will do the same 5$/Standing point donation to a Calgary Based-Charity

As it stands: Calgary down 5-1 to Vancouver in with 77 points, Edmonton done with 67 points. Some Calgary charity is getting $50 sometime soon :sigh:

It will probably be something related to flood relief unless theres any specific ideas. The donation will be made sometime prior to July 1st. (not right away, but likely next month)

fits posted:

if Tarasenko scores more points in the regular season than Yakupov I will bear an avatar proclaiming Tarasenko's greatness until the next season kicks off

Tarasenko: 64GP 21-22-43
Yakupov: 65GP 11-13-24

So, ideas on our Russian Savior, Vladimir Tarasenko?

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

JoelJoel posted:

This is loving incredible.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mentholmoose posted:

If the Flyers miss the playoffs I'll get an avatar praising Sidney Crosby and keep it until the start of the 2014-15 season.

Well thank God that didn't happen.

And I assume we're going to do playoff toxxes in here, so here's mine: if the Flyers don't win the Cup, I'll get an avatar of SAS choosing featuring a player from whichever team ends up eliminating the Flyers.

e: And for the hell of it, I'll keep it until the next time the Flyers beat whichever team it ends up being, in the regular season or a single playoff game.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 14, 2014

grack
Jan 10, 2012

grack posted:

Maybe you should just go ahead and get that AV now...

If the Canucks are not a top 4 seed in the West I will buy an avatar of the top team, as chosen by SAS fans of said team and keep it until the beginning of the 2014-2015 season

I miss Coach Totoro already :negative:

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
IF THE NHL'S BOSTON BRUINS DO NOT WIN LORD STANLEY'S CUP THIS YEAR I AM :toxx: BOUND TO THE FOLLOWING:

1.) I will get an avatar of the winner's team, and keep it until the bruins take revenge
2.) I will write a highschool style five paragraph essay (intro, three points, conclusion) about all the things that lead to the bruins defeat at the hands of this team

Maybe something else too, that's all I got for now.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I am super thrilled about my forthcoming 2011 Bruins av. I am an idiot and have no idea what I was thinking in October.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Rutkowski posted:

Wow that is an improvement 100-fold over the last avatar.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vigilance posted:

I'll remember this :argh:

Needs to link to your essay for full points

:haw:

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
:toxx: If the Bruins win the Stanley Cup, I will donate $100 to the One Fund Boston in NHLSAS's name.

If the Bruins lose, I'll still donate $20, on the understanding that I'll need the remainder for medicinal alcohol.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
There are too many god drat changes going on and had to use the previous avatar website to look up everyone. Like seriously I don't remember names but only avatars. Hard enough figuring out who Grack was let alone brodur's nanny.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Veskit posted:

There are too many god drat changes going on and had to use the previous avatar website to look up everyone. Like seriously I don't remember names but only avatars. Hard enough figuring out who Grack was let alone brodur's nanny.

Mouthy Canucks fan

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
If the Bruins win the Lord Stanley's Cup in 2014 I will record and upload, to Youtube, a Bruins-inspired drum solo of indeterminate length.

If they lose: I'll break my goddamn drumsticks in half. Possibly light them on fire as well. While wearing that infernal Tim Thomas jersey I still have.

:toxx:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DOOP posted:

Needs to link to your essay for full points

:haw:

Ah good idea. I don't feel like shelling out mo money to fix it though. The simple statement of Giroux's greatness will have to do.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

Rutkowski posted:

Welcome home, friend

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
If the Avs win the Stanley Cup I'll get a tattoo of the Avs logo with the Cups behind it.

After my last toxx I'm taking a safe route.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Why not something funny like say:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
if the Rangers win the cup, I'll rewrite the entirety of Richard III starring Glen sather as Richard

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

LumpyGumby posted:

If the Avs win the Stanley Cup I'll get a tattoo of the Avs logo with the Cups behind it.

After my last toxx I'm taking a safe route.

It shoul be a tattoo of Roy with his three (3) Stanley Cup rings in his ears. I'll leave it up to you to decide what/how that 3rd ring is being suspended and inserted into his ear.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
If Pittsburgh makes it to the SCF I will get a penguins avatar to match my new penguins forum name

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

if the Rangers win the cup, I'll rewrite the entirety of Richard III starring Glen sather as Richard

if this happens i will record myself performing the opening monologue wearing a white wig and chomping on a cigar

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Can we stage this

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

canuckanese posted:

If Tyler Seguin leads the Dallas Stars to a Stanley Cup victory I will get his face tattooed on my rear end.

Oh gently caress I have to cheer for Corey Perry now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Duke Chin posted:

It shoul be a tattoo of Roy with his three (3) Stanley Cup rings in his ears. I'll leave it up to you to decide what/how that 3rd ring is being suspended and inserted into his ear.

If they win it'd be his fifth cup.

• Locked thread