Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Joe Thorton sounds like he's about to commit seppuku with his hockey stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Veskit posted:

I want Trotz, i've always wanted trotz. :smith:

i think he'd do well in SJ, but really won't be at all surprised to see him go to a young team he can still develop.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Aces High posted:

how is the defense pool looking this off-season :smith:
Derek Morris is available! He's familiar with the area it'll be perfect.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Avs pull Roy with 3:13 left in the period to put an extra Assistant Coach on the bench.

What's up thread. I'm looking forward to discussing how lots of things aren't Todd McLellan's fault :allears:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Clutterbuck for El Nino lmao

God I hope garth starts the season with Poulin in net

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

So out of morbid curiosity how often does a team lose 4 in a row in the playoffs after winning 3?

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Chicken Doodle posted:

So out of morbid curiosity how often does a team lose 4 in a row in the playoffs after winning 3?

By being the San Jose Sharks.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Clutterbuck for El Nino lmao

God I hope garth starts the season with garth in net

Chicken Doodle posted:

Extremely, extremely rarely. This is #4 in the history of the NHL

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

God I remember what a loving knot it tied in my stomach when the Canucks almost did it in 2011. I feel for ya Sharks fans.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I really hope the Avs being a couple pieces away helps them get some good defenseman in FA on cheap deals because goddamn our back line is sorry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Infidel Castro posted:

That's a dangerous combination right there. Nevermind letting him greave, you ought to call and make sure he isn't, well, planning on doing anything rash.

His team won the Super Bowl, I think that's enough to sustain him for now.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

seems appropriate

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Volkerball posted:

I really hope the Avs being a couple pieces away helps them get some good defenseman in FA on cheap deals because goddamn our back line is sorry.

Matte Cooke is sitting in his evil lair, cackling maniacally

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Awesome Welles posted:

Joe Thorton sounds like he's about to commit seppuku with his hockey stick

Wound went wide.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxhawk Express posted:

At the start of the season, I would've been happy if the Avs squeaked in as a 7 or 8 seed and bowed out.

This season was drat fun. :unsmith:

It really was magical. So many pulled goalie goals and OT wins. Hope they can keep it rolling next year.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Chicken Doodle posted:

IIRC in NHL/NBA/MLB it has happened 13 times total combined. Jeff Carter and Mike Richards have done it twice.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

deafmute posted:

IIRC in NHL/NBA/MLB it has happened 13 times total combined. Jeff Carter and Mike Richards have done it twice.

So Jeff Carter and Mike Richards are the devil, that's what you're saying.

(Except when they're playing for Team Canada, of course)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

deafmute posted:

5 (4 NHL + 1 MLB) total and Carter was injured during one of those he was supposed to be in.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I posted about it before but as mentioned above, it's never happened in the NBA, and coming back from 3-1 to win the series has only happened eight times, for perspective.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Mason says he did indeed have a concussion and was experiencing headaches up until night before Game 4.

Great loving job Flyers medical staff :psyduck:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Man bad luck for San Jose.. also bad coaching - why was Mike Brown a regular roster player again?

San Jose has historically done very well in trades, so there's a chance they may be back better next season. At the very least it's fairly likely they won't get screwed by the playoff format again next year.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Sorry Sharks and Flyers fans, I should have known better than to cheer for your teams, it only brings sadness :smith:

Also welcome Avs fans.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Wound went wide.

:drat:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

HookShot posted:

Sorry Sharks and Flyers fans, I should have known better than to cheer for your teams, it only brings sadness :smith:

Also welcome Avs fans.

No apologies needed. Most of us in FAS have become numb to the pain already. Getting eliminated from the playoffs is as routine as birthdays or Memorial Day in these parts.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Canucks and Sharks, spiritual brothers.

Also, I'd be fine with either Trotz or McLellan, just lock one of them up soon please and thank you.

Watching guys like Boudreau and Sutter adapt and learn how to keep winning in the modern NHL (heck even loving Mike Keenan evolving a bit!), just makes me hate Torts that much more. Go away you caveman gently caress.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I can't want the Kings or Ducks to win gently caress what am I supposed to do with myself? Is it ok to route for Boudreau to win? I love that guy. I guess it's also ok to want Selanne to win. Can someone like, baptize me after the next round from wanting a rival to win so I can be ok with certain people being happy?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

deafmute posted:

Mason says he did indeed have a concussion and was experiencing headaches up until night before Game 4.

Great loving job Flyers medical staff :psyduck:

What did they do wrong?

He didn't play with symptoms, right?

Concussions are weird things and guys react to them differently. Not everyone who gets hit in the head stops being able to play hockey.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

Veskit posted:

I can't want the Kings or Ducks to win gently caress what am I supposed to do with myself? Is it ok to route for Boudreau to win? I love that guy. I guess it's also ok to want Selanne to win. Can someone like, baptize me after the next round from wanting a rival to win so I can be ok with certain people being happy?

You may watch that series, you may not root for it or for any other team. It is permitted to cheer for Iggy to win the Cup, all else is haram.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Veskit posted:

Despite absolutely loathing Richards and Carter, I cheered for the Kings in 2012 just because it meant Ron Hextall got his name on the Cup. Rationalising makes it much easier, trust me.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

What did they do wrong?

He didn't play with symptoms, right?

Concussions are weird things and guys react to them differently. Not everyone who gets hit in the head stops being able to play hockey.
I'm pretty sure that the concussion protocol is that you're supposed to be 100% symptom free for 48 hours before playing. The medical staff is responsible for the safety of the players and if they allow them to play while having any symptoms it can cause additional impacts to generate substantially more severe trauma. Thinking that people can or should play through traumatic brain injuries is a gigantic issue.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
.....I'm home. :smith:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

LumpyGumby posted:

.....I'm home. :smith:

Keep safe man, the future is bright for the avs

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Trevor Bird posted:

trotz works with the rosters he's given. he's had high scoring teams and low scoring teams. give him the roster for the uptempo style, and you'll get fast, high-scoring hockey. he's not "rigid" and he doesn't have problems adapting.

really hope he doesn't go to vancouver just so i don't have to hear poo poo like that though. not you, i just know the media would be all over it after 2 weeks. i think he'll go to a young team like the panthers anyway.

I bet the Penguins would hire Trotz if they fired Bylsma. Shero has the Nashville connection. I'm sure he'd love to have Trotz if he loses faith in Dan.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Ginette Reno posted:

I bet the Penguins would hire Trotz if they fired Bylsma. Shero has the Nashville connection. I'm sure he'd love to have Trotz if he loses faith in Dan.

incoming extension-extension

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.
I wonder if Torts would've been given a second chance if he hadn't tried to storm the Calgary lockerroom.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Captain Geech posted:

I wonder if Torts would've been given a second chance if he hadn't tried to storm the Calgary lockerroom.

Oh, but it turned in to such lovely AV material

(don't worry, Coach Totoro will be back even if Coach Totoro isn't back)

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Captain Geech posted:

Doubt it. It just makes it easier to get rid of him.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Captain Geech posted:

honestly ill bet gillis and torts are here if he didnt do that

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So what do Van fans really expect out of this team? Are they gonna go rebuild mode and trade away Edler and Kessler or try to pull something together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

JawKnee posted:

Keep safe man, the future is bright for the avs

I know. And I'm glad we didnt turn into the Oilers 2.0, and this year was better than I ever thought it would be.

But drat that loss stung. Probably not as bad as SJ, but between and the Superbowl, its starting to get annoying the limp dick performances we're pulling off in the playoffs.

• Locked thread