Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

HenryEx posted:

Don't worry, mystery man there is gonna make sure she can unfold her full potential, because apparently by killing someone, she passed Zerozaki Soushiki's Humanity Test. No, i'm not sure how it works, either.

Bad translation aside, why do you people bother linking things that are so few chapters in :negative:

I want to read more about the physco :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Centaur's Worries
Chapter 49: Angel Hitler. :allears:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 4, 2014

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Centaur's Worries is all over the places. You end up with stories about:

1) Normal slice of life stuff about a world with different races
2) Racial discrimination and the history of different races
3) Cute chapters about kindergarten girls
4) Strange tales about alien appearances
5) Shoujo-ai chapters

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

jackofarcades posted:

Centaur's Worries is all over the places. You end up with stories about :

1) Normal slice of life stuff about a world with different races
2) Racial discrimination and the history of different races
3) Cute chapters about kindergarten girls
4) Strange tales about alien appearances
5) Shoujo-ai chapters

6: Redneck angel men going :freep: over centaur Barack Obama

E:when jackofarcades says history of different races he means actual world history through the lens of the manga. Its really entertaining.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 18, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of series which use monster or half-monster races and deal with racial discrimination, I remember enjoying what there was of one called I think Megalomania some time ago. It was more on the shounen than slice of life side and had a neat art style and the characters were interesting. Unfortunately I think whatever group was translating it stopped a while back and nobody has picked it up since as far as I know, so there aren't many chapters. I'd post a page, but I can't at the moment.

I generally like human/monster society stories as long as they don't get too terribly dark and depressing or skeezy, so does anyone have any other recommendations beyond the centaur one?

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

chumbler posted:

I generally like human/monster society stories as long as they don't get too terribly dark and depressing or skeezy, so does anyone have any other recommendations beyond the centaur one?

I want to point out the first chapter of Centaur's Worries is incredibly skeezy. And while it gets a lot better after that there are still chapters here and there that can get pretty uncomfortable.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Someone posted about Sakamoto Desu Ga? a few pages back and I just started reading it.

It owns so much.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Joshlemagne posted:

I want to point out the first chapter of Centaur's Worries is incredibly skeezy. And while it gets a lot better after that there are still chapters here and there that can get pretty uncomfortable.

There is one piece of dialogue in a later chapter that made me just go :wtf:. I still can't decide if it was a mistranslation or if they really put that in there, but it was really out of left field. I wouldn't call the first chapter skeezy though, it seems to just depict teenage girls thinking and talking about sex, instead of putting its fingers in its ears and ignoring it the way a lot of genres of manga like to do.

That said, there isn't enough :unsmith: for the plot with the class prez and her three little sisters.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Che Delilas posted:

There is one piece of dialogue in a later chapter that made me just go :wtf:. I still can't decide if it was a mistranslation or if they really put that in there, but it was really out of left field. I wouldn't call the first chapter skeezy though, it seems to just depict teenage girls thinking and talking about sex, instead of putting its fingers in its ears and ignoring it the way a lot of genres of manga like to do.

That said, there isn't enough :unsmith: for the plot with the class prez and her three little sisters.

Yeah, I read that chapter today and I did a double take. Do you like, lick each other's pussies? It makes sense in context, but it's a bit jarring since the girls do talk about sex but it's not some ecchi romcom.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

jackofarcades posted:

Yeah, I read that chapter today and I did a double take. Do you like, lick each other's pussies? It makes sense in context, but it's a bit jarring since the girls do talk about sex but it's not some ecchi romcom.

It does? I must have been in the middle of a bout of insomnia or just completely gobsmacked because I could have sworn I tried to find the context and couldn't. If it really does make sense, would you mind reminding me what chapter it's in, because I'd love to figure out wtf.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oresama Teacher is really dumb but in a good way. It starts out pretty slow but about 1/3 or halfway through it picks up and just keeps going and going. My only complaint is that every guy looks the same. It's also really drat funny out of nowhere and the protagonists are total muscleheaded idiots.

:allears:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Che Delilas posted:

It does? I must have been in the middle of a bout of insomnia or just completely gobsmacked because I could have sworn I tried to find the context and couldn't. If it really does make sense, would you mind reminding me what chapter it's in, because I'd love to figure out wtf.

Don't remember the chapter, but she was asking two girls who were dating.

Fake Edit: found it http://www.batoto.net/read/_/168237/centaurs-worries_ch31_by_futari-wa-pretty-anon

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Brainamp posted:

Don't remember the chapter, but she was asking two girls who were dating.

Fake Edit: found it http://www.batoto.net/read/_/168237/centaurs-worries_ch31_by_futari-wa-pretty-anon

Ah okay, I guess I just wasn't paying attention or those girls hadn't been seen in a while. Thanks.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
One Outs

It's about a gambler, Toua Tokichi who gets dragged into professional baseball by a pro he meets and starts to psychologically crush his opposition one by one. Both the manga and the anime are finished with the anime covering half the manga pretty faithfully.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CVE posted:

One Outs

It's about a gambler, Toua Tokichi who gets dragged into professional baseball by a pro he meets and starts to psychologically crush his opposition one by one. Both the manga and the anime are finished with the anime covering half the manga pretty faithfully.

Just finished this last month. The main character is a complete Mary Sue but it's not at all a detriment to the story / enjoying it because he's such a devious bastard.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Been re-reading this, but if you aren't reading Saint Young Men yet, what have you been doing with your life!?

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

Che Delilas posted:

There's also a general view in eastern and western culture that it's totally normal and okay to ask gay people what they do to each other.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

That character is also at romantically interested in a girl (angel class president).

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Yeah reading the whole chapter it makes complete sense; I think I have to blame insomnia for me just not paying attention or something.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gobbledygoat posted:

There's also a general view in eastern and western culture that it's totally normal and okay to ask gay people what they do to each other.

Sheesh, they just need to google it:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
What's that one from? Is it an edit?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Girl Friends.

You might not be surprised to hear it's occasionally NSFW. So, uh, don't read it at work. Do your job instead. (It's also not an edit.)

e: Link removed because it's been licensed.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 20, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah it's Girl Friends, a cute and super-fluffy love story about a girl who realizes she's gay and is falling in love with her best friend.

Girl Friends

Cake Attack posted:

You might not be surprised to hear it's occasionally NSFW. So, uh, don't read it at work. Do your job instead. (It's also not an edit.)
Really, really occasionally, but do keep that in mind if you decide to check it out.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 20, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Centaur's Worries
Chapter 49: Angel Hitler. :allears:

There is something special about a manga that has a rather serious chapter about the holocaust and the chapter immediately after it is about a dungeons and dragons campaign full of in jokes.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I started Uwagaki and Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun thanks to the last pages of this thread so congrats to the people who posted them!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Autonomous Monster posted:

Reiche posted:

I'm a huge sucker for manga with great crazy-faces and Shut Hell is about as reliable as it gets! I can't wait for new chapters.
Ha. Ha. Ha.

It got re-picked-up just long enough for me to get excited and then it dropped off the face of the earth again. We will never have new chapters. :qq:
I'm pretty sure i made a big post on it years ago when it was still regularly translated and was always a big fan. The uneven line art really supports the "something is off" feeling i love about this. Someone also complained that the eyes look like poo poo, and i couldn't disagree more - they're all very different and sometimes over the top, and the wavy lines add some great hosed-up character to them.
I was so excited, too, when i saw someone else had picked it up. And then it kinda stopped again. :sigh:

Or so i thought, until i just checked my feed and found a new chapter! Yeeeeeessss, it returned! There is still hope! The scans have not forsaken us!

The crazy is still strong in this one.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
A Web-Manhwa called God of Bath exists. The name alone was enough to get me to read it. Pretty funny, enen if it is inferior to Thermae Romae in every way.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nyan Koi! might possibly be getting some updates again after a painfully long hiatus. It's a great romcom plus cats being pricks. It had an anime a few years back that was pretty decent too, as I recall.

Pictured: The best character and greatest bro in the history of bro-dom.

Edit: The anime's dub is also...certainly something.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 24, 2014

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Ubel Blatt Ongoing
A tale of a boy's revenge against the 7 hero's, initally it felt like a shounen but then dispels you of it right away with the blood (and sex) marking it firmly a seinen manga.
EDIT: Let me rephrase it probably is just a bloody shounen manga.

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 25, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Ubel Blatt is like what a high schooler (who is firmly convinced he's now an ~*adult*~) thinks a grim and mature manga for grim and mature individuals such as himself should be. It started off alright but then just sorta devolved into a parody of itself and manga like it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Also, the reason Koinzell looks like a young boy is because that is obviously the author's fetish which is present in all of his works.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's not just boys. Ubel Blatt has the creepiest fanservice of any manga I know.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think it's just author service, honestly.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I'm glad that we haven't seen more sex scenes involving the protagonist lately.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Bastard: Heavy Metal & Dark Fantasy.

Started in the late 80's as a Dungeon & Dragons type of manga with the protagonist being a horny, arrogant Bastard who has to save the kingdom from his friends with whom he once almost conquered the world with. The manga is peppered with references to heavy metal bands, from spells being named Halloween or Exodus to characters named Yngwie and Ross Za Boss. The manga started in Shonen Jump before being put into another magazine because of the main character's sexual harassment of female characters and a whole bunch of references to sex. The manga is still ongoing and moved away from medieval fantasy into Biblical rear end kicking.

If you want a atypical manga hero, a whole bunch of metal references, pretty awesome fights and lots of nudity both male and female(Mostly female), check it out. Also, the later chapters are pure eye candy as the authors art evolved to the point where the art is of superb quality.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Anno 1274. It's about a team of Japanese men who take on the Mongolian invasion and it's crazy as hell.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Tetsuo Hara's Rutger Hauer Future Stories

(Cyber Blue)

The only way this could be more 80's is if The Final Countdown was playing in the background.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

GorfZaplen posted:

Anno 1274. It's about a team of Japanese men who take on the Mongolian invasion and it's crazy as hell.

Is this by Ken Ishikawa?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Daler Mehndi posted:

Is this by Ken Ishikawa?

Yes, yes it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

GorfZaplen posted:

Isn't that the invasion that was defeated not by troops, but by a stiff wind?

• Locked thread