Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

MOOBS! posted:

Went to the LA Ren-Faire today. Saw some local wildlife. Thank god he was friendly with all the kids...

Oh hey I was there too, saw that thing leaving as the faire was closing. It looked so sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I think it is awkward as gently caress when people use their screen names. Like if I made a youtube video and went "Hey, whats up guys Bro Nerd Alpha here to bring you..."

poo poo makes me cringe every time.

Ugh, my brother and his friends call each other by their online names in real life and I cringe every time.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

I remember watching this 2 girls 1 cup reaction video by that girl with moebius syndrome and the shocking part to me was the fact that she DOWNLOADED 2 girls 1 cup not once, but twice instead of just streaming it from whatever site it was hosted on. Also it's amazing how well she's able to speak without moving her lips at all. No idea how she manages to make 'B' sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lDlSjXIvDA

DaftWally
Dec 31, 2006

Why hast thou forsaken me?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/FUe0psC.jpg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Russia, I'm guessing?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Russia, I'm guessing?

not enough wall rugs

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

sforzacio posted:

Oh hey I was there too, saw that thing leaving as the faire was closing. It looked so sad.

Whoa yea, it left the Broon show and started to leave. You get the impression these fursuit people think they are going to get a ton of attention. It had a bubble around it where even faire-folk wouldn't go.

The best part was my little sister, who has never been to an event were people cosplay, instantly knew how weird Wolfie was and snapped shots for Facebook AUG. :angel:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Robert Z'Dar, what are you doing?

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

I see Jay Leno has transitioned well.

Telemarchitect
Oct 1, 2009

TOUCH THE KNOB

CGI in Avatar 2 coming along nicely I see

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

quote:

From reading the comments, the ones who hate others by their differences and interests are the real immature ones here. They consider themselves to be more ''mature'' than the Bronies, yet they demonstrated actions that tells us otherwise. If they are as mature as they claim to be, then they should know better and not have expressed these hateful remarks towards other individuals who have done nothing against them.

I remember when geeks, comics-fans, otakus, and the gamer fandom faced criticism from those who spouted the same kinds of insults as the ones in this comment section. Whether it is geeks or gamers, they've called us nerds who have no lives and fat neckbeards who sit in their basements all day because THEY considered cartoons, comics, and video games to be for children.

In my eyes, you are never too old for cartoons. You are never too old for comics and games either. Adults are kids grown up anyway, and by expresssing hatred to others due to their differences, whether it's outside (appearances like race) or inside (different beliefs and ideology) is what history has shown us to be the true evil here. Hatred towards others by their preferences is exactly what's wrong with this world.

Using age as a boundary to not allow adults to watch cartoons? Who are you to decide what they shouldn't watch? Using gender to not allow males to watch this show? Great way to be a sexist.

Bronies come in all walks of life. Teachers who teaches and guides others in life, doctors who heal and save others, military servicemen who lay down their lives, they all contribute to the dream of a brighter future. The way I see it, the people who hate on them are all bark, no bite and seems to be the ones who are more likely to be sitting down behind their computer screens.

People here are treating them as a cancer to the society, but I know Bronies who try to change this world into a better place. A world where we would learn to embrace diversity and accept other people despite their differences. It doesn't matter what they look like or what they like. I do not judge people by their appearances, but by the contents of their hearts.With this belief, I know that the Bronies are ten times the man they are than the rest of these ignorant, hate-mongering, low lives.

From a Facebook post from Kotaku on My Little Pony and a Bioshock easter egg they had in a show.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Gees, this is just unfortunate

Captain Candyblood
Aug 19, 2013

*The worse insults for the likpas and phallos as well.
Today at our Easter family gathering, my weird second cousin took me aside and showed me a picture of the badger fursuit he plans on buying. :(

no_shit_columbo
Jul 26, 2013

Captain Candyblood posted:

Today at our Easter family gathering, my weird second cousin took me aside and showed me a picture of the badger fursuit he plans on buying. :(

:( Are you OK?

Lady of the cake.

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.

She looks like a Tower of Hanoi.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Call centers maybe. As long as he's able to speak vaguely clearly and has a pulse is qualifications enough.
Actually, how the gently caress do you even speak with those big-rear end holes in your cheek? Controlling where and when the air comes out of your face is kind of an essential part of making coherent voice sounds, right?

Axeman Jim posted:

She looks like a Tower of Hanoi.
Tower of Hamoi.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Mr. Mallory posted:

Gees, this is just unfortunate

My, what a pretty lady.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
It's like the opposite of a fivehead. A fivechin.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Skipopatomus posted:

I remember watching this 2 girls 1 cup reaction video by that girl with moebius syndrome and the shocking part to me was the fact that she DOWNLOADED 2 girls 1 cup not once, but twice instead of just streaming it from whatever site it was hosted on. Also it's amazing how well she's able to speak without moving her lips at all. No idea how she manages to make 'B' sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lDlSjXIvDA

It's so weird to watch her videos because her mouth hardly moves but she's talking steadily so it's like bad lip synching or an audible inner monologue.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Kheldragar posted:

My, what a pretty lady.

For serious, the original picture is a Photoshop right?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Cosima posted:

Pretty clearly

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

quote:

A flex-shaft dremmel to the skull creates quite a loud noise.

Who'da thunk it!

Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug

Cosima posted:

To answer your question,

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Nevermind, she's real and I found her Twitter account and it's sad :(

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

AlmightyBob posted:

Yeah, it's an abnormal bone growth birth defect and it's really hosed up. I think an x-ray of the area showed up last time one of those pictures was posted. It's really sad.

e: dermoid cyst actually

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

She looks happy and well adjusted all things considered.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Edit: oh ffs, wrong thread

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:20 on Apr 21, 2014

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

rodbeard posted:

She looks happy and well adjusted all things considered.

Yeah, she doesn't belong here. She's probably more grounded than most others posted.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Some of you guys probably know about the legendary rugby team, the All Blacks, and their intimidating war dance before the matches, a Maori Haka. It's a sight to behold, huge Maori dudes being menacing and stuff.

For the uninitiated, this is the All Blacks haka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYdny-1dUHQ&t=30s

The funny thing is, apparently doing the Haka was a tradition before rugby in NZ was even played by the then sort of segregated maoris. This is what it was like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJyEa4z2Ec

nerdz has a new favorite as of 07:02 on Apr 21, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ka Mate is not a war dance, it's a poem about escaping death and hiding in food pit that was performed in gratitude. :colbert:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MisterBibs posted:

Does a game platform count? I just realized that Origin never asked me where I wanted to install games for it, and I just realize it's been dumping them on the wrong hard drive. And unless I'm missing a "delete local content" option, it's going to be a case of manually (and slowly!) uninstalling everything and reinstalling it.

Weird technical gripes in the point and laugh forum are truly awkward!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

Weird technical gripes in the point and laugh forum are truly awkward!

True that. Double awkward for me, in that this is the second time today that I posted something and didn't make sure that I had done it right. :(

For actual content, yesterday I saw an AUG family at my local theater. The highly overweight mom and dad (looking around 40ish) had long, stringy, unwashed-looking hair going down to their lower-backs. Their mid-20s looking kid looked carparitively normal, until deciding that he had to dance, in his chair, to the pre-movie music they pipe in... even when the server was trying to take his order.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Ka Mate is not a war dance, it's a poem about escaping death and hiding in food pit that was performed in gratitude. :colbert:
Are you seriously asking whitey to give a poo poo what "that boonga poo poo" actually means?

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Mr. Mallory posted:

Ugh, my brother and his friends call each other by their online names in real life and I cringe every time.

I went through a phase of a year or so trying to get my friends to call me "T-Bone" in real life. I'd even introduce myself as T-Bone to new people. It's me, I'm, the Awkward.
My real name doesn't even begin with 'T'

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

:nws: http://news.bme.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/pubring/people/A10101/trepan/index.html :nws: Due to blood/hole in head.

I haven't browsed BMEZine in years, probably 10... the last thing I remember reading about it was the founder (who lived in Toronto I believe) dying from something or other, pretty young too.

So there you have it, just when you think slicing big chunks out of your cheeks to install hollowed plugs is dangerous/stupid, someone has actually had a Trepanation done for 'fun'

Edit: Yep, he did live in Toronto, I remember my gf at the time attended a few of the suspension shows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Larratt

I wonder what he would think of the lengths some people have taken the ideals of body modification, he was quite heavily modified but nothing as dangerous or retarded as the above examples

quote:

Did the friend who performed this procedure have any medical background?

No. They had cut and pierced themselves and others and had experience with implants and things along those lines.

Gee, wonder why a medical doctor wouldn't do it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A clear case of Backpfeifengesicht if there ever was one.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Backpfeifengeshirt

Forti
May 5, 2009

David Mitchell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tea Bone posted:

I went through a phase of a year or so trying to get my friends to call me "T-Bone" in real life. I'd even introduce myself as T-Bone to new people. It's me, I'm, the Awkward.
My real name doesn't even begin with 'T'

?

• Locked thread