Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The problem is honestly that "realistic New York" and "New York that is fun in a game" are not the same thing, especially when you consider the wide variety of heroes available. A New York designed for a game where you fly as Tony Stark and a game where you webswing as Spider-Man would need to be designed in very different ways and realism would get in the way of a good game experience. Even in the case of something like Grand Theft Auto, realistic city streets usually get in the way of fun driving. (Which is why you have a lot more wide-open streets, a lot less traffic, and roads that flow into each other in a way designed for fast-paced car races and not leisurely commutes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Marvel Universe game would have a tie in mobile game where nothing really happens and you keep hoping for better gameplay.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'm starting to like the continuity that ASM 2's game has with ASM 1's game. Sam Riegel being back really helps with that.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Disney is adding Marvel Super Heroes to Disney Infinity

Crap, I may actually buy this thing now...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Oh man, this thing's a Skylanders clone, right? Like, i'd have to pay 60+ to get to play with Buzz Lightyear and Spider-man and have Simba, Moon Knight and the Fairy Godmother ready to wreck poo poo? Because if it's somehow not then I'm dropping the cash.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh man, this thing's a Skylanders clone, right? Like, i'd have to pay 60+ to get to play with Buzz Lightyear and Spider-man and have Simba, Moon Knight and the Fairy Godmother ready to wreck poo poo? Because if it's somehow not then I'm dropping the cash.

Yeah it's Skylanders meets Little Big Planet with Disney characters.

I kind of hate that I'm even remotely considering this :negative:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Queen Elsa can join the X-Men like God intended. :colbert:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't think it works like that. IIRC, you can only use characters from different franchises at the same time in the generic hub area; any time you go into a mission, you're confined to using the characters of whichever playset they belong to, so no crossover unless you just want to gently caress around.

That's how it worked at launch anyway, I don't know if they changed it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Someday one media company is going to own the rights to every single fictional character ever and make a game that makes terrible bloated fanfics from the 90s look positively tame.

Kevin Bacon's character from Footloose is going to be able to do suplexes on Ego the Living Planet while Hercules Poirot buffs him.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Queen Elsa can join the X-Men like God intended. :colbert:

"Sorry Bobby, you're out, she can sing and inexplicably make dresses with her powers"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Might as well kick out Dazzler too, at this rate...

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Looks like there will be a total of 19 suits for Amazing Spider-Man 2. 13 of them will be in-game, 4 from GameStop as Preorder DLC, and 2 that are unknown.

Beenox on PlayStation.net posted:

+ iREVOLTER on March 27th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:
I hope there will be a lot of costumes (I want the Noir one) already on the disc and not as paid dlc, please. 1st was ok, this one looks improved. I hope the story will be as well.

+ Thomas Wilson on March 28th, 2014 at 7:31 am said:
There will be 13 costumes that can be unlocked through the course of the game. 6 costumes will be available as gift with purchase and/or downloadable content.

+ GamerBoyDXD8612 on March 29th, 2014 at 5:27 pm said:
Sorry i meant during Free Roam and is That true and i also heard that there will be 30 costumes too and sorry one more thing change peter parkers face a little make more like Andrew Garfeild and don’t worry you still have time before and i really hope you release more information since the game is coming out this month coming up i hope you release more information on the 10th through April 23rd or April 5th through April 20th

+ Thomas Wilson on April 3rd, 2014 at 6:02 pm said:
You will be able to explore locations as Peter Parker, when that will make sense storywise. For example, you can’t enter Aunt May house as Spider-Man. You can’t free roam as Peter Parker at anytime. And we already said that there will be 19 suits in total. More information will be released this month for sure…even tomorrow!

EDIT: Oh, the 3DS version finally has some screenshots if anyone's thinking of buying that. It confirms Carnage is in the console version since he was teased as Cletus Kasady with symbiote in the recent villains trailer.

http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/the-amazing-spider-man-2-le-jeu-video-premieres-images-version-3ds-202672-1

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 10, 2014

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Until they put in John Carter of Mars, I will never consider buying this game. :colbert

...I still dream of Barsoom.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It's a bit cleavage-y, but I have to admit that's one of the better Black Cat costumes ever. It even stacks up well against the comics.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

It's a bit cleavage-y, but I have to admit that's one of the better Black Cat costumes ever. It even stacks up well against the comics.

Yeah, I like it too. Honestly as far as Black Cat costumes go she's pretty well designed and the cleavage is fairly tame.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I like it too. Honestly as far as Black Cat costumes go she's pretty well designed and the cleavage is fairly tame.

It doesn't look like there's a top on that breast rester. It's about as maximally cleaved as you can get without texturing areolas.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm starting to like the continuity that ASM 2's game has with ASM 1's game. Sam Riegel being back really helps with that.

This just makes sad we will never see Black Cat in an movie because 99% of people will go "Why is Catwoman making out with Spiderman?".

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Drifter posted:

It doesn't look like there's a top on that breast rester. It's about as maximally cleaved as you can get without texturing areolas.

Yeah, but we're talking about Black Cat here. It's a style win whenever her neckline's above her navel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Drifter posted:

That is why I specified "for a Black Cat costume."

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

This just makes sad we will never see Black Cat in an movie because 99% of people will go "Why is Catwoman making out with Spiderman?".

And they'd be right :unsmigghh:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

twistedmentat posted:

You do know that Black Cat was going to be in Spider-Man 4 (though with her story changed to be Vulture's daughter) and played by Anne Hathaway.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

It's funny, the old Spider-Man 2 game included Black Cat chasing Spidey as the B-plot instead of the movie's "I'm psychosomatically losing my powers" nonsense and was better for it. If this game does her as well as that one did, then we'll be two for two on games that include her to better effect than the movies they're based on!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Wait, are you saying you DIDN'T enjoy the parts where Black Cat showed up in ASM1? Those and the Gwen fakeout scene were the highlights of the game for me.

Regarding the new info did I miss something at the end of the bank robbery, I thought Felicia simply said that she was working for Osborne and saying anything else could jeopardize her well being, they did also point out in her bio that she had been infected with the Lizard serum and that was how she got arrested. What I am trying to say is that her getting super powers kind of defeats the whole purpose of Black Cat's mythos. In a world where you have mutants and superheroes that can do amazing feats because of their powers you have Black Cat, who can keep up with Spidey based purely on the fact that she's been a professional criminal for years and it's her experience that allows her to keep up with the "gifted" few in the MCU.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Aces High posted:

Wait, are you saying you DIDN'T enjoy the parts where Black Cat showed up in ASM1? Those and the Gwen fakeout scene were the highlights of the game for me.

Regarding the new info did I miss something at the end of the bank robbery, I thought Felicia simply said that she was working for Osborne and saying anything else could jeopardize her well being, they did also point out in her bio that she had been infected with the Lizard serum and that was how she got arrested. What I am trying to say is that her getting super powers kind of defeats the whole purpose of Black Cat's mythos. In a world where you have mutants and superheroes that can do amazing feats because of their powers you have Black Cat, who can keep up with Spidey based purely on the fact that she's been a professional criminal for years and it's her experience that allows her to keep up with the "gifted" few in the MCU.
Well, that and her bad luck powers depending on if the writer remembered them.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLN3olo7xzA

New trailer for the ASM 2 game for Android/iOS/Windows Phone. It'll be out April 17th (next Thursday) as a "premium game".

If you don't like spoilers, I'd probably avoid Gameloft's game then. While ASM 2 on consoles won't spoil anything (Beenox has specifically stated the game will follow ASM 1's game, NOT ASM 2 (but it will run parallel to the movie sometimes, referencing things...however they plan on doing that...), Gameloft usually takes the route of direct port of the movie's plot.

EDIT: Oh, expect IAP. Lots of IAP. For almost every item that matters in the game.

The timeline that Beenox has given for ASM 2 is:

Amazing Spider-Man the Movie
Amazing Spider-Man the Video Game
Amazing Spider-Man 2 the Video Game
Amazing Spider-man 2 the Movie

They probably won't have Rhino in the game since he was already in ASM 1's game as their own villain. I guess Beenox likes What If? tales because they've also said to think of the games as a What If? thing to the Spider-Man movies.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 12, 2014

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Ok, tons of suit information today for ASM 2.

If you preorder the game from the PlayStation Store for PS3 OR PS4, you will receive the Electro-Proof Suit.

However, this is ONLY on the PSN store, you will not receive the suit if you preorder from GameStop.

When asked on Facebook, Beenox did state that this suit is not in game, it's not an early unlock, and it may not ever come to Xbox or be available in any other way as the decision to give this suit looks like it came exclusively from Sony themselves.

If you preorder via PlayStation Network, you will not receive the Threads Pack (Symbiote Spider-Man (from the comics), Iron Spider, Spider Armor, and Captain Universe Spider-Man).

However, it's been confirmed that the PC version WILL get the Threads Pack if you preorder on Steam.

Other Tidbits (Beenox has been answering questions on Facebook):

• The Symbiote suit will not have black webbing.
  • When asked about the current petition someone put up to have Beenox patch the game so it would be possible to play as Peter Parker in free-roam:

Beenox on Facebook posted:

... the game is gold, so it won't happen. The only petition we have seen had 153 signatures as of today, not thousands. At some point in development, we played with this idea, but it didn't make the final cut for various reasons.
  • When asked if the Electro-Proof suit was in-game and if it was the last suit for the game:

... it's an exclusive pre-order suit, only available for PS3/PS4. Since Electro is such an important vilain of this SONY Pictures movie, it probably made sense to offer the Electro-proof suit only on SONY platforms, from a marketing standpoint.
  • When asked about the suits:

There are 13 in game suits Christopher Drummer (with one that will probably be kept as a surprise since it's unlocked when you complete the game!), and 6 gift with purchase or downloadble suits, with one you haven't heard about yet...and has never appeared in a Spider-Man game!
  • There will not be anymore gameplay videos. The last video to come out will be the launch trailer which will be, according to Beenox, "only a few days before launch.
  • When asked why the game on other platform is cheaper than on the PS4:

... we're a developer, not a publisher, so it's hard for us to explain pricing decisions. However, you probably don't know that in order to release a game on any videogame console, the publisher must pay a royalty to the manufacture, whether Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo, for distributing a game on their system. It could possibly explain the pricing difference between the console version and the Steam version.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152370687893210&set=np.292874189.503368097

https://www.facebook.com/beenox/posts/10152370643443210

[url]http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/15/playstation-store-update-339/[/

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's worth pointing out that all traces of the X-Box One version of ASM2 have vanished from the website and several retailers have changed it (and only it) to a "TBD" release date. All other versions are still scheduled to come out at the same time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, it's been officially postponed indefinitely on the Xbox One. Bizzare.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The graphics were probably too complicated.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The statement from Activision:

quote:

We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One. When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-release-for-amazing-spider-man-2-tbd/0131293

It looks like, for whatever reason, the Xbox One version of ASM 2 is effectively cancelled.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wonder if they just failed the certification process for some reason and didn't feel like spending the time/money to fix it. Activision is loving weird.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Wonder if they just failed the certification process for some reason and didn't feel like spending the time/money to fix it. Activision is loving weird.

Some people are claiming that it's due to technical difficulties with the One vs PS4 in terms of graphics I guess?

Thing is, the game is gold now, as confirmed both by Beenox and by the fact there's only a few weeks left before release.

I guess Activision finally played the game and noticed major issues that they couldn't (or wouldn't) fix and so canceled it on Xbox One.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 17, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The next gen version doesn't look any better though. It can't be a graphics thing.

The Xbone SDK is probably still a huge mess or something.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The next gen version doesn't look any better though. It can't be a graphics thing.

The Xbone SDK is probably still a huge mess or something.

Probably. I just heard that other games have graphical issues over the Sony version but I haven't heard of the SDK stuff. What's going on with that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's crap. The console was rushed to market about 6 months too early.

Lots of games that are not exactly graphical powerhouses like Call of Duty Ghosts and Trials Fusion are at lower resolutions or framerates than the PS4 because the tools are so bad.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's crap. The console was rushed to market about 6 months too early.

Lots of games that are not exactly graphical powerhouses like Call of Duty Ghosts and Trials Fusion are at lower resolutions or framerates than the PS4 because the tools are so bad.

Sounds like Microsoft's eagerness to "beat" Sony is biting them in the rear end. From the looks of things, this may not be the only game the One loses.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I kinda get the feeling that this is more on Activision and the game likely being really terrible than on the Xbox.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because that somehow makes sense with it coming out on everything else?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The game has been rushed, made for last gen consoles and hastily ported to the current gen ones. So it wouldn't surprise me if it's a buggy mess on all systems and part of it was they didn't take the time to program it right for the Xbox. There is likely some blame, but all other games released for both consoles haven't had anything like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

The game has been rushed, made for last gen consoles and hastily ported to the current gen ones. So it wouldn't surprise me if it's a buggy mess on all systems and part of it was they didn't take the time to program it right for the Xbox. There is likely some blame, but all other games released for both consoles haven't had anything like this.

Except it wouldn't make sense for the game to be a "buggy mess" on the last gen consoles because it was made for last gen consoles and ported up to current gen. There's no evidence of it being "hastily" ported either. They made it for 360/PS3 but ported it up to One/PS4. The reason it looks lovely is the same reason all of Activision's multiplatform games look lovely: They ported up, not down. They simply bumped the graphics up...which is seemingly the reason why the One can't handle the game.

Also, if your scenario was true, then the PS4 version would be cancelled right along with Xbox One. This is more on the fault of Microsoft rushing their own console rather than Activision rushing their own game. Beenox worked on ASM 2 after ASM 1 hit shelves, they've done this for all of their games. Sure, the development time is really short but that doesn't mean it was rushed.

• Locked thread