Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

That is still the worst dye job in a series know for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Zack Snyder tweeted this, were getting the full look at it tomorrow

http://www.imgur.com/bkpc036

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dacap posted:

Ohhhhhh shiiit.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dacap posted:

It's the Supermobile!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dacap posted:

My guess, its going to look like the Tumbler and the first Burton Batman Batmobiles lovechild.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

My guess, its going to look like the Tumbler and the first Burton Batman Batmobiles lovechild.
Those are some pretty Batman & Robin-lookin' uh, airblades, too.

not sure what those actually did

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I hope it lights up like the Batman & Robin batmobile.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I hope it's like the Batman Forever-mobile.

It may have been laughably phallic, bit that was a cool fuckin car.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Going back to a more Burton inspired design :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks kind of like the Arkham Knight Batmobile.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Error 404 posted:

I hope it's like the Batman Forever-mobile.

It may have been laughably phallic, bit that was a cool fuckin car.

Chicks dug it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waterhaul posted:

Going back to a more Burton inspired design :allears:

Is anyone really surprised by this? Picking out the best iconic imagery to market to nerds is what Zach Snyder does. Nerds never did stop complaining about the tumbler, and everyone loved the Burton batmobile toys as kids. There was no way he was going to rock the boat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Is anyone really surprised by this? Picking out the best iconic imagery to market to nerds is what Zach Snyder does. Nerds never did stop complaining about the tumbler, and everyone loved the Burton batmobile toys as kids. There was no way he was going to rock the boat.

This sounds like you're saying a small minority of 80s kids are the only ones who enjoyed that design when the design was a game changer for everyone. The Batmobiles up to that point were usually only slightly modified sports cars but after the 89 movie the designs more often than not became way more custom or were pretty much the Burton design itself

Here are three big options Snyder had: Tumbler design (boo he's just leeching off Nolan!); Burton design (boo he's just pandering to 80s kids!); or classic Batman which is pretty much a sports car with a couple fins on it (boo look at this product placement!).

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Lobok posted:

Here are three big options Snyder had: Tumbler design (boo he's just leeching off Nolan!); Burton design (boo he's just pandering to 80s kids!); or classic Batman which is pretty much a sports car with a couple fins on it (boo look at this product placement!).

Put Batman in a Caddy and have Alfred drive him and Robin around everywhere in their costumes, like in the 40s serial.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lobok posted:

Yeah man, the multi-millionaire film-maker who was handed the two most profitable superhero franchises of all time simultaneously just can't catch a break.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah man, the multi-millionaire film-maker who was handed the two most profitable superhero franchises of all time simultaneously just can't catch a break.

Well, to be fair to the other guy, he is fighting an uphill battle with nerds because ahahahah who am I loving kidding.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sion posted:

Well, to be fair to the other guy, he is fighting an uphill battle with nerds because ahahahah who am I loving kidding.

Nerds ruin everything.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

That's what you took out of it? White-knighting Snyder? You seem to have your finger on the pulse of Batman movie discussion and I'm saying people were going to bitch no matter what if apparently the Tumbler was hated and you don't like a Burton re-do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is literally no option he could make that would please people at first glance. The test will be if people are bitching about it after the movie comes out.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

There is literally no option he could make that would please people at first glance. The test will be if people are bitching about it after the movie comes out.

Pretty much. Everything is the worst thing ever. Remember the reaction to Affleck getting cast as Batman. You would think that Batman vs Superman is going to be the worst movie ever, sure to redeem the likes of Wiseau and Wood.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Madkal posted:

Pretty much. Everything is the worst thing ever. Remember the reaction to Affleck getting cast as Batman. You would think that Batman vs Superman is going to be the worst movie ever, sure to redeem the likes of Wiseau and Wood.

It's almost as if

Error 404 posted:

Nerds ruin everything.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Batman TAS had the coolest Batmobile.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lobok posted:

You missed option four: try and be original, but that's fair enough, Snyder probably missed it too judging by everything else he's ever made.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I just wanna see what the Batsuit looks like more than anything...

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jace Madan posted:

It's just going to be a shirtless Affleck with his chest hair shaved into the shape of a Bat symbol. Along with skinny tight blue jeans...painted black. And his accent is going to be douchey. He will wear the mask though. It's better with the mask.

It will be awesome.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

You missed option four: try and be original, but that's fair enough, Snyder probably missed it too judging by everything else he's ever made.

There are only so many designs you can do for a bat-themed car. No matter what it's going to resemble something that exists in Batman's history because Batman has had a whole loving lot of cars.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

There are only so many designs you can do for a bat-themed car. No matter what it's going to resemble something that exists in Batman's history because Batman has had a whole loving lot of cars.

The animated series car was the best because it was basically a stretch limo. How fitting for a billionaire superhero who consciously or not made his ride of justice resemble luxury?

Robin should just drive him around while he sips champagne and gets out to fight crime that's so beneath him.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ImpAtom posted:

Well yeah, you're working within a well-established universe, seeking complete originality is impossible and probably undesirable (same goes for costumes).

I'd still like to see more low-flying Batmobiles.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Well yeah, you're working within a well-established universe, seeking complete originality is impossible and probably undesirable (same goes for costumes).

I'd still like to see more low-flying Batmobiles.
The Morrison/Quitely version would look pretty sweet.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

Batman TAS had the coolest Batmobile.

:respek:

E:

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 13, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jace Madan posted:

Exactly. And how Wonder Woman is going to look, but Batman is way more important.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Channing Tatum has been cast as Gambit, unclear for which movie.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/lauren-shuler-donner-confirms-channing-tatum-gambit-casting

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TetsuoTW posted:

If the rest of it looks like the back of it, I'd say a Bat-Dragster would be pretty original.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I would assume for the Apocalypse one. Even if everything is reset after DoFP, it'll still be weird seeing gambit and wolverine interacting again (for the first time).

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Video seems to go with that they want to push an X-Force and Gambit film and while no contracts are actually signed Tatum is the only person they want for the role and he wants to do it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wonder if they would put Deadpool in X-Force before a solo film.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wonder if they would put Deadpool in X-Force before a solo film.

I imagine they would, because there's no way that script that's out there is getting made

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

As long as Ryan Reynolds is kept at a minimum of 500 yards from the set at all times.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

ImpAtom posted:

I totally disagree, just type in Batmobile Redesign in GIS and see how many crazy ideas are out there. The Tumbler was pretty new too, but someone managed to think of that. There's no reason it has to even look like what someone normally thinks of as a car, think of all the bizarre concept car designs that get made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lurdiak posted:

As long as Ryan Reynolds is kept at a minimum of 500 yards from the set at all times.

He was not the problem with Deadpool (I actually think he was a good casting choice for that) - the problem was that they literally took the Merc with a Mouth and sewed his mouth shut.

• Locked thread