Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dominic White posted:

For Europe, it's very nearly double. About $27-29 depending which region in particular.

Checking European sites, it appears to be 20 Euro (for the PS4 version, at least) vs 15 Euro for Evo. So, again, no where near a price doubling. UK it's £16 vs £10, which is a bit of a steep increase but still some way from a doubling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
I need to learn how to lean better. I am constantly over-correcting.

This guy
Jul 29, 2007
YES
Having a lot of fun with it so far. Added all the PS4 dudes in the thread, my PSN is BootyclapQueen if anyone wants more leaderboard friends.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Utnayan posted:

I need to learn how to lean better. I am constantly over-correcting.
Just keep at it. I was the same way when I was learning to play Evo. After enough practice it'll all sort of click and next thing you know you're just wrecking tracks.

God drat, can it be the 24th tomorrow?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Does anyone know if progress in the PC beta will carry over into the full game? The Beta seems to have all the content, with most of it locked at the moment. On the other hand, the Beta is a separate executable on Steam.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I'm still on the old 360 version - logging in as pvax. Would be cool to have extra people to compete against.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
For anyone having trouble on the Big Air skill challenge, I uploaded a video of myself getting 117 meters on it, with instructions on what to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGVuwBufRVY

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Just keep at it. I was the same way when I was learning to play Evo. After enough practice it'll all sort of click and next thing you know you're just wrecking tracks.

God drat, can it be the 24th tomorrow?

Yeah I think I am getting the hang of it now a bit more.

And thanks for that YouTube. I was wondering how the heck to do that.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Slate Action posted:

Does anyone know if progress in the PC beta will carry over into the full game? The Beta seems to have all the content, with most of it locked at the moment. On the other hand, the Beta is a separate executable on Steam.

I am pretty sure that progress and leaderboards for the PC beta are going to get wiped, come the full game's release. You should check out the beta forum, I think there is a thread there about the matter.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
I know that Trials HD carried over from the demo. Also Hard tracks are kicking my rear end. How the hell PirateNipple is only getting 2 faults I will never know.

Whats the fault limit now? Still 250? Think that's what it was for Evolution as well as something ridiculous like 3 hours time limit.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Bigsteve posted:

I know that Trials HD carried over from the demo. Also Hard tracks are kicking my rear end. How the hell PirateNipple is only getting 2 faults I will never know.

Whats the fault limit now? Still 250? Think that's what it was for Evolution as well as something ridiculous like 3 hours time limit.

The fault limit is 500 in HD and Evo, and the time-out threshold 30 minutes, as I recall. I'm assuming it is the same in Fusion, as I've not heard otherwise.

Edit: As much as I enjoy the game, it does grind my gears some that online multiplayer wasn't in at launch. Trials MP and Hardcore Trials MP was great in Evo, and was one of the things I was looking forward to in Fusion. Will be arriving at some unspecified point in the future? That dog won't hunt, monsignor. :colbert:

magimix fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Apr 17, 2014

Spoons
May 20, 2001
Haven't played a Trials game since HD, and man, am I having a blast. I have gold on almost everything up to extreme, and I still can't beat most of those last tracks yet. PS4 goons can add me, my id is bifebife.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Added everyone on PS4 up to this point, feel free to add me: Katkilad

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

magimix posted:

Edit: As much as I enjoy the game, it does grind my gears some that online multiplayer wasn't in at launch. Trials MP and Hardcore Trials MP was great in Evo, and was one of the things I was looking forward to in Fusion. Will be arriving at some unspecified point in the future? That dog won't hunt, monsignor. :colbert:

I was upset too. Multiplayer was the main reason I wanted to purchase Trials. I found an article saying they are putting MP in for free a few months down the road. Probably right around the time we are all sick of the game.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Also on PS4 as BrownThunder85.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

pvax posted:

I'm still on the old 360 version - logging in as pvax. Would be cool to have extra people to compete against.

Request sent. If any other 360 goons want a middling friend on their list so their times look better, send a request my way, Spaz Rx.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I made top 10 on Sunrise Dash, #9 specifically :woop:. It's one of the ATV courses, #1 is a full second faster... I could probably come close to tying it if I tried.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
Sent you a request Akimbo. Played a little bit earlier and was having a absolute blast with all the hidden stuff that they put in and some of the challenges. The FX trick stuff is going to be the death of me though.

GT is Brothusela on XBOX 360 to whomever wants to add me

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Only one person on my friends list is playing this so add Happy_Hedonist if you want to make yourself feel better. This is the first Trials game I've played.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
xbox 360: adhuin . Looking forward for the competition.*

octan3
Jul 10, 2004
DoNt dO DrUgs
PC: Colourpulse

Do we have a list of all PC players in this thread?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I'll compile a list of all the names and put them in the OP sometime this weekend.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

A note for the PS4 users, you should use the PS4 goons list. There's also a batch app for adding friends.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!
PC player here, feel free to add me, will comb through the thread at some point.

Uplay name: Manac0r

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thoughts so far:

1) The game is a lot of fun! Definitely worth buying if you were a fan of the previous games

2) The whole FMX aspect of the game is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

3) The expert tracks will make you want to kill yourself. (Then make you scream with joy when you finally beat them)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone on Xbone add me: Agoat944

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Seriously why is there no online multiplayer in this? I had so much fun in Evolution just downloading a dozen of the best/worst user tracks and going into them blind with goons. I don't know if anyone remembers JULES SUCKS BALLS, but that was the finest Trails moment I've experienced.

I'll probably be waiting for the PC version.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

wa27 posted:

Seriously why is there no online multiplayer in this? I had so much fun in Evolution just downloading a dozen of the best/worst user tracks and going into them blind with goons. I don't know if anyone remembers JULES SUCKS BALLS, but that was the finest Trails moment I've experienced.
Hahaha I had completely forgotten about that, that was absolutely hilarious

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

wa27 posted:

I'll probably be waiting for the PC version.

Apparently it is coming, but it might be a while.

Also, has there been any word on when they'll be uploading the editor tutorial videos to the RedLynxTV YouTube channel they promote in-game?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Huh. I guess it was the same reason Bungie took out four player replay watching (one of my favorite features) between Halo 3 and Reach: the connections were laggy, it froze up a lot, and it was only used by a handful of players out of the whole playerbase. It sucks; I'll also miss digging through terrible supercross tracks with buddies online, but I can understand why it wasn't a priority on their end.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

My PC is old. How does the closed beta compare to Trials Evo in terms of performance? A couple of tracks in the last game were borderline unplayable for me.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Is anyone with the PS4 version able to connect to uplay at the moment? I'm getting told constantly it cannot connect to Ubisoft servers.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Maximum Planck posted:

My PC is old. How does the closed beta compare to Trials Evo in terms of performance? A couple of tracks in the last game were borderline unplayable for me.

It'll be rough, let me tell you. The latest beta patches really helped in my case, but I've got i5 2500K with ATI 6950 and playing on medium details. So if you're looking at playing on an older rig then I'd expect trouble. Maybe wait for a demo? It should appear on Uplay after the game's out, Evo Gold got one.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum

Maximum Planck posted:

This game is definitely more demanding, and the beta runs terrible on windows 8.1 Quad core 680m laptop, I m talking sub 30 FPS regardless of settings. Wait till full release and I will try it out on several rigs, and see if full release is more optimized.

It is more demanding regardless...

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Man, Inferno IV is grinding me to dust at the moment :argh:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
If anyone wants to Trials it up, my PSN is HalseySpartan2

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
I got to within sight of the finish line, and then accidentally hit 'restart track'. I'd be raging but, well, I'm not convinced I'd have finished the track before hitting either the fault limit, or time limit. Still, so close...

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I tried to buy the Season Pass because I'm a sadist that likes pain, but I was told it wasn't available at this time :( How can I play on user created tracks?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

HonorableTB posted:

I tried to buy the Season Pass because I'm a sadist that likes pain, but I was told it wasn't available at this time :( How can I play on user created tracks?

I'm quite sure you don't need the season pass to play user-created tracks, but you *do* need to be online and connected to Ubisoft's servers. Assuming you are, go into 'RIDE', and then 'TRACK CENTRAL' (just to the right of 'CAREER').

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum

HonorableTB posted:

I too purchased the season pass, but I blame pre digested grapes for my dilemma..

E: drat you yeast !!!

• Locked thread