Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Selene:"Right. Need a mirror, or something shiny..." Looking around, this place is pretty much made out of mirrors. "Who the hell lives here, David Copperfield?" Fixing her gaze on one she pushes back through into what she still thinks of as the real world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Suddenly Selene appears in the kitchen.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

Cockroach interrupts you. "Me? Yeah, I got clothes for you. Because, clothes, that's what's really important. Not the dead body over there, or the police sirens coming closer, or the hit squads, or the nightmare monsters begging to burst through into this plane of existence. Clothes."

Raj would also like some clothes now that he's transformed back, but doesn't bother bringing it up.

"Okay, this werewolf stuff I can get, but what does a talking cockroach have to do with any of this?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Fabio, maybe..."

Selene stops mumbling to herself when she sees the rest of the pack.

"Ah, great, you got him. We need to go, guys, the fuzz are on their way."

She pauses and looks sheepish

"Did anyone hear the escape plan?"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Where am I on the timeline Xylow? Do I hear the sirens yet?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Jarrod I'm assuming you came through as well? If not it doesn't matter, because it's one of those things that's easy to retconn.

Selene, Wendigo rumble-hisses "Hurry!" again.

Everyone else, you hear a low-pitched, hissing voice come from all around, demanding that you hurry.

Cockroach says "He's right, you guys need to get out of here."

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Where am I on the timeline Xylow? Do I hear the sirens yet?

You are outside the timeline. You have ridden with Blacktail, who high-tailed it out of there as soon as he heard the car alarm, because he knew that meant cops. You are heading to Billingsly park, the rendevous point. Are you staying in the Goosewagon with Rat, riding shotgun with him, or riding in the back of the truck with the prisoner?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

You are outside the timeline. You have ridden with Blacktail, who high-tailed it out of there as soon as he heard the car alarm, because he knew that meant cops. You are heading to Billingsly park, the rendevous point. Are you staying in the Goosewagon with Rat, riding shotgun with him, or riding in the back of the truck with the prisoner?

Wait, the rat can drive? I'm definitely riding the wagon either way

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

"I have no idea who is talking" he says, before moving into the real world.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Wait, the rat can drive? I'm definitely riding the wagon either way

Goosewagon is hooked to a trailer hitch on the truck.

In any case, Rat talks with you. "So as a werewolf, you get special powers, okay? But you have to be taught them by spirits that know them."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf

Alf is caught off guard by Selene popping out of thin air in the kitchen but composes himself in time to answer her question. "Something about Billingsly park in ~spirit form~.... I guess the farmer has been sharing drinks with the guy towing the petting zoo."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Alright, stop screwing around. We need to get out of here. Mr Boon, sir, could you and Alf help (she checks the copy of the list she picked up in the van) Mr Rothschild, and we'll go and meet Blacktail."

bell jar posted:

"I have no idea who is talking" he says, before moving into the real world.

"Sorry, where are my bloody manners. The unseen voice is Wendigo, he's very clear that we need to go now."

Selene's temper is clearly on a knife edge.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 14, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Goosewagon is hooked to a trailer hitch on the truck.

In any case, Rat talks with you. "So as a werewolf, you get special powers, okay? But you have to be taught them by spirits that know them."

"Wouldn't be the first thing spirits have taught me."

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod rummages through the drawers in this apartment he is in. He doesn't really care that the guy who lives there may object. The clothes are not really his style but they're certainly fancier than the ones he has at home.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

"Wouldn't be the first thing spirits have taught me."

"What if I told you I could teach you a power, a gift, so that you would never run out of booze again?"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf
Alf gets a shiver down his spine and a sense of missed opportunities. He feels that something important was happening somewhere else and that he should be there.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
^^^^ lmao

XyloJW posted:

"What if I told you I could teach you a power, a gift, so that you would never run out of booze again?"

You all will be offered 3 free powers by spirits sometime in the near future. If you don't like them, you can turn them down, I have at least 9 powers picked out for each of you, and if you change your mind, you can always go crawling back to the spirit that offered it. You can also learn additional powers at a price. Swires you are being offered your first.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Doug asks

"how are we getting out of here? Also, good thinking jarrod. This guy owes us anyway."
He goes and puts on a nice shirt and pants.

I don't know about the spirit world yet

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod explains what little he knows to Doug while they get dressed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

Doug asks

"how are we getting out of here? Also, good thinking jarrod. This guy owes us anyway."
He goes and puts on a nice shirt and pants.

I don't know about the spirit world yet

Alf
"~Spirit world~, whatever that is" Alf replies.

"And what do you mean owes us? All we've done is smashed up a van, gone through his things, upper decked his toilet and yanked him out of his pool!" Alf pauses and looks around "Uhh that Upper deck thing, no idea where that came from. Don't even know what it means."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"For Christ's sake, you clowns, we need t- Is that real silk?"

Selene is also distracted enough to loot a gown and some slippers, but then gets back down to business

"Right, spirit world, Billingsly Park, Blacktail, let's move it!"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene starts tutoring everyone in the fine art of walking into a mirror until you knock your self out and dream travel in the spirit world.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj still doesn't know poo poo about the spirit world either. In all the commotion he barely manages to grab some random clothes too, but doesn't bother putting them on yet since who knows if they'll have to shift again soon.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug is concerned.

"Guys, is this real? Is this all the screams of my dying brain as I die from smoke inhalation in a barn in the middle of nowhere? None of this makes any sense."

He also is concerned with his obligations to the scientific community. He should probably let them know that werewolves and a new plane of reality exist, but at the same time, he doesn't want to end up in a bioweapons lab.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Splode posted:

Doug is concerned.

"Guys, is this real? Is this all the screams of my dying brain as I die from smoke inhalation in a barn in the middle of nowhere? None of this makes any sense."

He also is concerned with his obligations to the scientific community. He should probably let them know that werewolves and a new plane of reality exist, but at the same time, he doesn't want to end up in a bioweapons lab.

Wendigo booms again. "Hurry!" The sound distinctively seems to come in Doug's vicinity this time.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene stares balefully at Doug. "No, I'm pretty sure this is my dying hallucination. So do as I bloody tell you"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

does transitioning through the spirit world mean you come out with the same poo poo you entered? like looting fancy clothes or guns or do you lose it all?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod pays heed to the disembodied voice, beckons to the others, and vanishes into the nearest mirror, slipping into the spirit world. He waits for the others before descending down the stairs to the lobby.

"Don't bother with the lift."

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

beetroy posted:

does transitioning through the spirit world mean you come out with the same poo poo you entered? like looting fancy clothes or guns or do you lose it all?

Oh sorry, guns and that briefcase don't go. If anyone wants to retcon "I stepped back through and hid poo poo" feel free. Otherwise, as far as everyone can tell, it does.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Everyone please let me know if you step through while wearing JP's clothes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf

Alf watches the young toff disappear into a mirror. He looks over to Selene - "Is this for real?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Eh, haven't really had time to get changed. Not worried about the gun or case either.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

beetroy posted:

Alf

Alf watches the young toff disappear into a mirror. He looks over to Selene - "Is this for real?"

Alf you watch him go through, and see the clothes drop.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene

"Yeah, Alf. Crazy, but real. Come on, I'll show you how"

She's prepared to be more patient with Alf and Raj, but is still insistent about moving the pack along.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

Jarrod pays heed to the disembodied voice, beckons to the others, and vanishes into the nearest mirror, slipping into the spirit world. He waits for the others before descending down the stairs to the lobby.

"Don't bother with the lift."

All your ill-gotten clothes fail to go with you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj tries to do whatever mirror stuff Selene's talking about. Whenever he gets the hang of it, he steps through still holding the clothes, not wearing them.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
They drop too.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug sighs.

"Well it looks like we're going to be naked. Whatever." He walks through the mirror, letting the clothes fall to the floor.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf
Alf listens intently to Selene, then starts undoing his belt...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf laughs at his own dumb joke and following Selenes instructions steps through the mirror...

• Locked thread