Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
In case y'll didn't notice, the lead actor had a small part in Wolf of Wall Street as himself, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Keyser S0ze posted:

In case y'll didn't notice, the lead actor had a small part in Wolf of Wall Street as himself, apparently.

Jonah Hill ate his goldfish.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
That's right. Everyone in this show sucks.

I hate myself.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Zero One posted:

Something heard at no bank, ever: "Sorry, I can't help you open a new account and deposit your $200,000".

Onboarding a corporate client is actually a pretty big rigamoral, at least from the wholesale banking side.

It actually makes sense they wouldn't do it without the correct paperwork. Last thing you'd want to find out, that it's a front for an Al Qaeda or whatever.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!
Pretty stoked The Office spinoff did not happen because Middledtich was going to be Dwight's brother.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
If this show could not have the stereotyped Asian college student/intern who can barely speak English and doesn't know what's going on, that'd be great.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
thank you, Florida

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
God drat TJ Miller really is a loving great comedic actor. I have no idea how he plays this part so genuine.

Azmodaii
Aug 16, 2008
TJ Miller is brilliant, him and starr are making the show for me right now...

I'm really enjoying this show, I really hope they continue in this fashion.

Yeehaw McKickass
Dec 15, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

If this show could not have the stereotyped Asian college student/intern who can barely speak English and doesn't know what's going on, that'd be great.

Ow, my sensibilities!

Curious how they plan on writing Christopher Evan Welch out of the show. He seems pretty vested in the plot at this point.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Where have I seen the lawyer guy before?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

regulargonzalez posted:

Where have I seen the lawyer guy before?

Mad Men? He's the neurotic guy that Peggy recruited, i.e., Ginsberg.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

teagone posted:

Holy poo poo

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Yeehaw McKickass posted:

Ow, my sensibilities!

Curious how they plan on writing Christopher Evan Welch out of the show. He seems pretty vested in the plot at this point.

Aw, man he died? That's just awful. He's my favorite character so far. He did a heck of a job with the role. What a shame.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Mind blowing!

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

Damo posted:

Aw, man he died? That's just awful. He's my favorite character so far. He did a heck of a job with the role. What a shame.

Oh no, how horrible. I googled an article about his death in Business Insider and it was a heartbreaking read. He was so excited to be on this show and even though he'd fought cancer for four years, it happened really suddenly and unexpectedly. I'm glad they didn't try to re-shoot it with a different actor.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think they'll probably just have Peter die in the show too. Leaving the guys to stumble onward with little to no more direction and fixing all their gently caress ups one by one.

It sucks though. Peter is one of my favorite characters.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yeehaw McKickass posted:

Well this is the worst news that I just heard about thanks to Something Awful. Seriously.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Brock Samson posted:

Mind blowing!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

pork minstral posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Not saying all white dudes look the same but I thought he was Dan from Veep

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
Well, today I learned that Flo Rida isn't a woman.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Per posted:

Well, today I learned that Flo Rida isn't a woman.

Me and another goon were laughing about how Flo Rida totally robbed a female rapper out there of a freaking sweet name after we watched this episode.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

teagone posted:

Nah. I did a double-take, but they're not the same guy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1133651/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1128099/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t17

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

What? The lawyer from the opening scene was played by Ben Feldman according to the credits, who is Ginsberg. Unless you meant a different lawyer.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Did you copy the wrong link somewhere along the line because those two guys have almost no similarities whatsoever other than the fact that they're both white. The guitar playing lawyer is definitely Ginsberg from mad men.

Also seconding the TJ Miller love I saw earlier on in this thread, I like the show as a whole but he's really stealing the show for me so far.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pron on VHS posted:

Not saying all white dudes look the same but I thought he was Dan from Veep

I thought that as well, but his voice was throwing me off big time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I don't even know who Dan Melcher/Jake Broder is on the show.

[edit] That's because the episodes he's in haven't even aired yet. So, uhh...

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
You mean this guy from Veep, right? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1169428/?ref_=tt_cl_t5

What are we talking about again?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
So which real life figure is Peter Gregory based on? He looks most like a Steve Jobs who grew old but kept his hair.

I'm guessing he's a combination of a few people?

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
That article I mentioned upthread says his speaking style is based on Peter Thiel, head of eBay.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Thiel

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I wasn't expecting Thomas Middleditch to be hot in a toga, but alas. :q:

Also, this show is growing on me, slowly but surely. Zach Woods, TJ Miller, and Martin Starr are the best.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

hepscat posted:

That article I mentioned upthread says his speaking style is based on Peter Thiel, head of eBay.

Thiel also had a program to pay people to drop out/not go to college, so definitely some similarities there.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

wooger posted:

So which real life figure is Peter Gregory based on? He looks most like a Steve Jobs who grew old but kept his hair.

I'm guessing he's a combination of a few people?

Mike Judge said on NPR that he's not based on anyone in particular. People often ask him if he's based on _______, and he's usually never heard of that person.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Judge has never shied away from using comic relief characters that can be loosely defined as on the spectrum (i.e. Milton Waddams).

hcreight fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 29, 2014

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Fooz posted:

Mike Judge said on NPR that he's not based on anyone in particular. People often ask him if he's based on _______, and he's usually never heard of that person.

That's gotta be some bullshit to avoid libel or something. I mean the character is named Peter Gregory and makes the dropout challenge as a real guy named Peter Thiel. I don't know much else about Thiel's personality, other than is affinity for making extremely out of touch startup-y statements, but that feels like too close to be a coincidence.

hcreight posted:

Judge has never shied away from using comic relief characters that can be loosely defined as on the spectrum (i.e. Dale Gribble or Milton Waddams).

What makes you put Dale on the spectrum? I'm not sure I disagree, but I'm not sure I disagree.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

ultramiraculous posted:

What makes you put Dale on the spectrum? I'm not sure I disagree, but I'm not sure I disagree.

Yeah I ninja edited Dale out because I wasn't sure about that one. More broadly, Judge isn't afraid to use mental disorders or illness to comedic effect.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

hepscat posted:

I think they even mention in the first episode that Gregory, like Peter Thiel, is trying to build his own objectivist Bioshock-style private island for the superrich. When they started describing him I actually heard "Peter Thiel" and took a minute to realize it was a fictional character based on Thiel.

grading essays nude fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 30, 2014

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just caught up on this show. I'm enjoying it. Holy poo poo, the part where they are all chanting their own names to avoid an rear end-kicking was hilarious.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Yeehaw McKickass posted:

This just ruined my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

wordsauce posted:

This just ruined my day.

I know. Thinking about how dead guys could possibly be better vested than my startup really kills the mood. Ugh.

• Locked thread