Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Are there any good mafia/organised crime games for iPad? Preferably something to buy with no focus on IAPs but I'll take anything that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I was enjoying The Spatials ... but it doesn't autosave. Was in bed, played until my device died, got up to plug it in, and I was back to zero. This is really surprising for an iOS game!

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

dmboogie posted:

I picked up Shadowrun+Dragonfall recently, and I though I haven't touched the base campaign yet, I can safely say that Dragonfall has quickly become one of my favorite RPGs ever. The writing's fantastic, the party members are all interesting, and the combat is pretty fun.

SynthOrange posted:

Is Dragonfall available on the ios version?

Pretty certain I saw something somewhere about Dragonfall on ios being imminent.

'i.e. When searching about it the excerpt on google from the official site mentioned in a post from 4 days ago that it's coming next week. Couldn't actually find it when actually clicking on the post but I'm still pretty sure.

unlurked
Jan 20, 2006

Set phasers to HURT!

Campbell posted:

I've only done the first quest and don't really have a clue as to what I'm doing but I like your art design and applaud your lack of pixel art (not to dig at pixel art, it's just nice to see something different every once in a while).

Thanks! We don't hate pixel art either, it's just that we felt more comfortable with this style. As for progress indicators we tried not to hold the users hand too hard and get them to figure some stuff out on their own, but we may have gone a bit too far with this for some mechanics. UI instrumentation for tutorials is loving hard to do too, we had it for the station segment but scrapped it in the end.

Campbell posted:

I've noticed some misspellings on the "What?" tab, and I think "Station" but am not sure. I hope you do well, but I wish you'd have charged 1.99 outright for this because I'd have paid it for sure, especially if the IAP is as unnecessary as you mention. The $2.99 credit doubler is a good non-consumable, but I've bought that enough in other games that I'm wary of that now without putting decent play time in.

Basically we are giving up on money in exchange for exposure and feedback, at least initially. It's more of a marathon than a sprint for us. We will try a small banner ad for the next version.

For the first levels credits are not an issue unless you go wild with the build tool. After combat becomes important you will be motivated to use the Collider often to get some phat loot and that starts to get expensive after awhile. But you can chill and just do side missions and get items no matter what.

Campbell posted:

If you don't mind my asking, tech/framework what did you use for development?

Code is 100% C++, and the framework is cocos2d-x. The UI is all custom coded on top of the node system in cocos2d-x. Some parts of the game logic are a pain to write in C++, compared to say Lua, but I was way too far into the implementation to switch in the middle of the project. Out of this situation came out some weird stuff, like a unholy macro system that allows me to declare class attributes and generate automatic marshalling in a single line of code (no more "ops I forgot to update the save method", yay).

WetSpink posted:

Liking Spatial so far, up to level 9/10 planets and on the quest to unlock the last crew member - I've kinda "blasted" through and only done the quest planets so I'm not sure of the benefits of going to the other planets yet. Just had my first planet with hostile enemies and that was sorta fun. It was an exercise in kiting and dropping robots to zap stuff and throwing grenades and lasers. Once my captain
died (well, went into stasis) it gave me an opportunity to understand the engineer and doctors skills more in depth so that was good.

The idea is that new campaign missions force you to face enemies 2 levels above your gear so in case you find that too difficult you can go and visit some planets with easier objectives for extra items and cash. That being said it's true we didn't do side content in order to release earlier, and the optional planets now don't feel very unique or challenging. We will put unique stuff in them in future versions, for example resource farming will become more important and it will have dedicated planet types for it.

WetSpink posted:

Is there an easier way to fire attacks? It feels a little wonky dragging from the icon on the bottom left corner to a mob and I didn't realize that I had to have my finger over the mob when I released til a little while in, I thought just the line overlapping the mob would be enough.

The "drag to target" it's the gimmick of the combat system. It's more relaxed for the engineer skills because they are AoE, but the strategist is all about high single target damage so yeah as you have seen it's not as forgiving. You have to both point and keep in mind the delay for your dude to fire. It may sound cumbersome buuuut when you find a one or two stars sniper, it's worth it :) (we will keep tweaking the hit boxes!).

WetSpink posted:

It's not always obvious what little ground objects will yield anything and things I think have yielded stuff on previous planets didn't work on new ones (that little slime mound thing, I think) also the heads of the colonists looked kinda like those silver panel things I'd got previous.

Yes, the campaign missions sometimes will use decorative objects for objectives, sometimes lootable, sometimes not. In general everything without the big fat ! on top of it's optional and some free cash/loot the game is throwing at you. After level 8 or so most of your stuff will come from looting dead pirates/robots.

WetSpink posted:

It isn't immediately obvious how many of each base thing you need too, and at this point I'm not sure if I'm gonna get doubles of some crew members or not. Like I don't know how many food benches or hydroponic stations or cook areas I need. I messed up and bought more than one recycler and uh the other thing in that room that combines items which I think cost me a bunch.

True, we need to explain more in depth what each item does a lot better. Right now count on something like 3 beds, 2 of anything to do with food, and 1 of everything else. And as many inventory pallets as you want of course.

WetSpink posted:

Is there any way to move or rotate items you've already put in? That'd be nice.

That's already the number 1 requested feature! :)

Campbell posted:

Spacials: how do you equip passives? I have a ton in my inventory but can't seem to assign them.

You can equip items (both active and passive) by going to the Staff screen (the third button from the left) and touching the item skill buttons below the portrait/stats area.

xiw posted:

I was enjoying The Spatials ... but it doesn't autosave. Was in bed, played until my device died, got up to plug it in, and I was back to zero. This is really surprising for an iOS game!

That's a huge oversight on our part, sorry! I'm making it a top priority feature for the next version. For now save often (saves are in the order of 70KB-100KB, you can keep a bunch of them around).

Thanks everybody for the feedback!

unlurked fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 6, 2014

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, someone in Fable Age land done hosed up good. Someone reverted everyone's progress (though not their inventories or roster) to where they were sometime last week; instead of midway through Book 21, I'm now back at 17. At least I can earn the stones again.

gyger
Feb 19, 2010
Any idea if/when Spatial will be Universal?

unlurked
Jan 20, 2006

Set phasers to HURT!

gyger posted:

Any idea if/when Spatial will be Universal?

The game already compiles and runs on the iPhone, and supports arbitrary resolutions and aspect ratios. But the on-screen UI elements are sized way too tiny for phone screens, you need to peek at your screen with your pinky, and that's still too big for some buttons. It would require a redesign of every screen to make it usable. So the answer is that we would love to, but we can't, for now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just got the West Asia special stage on Metal Slug Defense and (at the point of the game I'm at) it was a lot easier than I was expecting. First 3 stages went down without a problem and lost once to stage 4 because I wasn't expecting the big rear end tank. Once I knew that was coming, I just built up my troops at the early stage by not using special abilities and letting them slowly clump up. By the time the tank showed up I has a good dozen troops out with their abilities ready to go. Tank still almost clawed his way to my base but he fell and I gained control, winning a short whole after. Even got the POW in my first victory so no need to redo!

EDIT: Got the last POW and the truck reward. It's actually pretty awesome. 150 AP for a constant stream of melee fighters, really nice for fodder early on.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 6, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Pretty positive quicklook of Wayward Souls over on Giant Bomb: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-wayward-souls/2300-8848/

The only complaint being that touch controls on a phone are never great, but they describe these as "serviceable" which is better than most phone games get from them.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Spacials

A few things. When I first started the game, I tried dragging rations over from slot 2 to slot 10 and have a graphical issue. It seems repeatable after 3 or 4 attempts to drop an item just outside of a drop zone.

Next, on Passives, I figured it out. I didn't realize the icon in the background of a passive button denoted a category, so when I wasn't seeing anything it was because I didn't have any for that category. Pic below shows the Rations/inventory drag/drop issue overlaying this view as well.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

MissMarple posted:

You will shortly be able to replace those dice with better ones. You can never change the first dice, but when you have [Regular Dice] [Dice that can't be a 1] [Dice that might double the whole line] the decision is generally "Do I roll the crappy dice again, cos then I could roll the other two as well" because you literally can't fail on those two. And you make the judgement based on some fuzzy factors of will the result be doubled, what's my current damage, can I kill something etc

Basically your chance of fluffing remains the same, but the amount of potential goes up. The core mechanic is relatively sound, it's just the meta is terrible and the UI and art makes it actively a chore to play.

We'll I got to that part, but even the doubler is only I assume 50% effective per dice set, because half the time it rolls 1x anyway. That means I do maybe 50% more damage on average vs. enemies with 5x the hit points of ones I fought before getting that, and if they get a lucky streak they can do 100 damage to me, which is nuts in one round of one enemy out of two or three in a run that includes five or so such battles. It basically means one unlucky roll fucks your whole run up, but one really lucky roll might just kill one dude in one fight and give you some healing to boot, if you needed healing in the first place. This makes me feel weaker and more reliant on luck as I go along, which feels like the opposite of how it should.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 6, 2014

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Is Civ Revolution worth it? It seems that MP is an IAP.

Either way any recommendations on similar games? Lots come up on a 'civ' search.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Civ Rev used to be great. I got it and played it a few civilizations; did what it said on the tin. Then (from what I've heard the last time it came up in the thread; I haven't played in a while) they added in new features/powerups as IAPs, but give them to the AI by default. So unless you buy all the IAP, you're outgunned.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

In Spatials the drop rate of stuff once you start fighting pirates seems ridiculous - I keep losing dudes because i'm off in the base screen frantically recycling stuff.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Ratjaculation posted:

Is Civ Revolution worth it? It seems that MP is an IAP.

Not really. You'd be far better off getting a used console version for :5bux: and playing that, assuming you have a console.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So I'm still in deep with Trials Frontier and I'm convinced now that this game is longer than any Final Fantasy has ever been.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Yodzilla posted:

So I'm still in deep with Trials Frontier and I'm convinced now that this game is longer than any Final Fantasy has ever been.

Please keep us updated on plot stuff, what you posted before sounded loving insane

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

It only feels that way because of the bullshit grind quests every 3 plot quests. "Guy needs to upgrade his garage so that you can build the tier 3 bike, get me a tier 4 nut and bolt" run missions hoping to get 9 tier 2 nuts and 9 tier 2 bolts to fuse them together, because you can't do tier 3 levels to get tier 3 drops without a tier 3 bike. "Hooray, the garage is upgraded. Have a quest to get another blueprint part, another ghost catching quest, and another 3x gold medal quest. You did all that? Hey, the garage needs to be upgraded to make the tier 3 bike. Get a tier 4 chain, spring, and spark plug." 27 runs minimum (or a crapton of IAP respins later) "Hooray the garage is upgraded. Have a quest to get another blueprint part, another 3x gold medal quest, and a minor plot quest. Hey, the garage needs to be upgraded to make the tier 3 bike (which is only one more blueprint part away!), get a tier 5 nut and bolt." and so I just stopped, because its a minimum of 56 runs through the same two levels assuming you hit the tier 2 item with each spin.
Oh, and the latest ghost catching mission I have requires getting a better than platinum medal time to beat the ghost, so you have to decide if you want to use your parts to upgrade a tier 1 bike enough to win that race, or if you want to use your parts to advance the bullshit grind quests.

..I'm a little bitter about that tier 5 quest showing up one sideplot quest and one blueprint part quest after the back to back tier 4 quests.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

goferchan posted:

Please keep us updated on plot stuff, what you posted before sounded loving insane

Sadly it's kinda ground to a halt save for maybe one of the villain girls being some girl in town's sister and Turbo Lover probably being the mechanic's ex-boyfriend which isn't very interesting.

chrisf posted:

:words:

..I'm a little bitter about that tier 5 quest showing up one sideplot quest and one blueprint part quest after the back to back tier 4 quests.

But mostly this. The map DOES seem loving huge though and I have a feeling they're going to be filling out a lot of it. I've unlocked the first of the Tier 3 levels but I can't do them yet without the next bike which I'm currently waiting on 24 hour upgrades on my old bikes to get.

:sterv:

e: also gently caress ANBA. apparently the devs have come out and said that matchmaking is completely busted and they're working on it but i've been doing the same maps against the same people over and over and over again and i want to loving murder Backyard Catwalk

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:
drat, KOTOR is such a loving good port. While I hadn't played it on Xbox in about a decade, I'm still loving pleasantly surprised of how good the touch controls are.

unlurked
Jan 20, 2006

Set phasers to HURT!

Campbell posted:

A few things. When I first started the game, I tried dragging rations over from slot 2 to slot 10 and have a graphical issue. It seems repeatable after 3 or 4 attempts to drop an item just outside of a drop zone.

Total bug, thanks for the report!

Campbell posted:

Next, on Passives, I figured it out. I didn't realize the icon in the background of a passive button denoted a category, so when I wasn't seeing anything it was because I didn't have any for that category. Pic below shows the Rations/inventory drag/drop issue overlaying this view as well.

Yes, those buttons may not make it clear you are supposed to fill them up. We will redesign them.

xiw posted:

In Spatials the drop rate of stuff once you start fighting pirates seems ridiculous - I keep losing dudes because i'm off in the base screen frantically recycling stuff.

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONSPALLETS

Did you find it game breaking? We were worried about first time players finding it hard to gear up, specially when you have to start killing stuff for real, so we made the drop rates quite generous. We will tone it down for the next version and instead spawn your initial officers with some random passives pre-equipped.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Locke Dunnegan posted:

We'll I got to that part, but even the doubler is only I assume 50% effective per dice set, because half the time it rolls 1x anyway. That means I do maybe 50% more damage on average vs. enemies with 5x the hit points of ones I fought before getting that, and if they get a lucky streak they can do 100 damage to me, which is nuts in one round of one enemy out of two or three in a run that includes five or so such battles. It basically means one unlucky roll fucks your whole run up, but one really lucky roll might just kill one dude in one fight and give you some healing to boot, if you needed healing in the first place. This makes me feel weaker and more reliant on luck as I go along, which feels like the opposite of how it should.
1 regular dice - Avg ~4.0 per roll of regular dice. Expected damage ~20
2 regular dice - Avg ~4.5 per roll of regular dice. Expected damage ~25
1 regular, 1 doubler - Avg ~6.0 per roll of regular dice. Expected damage ~35
1 regular, 1 neverfail, 1 doubler - Avg ~12.0 per roll of regular dice. Expected damage ~70

The progression curve is pretty strong, it's actually a pretty good evolution of your power, but it's not well communicated. And as I said you can apply a lot of fuzzy logic to work out whether you should roll the "I could fail" dice again or not.

That being said, whilst the game is mechanically "ok", it can lead to incredibly bursty enemies (the AI should have a hard cap it stops at). The short loop of fighting things doesn't give you enough time for regression to the mean to kick in and so streaks of luck for either side become decisive. This isn't helped by the progression curve being deliberately slower than the difficulty curve so your choice is to grind or pay to match it.

Also fundamentally because you are rolling dice it is heavily luck dependent. They should (and might already) box their results to stop you getting streaks of failure, and the AI from getting streaks of success.

I'm not defending the game as being worthy of playing, I stopped at around the same point you are, but I think that it's core mechanic basically works but is just badly presented and plays into the fact that people don't respond well to probabilities.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

unlurked posted:

Total bug, thanks for the report!

Yes, those buttons may not make it clear you are supposed to fill them up. We will redesign them.

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONSPALLETS

Did you find it game breaking? We were worried about first time players finding it hard to gear up, specially when you have to start killing stuff for real, so we made the drop rates quite generous. We will tone it down for the next version and instead spawn your initial officers with some random passives pre-equipped.

Toning down the drop rates make sense to me. I've had two main gripes with the game so far (overall it is great though)
1. The stupid floating enemy (reminds me of a beholder) is a massive pain to kill. I basically rely on the engineer's robot to do it because I can't find the things hit box (I feel like it is just below the tentacles, but miss more often than not)
2. Going to a planet and having a mission be impossible is really frustrating. I had to clear out 2 pirate bases on an astroid, and one base was on a little island by itself. I still killed everyone with missiles, but couldn't get the reward.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Anyone try the new GAMEVILE freemium baseball game MLB Perfect Inning? The previews I have seen look ok, way better than that RBI game that came out a couple of weeks ago.. but it is GAMEVILE, what I consider to be the grindiest of the freemium game makers so I am not sure it would be even worth the free price.

http://appshopper.com/games/mlb-perfect-inning

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Toning down the drop rates make sense to me. I've had two main gripes with the game so far (overall it is great though)
1. The stupid floating enemy (reminds me of a beholder) is a massive pain to kill. I basically rely on the engineer's robot to do it because I can't find the things hit box (I feel like it is just below the tentacles, but miss more often than not)
2. Going to a planet and having a mission be impossible is really frustrating. I had to clear out 2 pirate bases on an astroid, and one base was on a little island by itself. I still killed everyone with missiles, but couldn't get the reward.

The main frustration I had was having a crew w/ non-aoe weapons. You had to be super quick on the draw to hit the button and then move over and drag to the target. Now that my engineer had Missile and Fusion Missile I don't notice it as much anymore because I AOE everything from a mile away and kind of feel like I broke the game :getin:

Wishes:
* I wish that I could touch & hold a character to bring up the firing ring for the first weapon that's not on cooldown, opposed to solely using the UI button for the weapon.
* I wish that when I hovered over an enemy hitbot the rect at their feet pulsed. I miss attacks all the time on stuff like Turrents because while my target line goes through it, it doesn't seem to be in the hitbox unless I over-correct it a bit.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
For those that don't have it and/or care, BardBarian is currently free. AppShopper link to follow, phone posting.

http://appshopper.com/games/bardbarian

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

loudog999 posted:

Anyone try the new GAMEVILE freemium baseball game MLB Perfect Inning? The previews I have seen look ok, way better than that RBI game that came out a couple of weeks ago.. but it is GAMEVILE, what I consider to be the grindiest of the freemium game makers so I am not sure it would be even worth the free price.

http://appshopper.com/games/mlb-perfect-inning

Thought it was good until I slept my iphone to do some work. Opened the thing up 5 minutes later, and I'm greeted with "Connect lost during game." Look like I need to be online and finish the entire 9 innings? gently caress that.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Campbell posted:

The main frustration I had was having a crew w/ non-aoe weapons. You had to be super quick on the draw to hit the button and then move over and drag to the target. Now that my engineer had Missile and Fusion Missile I don't notice it as much anymore because I AOE everything from a mile away and kind of feel like I broke the game :getin:

Wishes:
* I wish that I could touch & hold a character to bring up the firing ring for the first weapon that's not on cooldown, opposed to solely using the UI button for the weapon.
* I wish that when I hovered over an enemy hitbot the rect at their feet pulsed. I miss attacks all the time on stuff like Turrents because while my target line goes through it, it doesn't seem to be in the hitbox unless I over-correct it a bit.

Yeah this game is triggering my RSI something wicked when using the pistol - drag from bottom left of screen to near the middle, over and over and over.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Thought it was good until I slept my iphone to do some work. Opened the thing up 5 minutes later, and I'm greeted with "Connect lost during game." Look like I need to be online and finish the entire 9 innings? gently caress that.

I found that, plus it looks like the only way to improve your players enough to even be competitive on easy mode is to either pay up for in game currency or grind out packs of cards to use to train. Looked promising for a bit but I've since deleted it.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

loudog999 posted:

I found that, plus it looks like the only way to improve your players enough to even be competitive on easy mode is to either pay up for in game currency or grind out packs of cards to use to train. Looked promising for a bit but I've since deleted it.

I swear, 9 Innings 2011 is the perfect non managerial baseball game for iOS as it is - just needs a roster update :T

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I think the shittiest thing about the Gamevil MLB game is that all players have different classes from bronze->silver->gold->platinum->signature.

I was initially happy to get a Mike Trout from one of my free packs, but he's just a lovely bronze, which has terrible ratings and i can't even level up or train him. Wish I got at least a silver Mike Trout instead, so I can improve him.

unlurked
Jan 20, 2006

Set phasers to HURT!

Campbell posted:

Some hitboxes (actually hitcircles) are wrong, we will fix them for the next release. We will also add some kind of visualization to the target circle to make it clearer if you may to hit or not (but we will stop short of a 100% true indicator, it will be more of a graphical hitbox as you mention later).

Also some player AoEs are getting the nerfbat :twisted:

Island/asteroid worlds have these quirks sometimes. To reach islands you can build corridors in exploration mode, it's the second button in the left toolbar. We are also thinking about adding a teleport skill.

Campbell posted:

xiw posted:

Yeah this game is triggering my RSI something wicked when using the pistol - drag from bottom left of screen to near the middle, over and over and over.

We toyed with alternative ideas for skill triggering. For example a deck-like system where before the mission you order your officer skills in a queue. Then on the planet you tap directly on enemies and the first item on the queue gets used and then goes back to the end of the queue. Also direct avatar interaction like dragging from your characters, as you mentioned. We went with the current system because it looked the most familiar to action RPC fans.

To address your issue with repeating the same action, we are thinking about adding "memory" to what was the last position you fired at, and then making the weapon skills be usable both as drag-to-target (current system) and as a button (it will just fire at the last position). But doing a good UI for this and explaining it to new users is a daunting task.

We got a Greenlight for the PC port we are preparing with a trailer, check it out! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257083077 (the final version will have keyboard bindings for the skills, of course!)

Thanks everybody for the feedback! Altought we basically stealth launched it's amazing to see people picking up the game so fast and liking it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I think I read somebody giving some Shadowrun Returns tips earlier in this thread, but now I cant find them. I just bought it on sale and am about to start.. does anyone have any tips for beginners? Tips like what to level up to now screw myself in the end is mostly what I am looking for. Thanks

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

loudog999 posted:

I think I read somebody giving some Shadowrun Returns tips earlier in this thread, but now I cant find them. I just bought it on sale and am about to start.. does anyone have any tips for beginners? Tips like what to level up to now screw myself in the end is mostly what I am looking for. Thanks

Absolutely do not try to be a jack of all trades.
Mainline at least one weapon type but put points into no more than two of them (pistol makes a nice backup thanks to a skill that lets it reload for free allowing you to always have an attack ready).
Avoid getting cyber implants if you use magic. Every bit of essence you lose slows the cool down on spells.

If any hacking is mandatory to a mission it will give you someone to assist in it (though they'll be fighting the defences on their own).

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

unlurked posted:

Island/asteroid worlds have these quirks sometimes. To reach islands you can build corridors in exploration mode, it's the second button in the left toolbar. We are also thinking about adding a teleport skill.

I'm stuck on a level 24 Arid planet mission. I'm supposed to destroy five robot factories, only four ever spawn :(

Mr.Maximilian
Apr 14, 2005

I'm tempted to use the cat...
Has been a while since I chipped into a thread like this but a friend has recently launched a game he has been working on for the last year or two -- and I think you guys might appreciate it.

Each level is a little puzzle that you solve by leading a little group of pixel-men to the goal. They navigate between platforms by linking together to create long chains that create a bridge the others can cross. And this simple dynamic slowly ramps up in challenge.

It reminds me of things like Lemmings, Pikmin, maybe a little Sword & Swourcery when it comes to feel, look, music etc.

See what you think, it's $1.99 on the App Store and the guys are dead against IAP etc -- they just want to deliver a good solid game.

Bit of a trailer here too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbnTQsAA1Gg

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
That Harmonix endless runner thing is made better by cool charm and good timing to your own music. And it's free.

Mr.Maximilian posted:

Has been a while since I chipped into a thread like this but a friend has recently launched a game he has been working on for the last year or two -- and I think you guys might appreciate it.

Each level is a little puzzle that you solve by leading a little group of pixel-men to the goal. They navigate between platforms by linking together to create long chains that create a bridge the others can cross. And this simple dynamic slowly ramps up in challenge.

It reminds me of things like Lemmings, Pikmin, maybe a little Sword & Swourcery when it comes to feel, look, music etc.

See what you think, it's $1.99 on the App Store and the guys are dead against IAP etc -- they just want to deliver a good solid game.

Bit of a trailer here too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbnTQsAA1Gg

Might buy this just to support fun/funny trailers.

:)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 8, 2014

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

loudog999 posted:

Be a sniper, put all your points in rifle, have at least 4 charisma.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

PFlats posted:

Duet was the in-store free Starbucks app last week or the week before, so I'm sure you can find a code for it if you look around.

Few pages back, but I was able to get a code from the Slickdeals link from a few weeks ago. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Wayward Souls is so completely awesome, it's my go to game at work now, and I've never been happier to throw money at an iOS game dev.

• Locked thread