Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The first half of that owned. WeeLC, Shield vs Evolution, and the other matches were all good, then it fell off a cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't understand how wrestling fans who are mostly at the very least in our mid 20's don't have a love for stupid goofy poo poo?

A huge bunch of loving losers that pay for Meltzer's "wrestling scoops" and want to see 70's indie shows. It's a very small group.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Your Friend posted:

I didn't get home in time and only got to watch Cena/Wyatt and Daniel Bryan/Kane. It seems the Shield match was the talk of the PvP; anything else to look forward to?

WeeLC was legit good.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
That PPV was really good, wrestling is at it's best when it's goofy and over the top. It sounds like some would prefer Firstname Lastnames Doing Moves and there is plenty of that on the WWE Network: It's like Netflix, but better!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

That sure was a WCW pay-per-view, all right.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
Loved the guy in the Ziggler shirt getting RKO'd in the background of this post-show.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I really think even the goofy poo poo at the end of Cena/Wyatt wouldn't have been so bad if Cena hadn't Hoganed over all of them. There's mind gaming Cena with a creepy child, and then there's literally being saved *by* a creepy child. You and your two friends.

Yes but what if that child is the speeded up reincarnation of jesus, the ultimate warrior, vince mcmahon and john cena all in one body?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

Not everyone grew up on the WWF and those that didn't thought the stupid goofy poo poo was the worst part of WCW.

I didn't grow up with WWF and I love this goofy poo poo, they should give me more.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't understand how wrestling fans who are mostly at the very least in our mid 20's don't have a love for stupid goofy poo poo?

Decently done goofy poo poo, yeah. I can't believe how non-dramatic that flaming table spot was. I mean, as soon as Kane starts setting it up you know he's the one going through it, but I at least expected Bryan to do an actual move. Not 'oh no he SHOOK THE ROPES later Kane!'

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Good undercard with awful Main Event matches (not counting Shield/Evolution)? Sounds pretty WCW.

I enjoyed it, I think even WWE knew that the Bryan/Kane feud was stupid and booked it as carny as they could because what the hell else could they do?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There's good goofy poo poo like WeeLC.

Then there's stupid poo poo like Wyatt vs. Cena.

One's fine because you're obviously not supposed to take it seriously and it's well done for what it is whereas you're supposed to take Deep Voiced Demon Kid seriously.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Except WCW pay-per-views were terrible, and this was good, so ???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

WeeLC was good goofy. The last 90 minutes of the show were bad goofy.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Selane posted:

Decently done goofy poo poo, yeah. I can't believe how non-dramatic that flaming table spot was. I mean, as soon as Kane starts setting it up you know he's the one going through it, but I at least expected Bryan to do an actual move. Not 'oh no he SHOOK THE ROPES later Kane!'

*Kane then spends 0.3 seconds on fire before being assaulted by a man with a fire extinguisher for 10 seconds*

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
After watching the replay of last years show I had low low expectations but that was a good show!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'd go:

Good
WeeLC
Shield/Evolution
BNB/Big E

Bad
Cena/Wyatt
Rusev

There
Paige/Tamina
Cesaro/RVD/Swagger
Kane/Bryan

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Korelle posted:

Except WCW pay-per-views were terrible, and this was good, so ???

That was an awful pay per view with two good matches. And one of those was on the pre-show so it doesn't count.

Edit: Actually I take that back, I liked Barrett/Big E too.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

When HHH fingerpoke of dooms Bryan for the WWEWHC title at Wrestlemania next year and Bryan joins Evolution, then you guys can grump about how WCW it is.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Fair to Midland posted:

A huge bunch of loving losers that pay for Meltzer's "wrestling scoops" and want to see 70's indie shows. It's a very small group.
I'd much rather talk to people that know what they want to watch rather than babies that whine impotently about their preconceptions of what other people want to watch.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
We can always count on the Shield to be terrific.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
That ending would have been cool it that guy hadn't sprayed Kane down for like an hour.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean I'd never call Bryan/Kane the match of the year or whatever, but seriously how can you not love a match that involved a forklift, flaming tables, and a dude getting hit by a ring apron and selling it like a folding chair and ended when a man called a fire demon got sprayed with fire extinguishers that he sold as way more dangerous than the fire?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

For some reason wrestling fans take their poo poo very seriously. You can't even joke or goof around without being called out, even on a comedy forum. I mean the biggest legend is an MMA Zombie. How is that not hilarious?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'd go:

Good
WeeLC
Shield/Evolution
BNB/Big E

Bad
Cena/Wyatt
Rusev

There
Paige/Tamina
Cesaro/RVD/Swagger

I thought the three way was good too.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Holy poo poo do they always do this press conference stuff after now? I've never watched these before.

Crowe
Sep 10, 2003
Where is the bomb!?
I really enjoyed that show. I like fun and that was fun.

Interesting fact - every single winner tonight is an alumni of NXT!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Hahaha, what the gently caress is this press conference?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MassRafTer posted:

I thought the three way was good too.

Commentary and Swagger killed it for me, but it got better when it was just RVD/Cesaro

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Gatts posted:

For some reason wrestling fans take their poo poo very seriously. You can't even joke or goof around without being called out, even on a comedy forum.

no jokey jokes

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Well, in any case I think we can all agree the right people won every match.

Torito over Horn woggle.
Cesaro over RVD/Swagger
Barrett over Big E
Rusev over R-Truth/Xavier Woods, meh, we'll call this one a draw
The Shield over Evolution
Wyatt over Cena
Paige over Tamina
Bryan over Kane.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

HulkaMatt posted:

Holy poo poo do they always do this press conference stuff after now? I've never watched these before.

This is a first, and Kane will probably murder him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pariah Rex posted:

That ending would have been cool it that guy hadn't sprayed Kane down for like an hour.

And immediately. There's no point in doing the spot if he's going to be hit with the extinguishers the second he goes through. If the spot is too dangerous to do without making it a joke, just don't do it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
John Cena suuuuuuucks

John Cena suuuuuuuuucks~

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha this press conference is silly.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sky Shadowing posted:

Well, in any case I think we can all agree the right people won every match.

Torito over Horn woggle.
Cesaro over RVD/Swagger
Rusev over R-Truth/Xavier Woods, meh, we'll call this one a draw
The Shield over Evolution
Wyatt over Cena
Paige over Tamina
Bryan over Kane.

Barrett too!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Pariah Rex posted:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:stare: They do loving press conferences now?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Oh god kayfabe press conferences

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah I liked the triple threat, Swagger's death sequence was cool and RVD did his best RVD impression in some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'd go:

Good
WeeLC
Shield/Evolution
BNB/Big E

Bad
Cena/Wyatt
Rusev

There
Paige/Tamina
Cesaro/RVD/Swagger
Kane/Bryan

I'd move Rusev to "There" since he actually did some cool stuff but the match itself did nothing either way. Otherwise agreedo.

• Locked thread