Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
Almost enough for dumb opinions bingo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I've made a new list of problems with america

1. Is America
2. Blew up the twin towers

Hopefully this will stop all the arguments

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

This is(was?) actually true. Not sure if BPA has been mostly voluntarily removed now or not, but this was definitely a thing at one point.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:

newreply.php posted:

How do you go homeopathic with cannabis? Do you keep mixing it with oregano until you're just smoking oregano with no pot in it?

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Snoop Radley posted:

How do you go homeopathic with cannabis? Do you keep mixing it with oregano until you're just smoking oregano with no pot in it?

Cannabis is somehow a panacea that not only prevents but CURES cancer. I've gotten that claim on Facebook before.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Snoop Radley posted:

You probably just put a drop of THC or marijuana extract in water and then dilute it until it's literally just water.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Olanphonia posted:

You probably just put a drop of THC or marijuana extract in water and then dilute it until it's literally just water.

"I'm soooooooo high right now guys"

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

http://elitedaily.com/money/entrepreneurship/10-things-that-truly-passionate-people-do-differently/

Behold, an article about how passionate people (read: awesome people like me) devote their lives to their passion to the point where their passion is their life but that's okay because at least they feel something. To demonstrate, I've included a picture from a movie about a man who is destroyed by his obsession.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Olanphonia posted:

Also, plain water will make you high as hell.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

newreply.php posted:

To be fair; the first two things are good; but its a shame to see "grow some food!" on the same level as "CANNABIS CURES CANCER!!!!!'

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Chose bisexual, but i'm actually demi-sexual. I tend to prefer women and give men the cold shoulder though. I'm a nerdy person, down to earth, I know how to have fun and I enjoy receiving and giving respect to other people regardless of background. I also love learning about cultures and experiencing them. I love cute things. I'm looking for local friendship.

My main hobbies are video games, anime/light novels/manga/visual novels, and reading in general. I also have a tumblr.

I consider myself a social justice warrior: I really like petitions I can agree with. I tend to think a lot about what's right or wrong. So it goes without saying that I'm interested in politics, philosophy, human rights and laws to an extent.

What i'm really looking for is local friendship. Anyone's fine, if you can grab my attention. Don't let long distance stop you from giving me a poke. Just don't poke my tender spots which shall remain secret for now. ehehe. :>.

What I’m doing with my life
Following interests, being a good person, nothing materialistic. I don't care about big bucks. I also would love to travel to a few places. I really want to go back to school.

I’m really good at
Empathy, listening, talking, being rational, figuring out what's right and wrong. Most would say I'm good at video game, figuring computers out and being patient, but I can't really agree. I'm just a reasonable person who researches what he needs to know.

The first things people usually notice about me
An air of confidence, my polite attitude, my straightforward attitude and my charm. Not that I ask people this question, but they tend to just blurt it out.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food

I don't really have favourites of anything. I'm more of a "I'm in the mood for [so and so]" type of person. I tend to stick to what people usually consider geeky though, as I've written in my summary. But to expand on that, I love sci-fi and fantasy. I also like psychological themes. Romance is my guilty pleasure now and then.

As for music, I tend to listen to music for getting me moving, motivated, so anything that's upbeat. I don't often enjoy rap and hip-hop. Country isn't worth mentioning and dubstep is grating.

The six things I could never do without
My hands, my fingers, my legs, my feet, my speech, close friends and the internet.

I spend a lot of time thinking about
Morals, friends, things that are stressing me, my health and work.

On a typical Friday night I am
Working, currently.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
Oh, i'll admit anything. I wouldn't admit private things publically like this though, that's up for people to find out for themselves. I'd rather see people's expressions when I tell them this stuff, because it's usually hilarious. Ahhh the disbelief, aaaah the laughter, they look kinda turned on. Obviously, the most private things are sexual things, huh.

I’m looking for
Everybody
Ages 20–33
Near me
For new friends
You should message me if
you wanna learn more about me, want a good and honest friend who doesn't judge you or try to dictate how you should live. I'm am however very opiniated though. If I disagree with something, I will say so but I in no way expect you to adhere to my way of thinking(I don't bother agreeing or disagreeing about spiritual beliefs though, that's just wrong). In the same venue, you should message me if you are interested in deep and inteligent conversations as well as arguing about this and that.

I'm also open to pretty much anything. I like exploring what life has to offer. I am only as mobile as public transportation permits though.

If you're looking for just a booty call, I don't want to hear from you. One night stands are a bore and I can only have sex with people I connect to on an emotional level. Perhaps the same could be said for a connection on an intellectual level. This rarely happens with men, I apologize if I act disenterested, guys.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

So he's a bisexual that doesn't have a sexual interest in men?
...how does that work exactly?

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

hallo spacedog posted:

It's not his fault if he never rises to the level of interest required for him to be attracted to someone when he's with a guy. It's totally not just a case of special snowflake bullshit. :shrug:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

You remember those insane girls who have an obsessive fixation on Dhzokar/Jahar/Whatever?

One year later, they're still at it.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

And depending on where you are, good loving luck getting any expansion to the already overtaxed transit system approved. If it's not bullshit traffic or economic analysis that a fifth-grader could find the flaws in, it's counties/cities bickering over whether or not the metro system can operate within their precious borders (especially if the county/city has its own system); if it's neither of those, it's "b-b-but that would mean we have to let the poors and blacks move freely and easily through our pristine streets!" couched in claims that it's actually all just about crime reduction. I live in the Metro Atlanta area, and god drat am I tired of still hearing "Where MARTA goes, crime follows" as if MARTA had made any meaningful expansions that weren't to multi-million-dollar venues in the past couple decades.

Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta...?

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

CoolZidane posted:

http://elitedaily.com/money/entrepreneurship/10-things-that-truly-passionate-people-do-differently/

Behold, an article about how passionate people (read: awesome people like me) devote their lives to their passion to the point where their passion is their life but that's okay because at least they feel something. To demonstrate, I've included a picture from a movie about a man who is destroyed by his obsession.

All of those, with the possible exception of 1 and 10 are symptoms of untreated adult ADHD :ssh:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta...?

I'd forgotten about that one since I haven't heard it in a while, primarily because I haven't been forced into inescapable close quarters with outspoken racists and their "wit" since high school.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Snoop Radley posted:

To some people "homeopathic" just means "alternative medicine".

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Guy I know is an ultra-libertarian, and, it would seem, is branching out into men's rights nonsense. He posted this pic on Facebook:

The first several responses took him to task for posting something that idiotic, but his MRA buddies soon came to the rescue:

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
http://imgur.com/OaDkvlw.jpg

1.) Wasn't aware that Biden and Obama are tyrants. I touched the poop and explained if they were indeed tyrants, posting that picture would most likely result in him being placed in a prison camp/executed/etc. You know, like how actual tyrants run a country.

2.) "This is the first joke we came up with." And it's a loving real knee slapper. "Dumb and Dumber" Pinnacle of comedy.

3.) "The sad thing is you would think we would have to doctor a photo to make them looks this bad." Yep, they look horrible. "Is it a photoshop? It must be, I mean they look so bad!" says some redneck with four teeth and 36 years of beer/burger belly still growing on him.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I like that photo because they look like two buddies who are just psyched to run a country.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Regalingualius posted:

So, a guy I kinda got on with back in high school linked this on his feed: The 100 Things Every 20-Something Needs to Realize.
6. Getting high gets old.
7. Getting drunk doesn’t. But don’t tell that to your liver.
"You shouldn't do drugs. Except for the kind that I personally like. You should do that forever."

"73. Being smarter does make you the better person." --A Guy Who Thinks He's Smarter Than You

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

That sure does look like two people smiling into a camera.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I like the "keep the jokes moderately appropriate *smiley face*" they put in there. I'm guessing that means "don't say "friend of the family" because we'll look bad, but "terrorist" or "secret Muslim" is fine."

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

budgieinspector posted:

Guy I know is an ultra-libertarian, and, it would seem, is branching out into men's rights nonsense. He posted this pic on Facebook:

The first several responses took him to task for posting something that idiotic, but his MRA buddies soon came to the rescue:

A truly just system would freely provide any parent with the means to raise their child, and not coerce anyone to fill a role they aren't willing and ready to fill.

TinFoilJoy
Oct 15, 2012

"Mark Key" prides herself on being a "Mama Bear", which apparently is a synonym for psychopath.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I don't know why everyone calls him a momma's boy. He's just my little baby and I carefully monitor all of his interactions and will literally murder you if I dislike you for any insane reason.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

hallo spacedog posted:

About as well as only being willing to publicly admit private things privately.

What a tool this guy is. I hate fake bi men that crap up nerd sites just because all the girls they know are into bishounen. They're the male version of dorm-only lesbians.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Sunshine89 posted:

All of those, with the possible exception of 1 and 10 are symptoms of untreated adult ADHD :ssh:

Yup. And can be symptoms of mania. In fact, there are a lot of bipolar people who are afraid to go on mood stabilizers because they are afraid that once they do, they will no longer have the drive that manic cycles can give them. What's really awesome is when you have both :haw:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

You remember those insane girls who have an obsessive fixation on Dhzokar/Jahar/Whatever?

One year later, they're still at it.

Looking through that link I found this

hahaha

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Bored posted:

Yup. And can be symptoms of mania. In fact, there are a lot of bipolar people who are afraid to go on mood stabilizers because they are afraid that once they do, they will no longer have the drive that manic cycles can give them. What's really awesome is when you have both :haw:

Okkkaaayyyy I should schedule a doctors visit soon I guess.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

West Ham Sandwich posted:

Okkkaaayyyy I should schedule a doctors visit soon I guess.

I'm not saying everyone who is driven is also mentally ill. Just that lists very similar to that are shown for symptoms of hypermania.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Low hanging fruit checking in

:smith: Why are my friends still friends with these people.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
A friend of mine posted a technical complaint about some Korean MMO (Elsword?) to the game's page, and I guess some weirdo took it as an insult against his waifu.

It's getting somewhat out of hand.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

TrekBek posted:

A friend of mine posted a technical complaint about some Korean MMO (Elsword?) to the game's page, and I guess some weirdo took it as an insult against his waifu.

It is just like the STFU song.

Telemarchitect
Oct 1, 2009

TOUCH THE KNOB
This was posted on my feed

It manages to say absolutely nothing, but enough still to be Men's Humor

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TrekBek posted:

I rather like XKCD's views on the 'freedom of speech' defense, in that it's the worst possible 'defense'. The best thing they can say about their argument is that it isn't illegal to express.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Funny how all these deep important lessons are just shallow platitudes you'd be told by an after-school special aimed at first-graders.

e:

Captain Pissweak posted:

Wasn't the vast majority of the population in Harry Potter boring losers without wizard powers and entirely ignorant to their existence?

Hell, even among the Hogwarts students most had no real distinguishing qualities and were just a blob of "Hates Harry every couple of books". At least Doctor Who says "everyone is important" once or twice even if it never really shows it; I don't remember Harry Potter even pretending to have that moral.

Lottery of Babylon has a new favorite as of 09:18 on Apr 19, 2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Wasn't the vast majority of the population in Harry Potter boring losers without wizard powers and entirely ignorant to their existence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Captain Pissweak posted:

Muggles aren't people, duh.

• Locked thread