Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cole posted:

Hey guys I actually belong here now :)

This isn't a mass grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bolow posted:

This isn't a mass grave

it can be

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So one day Larry wakes up and discovers there's an 1800 lb Grizzly on his roof

First he calls animal control, and they say they can't do poo poo about an 1800 lb endangered animal, and instruct him to call the Game Warden

Game Warden tells Larry he can't do poo poo about a Grizzly either, but says he knows a guy named Dale who always has a solution for this kinda poo poo and only charges $20. Larry says 'gently caress it, I'll try him' and calls Dale. Sure enough, Dale says he'll be there in 10 minutes.

15 minutes late Dale arrives at the house in a white pickup truck with a mean-rear end lookin Rottweiler in the passenger seat and a rifle in the back.

He hands the rifle to Larry and says "So here's what we're gonna do: I'm going to climb up onto your roof and scare the Grizzly off. Once he hits the ground, I've trained my dog to go bite his nuts and shake them until the Grizzly passes out. After that I'll load him up and go release him in the hills."

Larry thinks about it and decides the plan isn't half bad and may actually work.

"But why'd you give me the rifle?" He asks Dale

"If I fall off the roof, shoot the dog."

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 17, 2014

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Booblord Zagats posted:

1800 lb Grizzly on his roof

I've trained my dog to go bite his nuts and shake them until the gorilla passes out.

Boo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

fixed, ya big gay baby

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
don't gayby shame

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Reminder: NASA drew a dick on Mars.

It's really too bad this wasn't on the Moon, where it would be permanent. By now this penis is long gone, like dust in the wind~

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's really too bad this wasn't on the Moon, where it would be permanent. By now this penis is long gone, like dust in the wind~

Kinda sounds like a new kickstarter campaign.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Started work at 4am this morning helping some friends of my brother repo a mid 90s Tahoe some guy hadn't paid on in something like 10 months. So we show up at this guy's house and get a chain on the truck and start wenching it up. Dude comes out of the front door absolutely furious asking what the hell is going on and threatening to go get his gun.

We explain that he hasn't made a payment on it since last June and the bank wanted it recovered. He gets way more pissed because he's had it paid off since 2003 and punctuates it with "Who the gently caress would be making payments on an old rear end loving truck like this?"

Dude's got a point and we can tell he's trying very hard to be calm about it, so we call up the main office for the repo guys and start talking to the bank. Turns out the dude's fuckin daughter and son in law took out a $6,000 loan from his bank posing as the guy we were talking to and used the Tahoe as the collateral right before they (the daughter and her husband) had PCS'd for Lewis-McChord.

Dude is now the type of pissed off thats usually reserved for Russians who are running out of vodka or Arabs running out of young boys, takes the phone with the bank on the other line and transfers the cash to pay it off entirely then offers all of us a cup of coffee as we take the Tahoe off the back of the tow truck. We said yes because it turns out 4am sucks just as loving bad as I remembered and hang out with the dude for 20 minutes to help him calm down. Good loving dude, sucks our morning had to start with pissing him off, I offered to run a background and credit check on him at the office today to make sure they hadn't used his identity any more than that, he accepted the offer. Pretty sure if you hear about a double murder in the Seattle area this week, it's gonna be justifiable.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Please tell me this dude lived in Frytown or whatever that meth neighborhood is in Sierra Vista. Painting a cool picture here.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

DoktorLoken posted:

Please tell me this dude lived in Frytown or whatever that meth neighborhood is in Sierra Vista. Painting a cool picture here.

Hereford. Nice house, too. Guy had money and lived well within his means by what I saw, just a trashy loving daughter

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Hereford. Nice house, too. Guy had money and lived well within his means by what I saw, just a trashy loving daughter

Well Yea. She married a dumb enlisted guy.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

what color is the boathouse?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

what color is the boathouse?

Like everything else in Hereford, it's yellowish brown from years of dust devils and sun

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Like everything else in Hereford, it's yellowish brown from years of dust devils and sun

He's making a dumb joke.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

He's making a dumb joke.

I know, I've seen Ronin ;)

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

He's making a dumb joke.

YOURE A DUMB JOKE

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/04/voodoo-dolls-show-how-hunger-and-lack-of-self-control-go-hand-in-hand/

quote:

Each subject (total of 214) was provided a voodoo doll that represented his or her spouse. The subjects were instructed to stick between 0 and 51 pins into the voodoo doll, with the number of pins representing the number of aggressive impulses they had toward their spouse. As expected, the lower the level of glucose in the blood, the greater number of pins participants stuck into their voodoo doll. The scientists also noted that women tended to stick more pins into the voodoo doll than men did.
The winner of each trial was allowed to blast a loud noise through the headphones of his or her spouse. This noise was a mixture of sounds that people typically hate: fingernails scratching a chalkboard, ambulance sirens, etc. The noise level and duration were set by the winner. The results again matched the hypothesis that people with lower glucose levels had higher aggression levels, with their spouses suffering louder and longer noise blasts.
lol sucks to be you married dudes. Better keep your special lady fat and happy.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Sebastian Junger made a follow-up to Restrepo called Korengal, uses unreleased footage from the same time period when him and Tim Hetherington were out there shooting for Restrepo. The difference is where Restrepo was supposed to be all about putting you on the battlefield and making you feel what it was like, Korengal is supposed to be more contemplative, featuring the soldiers reflecting on the experience or what they felt in addition to the combat footage. Here's the trailer and here's the Kickstarter Junger is doing to help fund theatrical release.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Theres a dude around town who has a golf cart painted in USMC colors that parks on the side of the road saluting people who honk at him.

At least theres no NOBAMA signs or anything like that.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Theres a dude around town who has a golf cart painted in USMC colors that parks on the side of the road saluting people who honk at him.

goddamn I can't wait to be an old dude.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Taken at Publix near my house on Sunday.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

I have blood sugar issues and lord you don't want to deal with me before I've had my morning bagel. This is also why dudes who do those faux Atkins diets are cranky as gently caress all the time.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Lmfao.

There are three kinds of old people. The old, cranky rear end in a top hat no one likes and whose kids dumped them off at an old folks home so some nurse who hates her life has to take care of them, the really cute, happy and almost disturbingly nice old people, and then the crazy rear end old people who tend to fall somewhere in between depending on the day.

I love crazy old people.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Fart Sandwiches posted:

lmao

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Hey I remember red golfcart-flag dude.
He's been doing that for years(at least since 2003). I usually spotted him between Middlebury & the border of meriden/waterbury.
He'd be parked at places that overlooked I-84, and just popped up at random. I was always curious about how he got drove around in that golfcart..they aren't exactly built for speed/bad weather/street-legalness.

Thinking about it; just watching a never-ending stream of people driving seems pretty chill.
Every second, something new appears.

This continues to be my favorite article about connecticut. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpowell/2013/08/01/how-did-rich-connecticut-morph-into-one-of-americas-worst-performing-economies/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tuluk posted:

Hey I remember red golfcart-flag dude.
He's been doing that for years(at least since 2003). I usually spotted him between Middlebury & the border of meriden/waterbury.
He'd be parked at places that overlooked I-84, and just popped up at random. I was always curious about how he got drove around in that golfcart..they aren't exactly built for speed/bad weather/street-legalness.

Thinking about it; just watching a never-ending stream of people driving seems pretty chill.
Every second, something new appears.

This continues to be my favorite article about connecticut. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpowell/2013/08/01/how-did-rich-connecticut-morph-into-one-of-americas-worst-performing-economies/

This was on the Cheshire/Southington line, right above 691. Dude is usually deeper into Cheshire.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I don't like the new thread tag images.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Said it before, I'll say it again: gently caress Connecticut. I have a lot of family there, and I have no idea how they stand living in that state.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Said it before, I'll say it again: gently caress Connecticut. I have a lot of family there, and I have no idea how they stand living in that state.

:shrug: I like CT. Lots of stupid poo poo here, but every state sucks somehow.

The Forbes article really nails it though.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Back in CT for easter.
Drove to the waterbury costco to pickup stuff for my families easter get-together tomorrow.
Spotted red golfcart flag guy on side of I-84 in Waterbury.
HE LIVES.

I half-think he's a korean war vet. And this months american legion magazine had a article about Korean War POW survivors and their stories.
Nothing hardcore like e-cigarettes or NJPs for getting drunk.... :chiefsay: loving pandasmores,
they suffered mild stuff like death-marches, starvation, lice, burying their own dead, forced indoctrination of communist literature, untreated wounds, and penny-ante poo poo like getting half a foot chopped off in the field/finding out you've had a bullet in your head for 10+ yrs.

And yeah, forbes article really nails the suck of Connecticut. One of my favorite bits in that article was how Waterbury is the only growing city in CT.
Baby-daddies, meth, crack-head deer, and a police force thats buckling under yrs of frozen pay/horrible benefits plan.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm going to be in New Jersey for a week so I'm assuming I'm getting stabbed several times see you @ the crossroads bois

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I lived in the Albanian section of Waterbury for a year. I now avoid all of it whenever possible, even though I live 2 towns over now.

My favorite was going to the mall there, with the signs that say YOUR CAR WILL BE BROKEN INTO. DEAL WITH IT.

Edit: Golfcart guy has a trailer for his cart btw. Thats how he gets it around.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 19, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

genderstomper58 posted:

I'm going to be in New Jersey for a week so I'm assuming I'm getting stabbed several times see you @ the crossroads bois

Where in Jersey?

I hate New Jersey so much.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I'm half way through True Detective and it fuckin owwwwwnnnnnnssssssss

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

elite_garbage_man posted:

I'm half way through True Detective and it fuckin owwwwwnnnnnnssssssss

you're way behind the godamn curve but at least you're doing it right

that season finale made me so stressed out watching it

it was tits

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Where in Jersey?

I hate New Jersey so much.

East Rutherford :(

Flying into Newark which I hear is a Lovely City

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Jersey just feels like a bland area, with miles of tract housing and strip malls. It's just a depressing place to be imo, and you can't even pump your own gas.

• Locked thread