Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Beast Realm, Valk

Gohdog's meddling was annoying but inconsequential. Meroth would have his vengeance, but more important tasks were still waiting.

The mighty Kwll was still wandering the world, tormented by its past. Still seeking the parts of his former friend. Meroth would aid him in finding it. But first it had to be transported to a more opportune location.

The beastmen shamans in the southern reaches of Valk would see signs in the flames of their fire pits. A shadow was looming in the nearby mountains, a dark secret, lingering there for untold millennia. And now with the return of the gods it threatened to bring doom to everyone near it. If the beastmen tribes were to survive this artifact had to be removed and brought far to the north.

The chieftains were quick to act and assembled an army to meet this task. A united force was to go and seize the artifact, taking it to the dwarves in the north.

Using influence to raise an army to go to Green Mountain and take Braum's eye and bring it to the dwarves.

Meroth - Kwll's Mindscape

A few simple words and Kwll would understand.
“The dwarves have Braum's eye.”

Meroth - Magnus' Mindscape

“Magnus, my brethren make you believe that we are enemies, but they are mistaken. It is true that I am the god of destruction, hatred, terror and revenge, but do you not hate the darkness yourself? Do you not want to take revenge on those who wronged the weak? Are you not terrified of the thought that the darkness might defeat the light? Do you not want to destroy the wicked? We are strikingly similar.
Gohdog wants to tame you. He thinks that the peace all gods strife for can be reached without conflict. I know you are wiser than that. You know that it will take sacrifices to defeat the darkness. Gohdog is even looking to ally with Amrom, the lord of darkness himself. It makes you doubt his true intentions, doesn't it? An ally of death and darkness should be your enemy.”

Meroth - Dark Lord's Mindscape

“Dark Lord, I bring you a warning. Amrom seeks to betray you. He wants to abandon all ambitions of all powerful undead realm. He promised you to be the steward of his new empire. But he is already abandoning all pretenses of conquest. He wants to have Azeriah peacefully persuade Kesk the join, even though he could just take it by force.
Asking weak mortals for permission to take what is rightfully yours? Do you want to be degraded to a mere diplomat? Attend meetings with bureaucrats? You know as well as he does that this isn't your nature. As soon as you do not fit into this peaceful empire he will dispose of you.”

Meroth - MorningStar's Mindscape

“I have seen your minions at work. Do you bring promise of further destruction?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis

Kwill? Ah yes, I have been threatened with the mad beast before. Let us see how it is.

Can I scan for Kwill's current stats?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Can I scan for Kwill's current stats?

I haven't gotten everyone's first PMs yet. (Only 5 of you have/are doing anything and have stated point allocations) Once I see everyone's properly allocated I can definitely show ya.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Maen - Mindscape - The Earth Warden

"So, I suppose I should at some point talk to some of you, hm? I am Maen, mistress of madness and moon, and the patron of the lovers and artists, queen of the sea and chaos. I'm not one to make oaths or binding promises or something. But if you give me and those that are with me proper respect, I might reward you. But that is not why I speak to you."

"Kwill. He currently swims in my oceans, haunted by madness. I am not without pity. Madness can ease the pain of loss. And so I intend to steer his madness towards a more soothing path. But for that, I need you to tell me about Braum. How he spoke, how he looked, how he acted."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Not an update, just some conversational stuff.

Magnus - Mindscape

To Gohdog: <"With you as a patron, violence will be completely unnecessary. So long as you do not turn from purity, light, and goodness, and fight private corruption and oppose evil and uphold what is right; I will support peace and harm no living man.">

To Ignatz: <"If their intentions are ill, those they try to conquer or enslave shall be stopped. Show me the truth and where and I will be there...">

To Meroth: <"I will support to you the promises I have made to Gohdog and Ignatz. Show me the truth and where and I will be there...">

Trollfather - Mindscape

To Gohdog: <"You know not what you ask. It is not possible. We have lived in peace separate from them, and will continue to do so. You have seen our ways and we have not strayed into their lands. Live and let live, if they do not then they will not.">

Kwll - Mindscape

To Meroth: <"Took my hand. Stole his eye. DIE DIE DIE!">

Kwll surfaces off the coast of the New Elven Empire and begins to walk with his shoulders above the surface of the oceans, heading in the direction of the continent in which the realm of dwarves resides.

Dark Lord - Mindscape

To Meroth: <"So? You didn't seed my ambitions, Amrom has. Everything I have, he gave to me. All risk for no reward. No Deal!">
The Dark Lord severs the communication.

MorningStar - Mindscape

To Meroth: <"Let me into your world. Let. Me. In."> ^^______________________^^

The Earth Warden - Mindscape

To Maen: <"Braum? I don't know what he looked like. I never met him. Missing an eye? Maybe if you ask Amrom he might be able to raise his corpse!">

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 26, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - Meroth's Mindspace

"Please, brother," pleads a voice from a darkened corner of the heavens. "In the name of all you might hold sacred, all you might profane, I beg you, do not let that creature into our world. God of Hatred, God of Terror, God of Revenge, God of Destruction; you would invite these all in with the Morningstar, yes, and it would be the end of us all. Including you. 'Tis unwise to answer callers at midnight, brother. Once the door opens, I fear that it cannot be shut again. Do not open that door. Do not doom yourself. Do not doom us all."

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher - Narne, East Norn

"Alright, everyone, settle down, all right, yes, you're very excited." The Guildmaster had to shout to be heard over the ruckus filling the room. Whatever else his guildmates were, they were [ib]loud[/i]. But he was the Guildmaster for a reason; namely, he was the loudest motherfucker around. "CALM. DOWN."

The room immediately fell silent. "Sellswords, rogues, hedge wizards -- these are our troops. Not an army. No, armies have things like rules and uniforms and pensions." The assembled mavericks sniggered. "No, we chose to live our lives as we will -- to stand up and take what it ours! The city's soldiers have their fancy training and their shiny helmets... but what good have they done against the Dark Lord? Nothing!" This raised a cheer. "Soldiers have their purpose, don't get me wrong. When the attack comes, we'll all be glad of them manning the walls. But we're not here merely to hold out. Skeletons and ghosts don't let up a siege."

He jabbed his finger at the huge map pinned to the wall of the guildhouse hall. A knife hole still marred the surface. "We shall take the fight to them. Dragons can die. Hell, somebody already killed the Dark Lord once, it can't be that hard!"

Market the Sorceror, right-hand man of the Guildmaster, stepped forward. "The tools of the enemy are strong. But we have tools of our own. Blades work for their troops, but to kill abominations like the Dark Lord we'll need something stronger. Thankfully, our quiet friend," he looked to the grinning Oracle in her purple robes, "has informed us of the location of an artifact of amazing power, one that could turn the tide in our favor. The Hand of Kwll." Several of the more well-traveled adventurers present looked confused. Jareth Whitewaste signaled his request to speak: "For those who don't know, Kwll's Hand is a chain of islands off the northern coast, famous for its deadly tides and various and sundry other dangers." "Named for the Hand," whispered the Oracle. She rarely spoke, so this drew a few concerned mutters. "Long ago, the islanders waxed wise and powerful, but he who seeks to eat the Sun ought not be surprised to find himself aflame. They were destroyed by their own hubris, and the Hand is one of the remnants of this tragedy. Will it be the key to destroying the Dark Lord? This is not revealed to me. But I have seen it burned into the history of this world, and whosoever claims it will make of the greatest king a pauper." She smiled knowingly and looked at the stunned thief to her left. "Will it be you, Carlen Ratcatcher? Will you step forward, and show yourself worthy of such greatness?"

One of my Oracles is attached to Narne; she'll form some of the adventurers into an "army" to push back against the dark forces in East Norn. They can do as they please, of course; I don't do orders. However, she'll counsel them on dungeons and places to explore.

I'll also subtly send ideas into the dreams of East Norn magic users, which will help them develop magic effective against the monsters and dark things they have to fight. In particular, magic that cures the horrid disease Meroth is sending. To be specific, I'm not blocking it; I'm just giving the mortals a way to beat it. Cipher-given magic is a strange art that never works exactly the same way twice and defies most attempts to study it; it actively changes to avoid being understood.

Finally, I'm getting together a group of adventurers who seem to me to have great destinies and sending them to investigate Kwll's Hand. I'm watching them very carefully to see if I need to send them aid on their quest.

Cipher - Magnus
Cipher sighs. "All I asked was that you maintain a little mystery about it. Well, we shall see if your prophecy comes true, pretender."

Iamcommunist:I'll send my PM when I get home Sent it.

megane fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 27, 2014

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Ignatz's Mindscape

"Poor Ignatz, you have such a tortured soul. Do not worry. We are gods, nothing will be able to destroy us but each other."

Meroth - Morningstar's Mindscape

"Who am I to deny such a friendly request." With these words Meroth shattered the gates that kept Morningstar out of this world.

Let's see what this guy/gal is all about.

Meroth - Magnus' Mindscape

"I already told you. The Dark Lord resides in the southern isles and is growing an army of darkness to sweep over the rest of the world."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Maen - Narne - East Norn

A woman stepped forward at the invitation, her clothes garish and dust-covered, a lute on her back. Her hair was dirty blonde and she spoke with a clear Kesk accent. "To find the Hand of Kwll? Now that sounds like a deed worthy of song. And I believe it would need a bard of absolutely surpassing skill could write an epic worthy of the tale. Now, I could sit back and wait for you to return, but honestly, none of you brutes has the culture to do justice to a proper bar brawl, let alone an epic tale." She smugly stood to receive the jeers as if they were applause. "So I guess there's no solution except me joining this expedition if I want to see this song done properly! I am Liana Milanda, from the Academy of Omette of course. Soon to be the world-famous Liana Milanda."

A man stepped forward beside her, with kind eyes and blue robes, a quarterstaff in his hand and an amulet with a dolphin and a moon at his neck. "Forgive my wife's flair. I promise you, her talents almost match her ego, so they're quite awesome indeed. I am Arman Waverunner, from Silvermane. The waves led us here, and if you wish to plunge into the depths of my Goddess' realm, I believe you will be able to make use of my assistance."

Adding some adventurers to this party, the one going after the Hand of Kwll that is. An Omette bard who can play bewitching music, and a powerful Water Priest.

No PM sent, because I want to talk to IAC first of what possibilities are, since this is no straight up and down 'influence a town'

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 27, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - Narne, East Norn

"Master, we must return to the inn," pleads the acolyte, looking more nervous by the moment. "This is a troubled land and the streets aren't safe at night." Seemingly deaf, the Master charges on, guided by some holy directive known only to him. They pass crooked alleys and crooked men, crooked women with crooked morals. The acolyte draws his robes close, holding his gourd as a ward against the night city. Fear is knowing, the mantra says, the true-knowing that is the first step to enlightenment. He knows it is the reason why the Master can walk where angels fear to tread, but knowing that fear is immaterial is not the same as conquering it. That is why he shall remain an acolyte. He treasures his service to the Unnamed God, his work attending to the needs of the Masters...though he is sorely tested in situations like this.

"Smells good," the master mutters as they pass a food stall. He reaches into the fire, snatching a chunk of meat. The barker objects loudly and the acolyte reaches for his coinpurse, kept close at hand for situations like this, when he realizes, to his horror, that it is not there. He must have forgotten it--or worse, it was stolen on the way. As the purveyor of fine roasted meats looms closer, demanding payment, the master interposes himself between the man and the acolyte. "Hey, buddy. Sorry about the meat. I'm Jeff. I think I've got something somewhere..." He ruffles through his filthy robes and comes up with a strange bauble, a turquoise gem the size and shape of a robin's egg, intricately carved with stylized flames. "Been working on this for a while. S'yours now." He pops it into the man's pocket and he seems to be satisfied as they left.

"Master...I appreciate your intervention but I must ask, what was the greater purpose of this sojourn into the city." Surely, he thought there must be a lesson.

The Master Jeff shrugs. "Dunno. Art's not worth much unless it keeps you fed? Don't grab food unless you're sure your acolyte brought the cash to back you up? Wasn't the point anyway, I was just hungry. The real thing is up ahead." Around the corner, the pair see what appears to be some sort of clandestine gathering. The ever-cautious acolyte hesitates, but the Master jumps right in. "Hey, is this a private fellowship, or can anybody join?" The strangers stare at him, disbelieving. "Wait, I've got something to ease tensions. Don't worry, I'm a monk, I know what I'm doing." He ruffles through his robes, trying to find one of his many stashes of Sacred Herb to share with his new friends.

Sending a monk to join the Anti-Necromancy Defense League, Master Jeff and his Acolyte. Good luck, brave adventurers!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher - Narne, East Norn

Cipher laughs cheerfully as she watches the adventurers assemble. "Yes, children: go forth and make for me a story worth telling!" She turns and bows to her siblings. "My thanks for your help. The start of any good legend is in having a strong cast of characters, both heroes and villains. Our followers shall achieve great things together; this I have seen." She nods sagely. "...or they'll all die. But tragedies make for fine legends as well."

Maen, Mimsy and Ignatz are welcome to add members to my little expedition. Others can too (I know Amrom was thinking of adding a friendly necromancer), if they like, so long as they're actually committed to finding the Hand and protecting East Norn.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis - Narne, East Norn

Benjamin, an explorer, scholar, inventor, and statesman of some renown joins the group without preamble. He was once an ambassador to the Merchant Princes and now finds himself a refugee, quite lost and presumably unemployed. He prayed to Platonis for guidance and was shown the way with a holy light. He knows instantly that this strange group was chosen by the gods, working together, to show the world once again the strength of mortal hands and mortal minds.

After some thought, Platonis accepts the invitation of Cipher now that it's been made formally. Such an endeavor would show that the Pretenders are not so great, that any mortal, with properly applied intelligence, can have just as much of an effect. And while the journey may seem pointless when we could just give them what they need, perhaps it will be educational. The heroes can discover the strength that was within them all along.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Year 4

Mindscape - to Earth Warden

“I hope you find the power bestowed upon you sufficient for your purposes. If you’d spend at least as much effort teaching the mortals how to live as you would like them to as you do destroying their cities it might be more beneficial in the end. As it stands they are very pissy about the whole thing.” Mimsy gives something of a mental shrug.

Mindscape - To Magnus

The equivalent of a sly wink is given.

Mindscape - Troll Father

“A token of my affection. Let none destroy what you have.”

All Elfdom

A call is again sounded, Elves worldwide who are free and able to travel without abandoning essential life tasks were invited attend Elf Fest. Most through speaking animals, but some in their dreams or in great visions.

Sending Invites

Elf Fest II - Elven Retreat

The forest itself grew to accommodate the festival. Golden and Sylvan Elves alike met to learn of each other, and find their relative strengths. The Golden Elves were obviously a blend of Elven and Human culture, and they had the pride and willpower of both. They were to learn from the Sylvan the Long View, that they did not need to live their lives as a race like they had as humans. They had decades to plan where they once had mere years. The Sylvan in turn would learn that the ways of the “Civilized” could be aligned to work with Nature, making sustainable industry possible - though far different than how the Merchant Princes methods. In the end, a mutual understanding and respect would form.

Letting the new Elves and old Elves learn about each other, having them form a mutual respect and slowing the roll of the uppity Golden Elves.

East Norn

A half Elven druid and an Elven Ranger make their way to the assembling heroic fellowship, guided by dream and prophecy. Their knowledge of nature and natural lore, the respect of life itself - not to mention their natural fighting ability, would make for essential additions to the party.

Throwing down. Hopefully each member would have at least 2 life, 1 influence, 1 Attack or something along those lines.

Mount Green, Braum’s Eye

Meroth intended to have Kwll destroy the Dwarves. Hmm. The beastmen Army would have to climb the mountain to get to the cave. Why fight them when a divine can simply beat them to the punch?

The Eye disappeared, reappearing in the hoard of Red.

I’ll discuss with Commie how to pay for this, probably a block/Twist

Mimsy - Mindscape - To Kwll

“Meroth lies to further his destructive aims. The Dragon Red has your brothers eye.” The image of the Eye’s location in the Hoard, backing out to Kwll’s current location(conveniently bypassing East Norn entirely)

Hot Potato

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Actions part II

Mimsy - Kesk, University of Omette

In the midst of the chaos and unlearning the Trees of Omette became animated. Not fully Entish, but sentient and conscious with faces able to speak. Immediately they began to spout lore and knowledge they had overheard during their long slumbery lives. The books may have been burned, but the trees remembered. For all who would listen, they gave lessons of lectures from days gone by. One by one the students began to sit in wonder, learning under the crowns of the new professors of Omette.

In addition to their formidable memory of the University’s collective knowledge, the trees were also knew much of themselves. Those who would listen in between lectures would learn much of how to care for trees and coax more fruit and nuts from their kin.

Throwing down to bring education and knowledge and order and such back to the University of Omette, with Trees - thats right, trees, running the joint. They also have a bit of agricultural knowledge to share as well.

Mimsy - Dwarfhold

Though Mimsy found the subterranean creatures somewhat repugnant, if Platonis and Gohdog embraced them so then Mimsy would at least bestow a gift upon them. In addition to the many gifts of Platonis, Mimsy added in another.

So that the Dwarves might, in their own way, come to appreciate things that grow they were given a machine that would allow them to grow plenty crops and spices within their deep dwellings. Many different seeds from across the World were provided. That which they liked they could plant more seeds and allow them to prosper. Even in the realm of the Dwarves, with a touch of science and technology, life could find a way.

This is more me gunning for Agriculture than anything, plus payback for Elf-help last year. With interest?

Mimsy - Kesk

A small faction at Elf-Fest broke off from festivities early. They knew their lands were protected by Mimsy, and so it was natural that the Dark Lord’s Empire would attempt to spread into Kesk. They traveled far and wide teaching and proclaiming what is right and good, the appeals of sustainable industry and preservation of nature over clear-cutting and strip-mining and pollution. They gave lessons to healers, and spread word of the rise of the White Mages, and the great Magnus himself. In opposition to Amrom’s influence they instead preached a message of Life, Light, Love, Nature, and Hope.

Sorry man, Elves are getting antsy. I’m going to have to pull a block’n’twist on Amrom’s Keskwide action here.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Maen - Kesk -University of Omette, VS Mimsy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p603kQ57hzE

The trees started to speak of knowledge, yet some would suddenly break their recital. Dry facts suddenly exchanged for low melodious humming, or profound poetry that resonated through the woods. Students would come there and sing along with the trees, or listen to their relaxing poetry under the sweet moonlight. The madness, or perhaps the inspiration would start to spread through them.

I oppose the action at Omette, and will try to twist it. Rather than spreading knowledge and organizing, the trees are going to join in the arts, singing treesongs and reciting poetry.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 30, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Amrom, Kesk, vs. Mimsy

The Elves too.
A poor choice.
We must not be stopped.

Amrom's lich-bodies look disappointed. "We had assumed there had existed an understanding. We did not interfere with your efforts to spread Elves everywhere and create a massive empire, and you did not interfere with our efforts to spread our blessings. It was a happy arrangement, and you hold much more territory and population on this continent than our people do."

"Block if you will. However, if you do this, we may not be able to ignore your backing of the Troll Father and reckless unchecked expansion. When the Light shines upon the Darkness, Shadows will always be cast."

Amrom will attempt to overcome the block if Mimsy goes through with it, but interference with Amrom's big peaceful action will mean I can't promise to keep letting the Elves and Troll Father do whatever they want. Choose carefully.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape, to Maen

"I had forgotten your touch here. I apologize for the intrusion, but it seems we are now locked into a battle of wills I did not anticipate."

Welp.

Mimsy - Mindscape, to Amrom

"The Elves cry out against your growing reach. I am Elven, so their cry is my own."

Mimsy says "bring it" with the light of Simarils in her Eyes.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Maen - Mindscape to Mimsy

"Your trees are still very welcome. They'll simply be changed somewhat. Though you should perhaps save your strength, if you're going to fight the dead, hm? Elves against undead. Two rising forces, clashing. The bards will sing epics on it."

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 30, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - University of Omette, Kesk

"Sister," the wind whistling through the trees of Omette whisper, "you shall not stand alone. The defenders of the weak never truly are. Hark, to the east, hope rises." And lo, white smoke does billow from over the next hill. It is no ill portent, but as the Unnamed God foretold, a beacon of hope, of peace, of love. They rise above the horizon, a grove of burning trees walking upon their roots, marching on the holy town of Omette, branch held in branch, singing the sacred songs of wood and mountain. The Kushents are marching upon Omette, to face their newborn brothers, to embrace them, to let them breathe deeply of the smoke and know peace. It is not theirs to make war, but instead, to love. And yes, they bring love to Omette.

Joining Maen in opposing Mimsy's action. This is going to become a stoner lib arts college from here on out.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Amrom's Mindscape

“Treachery seems to be in Mimsy's own nature. Not only has she turned against you, but also against me. Me, who helped the elves in their time of need, me, who never harmed nature and sought to punish those who would stand in its way. Despite all of this she chose to act against me and my ward.”
“We have been at odds before, but it seems that now we have a common enemy. Perhaps the elves are not long for this world after all. What do you think?”

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Ok! If everyone is done and opposes/counter-opposes are all in, I would like to update. I'll wait until this evening because I know some of you have all day jobs. If there's anything you'd like to change(and no one has already responded to it) then do so now and update the PMs you've sent. If someone wants to negotiate someone out of doing something or blocking now is also the time.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Apparently I can't block Vulin's action in the way I had intend. So disregard that and have this instead.

MImsy - Mount Green

It was time for the Kushents to bud once more. Little Kushlings littered the ground, very few would survive the year and fewer still would grow to adulthood. But the Kushents did not worry about odds or facts, for it was a time of joy.

Even the trampling of the armies of the beastmen would not dampen their celebration, though they would step upon many young and potent Kushlings, and perhaps gorge themselves on the intoxicating, soft little creatures, they too would soon join the celebration and forget their cause.

Raising an opposing army of baby Kushents. They aren’t necessarily fatal, but would cause the beastmen to lose their will to fight. Mechanically the same as killing but hopefully the intended flavor pans out.

Mimsy - Mount Green to Red’s Hoard

Mimsy transported the Eye in an instant.

Teleporting that Eye

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
[i]For clarification: Anyone can block someone from raising the army as that is an influence action. If the army follows a gods direction that's a mortal act. Power is not intended to block those.

Options when someone raises an army:
1. KILL it with ATTACK.
2. OPPOSE its creation or founding with POWER.
3. RAISE your own army with INFLUENCE to fight the other army. (Even if you take it out with peaceful means and the army goes home, its still effectively taken off the board as an army. That's just flavor.)

Flavoring can be different.

You can also:
1. Lead an army astray with INFLUENCE which will delay it.
2. Use INFLUENCE to trap them under a dome, shield the target town or place from them, cloak it, hide it, etc. These are all rough ideas. The army will not be dead, disbanded, and will be otherwise intact to follow more instructions or wait for divine intervention.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Mount Green

Meroth saw the kushlings advance towards the beastmen army. Mimsy's doing, he was sure. He would not allow it, the beastmen must not be stopped by an army of saplings.

A storm gathered over the massive group of kushents. Black clouds towered above them. With the distant crackling of thunder it started to rain. But what fell on the kushlings was not mere water. As the drops hit them their skin started to sizzle. The acid rain slowly ate his way through them, disintegrating them, leaving behind only a thick black slurry.

Maybe later something good could grow out of it, but for now they would be destroyed, allowing the beastmen free passage.

Using attack to destroy Jamez's newly raised kushling army.

Vulin fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 3, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mount Green

"Harumph. The god of destruction acts but does not think. Reacts but does not adapt. Have you no cunning, destroyer?"

Mimsy accelerated the life cycle of the local mosquito population, empowering them to thrive in the wet acid muck. As part of this divinely-induced spawn cycle a unique chemical process occurred. Instead of itchy welts that occurred from a bite, a small amount of psychedelic venom would be injected. Trace amounts each, but the swarms of dire mosquito would add up to send most of the beastmen into a fugue state.

Lets do this again! Making psychedelic dire mosquitos armies! They'll have the beastmen tripping balls so hard they'll forget who they are for a time. Anybody out there who could capitalize on that flavor?

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Mount Green

“Oh, I have no interest in emulating your treacherous ways, dear sister. I prefer to be more honest and open with my allies.”

The temperatures around the dire mosquito swarm plummeted quickly and a harsh wind whipped through them. The acid droplets stopped bouncing off harmlessly from their chitin shell. Small icy blades started to cut into tiny wings and legs, felling them out of the air.

Using attack to destroy Jamez' psychedelic dire mosquito army (didn't expect to ever write that).

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mount Green

The odd weather delayed the Beastmen just long enough for the Beastwomen and children to catch up. Admonishing their sons, brothers, and fathers and demanding they return home to do their duty for their family and community.

I am using influence to raise an "army" of the beastmen's familys to come take them back home. The attack? Guilt.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - Mount Green

Their cries wake him, but he cannot move. He could feel them, His children, the joy of their birth and the terror of their death, their lives all-too painfully short. And so, His withered lips part. And He does not whisper. He does not speak. He screams, His voice shaking the heavens, breaking free of the petty boundaries between the realms.

His rage boils down the mountain, a savage wind blowing from here to Valk. Those battling below and the army Beastmen far away feel the fury of his words. "MEROTH!" The unfaithful are brought to their knees, ears bleeding. "Most foolish of my brothers! How dare you make war upon my mountain? How dare you poison its verdant slopes with your bitter vitriol. How dare you endanger those that I protect? The Kushlings may be a product of Mimsy's meddling, but they are my children still and you murder them in sight of my most holy place. This is my fault. I have been too complacent. Brother, Sister, all the gods must be made to understand that the Green Mountain is sancrosanct." The Beastmen continue to writhe at the sound of the terrible voice of the Unnamed God. "But I will not destroy them. That would only feed you. Only drive you to further offense. No, Brother, instead I shall take your toys away."

The Beastmen bewildered from the pain in their ears, do not realize at first what is happening. When they do, they begin to wail in terror as they unravel as if things made from yarn, then the yarn unraveling to thread, the thread unraveling the fine fibers, and the fibers finally disappearing as if they never were. This is not destruction; the children of Meroth know Destruction. In this, they learn true terror in their last, brief moments, facing the unknown, before being Unmade.

"Perhaps then you and all our brothers and sisters will now understand. I will not tolerate any violations of my home." The wind sighs. "Before I depart, I must ask you, Meroth, did you love your children? If you did, cherish that memory, for it is yours and yours alone now. That is the fate of the Unmade."

Just before turning from the world, He turns his eye upon Mimsy. "Go." And even his voice is gone.

You just had to gently caress around with Mount Green, didn't you? Ignatz is unmaking Meroth's Beastman army as punishment. No mortal will remember them and they will stand as a hole in the memories of those who loved them

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape - Ignatz

"Gone." Mimsy took one last look at the army of Widows and Orphans before all of Mount Green became a blind spot to her.

I will ignore all happenings at Mount Green unless Ignatz specifically calls me in. Leaving the Army of Widows and Orphans to whatever purpose they find. Maybe Ignatz has one for them.

:siren: Unless some new craziness happens I am all set until the next update.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The song of this update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmP3rS6uBDg

Disease - Castle Norn, Fort Kelten, Gartten, GNARM, Port Fold, Port Selino in East Norn (Meroth vs Gohdog)
Winner: Gohdog

Meroth's plague took root and the people despaired, then suddenly were happy. The disease transformed and everyone was merry and loved their brothers peace and happiness reigned. It was amazing. Really.

Slapdown of Meroth, Gohdog wins.

pre:
Cheer	        has been	Advanced
Good Luck	has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Advanced
Peace	        has been	Advanced
Prosperity	has been	Advanced
Terror	        has been	Setback
Conquest? - The entirety of Kesk, minus Mifel, Omette, and the two small towns nearby. (Amrom vs Mimsy) Then (Amrom & Azariah)
Winner: Amrom

Before the power grab by Azariah could take place, the Useless University of Omette and a few other minor holdings found themselves without a country. Mimsy's efforts to stop the unstoppable Amrom indeed became known by mystical sensitives, sorcerers and magi, along with any spiritual folk. The entire nation was soon dazzled and smitten by Azariah and either out of fear or respect bent to his will. An entire nation taken without a shot. All for the Dark Lord to administer to. Education was quick and so were the ways of industry adopted. The land and nature were again raped even more mercilessly than that of the Old Confederacy. Kesk would soon become a trading titan of humongous proportions.

Kesk minus the areas I said now belong under the Dark Lord's banner. Industry and education reigns now in Kesk. But woa woa woa now. Healing? Necromantic healing? No. You want to use influence to make necromancy have healing ok, but you don't get something for nothing here. You stated how necromancy was. Sorcery too isn't really healing so much. Unless you had an idea in your head you didn't share with me, that's not going to work. So no 'sorcery healing' or 'necromantic healing'. It's reaching and too powergamey in system where you are already almost unlimited. I'll say that they learned with science about corpses and the mortal form and that they have an equivalent style of healing. You'll tap medicine.

pre:
Darkness        has been        Advanced
Education	has been        Advanced
Empire          has been        Advanced(Mimsy) and Tapped(Amrom)
Fire	        has been	Advanced
Gluttony	has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Setback
Industry	has been	Advanced
Invention	has been	Advanced
Law	        has been	Advanced
Lore	        has been	Advanced
Medicine        has been        Tapped (Amrom)
Nature	        has been	Setback
Oceans          has been        Setback
Science         has been        Advanced
Sorcery	        has been	Advanced
Undeath	        has been	Advanced
THE NAMELESS OCEANS IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS(Maen)
[Music of the Curse]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx8cSrtPiyc

The curse was one of a fate worse than death. The effect in just a few weeks was instantaneous, terror and horror drove people from the sea and its creatures. Island cultures would rather starve than eat the sacred flesh of dolphins, whales, seals, walruses, and mammals of the sea. Ignorance of what constituted a sentient fish or not drove many not to even eat them. Some however, even more deviant sold a special kind of fish fillet. One that would not trigger any curse guaranteed. Most people didn't ask when this solution presented itself, but the screams in the slaughterhouses sounded eerily human.

Good loving show! Holy poo poo. I got goose bumps here.

pre:
Cheer	        has been	Setback
Curses          has been        Gained for Maen. If you want it you can have it, ffffuck.
Darkness        has been        Advanced
Fertility	has been	Advanced (Fish breed fast you know, so human fish breed fast too. Screaming offspring who know not of the land but scream anyway)
Genetics        has been        Advanced
Industry	has been	Setback (The fishing industry is almost devastated. But there is now a black market! Perhaps a god will tap this?)
Law	        has been	Advanced (Don't gently caress with the sea is the new law)
Legends	        has been	Advanced
Madness	        has been	Advanced
Mysteries	has been	Advanced
Nature	        has been	Advanced
Oceans          has been        Advanced
Perfection	has been	Setback (Mortals now are regressing from oceans and even evolution)
Prophecy	has been	Advanced
Prosperity	has been	Setback
Revenge	        has been	Advanced (Mammals on their fisherman and people benefiting from their deaths)
Sorcery	        has been	Advanced
Terror	        has been	Advanced for Meroth and Tapped by Maen
The Battle of Mount Green, VALK [Ignatz, Mimsy, Meroth]:siren:

The Beastman army marched towards mount green, then were beset by Kushlings, Dire Mosquitos, and finally their families. The acid rain wasn't even the most bizzare act aside from the rain freezing to slay the mosquitos. It was a god of unknowable fearsome ability unmaking the very army itself. The families stood by as their own memories of their fathers and loved ones were erased from their minds and the memory of the world. Children winked out of existence and wives blinked to other places, their husbands not even meeting them therefore they couldn't be here. Those that were left, looked at the mountainside blankly and saw the fires of the monastery in the distance. They made their way toward that light, the doors of the monastery opening. A drooling imbecile opened the door. "Welcome sisters. You have been initiated into the unknowing. Touched by the very essence of ignorance itself. You will become our weapons against knowledge, we will train you. Then we will offer you up to the unnameable one for his desires."

Ok lots of destruction, death, and other poo poo. Nature really didn't win or lose, and Ignatz gets the remaining women not affected by his completely erasing the beastmen from existance. What's left is an army trained by the monks that is 2 Life / 2 Attack. The eye remains under Mount Green, since effectively the blocks were ended by Ignatz. The eye has been teleported to Red's horde, Kwll is making his way there.

pre:
5x the points awarded to the main players in this round because it was a lot of good themed roleplay and stuff.
3x the points awarded to the non-players in this round because the amount of power and action done towards your domains.

Chaos	        has been	Advanced
Death           has been        Advanced
Destruction	has been	Advanced
Fertility	has been	Setback
Hospitality	has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Advanced
Punishment      has been        Gained(Mimsy)
Revenge	        has been	Advanced
Narne - East Norn (Ignatz)

Bill O''Rlyeh chuckled. His fat face looking over the new recruits twisting in the netherverse. He would show them in the dreamtime just how to get closer to the holy one. Somnotheurgy shouldn't work. But it did. The conscious time was spent training with the holy monks of "the order". Soon this new crop would teach others, and they others, until soon the world would be swallowed in bliss and harmony. Bill knew this was the new way, the new path. Dreamers everywhere were open and vulnerable, all he had to do was make them doubt, then they would learn the REAL truth...

Success. Narne is now another enclave of Ignatz's religion.

pre:
Dreams   	has been	Gained(Ignatz)
Education	has been	Setback
Ignorance	has been	Advanced
Inebriation	has been	Advanced
Lies	        has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Advanced
Perfection	has been	Setback
Prosperity	has been	Setback
Travel	        has been	Advanced
Beld(Plationis)

"WE WILL HOLD AN ELECTION!" Screamed the King. Ideas and things ran through his head. He wondered about the bit about Baron Kar Nor's lands though. He was completely unaware that anything was happening there. Later that morning the King of Beld had written all of his dream ideas down in a large red colored volume. He had a meeting with his top general. When the man entered the King demanded to know what exactly was going on over near Baron Kar Nor's lands. The general expressed to the king he had no idea what he was talking about, the confusion helped of course. Helped the general get close enough to kill the king.

"How did he find out?" The general wondered aloud. He called for his loyal men to clean up the mess, he had his own coronation to attend to. Then he paused. A page. A page stuck out of the book. He grasped it. "Pres-i-den-t. President for life. Interesting." Then he began to read. Inventions, thoughts, ideas. The corrupt old monarchy was sitting on this??? The general had felt bad about stealing resources and funds along with maintaining the hostilities with the Baron to mask his eventual coup. The murder? Not so much.

The king isn't smarter but the guy who took over now will be. The benefit is still there and you get the same value for points spent. There are many ideas in the book, its pandora's box, only with more good things than bad poo poo in it. The government in Beld is going to be a sort of democracy. All lower positions are elected, the President is more like a dictator but won't squander the nation's wealth.

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Setback
Education	has been	Advanced
Empire          has been        Setback
Government      has been        Tapped(Plationis)
Ignorance	has been	Setback
Industry	has been	Advanced
Invention	has been	Advanced
Lies	        has been	Setback
Mysteries	has been	Setback
Perfection	has been	Advanced
Delving too deep... - Dwarfhold(Platonis, Mimsy)

The temple of platonis was a wonder. And a treasure. The guide was a curiosity, the cornucopia machine was a wonder, the fusion reactor was-
"Help us open it." One greedy dwarf demanded of the guide. Soon others started shouting at it and hitting the reactor with hammer and axe. "Dig Dig Dig Dig." They chanted. The guide set the cornucopia machine to reproduce itself. Quickly. Soon there were enough Guides to restrain the Dwarves and carry them off above. The guides saw that the dwarves were in the grip of some mania. Eventually, slowly. The dwarves came to their senses after spending a while prisoner in their own homes. The dwarves soon started talking with the guides and learning everything about the gifts left to them. They wouldn't be able to make their own yet, but could use what they had. And they were happy. For once. Agriculture knowledge and seeds provided by a ent-ling and elven delegation soon had some dwarves leaving their forges behind for an underground plowshare. A natural whole-foods style business came into being, only the richest dwarves able to partake of "real food"

Guide Army 20 Life / 20 Attack. Dwarves get: A Cornucopia Machine. And a perfect fusion reactor. Also Seeds and a knowledge of agriculture.

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Setback
Darkness        has been        Setback
Death           has been        Setback
Destruction	has been	Setback
Fire	        has been	Advanced(Nuclear)
Gluttony	has been	Setback
Industry	has been	Setback(They don't have to make many things unless they want to now.)
An army of ADVENTURE! - Narne, East Norn (Cipher)

The adventurers inspired many as they passed through Narne, while no one could quite remember the party makeup, many made their own adventuring parties and soon the mob turned into a fighting force. Brilliant archers, wise seers and wizards, Somnotheurgists, Water Priests, fighters, barbarians, dwarves, elves, halflings, and even an orc or two. The most talented soon joined and even the famed General Thanaton Kree, a lizardman from that ancient race who had fought in many wars over the past thousand years joined up to lead them. Indeed a supreme fighting force made stronger than the sum of its parts.

The Army of Narne Adventurers has 10 Life / 10 Attack. They have positioned themselves against the dark forces but have not moved to strike.
pre:
Adventure       has been        Double-Tapped(Cipher)
Quests	        has been	Advanced
A magical cure - East Norn (Cipher)

Meroth's plague was changed to one of light and laughter by Gohdog, but even so Cipher seeded the dreams of magic users of a new force, one that couldn't be easily tamed or classified. They were like a type of hexmage, able to pull apart spells and workings of the 'Art'. They would help those they could help and then go off to adventure and seek new dangers and new ways to apply their new talent.

Cipher-given magic has created a new form of magic user: The Hexmage. It can't be blocked effectively but neither does it work the same way twice so it is very hard to learn. It won't wipe out the new disease entirely, but its going to be managed really effectively.

pre:
Adventure       has been        Gained(Cipher)
Cheer	        has been	Setback(Even some people don't want to be cursed to be happy all the time!)
Law	        has been	Setback
Peace	        has been	Setback
Quests	        has been	Advanced
Science         has been        Setback
Sorcery	        has been	Setback(Hexmages were made to setback sorcery and its like)
Trees of a different color - University of Omette, Kesk (Mimsy, Maen, Ignatz)

In Omette the trees suddenly became beacons of art and spiritual enlightenment. First Mimsy changed the trees and they could teach again and it was good, soon too did the trees again change and Maen had her sway. The trees included the beauty and art of nature along with beautiful music and it was great. Then did Ignatz add his own gift, and the glowing smoke and brews of the Kushents and Bewents brought enlightening of the spirit if not of the mind.

Ok I hosed up here. I sent you all PMs thinking something was blocked or not etc so to clear it up I'm going to PM you the right poo poo. The trees got twisted basically.
pre:
Art	        has been	Advanced
Ignorance       has been        Advanced
Inebriation	has been	Advanced(Gohdog) and Tapped(Ignatz)
Elf Fest II - Elven Retreat & The World (Mimsy)

Elves everywhere soon began to party down. Dancing, drinking, and generally having a good time. Sylvan and Golden Elves alike found common ground that didn't exist before. Kushents and Brewents along with many elf friends made everything even better. Elves traveled and made merry, unifying like nothing before.

They get along better.

pre:
Elves	        has been	Advanced
Empire          has been        Advanced
Fertility	has been	Advanced
Hospitality	has been	Advanced
Inebriation	has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Advanced
The Fellowship of the King - East Norn(Cipher, Mimsy, Ignatz, Platonis, Maen)

Benjamin Frank, Arman Waverunner, Liana Milanda, and a Nameless Monk along with an elder half-elf druid and his Elven Ranger companion all came together at the Inn of the Broken Anvil. It sat in a little known backwater town that belied its ancient history as a gathering place for heroes. They soon laid out their plans and designs to go to the Dark Lord's lands. Indeed, they were the gathering of the mightiest heroes known...

The more spiritual of their fellowship began a supplication to all of the gods. Each god in turn. They asked where to start their quest, for the hand of Kwll could not be at the site of his former prison.

The Fellowship of the King is a group of heroes, it has: 17 Life / 17 Attack / 16 Influence. They will start out their adventure by searching for the hand of Kwll. Their story arc's end will be ending in a final confrontation with the Dark Lord. There will be divine guidance to start this quest! Whoever wins out, will set the tone of the adventure. Will it be disaster? A fall? or Triumph?

Kwll vs Red - Old Man Red's Mountain, Cult of the Dragon

• Kwll - The Mad Titan: 30 Life / 30 Attack / 0 Influence
VS

• Red, Primordial Dragon of Fire: 35 Life / 35 Attack / 25 Influence

Oh, calamity. Oh the hubris of the gods. For they often acted in ignorance and not in the best interests of the world and were only out for themselves and petty revenge. One would think that Kwll and Red's conflict would be contained to the mountain itself and they would be wrong. For once upon a time, these beings were considered gods too. Red instantly knew that Kwll had breached his hoard and flew into the massive titan with enough force to flatten continents. The resulting shockwave tossed rock and soil into the air and atmosphere for miles as the mountain and mantle beneath suddenly became a storm pelting the western hemisphere with rock, ash, and soil. Tivac, Port Redban, and Whitescar died a smothering horrifing death as skies blackened and the sun disappeared. Arcing lighting composed of the now charged particles of air gave a horrible look to the storm. Sitting at Red's feet, on his knees was Kwll.

He was smiling.

Then Kwll hit Red back.

The Dragon Hurtled like a missile, his mass also not inconsiderable as he hit the waters between The Freebooters and Drune as he circumvented the globe with enough force to make even a real god take pause. The effect was titantic. Walls of water flew out in three directions over 200 feet high. The Isle of the Freebooters was wiped clean. Baltugan, Sandeen, and Silvermane suddenly didn't exist. The lighthouse of Light's Hope remained though all inside were drowned. In Drune the cities of Klemm, Hort Garrison, and Onnah were submerged and everything down to livestock was drug many miles out to sea. Dolphins and Whales tried to help the many foundering humans but couldn't find many that weren't dying or in need of medical skills beyond them. The songs they sang wept for the dead, for were they all not sentients and deserving of life? The third wave went towards Erigon and suddenly was stopped cold by magical force. Along its coast line, Mages from the conclave of the Magi struggled to hold back the force and many tons of water, the many miles covered by every member they could field and it still was almost not enough. But they held. The second blow was over.

Red teleported.

Suddenly on top of Kwll. He dug his claws into the Mad Titan and flung him. As the giant flew, Red started casting spells of unmaking, spells of war, spells of destruction and fire and death. Too many to catch and in multiple dead languages all spoken simultaneously as if from 8 throats Red slung spell after spell against the body and mind of Kwll. Tears appeared in reality as madness and unnatural magic pounded and tore at Kwll, who had now gone limp.

His body struck in the middle of Valk. The crater was massive. It centered on Fort Fax and went as far east and stopping at Mount Green, as far west as Selanz, and as far South as Castle Valk. Fort Fax, Garo, The South Valk Logging site, and Selanz were destroyed in the shockwave and impact. Kwll didn't move. He made small weeping mewling sounds, and could be heard whispering "Brother". And then Red was on him in an instant, tearing out his throat. Digging. Digging deep to what he knew was there. Deep inside. The core of Kwll's being. The spark of half-divinity that made all the pretenders what they were. Burning, white hot heat. He bit into it and then the world erupted in white.

-_-_-_ +Peace. Peace corrupted. Sloth. Apathy. Anti-progress. Regression+_-_-_-

The world was poisoned. Red gained. Red healed, Red gained...something. The hoard was lost but this, this meant more. The little flesh slugs would breed again. Maybe back to what they were in a hundred years or so, who cared. The gods surely didn't. Red knew after consuming Kwll who had fingered him for the crime. He'd tell any god who'd listen who did it, if they cared at all. If not, then why bother telling anyone. Its not like it would matter to him.

Kwll is dead. Long live Red. Red is completely out of Attack and is otherwise unharmed. Aside from the collateral damage of their attacks the world is now poisoned. All mortal beings alive or undead now no longer learn. They no longer aspire to be more. They are no longer war-like or aggressive. They procrastinate. They're lazy. All domains related to this poisoning will lose 50% of points gained.
:siren:All the aforementioned destroyed towns were ANNIHILATED.:siren:

pre:
The following domains are NOT tainted:
Death	       
Elves	        
Fertility	
Fire	       
Good Luck	
Hospitality	
Inebriation	
Law	       
Moon	        
Nature	       
Oceans         
Undeath	       

• The Earth Warden, Titan, Nature Guardian: 40 Life / 30 Attack / 12 Influence

The Earth Warden - Woena, New Elven Empire

The world screamed. Crying out the Earth Warden burst from the rocks and trees in the woods near the New Elven Empire. Tears flowed from her eyes. "Braum, Kwll..." She whispered sadly. It wasn't their fault. It wasn't fair. She didn't blame Red. Much. He did what a dragon naturally would do. He couldn't have acted any other way. Coming upon the towns full of elves, she looked in horror. "How... how could this be allowed to stand?" The perversity of it all. Elves who destroyed nature?! She made he way towards Woena the same purpose as when she walked towards Erigon in her eyes. It was like she was entranced. She could hear the stones, the trees screaming for release from their unnatural positions and slow dying over hundreds of years.

Mimsy suddenly could hear it. Through the Warden's perspective.

Mimsy is linked with this Pretender. She could be sane/insane but you can talk to her before she smashes the town. You get her motives which are to free the poor plants and rocks from their state of unnaturalness. She's not messing with the Old Elves you notice.

• Magnus - The Ultra-Paladin: 40 Life / 20 Attack / 25 20 Influence

Magnus the Purifier - Platonic University, Beld

Humanity suddenly looked listless, especially around the university. Magnus had at first come to burn all the books and then decided to seek out Platonis' great novel and burn all copies but this was something else. DISEASE. TAINT. UNCLEAN ESSENCE. He had felt the conflict between Red and Kwll in an abstract way, and didn't know the extent of the damage as the Earth Warden did. He only saw the people here. They were sick. They needed healing. Grabbing all the doctors and medical students, healers, and other magical and scientific healers he brought them before the statue of Platonis. "I can't ask it as I'm not mortal. Not exactly. I need you all to ask it a healing question. As it answers you, I'm going to purify your souls through its answers. It speaks to your soul, the knowledge of you and your minds. We're going to need every holy healer, healing mage, and men of healing sciences we can to heal just this university."

He looked towards the Heavens and spoke. "Platonis, I do this not for you. But for the people of this world."

Platonic University in Beld is the only population not affected by the Taint. If others wish to boost this action by adding their own and extend the range of cleanup, you can. Magnus is pretty handy to have around eh?

• The Dark Lord, Primordial Scion of Darkness: 45 Life / 20 Attack / 40 Influence

The Dark Lord's Domain, All of it

"What. The. gently caress." His being surged to all points in the empire. No, no fallout here. No, but...FUUUUUCK. Industry ground to a halt. "Who the hell killed someone?! Why? Now we can't do poo poo!" Leaping from body to body the Dark Lord maintained certain empire aspects. The armies. Some of the industry needed to keep things going. But that was it. He wasn't able to do it all.

Dark Lord - Mindscape

To: <"Amrom, we have a problem. Its all broken! Somebody had to have killed someone. One of us old gods. pretenders whatever. In any case, we can't maintain the empire if all these deadites and living scum don't loving do the work!"

The Dark Lord is coping but he's divided into too many tasks.

• Troll Father - Army Breaker, Troll Friend, Defender: 25 Life / 15 Attack / 15 5 Influence

Trollfatehr - The Trollfather's Realm

"NAY! I SAY NAAAAAAAY!" As the wave of corruption tainted the world the Troll Father protected only his loyal children. The disciples of Amrom and Azariah turned into slothful layabouts.

The trolls following the Trollfather are not tainted. Azariah's forces in those lands are in big trouble.

• The MorningStar: 35 Life / 0 Attack / 40 Influence
The Morning Star - The Moon

She saw. She appeared as a female in this incarnation because it pleased her. The Morningstar saw it all from the moon. It was beautiful. The now lazy thinking mortals would be extremely gullible and prone to her manipulations. She wondered to herself though, did the taint taint the mortals or the world? She teleported one to her side. He expired quickly as he faced the lack of air, pressure, and atmosphere. "It must be both."

She's reassessing her options.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Cult of the Dragon, Old Man Red's Mountain

What a mess.
Mimsy and Meroth are as bad as Maen.
Perhaps alliteration has some meaning.

The lich-bodies appear deep within the treasure-horde, far away from any prying eyes. Quickly, they identify the eye which caused this horrible crisis. "Death is our dominion. This foolish artifact has caused more than its share. We will retain it until a worthy purpose for the eye makes itself clear." With Kwll's death, it fell to them to take stewardship of the Eye until its purpose became clear.

Amrom is going to teleport down, quickly remove the eye from the mortal world, then de-manifest and keep the eye with him.

Amrom, The World, Hand of Kwll

Adventurers.
They seek the Hand of Kwll.
But does anyone know where it is?

Amrom noticed that the adventurers gathered. In their current state, the Dark Lord and his armies would eliminate them, but that confrontation would be wasteful, a pointless drain which would benefit only Meroth. No, it was time to be more clever. Amrom would find the Hand of Kwll and then ascertain its purpose and what ought to be done with it. If these adventurers killed another pretender, the fallout could bring this world to an end.

As an afterthought, they thought that it also might be worthwhile to look for any other items of cosmic power unearthed by Kwll's dramatic death. Those, too, could be just as problematic if battles over them were to begin.

Amrom is looking for Kwll's missing hand and any similar items. IAC, I am interesting in divining their locations.

Amrom, The Dark Lord, Southwest Continent, Dark Lord's Dominion, Dark Lord's Mindscape

Recoverable.
This may advance our relative position.
Death's role is to manage tragedy and loss.

"We know, Dark Lord, we know. Kwll is dead, and his death curse has left nearly all beings in a deplorable state of Sloth. However, our territory grows larger, and Magnus has demonstrated it is possible to cleanse beings of this curse." They calmly survey the scene and develop a plan of action for the Dark Lord. "We will purify the souls here, on this continent. It is the most at-risk due to all of the massing of enemies and wanton destruction. Then, we will begin work on the southeastern continent, and then, ultimately, it will be this Empire which proves to be the most resilient and functional." They explain further, "We will send out doctors to heal the body, and whatever sorcerers and necromancers retain their passion to reignite the fire in their minds that made them long for power and knowledge like ours. It is possible to cure this blight. We have seen it done."

"And beware the adventurers. They are not to be underestimated. Many Gods back them, and right now, they are even more dangerous than the Dragon."

With that, Amrom proceeds to inspire those who did not succumb to break the curse which held their fellows in thrall. They go out into the towns and cities and through a combination of magic, impassioned speeches, and bringing back memories, hopefully their spirits would be restored and they would remember what motivates them.

Advising the Dark Lord to stay on guard while I purify his area on the Southwestern Continent within the Darklord's Dominion first; That means the Tower, Morag Mar, the Castle, Dern, the undead population of Kline that I revived, Fort Neem, and Cankine.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 10, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Maen - The Sunken Freebooter Isles

Maen looked with consternation as all this happened. "These pretenders." She said with a harsh voice. "This is our world. Our mortals. To protect and to torment. To inspire and to educate. To curse and to bless. What are these things lesser than us that would spoil our works, through their life or their death?" She remained unmoved by the deaths of thousands of mortals. But then the Isles of the Freebooters were swallowed by the waves, and she shook her head. "No! Those favoured by Maen shall not die by the ocean's embrace!"

And she made a demand of the waters, and the waters obeyed. And so, even as each freebooter, fisherman, man child or woman from the Freebooter isles, swallowed by the waves opened their mouths and let the waters flood in their lungs in a last fatal attempt to gain air, they would find this brought not death, but new life. The transformation would likely frighten them, with the curse of the Fish Men still fresh in their memory. But even as they grew gills and their skin turned to emerald scales, their limbs remained mostly the same, simply growing webs between fingers and toes to better survive under the sea. They were no longer human, it was true. They were merfolk. Always these people had lived close to the sea, now they would call it home forever. They could be on land for brief sojourns, but never too long. The whales and dolphins would soon find that new songs would join their dirges, though confused and still lessened.

Use Influence to save everyone on the Freebooter isles and turn them into Merfolk. They can function perfectly underwater, speaking and using tools, but they can only remain above water for hours at a time.

Maen - The Moon

That said, Maen returned to her first home, on the distant cold moon, where she encountered another figure. "Ah, the one that sought entrance to this world." Her eyes were stormy though. "Know that you stand on my domain, and what transpired here has made my mood most sour. Tell me then, what are you, and what do you seek?"

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 10, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - The Moon

Wordlessly, He makes His decision. Time is so precious now. With one Pretender dead at terrible cost, to hesitate now could spell ruin. Containment would be all that he could manage. At times like these, even the gods must pray.

A pale foot touches down, leaving an indelible impression in the virgin regolith. His limbs are long, seeming terribly frail. His six arms end in six delicate hands, skin wrapped taut around bone. His body is tall, more than twenty feet, yet he does not reach above the confines of the crater. His ribs are clearly visible with his skin drawn so tightly 'round his chest. His small stomach is distended, in the manner of those near death from hunger. He appears as if hours from death from deprivation, whether thirst or hunger or sleep, none who witness it can tell. There is not a scrap of cloth on his body to preserve his modesty or shield him from the elements. Looking upon his face one can tell the true cause for the suffering of the Unnamed One; eyes so weary, the deep lines in the face.

It is fortunate that what is about to come shall occur so far from mortals, for they cannot behold Ignatz. Should the incautious be gazing at the moon with farseeing devices, they would be struck blind. Should they try to speak of what they saw, they would be struck dumb. And should any hear these words, they would be struck deaf. To protect them, he must protect them from himself, from knowing.

The Unnamed God rises, slowly cresting the rim of the crater, a relic of ancient destruction. He leaves it behind, perhaps for the scene of the great devastation of the new age.

He comes before the Morningstar, barely regarding his Sister. Eyes open, ears uncovered, hands unburdened, he Speaks. The words of a god require no medium, they are carried by intent alone. The invader does not hear with her ears, this single word uttered in the cold void resonates in her very soul. With intent and purpose so clear, how can he not be heard. "Leave," he says, and not another word.

As a duly designated representative of this world, Ignatz is giving Morngingstar ten seconds to cease any and all supernatural activity and return to her place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension. And yes, I am a god.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 11, 2014

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Red's Mindscape

“You fought well. What do you plan to do next now that you have killed Kwll? Will you take revenge on those that send him to his death?”

Meroth - Morningstar's Mindscape

Meroth regarded the gathering on the moon with a sly smile. “I, Meroth ,the lord of destruction, allowed you entry into this world, so I will make you an offer: Pledge your allegiance to me and you gain my protection. I will not command you around, I only require you to spread your dominion over the world and take what you regard as your own. I have already seen some of what you can do I'm excited to see more of it.”

Meroth - Earth Warden's Mindscape

“I did not desire the death and destruction caused by the fight between Red and Kwll. A tortured being such as Kwll deserved more compassion. First Braum so long ago and now Kwll, this must be hard for you. You were close to both of them, weren't you? I hope you are not angry with my ward, Red, he only acted in self defence. Perhaps you should work together with Red and find out who send Kwll to his death.”

Meroth - Ignatz's Mindscape

“Your righteous wrath is inspiring, brother, but it is misplaced. The Morningstar is no threat to you, I can promise you. You should be more worried about the Dark Lord. Amrom is already undoing the curse that affected the world after Kwll's death. Soon their armies will be marching again and they will try to exploit the weakness of the nations around them.”

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Amrom - Kwll's hand, The Tree of Life, Elven Retreat

In the Ancient forest of the elves buried inside of the tree of life, the hand of Kwll was contained. Elves had come across it in the distant unremembered past and placed it there as the World Tree grew. Eventually the metallic-like gauntlet was grown around and soon inside of the tree itself, its power giving the green eternal forest its protection and sliver of eternity.

Amrom finds it. You can teleport it out of the tree if you wish.
  • Other items found around the world in a non-specific way:
    • The Libram of Silver Magic
    • Iron Heart of Thule
    • Egg of Najak
    • The Mantle of Deep Meaning

The Morningstar - The Moon

The Morningstar was ancient and possibly not completely sane. For even some immortal beings have lived too long. Her eyes were those of a cat then a reptile before settling on something far more tame. Warmly she greeted Maen with a deep deferential bow. "Mother Moon, I greet you and honor you in this space." She gestures to the lifeless rock around her. There was no denying its subtle beauty and quiet. "I seek only change, change at a bargain. It may unseat lawful kings, raise up the random beggar and turn fact into fiction and back again. Everything has its price, and I mean to do business with the mortal world. I do not seek to ruin godly works without gain or profit."

She spun around almost whimsically. "I hunger for the souls of men. I cannot help it. My nature requires I give them things in return. I am not as great as the gods nor do I seek conflict with them."
Hope that's answer enough!

The Morningstar turned to Ignatz. Her face blank. "No."
"You don't possess the Iron Heart of Thule. You can kill us, but you can't bind us. Look for it now if you wish. The minor cataclysm should have awakened other artifacts."

She turned back to Maen. "What a rude fellow."

The Morningstar - Mindscape

To Meroth: <"With or without my allegiance I can offer you the same behavior on my part. I'll take your protection and do as you wished anyway. How is that for a bargain?">

If you offer protection you literally have to give it. You're making a deal with this thing, you might find if you try to get out of it that any damage that happens to her will happen to you. If you agree she's going to give you a show. Knowing you have her back will embolden her a ton.

Red - Mindscape

To Meroth: <"Ha, a little beyond me. I am a little full and glutted at the moment. I need...rest. For now. Do you have a suggestion for a new home for me?">

Hmm another mountain, perhaps a dwarf kingdom, somewhere...

Earth Warden - Mindscape

To Meroth: <"I would love to know, but I am about to be a little busy for a while. I need to destroy an abomination against nature.">

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - The Moon

There is no warning. No breath, no stray move betrays his action. Faster than a thought, the Unnamed One appears before the Morningstar. In the cold, barren void no ordinary fire can survive, but the God of Fire is not restrained by such petty bonds. His word shatters the vital elements present in the regolith, his breath kindling a fire brighter than the sun.

In a silent cataclysm of stone and dust and strange fire, the intruder flies, barely reined in by the moon's feeble pull. When she comes 'round once more, he seizes her in all six of his hands. Like a dog tearing into meat, he digs into the unreal flesh of the Morningstar with his slender fingers and casts it off into the void to dissolve into nothing and never-was. Only now does he speak, only now does he betray his rage. "You were a fool to come here and a greater fool still to stay. There will be nothing left of you. Not a trace. And none shall remember you, save for the gods." He rips free another gobbet of flesh. "I will protect them from things like you. Those that batter at the gates of heaven, who lurk beyond the fire's glow. Unto the last breath, I will stand against beasts like you who only see them as prey. Even if I must use my very flesh to shield them from harm. That is because I am no mere pretender. For I am Blissful Ignorance. I am the White Lie. I am the Fire That Serves. And you...are no more."

Attacking the Morningstar. Sorry dudes, Ignatz is not going to suffer an extradimensional intruder!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Meroth can most likely step into the fight in her place, if he says he is going to protect her. Then, the god with the higher divinity gets to strike first.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom - Kwll's hand, The Tree of Life, Elven Retreat

Mimsy wouldn't like this.
It will even things out after her stunts.
We would never let real harm come to the Elves anyway.

Amrom is pleased. Within the deep forest, they had accomplished what Kwll could not; The Eye and Hand are reunited. In this time of uncertainty, perhaps the ancient once-great beings, Kwll and Braum, could light the way. Kwll was no more than a mad beast when awakened, but it was clear that once there was something far more there. Perhaps together, the secrets of those mysterious wounded beings would be clear. Or, perhaps it would be clear that the items were so dangerous that they should be taken to Amrom's piece of the netherworld and never touched again.

At any rate, they were even with Mimsy now. Hopefully this drat fool thing on the Moon will blow over.

Going to take the Hand in the same way and investigate what properties the Hand and the Eye seem to have when united.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The Hand of Kwll and the Eye of Braum
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TGlPR48Ins

Within Amrom's hands sat the Hand of Kwll and the Eye of Braum. Viewing the dimension beyond through the eye, Amrom could see the countless aeons of figures collected there. Collected. Hmm. This plane was not accessible to any god or being of this world. Even more interesting. Only through the eye could one see into it. Amrom couldn't go there oddly enough. He turned his attentions to the hand. Nothing. Until he turned it towards the eye and he felt a pull. A pull that reached through the eye and beyond into this place of those not dead, not undead, but somehow trapped mortally wounded and alive. The figures were powerful. Animals, people, plant creatures and wonders with horrors. The eye would let the person access and see into the world, the hand would call forth whatever one was viewing. That was a certainty.

To use them a god would have to gouge out his own eye and sever their own hand. Then replace them with the hand and eye. Amrom would no longer be three separate beings if he did this and the cost to him would be enormous should he want to try. The benefits though...well they weren't quite quantified but he could feel they could justify such a cost. Just what sort of beings were Kwll and Braum to have such power? Maybe their quarrels kept this world safe from invaders.

The objects whispered to Amrom. "It was a gift from Mother and a punishment from Father."

Amrom's senses snapped back into himself. The world was here before his coming, what else used to exist here? Not gods but, strange things.

The basics: The Eye will let you see into this other plane and you can look at any kind of being trapped there. The hand will let you call forth anything from that world. To use them you need to maim yourself. When you have integrated the eye and hand the consequences will be determined by me and the costs to you and any character modifications will be hashed out with me. If you say yes to this, there are other mechanical things that will limit the powers and tell you their scope etc.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 11, 2014

• Locked thread