Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Patriots have just traded Ryan Mallett to themselves for a third-round pick. Greg Schiano says it was the right move they had to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If Cleveland traded a mid-round pick for Cousins I would be OK with them not drafting a QB.

You can quote this in September.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm so sick of Oakland wasting midround picks on blah QBs via trade/draft.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Why does Mallet make sense if they're getting Clowney at one? He's not a QB you want.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The most Chiefs pick possible is Cody Latimer.

The most Jets pick possible is Demarcus Lawrence in the 1st.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Though if the Patriots do trade Mallet it does mean they're drafting that Savage guy in the mid rounds somewhere, and really, no thanks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChampRamp posted:

Why does Mallet make sense if they're getting Clowney at one? He's not a QB you want.

he's a big dude for Clowney to practice sacking

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aw man my boss just txt me and I have to have a meeting with our PR people today right when the draft is meant to start. At least she wears tight dresses. I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling Carolina ignores both WR and OT in the first.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Bigass Moth posted:

If Cleveland traded a mid-round pick for Cousins I would be OK with them not drafting a QB.

A team known for loving up somehow ends up with every Sparty quarterback in the league, what could go wrong

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Can other Bears fans tell me what/who I should be rooting for them to pick in the first 2-3 rounds? It seems like they have needs everywhere (gonna include QB on that list!). Even their WR depth sucks after the big starting duo.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ChampRamp posted:

Why waste a second round pick on a QB who might be bad when you can pick up the phone and acquire one who can eliminate that uncertainty?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

ChampRamp posted:

People were talking Bortles to Houston cause apparently BOB likes Big QBs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Though if the Patriots do trade Mallet it does mean they're drafting that Savage guy in the mid rounds somewhere, and really, no thanks.

man if you don't think y'all aren't gonna draft Savage in the 4th round anyway

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Goetta posted:

Why waste a second round pick on a QB who might be bad when you can pick up the phone and acquire one who can eliminate that uncertainty?

Excellent point!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bigass Moth posted:

You can have McGloin for a 3rd if you'd like. He outperformed Cousins.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

don't worry houston if BOB is still around in 3 years y'all can draft Christian Hackenberg

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I miss when the Eagles were rumored to be interested in Manziel that was fun

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yeah that reminds me.

quote:

According to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle the Raiders were enamored with Savage before most other NFL teams began showing interest. And now that the secret is out, if the Raiders want him, they may have to take him with their second round pick.

If this happens, you can find me at the bottom of a bottle of Jager.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me.

Oakland usurps Seattle as NFL Hipster team.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

pmchem posted:

Can other Bears fans tell me what/who I should be rooting for them to pick in the first 2-3 rounds? It seems like they have needs everywhere (gonna include QB on that list!). Even their WR depth sucks after the big starting duo.

The Bears should stay far away from Aaron Donald. Far, far away.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alouicious posted:

man if you don't think y'all aren't gonna draft Savage in the 4th round anyway

On the plus side, I could resuscitate and repurpose the Savaged! meme come preseason time.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It's like Al Davis never died. :allears:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The idea that anyone who has even watched a football game before sees Tom Savage gametape and says: "that guy will be a good NFL QB!" is just hilarious.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Bigass Moth posted:

you really don't want Cousins. Shanahan tanked his value after showing everyone that he actually sucks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can somebody give me a decent draft drinking game?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I swear the God GMs can get so far up their own asses

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

I have no idea who the Chiefs are going to pick tonight, but I'd say bet on the best workout warrior left on the board when they are up.

Worked for Poe

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Every time someone boos the commissioner take a drink

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

PrinceRandom posted:

... I want...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Aw man my boss just txt me and I have to have a meeting with our PR people today right when the draft is meant to start. At least she wears tight dresses. I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling Carolina ignores both WR and OT in the first.

Please send picture of your boss :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

just a fair warning if Tom Savage gets drafted and plays at all expect that GDT to be me posting UNATCO? every 4 pages

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Volkerball posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me.

I can't wait for a repeat of Tyler Wilson, but this time it's a second round pick being cut.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me.

Jager sucks

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Drink everytime a team fucks up

Drink a lot if its your team

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

Worked for Poe
I'm not against the idea and I wasn't intending for that post to sound that way. Davis, Kelce and Kush were workout warriors and Fisher moved very well for a LT.

That's just the only thing from the last draft that I'd go off of when it comes to the direction the Chiefs go. :shobon:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@RapSheet
There is no deal between the Patriots and the Texans for Ryan Mallett. But the interest from Houston and Bill O’Brien is real. #Staytuned
---

There's an alternate rumor that fiveaces is trying to turn this into a 3-teamer in which they flip Mallett for Glennon.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Finish your drink when someone gets drafted that no one knows who he is but Kiper steps in to talk about him for five minutes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Drink like you normally would don't be so goony that you need to play a game

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

I'm not against the idea and I wasn't intending for that post to sound that way. Davis, Kelce and Kush were workout warriors and Fisher moved very well for a LT.

That's just the only thing from the last draft that I'd go off of when it comes to the direction the Chiefs go. :shobon:

To be fair I think we were all shocked when Poe turned out to be good. The chances of him being Vernon Gholston were far greater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ozu posted:

@RapSheet
There is no deal between the Patriots and the Texans for Ryan Mallett. But the interest from Houston and Bill O’Brien is real. #Staytuned
---

There's an alternate rumor that fiveaces is trying to turn this into a 3-teamer in which they flip Mallett for Glennon.

Brady has evolved into a giraffe!

• Locked thread