Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

DJExile posted:

Phil Mushnick - For saying Donald Sterling was lynched, blaming AP for the death of his son, and everything he wrote about DeSean Jackson. If there's more of a racist pearl-clutcher than him, I'm not sure who it is.

I forgot about this. I also would like to throw a vote Phil Mushnick's way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I refuse to vote for any outright or borderline evil people. What's the point? It's not interesting one bit. It's not humorous. I'd rather laugh as shitheads and jackasses and obnoxious fucks face off for title of Douchebag of the Year.

Richie Incognito - So frat-boy-douche he drove another player to a mental breakdown. Slayed cray pussy. Beat up his own Ferrari. Has a tiny face.
Taylor Lewan - Loves the game of football above all else, that his immediate response to finding out that a teammate might face Difficulties was to harass and threaten a victim. Has a douche face.
Nolan Nawrocki - Race-baiter with some amusingly snipey and passive-aggressive attempts at taking down players.
Russell Wilson - Won the Super Bowl, divorced his wife. Trading up for a new contract and new wife at the same time!

Bret Bielema:

Also:

Phobeste posted:

The nameless seahawks fan throwing poo poo on NaVarro Bowman because c'mon, man.

A vote for the nameless seahawks fan throwing poo poo on NaVarro Bowman, then.

Brannock fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 5, 2014

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
it makes me really happy that my blatantly hypocritical seahawks trolling is gaining traction

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Taylor Lewan

for threatening victims, playing dirty and I mean gently caress just look at the guy

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I would like to nominate in the wildcard category An anonymous scout for making this extra two weeks of draft coverage intolerable. Not a single scout seems willing to say anything about any player on the record, even if its something basic. This nominee also includes the reporters who are making poo poo up because they have nothing better to do.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Darren Rovell for being a penis.

http://deadspin.com/these-emails-confirm-that-espns-darren-rovell-is-a-sens-1572043642

Seriously, though, this guy is the ultimate in brand and corporate rear end sniffing. Currently everything that is wrong with business reporting.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Technowrite posted:

http://deadspin.com/these-emails-confirm-that-espns-darren-rovell-is-a-sens-1572043642

Seriously, though, this guy is the ultimate in brand and corporate rear end sniffing. Currently everything that is wrong with business reporting.

Hahaha I remember the fight with PFT commenter but didn't know about the rest of it.

+1 for Darren Rovell

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Technowrite posted:

Oh my, yes. Okay, I'll vote for this dildo.

Darren Rovell

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 5, 2014

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Kalli posted:

Oh my, yes. Okay, I'll vote for this dildo.

Mind bold ing that so I don't miss it in my daily tally?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
That's perfect. Another vote for Darren Rovell.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You know who needs more nominations? Rick Reilly, for blatantly misquoting his Native American father-in-law to defend the Redskins name, then refusing to retract himself when his father-in-law called him out on it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Benne posted:

You know who needs more nominations? Rick Reilly, for blatantly misquoting his Native American father-in-law to defend the Redskins name, then refusing to retract himself when his father-in-law called him out on it.

poo poo, every time I think I remember all the news stories, I forget one

+ 1 for Rick Reilly

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Benne posted:

How the hell did I forget THAT? Jeez, +1 for this because seriously gently caress Rick Reilly.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Benne posted:

Oh yeah gently caress Rick Reilly +1

Also a nom forBrian Schottenheimer for murder of passing offense and nepotism.

Northwestern for bribing players from unionization because that would distract the team from their goal of winning the Big Ten.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
If it hasn't been already, I'd like to nominate the NCAA for being "the most reprehensible organization God ever created."

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2014/02/ncaa_is_evil.php

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2013-12-19/the-ncaa-is-even-more-evil-than-you-think

http://www.salon.com/2000/10/13/ncaa_2/

http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_23124265/opinion-ncaa-is-evil-empire

http://gregmankiw.blogspot.com/2009/03/is-ncaa-evil.html

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Jimmy Haslam for scamming truckers by not honoring fuel rebates and selling them season tickets. Pretty sure he makes personnel descisions with a magic eightball.

Face is very punchable.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Colin Kaepernick because a Raiders fan on my facebook shared a chainletter where he didn't stop to take a picture with a six year old during a movie. Total douche material there.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Derrick Coleman, because I read an article that was all about how he doesn't listen to anyone, about anything. There's even a TV commercial complaining about what a self centered douche he is.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Derrick Coleman, because I read an article that was all about how he doesn't listen to anyone, about anything. There's even a TV commercial complaining about what a self centered douche he is.

Kaep doing the same thing to screaming fans that showed up to watch him get off a bus. :colbert: Douche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-j4n-sna6Y

But I'll second that Coleman vote. I kept screaming his name at one of the games and he didn't turn around and acknowledge me once.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I've just forwarded all the posts of people who voted for Darren Rovell to the appropriate mods. Enjoy your permabans. :smug:

The Rick Reilly story seems like forever ago. It is kind of depressing just how many awful people there are in the world of sports. Remind me not to look at current events or I might just kill myself.

EDIT: In case it isn't clear, I am voting for the above douchey individuals.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Why are we voting for an old Syracuse forward again?

Noms for Darren Rovell, Rick Reilly, and Phil Mushnick as well.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'll second Colin Cowherd, Jimmy Haslam, Taylor Lewan, Emmert, Schiano and Nawrocki.

e: Have I missed a limit of how many people you can second or nominate somewhere? If so I have those mostly in order of preference I think.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I don't know if Emmert has been nominated for the HOF, but if not I will throw his name in.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

All of this and no Joe Buck?

- Hilariously bad commentator.
- Gained and retains his job through nepotism of his father Jack Buck.
- Douche for the single reason of having to listen to him throughout the season, especially during prime time games.

And +1 for Rick Reilly

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

On that note:

The NFC East

For being on every single possible prime time slot, for even the worst sort of football between two bad teams.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Grittybeard posted:

I'll second Colin Cowherd, Jimmy Haslam, Taylor Lewan, Emmert, Schiano and Nawrocki.

e: Have I missed a limit of how many people you can second or nominate somewhere? If so I have those mostly in order of preference I think.

During the nominations, you can vote for as many douches as you want.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Seconding Ray Rice, Richie Incognito, Taylor Lewan, Arian Foster, Roger Goodell, Greg Schiano, Nolan Nawrocki, Jeff Fisher, Colin Kaepernick (because he filmed that commercial before he bothered to win in Seattle) and Russell Wilson (because he bowls with Justin Bieber).

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy
Throw in another vote for Mike Shanahanigans and also Jeff Ireland please because they are both monumental gently caress ups and rich because of it

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

OxySnake posted:

All of this and no Joe Buck?

I can't stand him so that's good enough reason for me to vote Joe Buck every year.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Seconding Incognito, Aldon Smith, Winston, McCarron, Lewan, Goodell, Emmert, Schiano, Shanahan, Nawrocki, Fisher and Elway

I would also second Ireland but I nominated him and I suppose there are rules against that

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seconding Rovell and Reilly

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Bobby Petrino

Forever. For getting another job coaching loving -anything-.

edit:

Also, seconding Russell Wilson and Greg Schiano

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 6, 2014

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I'd like to nominate James Harrison for a lifetime douchie for his work protesting player safety by intentionally leading with his head.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Can we just go ahead and automatically appont Goodell to the Douche Hall of Fame? He just keeps slipping by, further cementing his douche status, and his douchiness is enough to justify the special appointment.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Seconding NCAA, Nick Saban, Rick Reilly, Colin Cowherd, Jimmy Haslam, Darren Rovell

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Can we do the Entire Alabama Fanbase for being a bunch of whiny, entitled shits after the Auburn/Alabama game?

Also nth-ing Ray Rice for smacking the poo poo out of his fiancee.

And gently caress that Darren Rovell guy. I'd never heard of him before today, but he sounds like every thin-skinned corporate shill I've ever had to deal with.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Seconding Darren Sharper for being both an abhorrent NFL commentator and a lovely, lovely human being.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Mike Tomlin for not even attempting to be discrete on the kick return.

Ray Rice for dragging his problems around with him.

Peyton Manning for not loving off and retiring already.

The 2013 Ravens offensive line for trying to murder Joe Flacco.

Some rear end in a top hat Lions player for turning into a missile and planting his helmet into Joe's knee.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I would like to submit evidence to support Roger Goodell's nomination:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
D.J. Swearinger - For targeting Dustin Keller low in the preseason, ending his season and possibly ruining his career... but mostly, for these comments:

"With the rules in this era you've got to hit low. If I would have hit him high, I would have gotten a fine. So I think I made the smartest play. I'm sorry it happened and I pray he has a speedy recovery. ... Right now it's just instinct. You see somebody come across the middle, you gotta go low. You're going to cost your team 15 yards. You've got to play within the rules."

DJ Swearinger just takes a bad angle on Keller and tries to correct back.

He then, in spectacular fashion, decides to dive into his leg...

OMG!!!!

He then looks at his victim all like... "Dat no helmet rule, tho?"

Look at the whole loving thing happen (couldn't upload .gif to imgur):

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1758167/ibiHwjbqkuZ6wR.gif

This was his high school coach:

• Locked thread