Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I tried reading 4chan once, but all I got was a facefull of dickgirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ka0 posted:

I tried reading 4chan once, but all I got was a facefull of dickgirls.

Did you go to /b/ or something cause that usually doesn't happen on the blueboards(the boards with a blue default background that are ostensibly SFW) at least not without being spoiled first

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I don't think 4chan is for me.

In other news the G2 Sideswipe I ordered off some dude in Japan got lost. When I asked about where he sent it: "I don't remember".

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Ka0 posted:

In other news the G2 Sideswipe I ordered off some dude in Japan got lost. When I asked about where he sent it: "I don't remember".
At least he is honest

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Ka0 posted:

Sounds legit.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Veg posted:

Sounds legit.

We all tried our best, and that's good enough.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Ka0 posted:

That is some lame rear end poo poo right there.

How does he not even have the wherewithal to say, "I sent it to your address"?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

My bad for being a cheapskate. It was $48 plus airmail trackless shipping at $12. That's still cheaper than the $79 or so without the usual +$30 shipping of BBTS or TFSource.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Windblade was quite fun, with tall Tankor and fat Tankor being the highlight, and Starscream being in full-on dick mode to a pretty worrying degree. As for WB herself, she comes across a lot more naive than you might expect, she almost feels like a classic Bumblebee replacement.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
God, I can't believe I didn't get the joke with her VTOL ducted fans.

Windblade's a fan character.

gently caress's sake I'm dumb.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I liked this issue. What makes it really different from other transformers issue is the use of color I believe. And the use of the panels and borders on the page that's after the explosion was pretty well done.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The other great gag of the issue:

*Of course* it was Thunderclash who discovers the Planet of Robot Ladies. No doubt he did it between curing cancer and solving the universal energy crisis.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I recently have been marathoning a lot of the IDW transformers comics, and I never noticed before how much coupling was going on in MTME before. Chromedome/Rewind is the most explicit, but there's also Tailgate/Cyclonus, Rodimus/Drift, Rewind/Dominus Ambus and Swerve basically hitting on everybody.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I think Swerve's crush is Blurr. Don't take my word for it, what do I know.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ka0 posted:

I think Swerve's crush is Blurr. Don't take my word for it, what do I know.

Makes sense. Blurr IS dreamy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Nah, Blurr is more Swerve's girlfriend who lives in Canada.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Nah, Blurr is more Swerve's girlfriend who lives in Canada.

Nailed it.

I also have been rereading MTMTE and what stood out to me this time is how few Decepticon antagonists there are. Overlord, DJD, and (if you're being truly generous) the Seacons. Most of the time it's infighting, rogue Autobots, ammonites, etc. I'd be curious to know if that's an intentional choice, or just how Roberts's brain is built.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I have a question: I recently bought Animated Shockwave, and I'm having a tough time getting his legs to stay snapped together. It didn't come with instructions, so I'm sort of guessing/going by images on the internet, but it seems that the only thing that holds his legs together in tank mode is the peg on the thigh armor? It doesn't seem quite stable enough though, and they kind of flop around.

I'm also not quite sure what's supposed to be going on with his knee hatches (the ones that close around his hinges in robot mode) when he's in Longarm's crane mode. In tank mode they lay flat beneath his thighs, but when you tilt the legs down, the panels collide with them. Surely they don't just hang down there?

It just feels like a lot of things are supposed to peg in to places that I'm sort of missing...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Most of the time it's infighting, rogue Autobots, ammonites, etc. I'd be curious to know if that's an intentional choice, or just how Roberts's brain is built.
The common theme in all cases is "cleaning up a mess someone else left behind", so I think that is intentional.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I really want to read the MTMTE comics but I always stop myself.

It's mostly because they're featuring things that will never be made into toys but really should, and that's what bothers me about them.

Like we're probably never going to see a Thunderclash figure ever, there's going to be no Dinobots outside of Grimlock, a real deal Ultra Magnus figure is a pipedream unless you're into the Masterpiece line, Autobot Megatron will never happen and if it does it's going to be some convention exclusive, all the guys who are pretenders, headmasters, and powermasters probably will never see a toy made of them outside of the rare occasional odd one like Double Dealer and Skullgrin. Also that there's only one Bumblebee in that universe instead of a dozen or so different Bumblebees in like every post movie line-up ever.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
...so you're not letting yourself read a good story because you want toys of them? Uh, okay.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rita Repulsa posted:

...so you're not letting yourself read a good story because you want toys of them? Uh, okay.

They're like commercials of products you want to buy but nobody will let you have them.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're like commercials of products you want to buy but nobody will let you have them.

I understand where you're coming from, I've been trying to figure out what crotch/thighs/knees this customizer used for like an hour today:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

I ain't ever gonna have a helicopter or a Ferarri or look good with a moustache, doesn't mean I can't watch Magnum PI.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Phy posted:

I ain't ever gonna have a helicopter or a Ferarri or look good with a moustache, doesn't mean I can't watch Magnum PI.
Yours are the finest of posts. The posts of Taint Reaper, son of Vaerai Archon, are charmingly silly though.

I really liked Windblade and really enjoyed the bit where Blurr got her name wrong, given I've seen lots of people do that. The only thing that saddens me is for a split-second I thought Knock Out was in the book given the one bot's silhouette and the lovely lips they all have.

Knock Out needs to be in this book.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Knock Out needs to join Lugnut and Lockdown's merry band of continuity travelers.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Heads up, what's left of the old GDO Asian Exclusive voyagers seem to be popping up at Ross discount stores. I just picked up a Hot Spot for $12.99 after never catching a whiff of the dude when he was supposedly on shelves.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Blackheart posted:

Knock Out needs to join Lugnut and Lockdown's merry band of continuity travelers.

The IDW comics need Knockout so bad. He'd fit in wonderfully.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The last thing I would compare MTMTE to is a commercial. It's not selling toys, it's telling a story, which is one of the primary reasons it's the best official TF fiction put to paper.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Keldroc posted:

The last thing I would compare MTMTE to is a commercial. It's not selling toys, it's telling a story, which is one of the primary reasons it's the best official TF fiction put to paper.

The good fiction makes you want toys related to it. So in a way it is selling toys.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

The good fiction makes you want toys related to it. So in a way it is selling toys.

To further add to this just look at Swerve, Razorback, and Bludgeon.

Hell look at the PRICES on their figures.

There's a reason why they're packaging the comics with the figures now. It's cross promotion.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 17, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

Well anything with TFs in it is going to potentially be a way to sell toys, but that's not IDW's original aim, and it's not Roberts' primary goal. The success of the series has led to Hasbro taking notice and creating product to meet a perceived demand. The series was almost certainly not originally conceived as a toy promotion tool. That's just a happy side effect of its success.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

3 posted:

Heads up, what's left of the old GDO Asian Exclusive voyagers seem to be popping up at Ross discount stores. I just picked up a Hot Spot for $12.99 after never catching a whiff of the dude when he was supposedly on shelves.

I'm takin' the chance to recommend Powerdive too, he's a super fun toy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Well anything with TFs in it is going to potentially be a way to sell toys, but that's not IDW's original aim, and it's not Roberts' primary goal. The success of the series has led to Hasbro taking notice and creating product to meet a perceived demand. The series was almost certainly not originally conceived as a toy promotion tool. That's just a happy side effect of its success.

We still do not have a proper Chromedome figure. A guy that should be immortalized in plastic(again, but this time with articulation) and they dare tell tales of his amazing ventures and facinating exploits and we have no way of paying a 14.99 tribute to get his likeness.

Tis a crime.

Blackheart posted:

I'm takin' the chance to recommend Powerdive too, he's a super fun toy.

I had no idea he was a G2 guy and a fairly spot on homage, until I looked him up. I just thought he was some random guy just for the line or a micromaster. He's got one of the best plane alt modes around. And the paint job is much better than HFTD Highbrow. It's one of those rare instances where the paintjob adds a lot to the figure than the original, like Double Dealer being better than Blitzwing.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 17, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The third party guys have made some great IDW figures though ... seriously loving my Swerve/Gears Maketoys set.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010
MTMTE is like my favorite transformers thing right now, so it's unfortunate you have to have the plastic to go along with it to get into it. The 3rd party toys are fun, and we can always hope for an official Pharma toy with real chainsaw action.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

We still do not have a proper Chromedome figure. A guy that should be immortalized in plastic(again, but this time with articulation) and they dare tell tales of his amazing ventures and facinating exploits and we have no way of paying a 14.99 tribute to get his likeness.

Tis a crime.

As a Headmaster fan, I certainly can't disagree in principle, but to deprive myself of what is not just the best TF fiction ever written but genuinely one of the best comics on the shelf today, period, strikes me as borderline masochistic. That's the real crime here.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

As a Headmaster fan, I certainly can't disagree in principle, but to deprive myself of what is not just the best TF fiction ever written but genuinely one of the best comics on the shelf today, period, strikes me as borderline masochistic. That's the real crime here.

What I've read from the figure pack-ins I've liked but I'm really waiting for the IDW TPB to go on sale so I can pick them up all at once for cheap. B&N and Amazon tend to have sales but I've yet to see them discounted as heavily as Borders used to do where you would get 2-3 books entirely free and you could throw on a 25% off coupon ontop.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Chu Chu posted:

MTMTE is like my favorite transformers thing right now
It is the best TF thing going on right now!

One thing I will say for /co/, the TF fanart can be really amazing when it isn't creepy.

Though I guess maybe that could be official but I don't recall seeing it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Keldroc posted:

I don't think anyone is actually refraining from reading MTMTE over it, I'm pretty sure he was talking about rereading, or a hesitation when a new issue comes out.