Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ignem posted:

gently caress yes :3
God drat I love that movie.

I'd watch it but I have no octogenarians to go with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

beetroy posted:

yeah after the latest encounters, i really want unicorn as our totem it will be heaps funnier.

Yeah gently caress it, since I obviously can't get Fenris let's go Unicorn, darlings.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I like the bit where Unicorn pretty much won't help you at all.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Unicorn sucks, I'd take any of the others over unicorn. Cockroach is pretty handy with the lore spouting, but coyote is the best. Owl is cool too, but the bans are pretty annoying.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Unicorn's intangible benefits could potentially be good - healing, being trusted by spirits, those things are nice. But I don't really know how to quantify them in a cost/benefit analysis against the others. Probably the best thing about Unicorn is that it's ban forces you into adventures even more than Coyote would.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

Unicorn's intangible benefits could potentially be good - healing, being trusted by spirits, those things are nice. But I don't really know how to quantify them in a cost/benefit analysis against the others. Probably the best thing about Unicorn is that it's ban forces you into adventures even more than Coyote would.

tangible benefit is xylo has to keep going into unicorn mode.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

You make a compelling argument.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also are we all forgetting PBF?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Unicorn does look like a good choice. You're already furries so bronyism is more like a sidestep than step down.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Unicorn would make for a good straight man too. I loved how its best attempt at a "joke" so far was "would you rather be children of the Wyrm? haha, ooh I'm so clever!" :smug:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
If you're worried about adventures, I've got plenty already planned out, but before you even get into those, you guys have a dozen loose ends to tidy up (the prisoner, the gourd, the prisoner's company whose info Jarrod grabbed out of the glove box of their van, JP's company's involvement with them, your families/houses/personal lives/jobs).

I really think you guys ought to ask Blacktail or your totems their thoughts on the other totems. They're all there to answer questions for you.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'll donate $50 to charity if we choose coyote. :shrug:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Mills posted:

ahaha

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Please don't bribe your pack mates.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

You'll donate it anyway because you're a nice guy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

Like I said, it's still under construction, heh.

Haahaha, nice touch. Will Raj brave the terrors of the uncharted internet dimension only to end up on a crappy Geocities page?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Haahaha, nice touch. Will Raj brave the terrors of the uncharted internet dimension only to end up on a crappy Geocities page?

Yeah, if you ever go to the Internet, it will seriously be Geocities pages with anime background pictures tiled and spinning skull gifs.

Speaking of which, I've had to look up various things on the internet for this game, and if this tells you how old this system is, many of the pages I've been finding are Geocities and Angelfire pages that are over 15 years old. And yes, that's what they look like.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

XyloJW posted:

Yeah, if you ever go to the Internet, it will seriously be Geocities pages with anime background pictures tiled and spinning skull gifs.

Speaking of which, I've had to look up various things on the internet for this game, and if this tells you how old this system is, many of the pages I've been finding are Geocities and Angelfire pages that are over 15 years old. And yes, that's what they look like.

Not kidding.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Back in the day, my MST3K page hosted by my high school had only a tasteful plain grey background. :colbert:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I think you guys have been in every form except 1, but I'll go ahead and give you their details now, and I'll copy/paste it into the OP so you can find it if you're curious. I'm going to include the official names of the forms, because sometimes ancient spirits will refer to them like that, but I'll probably avoid using them otherwise.

Homid (Human form) - Difficulty N/A (you can always revert to this form automatically, and do so when asleep or knocked out)
Default form for you all. You cannot soak (shrug off) lethal or aggravated damage in this form, and you heal like a normal human.

Glabro (Wolfman/Caveman form) - Difficulty 7
You grow a foot taller, get a little hairy, grow small claws, and basically look like a caveman. You can still speak English but your voice is deeper/rougher, and your thoughts are a little simplified. You can still use a gun in this form.
You can soak lethal and aggravated damage, but you still heal like a human.

Strength +2
Stamina +2
Appearance -1

Crinos (Werewolf form) - Difficulty 6
The 9-foot tall monster form. Cannot speak English well, and your thoughts race with Rage. You cannot use a gun unless it has been specially modified for your gigantic hands.
You can soak lethal and aggravated damage, and you heal all except Aggravated every turn.

Strength +4
Dexterity +1
Stamina +3
Appearance 0

Delirium affects all regular humans who see you in this form

Hispo (Dire wolf form) - Difficulty 7
A wolf the size of a small car. Cannot speak English at all. You deal +1 bite damage. You are completely quadrupedal and do not have opposable thumbs.
You can soak lethal and aggravated damage, but you still heal like a human.

Strength +3
Dexterity +2
Stamina +3

Lupus (wolf form) - Difficulty 6
A regular wolf. Better sense of smell than human, but worse eyesight. You are fastest in this form.
You cannot soak lethal or aggravated damage and you heal like a human.

Strength +1
Dexterity +2
Stamina +2

Also here are the basic attacks (All rolls are Dex+Brawl) in case anyone is curious about their options.
Punch -- Difficulty 6. Damage = Strength (Bashing)
Kick -- Difficulty 7. Damage = Strength +1 (Bashing)
Tackle -- Difficulty 7. Damage = None
Claw -- Difficulty 6. Damage = Strength +1 (Aggravated)
Bite -- Difficulty 5*. Damage = Strength +1** (Aggravated)

*Rat Totem changes this to Difficulty 4.
**Hispo form changes this to Strength +2.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Up yours, Owl! See who's Mr. Wise Guy when the internet's got more than crappy Geocities pages! :argh:

I love all your NPC's, Xylo. Pretty much any of 'em would make things interesting in their own way.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I love all your NPC's, Xylo. Pretty much any of 'em would make things interesting in their own way.

beetroy posted:

tangible benefit is xylo has to keep going into unicorn mode.
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I usually get like, halfway through a post and realize I'm writing in the style of the wrong NPC. "Wait, cockroach wouldn't say 'One must seek' he'd say 'You gotta go find'". I'm homeruling like half the loving system, so I seriously considered it when you said "Why can't we all just keep our totems like now?" But I'll be glad when I don't have to keep a dozen personalities in my head for each post. I've got to save room for the crazy villains.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

I'm homeruling like half the loving system, so I seriously considered it when you said "Why can't we all just keep our totems like now?" But I'll be glad when I don't have to keep a dozen personalities in my head for each post. I've got to save room for the crazy villains.

Yeah, it's gotta be hard work - for the record, I don't really want to keep it this way! It's great playing around with all these NPC's now while we're learning the ropes, but it'd get a bit overwhelming to have all of them hanging around all the time into the future. I was just having Raj do a more backhanded way of asking who'd be a good pack totem.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Yeah that many personalities at once must be tricky. My dungeonworld campaigners kill NPCs way too quickly for me to have ever had this problem.

Ignem
Oct 30, 2011

Splode posted:

Yeah that many personalities at once must be tricky. My dungeonworld campaigners kill NPCs way too quickly for me to have ever had this problem.

Truth

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Xylo, would anything interesting have happened if one of players had chosen to be an ethnic aborigine, stuff like that? This is grim poo poo :staredog:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
After that massive grimdark unicorn speech you guys should go Coyote just to gently caress with him.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Captain Pissweak posted:

After that massive grimdark unicorn speech you guys should go Coyote just to gently caress with him.

Definitely.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Unicorn seems more likely to guarantee a steady supply of Alf reaction faces.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

NPC Shopkeeper: Hi there, what can I do for you, strangers?
Ignem: This guy seems suspicious
[5 minutes later]
*The entire town is on fire, we are running as fast as we can from the town guards*

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Shadeoses posted:

Xylo, would anything interesting have happened if one of players had chosen to be an ethnic aborigine, stuff like that? This is grim poo poo :staredog:

Things would be very, very different yeah. A large part of the Australian sourcebook for Werewolf is about the Aboriginal peoples.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Wendigo! I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good wolves or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is last night, eight stood against about 5. That's what's important! Owning fools pleases you, Wendigo; so grant me this one request. Grant me sweet magical powers! And if you do not listen, then that's OK!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Wendigo sends you a bastard sword and a wench

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Noice.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Here's some snippets from the Werewolf sourcebook Rage Across Australia, to give you an idea of the tone of this whole thing.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Not even vaguely exaggerated. Queensland is possibly the state with the worst history of mistreatment of indigenous people (it's a stiff competition) including the formation of "tribal police" units from displaced tribes who were encouraged to go around killing as many other natives as they could. An attempt to bring the Australian government up on genocide charges after WWII failed largely because the crime was defined as requiring the intent of the state, which couldn't be proven. On all other grounds it qualified quite handily.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's not like modern-day Australia's any more civilized with its treatment of refugees, either. That is some eloquent stuff.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Qld also came the closest to American-style plantation slavery. Pacific Islanders (and anyone else they could grab) were kidnapped and forced into working on farms. It was only prevented from continuing because the concept of browns living in Qld, raising families, building towns, and being a permanent fixture (even if it was quasi-serfdom working in sugar cane fields) was so abhorrent that they ended up being split up and dumped on random islands to ensure a White Australia.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not like modern-day Australia's any more civilized with its treatment of refugees, either. That is some eloquent stuff.

Not to mention our treatment of Aborigines in the NT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Werewolf mystery connected to MH370.

• Locked thread