Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Tetracube posted:

They've optimized the team and rely entirely on democracy to do anything dangerous. The hivemind right now is set to beat this game with virtually everything going according to plan, and anything that does go wrong is usually fixed with democracy almost immediately.

Tpp is in this unfortunate situation where it gained popularity due to being an enormous trainwreck, then attracted people who play 6+ hours a day and have invested so much time in the stream that they are terrified of anything bad happening. Fire Red is a bit disappointing.

Part of the problem is that the streamer has had democracy off by default and then turned it on every hour when there's an obstacle that can't be done in anarchy, and then just left it on for the rest of the game. I'm sure people are more willing to vote for it when it's "only" available once an hour since there's the "can't wait another hour" mentality instead of the "let's see if we can do without" mentality when it's always available.

Things would probably be much more entertaining if he'd turned it back off after the Rocket base, and then back on for VR, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Kild posted:

Mew is in UU tier in Gen 6.

Turns out being the jack of all trades of pokemon isn't that great. Also while has what amount to alright stats and has coverage everyone can only dream of, turns out his ability blows for his used and he's so easily walled its laughable.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zore posted:

Yup. It'll have a 90% chance of learning any psychic TM and 50% chance if its another element, same as every other pokemon.

That coupled with its overall lackluster stats means Mew probably won't be a breakout star.

Though on the plus side, HM compatibility wasn't randomized so he's a perfect HM slave if we need it.

Looks like HM compatibility was randomized! Mew cannot learn Strength.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Mew's best thing is that it's a cute kitty. :3:

e: that lives on a rainbow cloud in space

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Dome turned out to be ariados, amber is a charizard. I think some pc shenanigans are about to happen.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Dragonwagon posted:

Dome turned out to be ariados, amber is a charizard. I think some pc shenanigans are about to happen.

Abby finally came back to us!

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
Wait, we just evolved Wartortle into Blastoise, and we now have a Charizard. Anyone know where we can find a Bulbasaur and/or its evolutions?

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Why does chat want "kirlia" and why is it funny to request it?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wow I guess it's much easier to randomly stumble onto a good team when things like rarity are taken out of the equation

Singh Long posted:

Wait, we just evolved Wartortle into Blastoise, and we now have a Charizard. Anyone know where we can find a Bulbasaur and/or its evolutions?
Venusaur sucks :getin:

It looks like they're stumbling onto better grass-types in the mansion though

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

RustyTrombone posted:

Why does chat want "kirlia" and why is it funny to request it?

It's the second evolution in the Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir evolution tree, either there's one stuck in the PC that chat wants to use or it's a reference to when we had one in the early game but got rid of it.

Hazo posted:

Venusaur sucks :getin:

gently caress you

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What ability does Charizard have?

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Vigoroth evolved into non-truant Slaking. The chat is freaking out about the monster they created.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Hyedum posted:

Vigoroth evolved into non-truant Slaking.

Yes. Yes. :kheldragar:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

We went from a team of slackers to a team of insomniacs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

My favorite is masquerain. Mirror Move, Hyper Beam, Leech Life and Fly? That's amazing.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
This Golem appears to only know Wish and chat can't seem to manage switching out Sandslash. This could take a while.

Edit: Just used Rock Blast only after Sandslash went from 10 to 3 HP. That's some quality AI.

Jigsaw fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 23, 2014

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
Based on how much damage Return is doing, I'm pretty sure all our Pokemon hate us.

e:Maybe never mind? It's working pretty effectively now.

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 23, 2014

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Mew just learned Rollout from a move tutor. The second coming of M4!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Hyedum posted:

Vigoroth evolved into non-truant Slaking. The chat is freaking out about the monster they created.

Has twitch gone too far?

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
They got to the Moltres legendary encounter and it turned out to be Latios with Perish Song. Luckily they were able to kill it with Blastoise before the last count and got experience

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
They had brought Ultra Balls but wasted them all on the way to not-Moltres, of course. Also, that Latios didn't seem to have any attacks besides Perish Song, which was pretty funny.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Hyedum posted:

Checked the google doc. :lol: It's still got a pretty useless ability, but nowhere near truant.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Moltres? So we're already at Victory Road?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Moltres? So we're already at Victory Road?

IIRC Moltres got moved to one of the Sevii islands in the FR/LG remake, and you're forced to go there in order to enter the Cinnibar gym.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
It did, but I'm pretty sure the area it's in isn't accessible until later. Could be wrong though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Pastrymancy posted:

Checked the google doc. :lol: It's still got a pretty useless ability, but nowhere near truant.
It honestly doesn't even matter what the ability is. I mean, we'd all have liked it to get Huge Power or Speed Boost, but the important thing is that Truant is gone.

And getting Minus of all things is pretty funny.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

IncendiaC posted:

IIRC Moltres got moved to one of the Sevii islands in the FR/LG remake, and you're forced to go there in order to enter the Cinnibar gym.

I remember going to the Sevii Islands after the gym, not before.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nihilarian posted:

It honestly doesn't even matter what the ability is. I mean, we'd all have liked it to get Huge Power or Speed Boost, but the important thing is that Truant is gone.

And getting Minus of all things is pretty funny.

Something completely useless is still better than an impediment. Slaking without Truant could piledrive most Legendaries without breaking a sweat.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Ablative posted:

I remember going to the Sevii Islands after the gym, not before.

I just played through this part on my copy of LeafGreen, and Bill forces you to come with him to the first 3 islands the moment you exit the Cinnabar Gym. Mt. Ember (where Moltres is) is completely optional, though.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Geostomp posted:

Something completely useless is still better than an impediment. Slaking without Truant could piledrive most Legendaries without breaking a sweat.

Funny you should say that, slaking was just taken down by Green's aggron. It didn't even have a fighting move.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
Now that we have all eight gym badges, I'll start with a quick recap:

Brock: Bug
Misty: Poison
Lt. Surge: Ground
Erika: Ice
Sabrina: Normal
Koga: Flying
Blaine: Rock
Giovanni: Fighting

Therefore, the Elite Four is likely to use teams based on four out the following: Ghost, Steel, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Dragon, and Dark.

Any thoughts?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Our eternal foe of Ghost type, again?

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
Supposedly, Platinum has been confirmed as the next TPP. Not sure how the stylus will be addressed if that's the case.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Type in coordinates in (x,y) format for the touchscreen?

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
So, we just tried to switch Blastoise out against Green's Kingdra, because it's quadruply resistant to water, only to discover that Kingdra has the Shadow Tag ability. Awesome.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Singh Long posted:

Supposedly, Platinum has been confirmed as the next TPP. Not sure how the stylus will be addressed if that's the case.

Is the stylus actually required for anything important? I don't remember using it for anything other than... mining?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Mymla posted:

Is the stylus actually required for anything important? I don't remember using it for anything other than... mining?

You're required to use it once in the tutorial at the beginning of the game. Otherwise it's pretty much completely optional.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I really wish they just taught Mew any of the HMs they have and overwrite Self destruct. Like c'mon, it can learn Surf! Freaking Surf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Mymla posted:

I guarantee Twitch will somehow get stuck in a touch-only menu at some point if there's no way to interact.

• Locked thread