Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Here's the last episode of Oil Change if you want to see Ryan Smyth cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Alas, poor Lumbus. I'm halfway to shaving already. Still, even though it's hard to say a two win series is a major step up, it kind of is. If Murray and Savard keep improving so that the Jackets don't need to rely on Johnson and the Wiz nearly as much (or just get rid of them entirely), this team is going places

Places like the second round

e: the only real question is Johansen jersey... or Jenner :getin:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Again?

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

The new TSN Luongo segment is pretty amazing

Technically it could be the last time we might get to see Ryan Smyth cry. Unless you live in Edmonton and see him in public... Or in a few years at the press conference where he's announced as an executive...

Vicas posted:

the only real question is Johansen jersey... or Jenner :getin:
Farmer Strong. You've got to go with Farmer Strong :colbert:

deafmute fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 29, 2014

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

deafmute posted:

The new TSN Luongo segment is pretty amazing
Technically it could be the last time we might get to see Ryan Smyth cry. Unless you live in Edmonton and see him in public... Or in a few years at the press conference where he's announced as an executive...
Farmer Strong. You've got to go with Farmer Strong :colbert:

Instead of Jenner it should just say "FARMER"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Holy poo poo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hahaha Brown got nominated for a leadership award.

(I know it's the 3rd time. I laugh every time.)

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Dustin Brown what the loving gently caress

What a loving overrated piece of poo poo

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Leading with your elbows is a type of leadership.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

The #FlaPanthers have relieved interim coach Peter Horachek of his coaching duties effective immediately..

From Hope_Smoke: Dreger "Carlyle will be hired within a week of being fired, if he is, and a team that would be interested is Florida"

If that happens I'm going to feel really bad for the Panthers fans :(

ThinkTank posted:

Where the hell is Seabrook's nomination? :mad:

deafmute fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 29, 2014

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Seabrook hasn't shown any real elbow leadership, just because you smash a dude in the head once doesn't mean you have what it takes to do it every time. Only those who take it to the next level and distinguish themselves in their craft deserve awards.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Maybe Brown had a career year in the locker room, how would any of you know? Philistines.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

fits posted:

Someone did a thing

Free Willy one is the best

I'm such a bad fan, it took me forever to find the Red Wings on here. Maybe because the Winged Wheel is an awesome logo and the octopus, while the best tradition, doesn't come close.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

ThinkTank posted:

Well yeah this is the Messier award isn't it :confused:

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

eXXon posted:

Maybe Brown had a career year in the locker room, how would any of you know? Philistines.

He not only lead the league in bum pats and bum pat attempts but he also kept the tightest circumference around the logo on the locker room floor. What more do you want from your captain?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Stickarts posted:

He not only lead the league in bum pats and bum pat attempts but he also kept the tightest circumference around the logo on the locker room floor. What more do you want from your captain?

His CHIRP on/CHIRP off % is also one of the highest in the league

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

deafmute posted:

The #FlaPanthers have relieved interim coach Peter Horachek of his coaching duties effective immediately..

From Hope_Smoke: Dreger "Carlyle will be hired within a week of being fired, if he is, and a team that would be interested is Florida"

If that happens I'm going to feel really bad for the Panthers fans :(

Supposedly Lavy and Trotz are being talked about.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

STL puts Cracknel on waivers

Jeffrey and Mueller cleared waivers for the Stars

Brain Curry posted:

There was a rumor a week or so ago that if Carlyle was fired that the Panthers would hire him immediately and I really hope that doesn't happen to your dudes :(

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Brain Curry posted:

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers Dale Tallon: Barry Trotz is one hell of a coach.

Well

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

deafmute posted:

There was a rumor a week or so ago that if Carlyle was fired that the Panthers would hire him immediately and I really hope that doesn't happen to your dudes :(

Me too.

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers Dale Tallon says he would like to keep assts John Madden and Brian Skrudland but that will be up to the new coach

Been a fan of Madden since NJ and I hope they keep him.

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers Dale Tallon: Barry Trotz is one hell of a coach.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

goddamn RJ Umberger was playing with a broken finger, separated shoulder and herniated disc

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

goddamn RJ Umberger was playing with a broken finger, separated shoulder and herniated disc
How could he even skate while on that many painkillers :staredog:

Patrik Berglund played with a dislocated shoulder apparently too.

Other news: Doug Armstrong says Jake Allen will be with the Blues next season.

deafmute fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 29, 2014

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
@mc79hockey: Nashville had $29.3M in ticket revenue this year, per @jrlind.

Wasn't Weber's signing bonus like $13mil

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Dirty Burger posted:

@mc79hockey: Nashville had $29.3M in ticket revenue this year, per @jrlind.

Wasn't Weber's signing bonus like $13mil

But as we all know, teams love to game the numbers. Ticket revenue does not include hot dog sales or parking lot fees.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Well, if they're like the Blues and had dumbass owners, they might not get those revenues due to selling the rights for a quick buck.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

I don't know how reliable this guy is, but Tom Gulitti, the NJ beat reporter, follows him. It's great news if it's true.

@jedli Jaromir Jagr said after practice w/ national team he will continue in #njdevils team. He said he already has agreement with the club.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Resign Jagr
Resign Brodeur
Sign Alfredsson
Replace benches with Acorn Stairlifts

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Brain Curry posted:

I don't know how reliable this guy is, but Tom Gulitti, the NJ beat reporter, follows him. It's great news if it's true.

@jedli Jaromir Jagr said after practice w/ national team he will continue in #njdevils team. He said he already has agreement with the club.

Now, to re-sign marty

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Guignol posted:

Resign Jagr
Resign Brodeur
Sign Alfredsson

Dominate the NHL Masters Division.

Another Czech reporter chiming in on Jagr:

@zdenek_janda 24m
Jaromir Jagr will stay in New Jersey Devils for another year. Said after the practice with the Czech team.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Guignol posted:

Resign Jagr
Resign Brodeur
Sign Alfredsson
Convince Teemu and Ray Whitney to join and it'll be just like The Expendables!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I'm going to goad Melnyk into saying something racist as hell while I secretly videotape, wish me luck sens fans

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Dirty Burger posted:

I'm going to goad Melnyk into saying something racist as hell while I secretly videotape, wish me luck sens fans

Is that you?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Dustin Brown nominated for a leadership award. What the poo poo.

e- Columbus: The Brick Truck Arrived Early

Vicas posted:

Alas, poor Lumbus. I'm halfway to shaving already. Still, even though it's hard to say a two win series is a major step up, it kind of is. If Murray and Savard keep improving so that the Jackets don't need to rely on Johnson and the Wiz nearly as much (or just get rid of them entirely), this team is going places

Places like the second round

e: the only real question is Johansen jersey... or Jenner :getin:

Yeah, having no idea what to expect against Pittsburgh coming in (and, really, any trip to the playoffs being a win in itself), I will gladly take two wins and much of the six game stretch being played fairly well as a bonus. I felt like I was being generous in saying Pittsburgh in 6 in the Red X game. There's definitely some room for improvement but, as the CBJ radio guys said after the game, at least they know what they have in both the regular and post-seasons and can build/tweak accordingly.

This time around, there's competent leadership at the helm and not Scott "Let Malhotra go because he wanted too much, sign Pahlsson for the same money and less production" Howson.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 29, 2014

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Dirty Burger posted:

Good luck. The best I could do was a recording of Melnyk telling his daughter not to instagram herself with Leaf fans.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Brain Curry posted:

Gulitti has generally been pretty reliable for the brief times I read about the devils and when he fills in for Andrew Gross on the Rangers side of things.

I would think he has reason to believe that's accurate because he doesn't often source random crap.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

deafmute posted:

You've got 0 points in the prediction contest and then go out of your way to curse your own team. Shame thy name is Habibi. :mad:

A) I didn't curse I narrated; and
B) The only reason I have 0 points is because I got in late and had to pick down teams to win. :argh: (also every other reason)

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Aphrodite posted:

Hahaha Brown got nominated for a leadership award.

(I know it's the 3rd time. I laugh every time.)

ThinkTank posted:

And his knee! At the same time! Two kinds of leadership in one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Guignol posted:

Sign Alfredsson

*Makes angry cat noises, waves hands at*

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

In news that will surprise no one the Red Wings will be using their final compliance buyout on Jordan Tootoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

In news that will surprise no one the Red Wings will be using their final compliance buyout on Jordan Tootoo.

Im surprised. Wasnt his cap hit only like 1.4m and only for just one more year? Im sure there had to be better options for that buyout.

• Locked thread