Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Enallyniv posted:

Yeah but does the Fire TV bring gaming back to uour TELEVISION? In your LIVING ROOM! Televisiooooooooon!

The Fire TV is the Gary Busey of consoles. Make of that as you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sedisp posted:

This has to be a troll.

He's been at it for 5 or 6 years now, and supposedly it was already a 5-year project before anybody ever heard of him. Troll or not, there's gotta be a point where you have to figure severe mental illness into the equation.

Cawd Rud posted:

The Fire TV is the best XBMC box there is right now, and probably for a while.

It baffles me how much people in this thread nerd out either about XBMC or emulators. Neither are worth buying a $100+ piece of equipment for.
I finally bought a Wii last week off SA-Mart for $50 and if you want something to play emulator poo poo on up through the Gamecube, I don't know why you wouldn't just go with that.

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 24, 2014

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

raditts posted:

He's been at it for 5 or 6 years now, and supposedly it was already a 5-year project before anybody ever heard of him. Troll or not, there's gotta be a point where you have to figure severe mental illness into the equation.

It baffles me how much people in this thread nerd out either about XBMC or emulators. Neither are worth buying a $100+ piece of equipment for.
I finally bought a Wii last week off SA-Mart for $50 and if you want something to play emulator poo poo on up through the Gamecube, I don't know why you wouldn't just go with that.

Duh, Nintendos for babies.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Sedisp posted:

This has to be a troll.

Go read the bobsgame website. The whole thing.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

raditts posted:

Emulators, no. XBMC totally is worth $100, however. I watch a lot of downloaded media. I want something good to watch it on. XBMC is by far the best media player I've used.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Uncle Jam posted:

I had never actually been to his website, so I just went to look at it.

:stare:

It just... keeps going. I can't read all this. Nobody can.

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams

HJE-Cobra posted:

http://bobsgame.com/

56000+ words, 150 pages. Legitimate insanity.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Good tunes though.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

HJE-Cobra posted:

I had a friend of mine read through this poo poo for a few hours last night and it hardly scratched the surface.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KillerMojo posted:

Go ahead and just scroll to the very bottom where he writes "I am attempting to save your life and soul"

Or how we are surrounded by mind control making us into criminals.

Or how we are fragments of God's mind.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 26, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This dude shouldn't make a game, but rather someone else should make a RPG. Then have Bob write all the dialogue for the villain.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

This dude shouldn't make a game, but rather someone else should make a RPG. Then have Bob write all the dialogue for the villain.

There's a romhack to be made there, I think.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Endorph posted:

Or the heroes. Then you have Mage: the Ascension.

CousinLarryAppleton
Sep 12, 2007
ain't no hollaback girl

Uncle Jam posted:

I am at the part where he is talking about his parent's being mind-controlling criminals, and he says his mom has a master's degree in child development? Like what? And this is the kid you made?

This is either the most elaborate Gene Ray Timecube troll of all time, or, well, I don't know. A plea for help.

Bob posted:

For instance, Apple is a totalitarian power pyramid run by a sorcerer that has a hiding-in-plain-sight logo (bitten apple) which sells useful but extremely addictive gadgets to young people. Children aspire to work there, worship the leader, and submit to the organization, proud to work for someone else instead of reaching their own potential. They fly across the country or even the world, abandoning their friends and family, having been indoctrinated from childhood. Their family dissolves and their parents die, leaving them emotionally dependent to the company, unable to detach themselves from their new peer group. They become corrupted by this dependence and fear a loss of job security, ending up totally enslaved. They don't know they are, but they don't care, nor do they want to leave. They are comfortably corrupt and don't have the will power to even realize it. This is what is considered a "normal career."

No, this has to be a troll:

Bob posted:

I wrote Bill Gates a poem to the tune of it, to the email I was sure was his. I had felt it. He replied and said "Very Good." I wasn't surprised. I knew he would, somehow.

I decided to save Microsoft. I knocked down Google. I don't know how to explain it. I just did.

I knew what I had to do. I knew what I had to show. An elevator. Touching the subconscious. My rise to power. The leader of the game industry.

CousinLarryAppleton fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 27, 2014

kick_the_penguin
Jul 8, 2012
The poor guy is mentally ill and clearly needs some sort of help. :smith:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Maybe he just likes creative writing on the side? Very depressing creative writing. :smith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

KillerMojo posted:

what in the actual gently caress posted:

The rules outlined in the Old Testament are actually "protection spells." Religion is mind magic.
The Old Testament is an Almanac.
It has a bunch of history, a lot of traditional folklore about the makings of the universe, some songs, and a collection of King's wisdom.

It is an ancient book of wisdom, or protection, talking about the matters of the heart, mind control, and the rules of the game.
Mind control works because we are all part of one being. Our subconscious is collective. Our imaginations are connected, and that's where our thoughts come from. The stream of information from the heart.

We are a giant dog pack

These tactics are used around you, every day, to steal your identity (soul) and make you into a slave. If you desire anything, you can be enslaved. If you get addicted to anything you will be enslaved.
If you make it through, you become a wizard

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Good job owning the man with mental problems, all

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Hey, it might not be the ramblings of a crazy person, maybe he's just got a transcript of the brainstorming sessions for the plot of the next persona game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feinne posted:

Hey, it might not be the ramblings of a crazy person, maybe he's just got a transcript of the brainstorming sessions for the plot of the next persona game.
I AM DEVELOPER

WANT DONATIONS?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hat Thoughts posted:

Believing weird things doesn't necessarily mean someone is literally insane. Unless you think that, like, 95% of the population of the world is insane.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hat Thoughts posted:

gently caress that guy.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

That guy isn't crazy he's just desperate to be famous and the only time anyone cared about anything he did was when he was acting like a crazy person and pretending to feud with Nintendo. He's kind of like Phil Fish in that he things he's amazingly better than everyone else ever and wants his game to be perfect only his game idea is super lovely and he doesn't have any talent for it.

You guys are forgetting about all the times he tried to advertise his poo poo on the forums here and was just an rear end in a top hat to everyone.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

randombattle posted:

That guy isn't crazy he's just desperate to be famous and the only time anyone cared about anything he did was when he was acting like a crazy person and pretending to feud with Nintendo. He's kind of like Phil Fish in that he things he's amazingly better than everyone else ever and wants his game to be perfect only his game idea is super lovely and he doesn't have any talent for it.

You guys are forgetting about all the times he tried to advertise his poo poo on the forums here and was just an rear end in a top hat to everyone.

I believe he actually posted in this thread a few months back.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

randombattle posted:

This could have easily been Phil Fish if Fez didn't succeed. I admit I like Fish despite his issues, Bob is just nuts.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

randombattle posted:

I don't know if he's not crazy. I mean, crazy is writing an incredibly long and rambly document filled with pointless stories nobody cares about that are supposed to express how hosed up and evil you are and how you are some visionary, with gratuitous mention of the various brands you used, like the time you listened to synth-pop on your Diamond Rio, or the time you listened to koRn on your KOSS CD Player, and all the times he hosed up his life out of embarrassment over minor issues and poo poo.

And ending it on this:

quote:

Once when I was in my early teens I masturbated in a hotel hot tub. Sorry about that. I got past a certain point and my judgment went out the window. I hope whoever used it after me absorbed some youthful mana and restored some vibrant lustre to their skin.

I mean, gently caress man. There's a point where you're not faking it anymore.

Edit: As far as I can understand, basically, he's homeless and doing nothing and has no source of income, but he's trying to sell his game and he's trying to do it his way and he will be successful?

Cemetry Gator fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 27, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

theflyingorc posted:

I believe he actually posted in this thread a few months back.
It was in December to advertise his kickstarter for his totally-going-to-be-released OUYA game.

He didn't really have much interesting to say other than "OUYA is totally in a good space and many will buy it for Christmas", so I can confirm he's mentally ill.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Feinne posted:

Ah, I see we're almost back to Persona 2 levels of crazy.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

randombattle posted:

Yeah, he's basically milking his "infamy" for all it's worth. I'm sure if/when this fails he'll be back in a year with another kickstarter for Bob Clicker on the iPhone or something like that. Then again, if the project is floundering as the time is winding down I could see him putting in the rest of the money himself just so he doesn't have to quit making this magnum opus he's totally been working on for a decade.

I do like that he's raised five times as much money on this kickstarter in five days compared to his other failed one; I can only assume it's because the word OUYA doesn't appear in the title.

Complexcalibur fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 28, 2014

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Bob's game's kickstarter page has a history of his entire life. Here's the culmination -

"In total despair, I stumbled around in a confused haze for a couple of months, and then got stronger. I've spent the last 9 months sleeping in my car and running at the gym, building myself back up. I've had to humble myself and learn to accept life as it is, to live with almost nothing, to appreciate what I have, and to truly value existence itself and see the world around me as it actually is- an illusion. I slowly learned how we are tricked by desire and greed and kept weak and blinded by criminal syndicates. I realized that is what I had been fighting against the whole time, subconsciously! Even more incredible, I learned what humans are truly capable of- discovering that we are indeed magical creatures with psychic powers! It's the greatest trick in history- we are all great wizards, reduced to spending our lives so distracted, we never even realize our own power!"

Crazy bolding mine. Salutations, my wizard friends.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Sweat, Ubu. Sweat. Good paranoid schizophrenic.
It looks like 13 games have been freed by the free the games fund. I couldn't find direct links to their kickstarters, but it looks like they come well short of the 1 million ouya put aside to free the games.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

illiniguy01 posted:

It looks like 13 games have been freed by the free the games fund. I couldn't find direct links to their kickstarters, but it looks like they come well short of the 1 million ouya put aside to free the games.

I've been wondering how they're even still running and I guess it helps when no one is willing to take you money even when you're giving it away.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

XboxPants posted:

I've been wondering how they're even still running and I guess it helps when no one is willing to take you money even when you're giving it away.

Since I signed up for their forums like 18 months ago, I still get their E-mails, and they make it sound like they've got a skeleton crew now. They're probably just slowly bleeding money with 5-6 employees until they close shop eventually.

Also, the console is currently $70 on Amazon.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
OuroborosPants, either come clean about the whole story with your failed website and console or stop making quips about it.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Sweat, Ubu. Sweat. Good paranoid schizophrenic.

What Fun posted:

OuroborosPants, either come clean about the whole story with your failed website and console or stop making quips about it.

I've never been to the website but I can say it is really good, 10/10, would recommend.

Geographica
Jun 1, 2010
Matt Thorson says that Towerfall has sold 7k copies (lifetime to date) on Ouya. This is out of 500k total sales, across platforms.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Geographica posted:

Matt Thorson says that Towerfall has sold 7k copies (lifetime to date) on Ouya. This is out of 500k total sales, across platforms.

Out of everyone in the entire world, I think Thorson got the most benefit out of OUYA. While his sales on the platform are awful, the publicity he got by being far and away the best game on the system probably helped to generate a lot of those half million in total sales.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

theflyingorc posted:

Out of everyone in the entire world, I think Thorson got the most benefit out of OUYA. While his sales on the platform are awful, the publicity he got by being far and away the best game on the system probably helped to generate a lot of those half million in total sales.

It's $500k gross, not 500k copies. If I'm remembering his OUYA price point correctly, this would imply that a significant fraction of his gross profits actually came from there.

I'm not sure what that says about OUYA or Towerfall.

Geographica
Jun 1, 2010
Eurogamer updated the article - it did originally say 500k. I did think that PS4 sales of at least 247k seemed a bit much.

At $15 a pop, we are looking at 7k sold on Ouya out of ~33.3k total copies sold, which isn't the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

randombattle posted:

KillerMojo posted:

You don't go to those lengths for poo poo almost nobody will read if you don't have something a little broken upstairs.

• Locked thread