Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mr. Crow posted:

People watch SpikeTV?

Only for the VGX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Jiro posted:

Especially the ending.

Halo 2 was really rushed. The best thing I got from the Legendary Edition of Halo 3 (y'know, with the tasteless Master Chief Helmet?) was the Developer's commentary for both Halo and Halo 2. Where's the thing? It must be in the last level! Oh...
(Seriously, if you like Halo and haven't seen this video, I'd recommend doing it. It's fun :))

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr. Crow posted:

People watch SpikeTV?

Serious question: is anyone here going to watch the Spike TV coverage on Spike TV?

We're the prime audience for this show and I'll be shocked if more than two people say, "Yes, I'm going to watch it for the hilarious failures." We're all going to watch streams or videos after the fact. We're going to be heckling the shows in this thread. There's no room in this brave new world for Spike TV no matter how pneumatic their hostess is. It's no surprise that they're not bothering to cover a conference in prime time, they won't get more viewers than their usual junk and they can't drop commercials into easily.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SpikeTV's coverage is just a mirror of Gametrailer's online coverage, and yes we'll be watching it, you fuckers know you want Geoff Keighley shilling products and Peter Molyneux being crazy and seeing how bald Stephen Totilo got

The reason I'll watch on TV is because it's in 60fps and it's fun seeing how many console games actually are in 60fps (almost none of them). I think Metal Gear Solid V and the plants vs zombies shooter were the only 60fps games last year

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Geoff Keighley Doritomann made some runaround tweets implying that SpikeTV will not show Sony's conference, for the third straight year. The reason in past years was due to it encroaching on Spike's primetime programming, so that's probably the reason again this year.

Doesn't G4 usually show E3 stuff? I can't imagine they would be concerned about it cutting into their packed schedule of 5-year-old reruns of Web Soup and Cops.
Of course they probably fired everyone that worked there and didn't make sure their video playlist didn't glitch out, so maybe there's nobody to cover it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

G4 was put out of its misery a year ago, it's now Esquire Network.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

G4 was always bad until E3 where it had all-day coverage going and it was pretty rad. Now I think Gamespot is the place to go if you want full coverage of the event.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Iacen posted:

(Seriously, if you like Halo and haven't seen this video, I'd recommend doing it. It's fun :))

That was great. I love their little digs at the poo poo they had to cut. :allears:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jimbot posted:

G4 was always bad until E3 where it had all-day coverage going and it was pretty rad. Now I think Gamespot is the place to go if you want full coverage of the event.

GameTrailers' E3 coverage hasn't been too awful the past couple years either.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I watch Spike TV for the conferences instead of a stream just so I don't have to deal with lag.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It was supposed to be, but at the last minute they decided to kill and replace Style Network instead. For some reason they waited to do this after G4 had killed off all their original programming and fired everyone. Now G4 airs a bunch of reruns of Airwolf, Cops, or shows from 3-4 years ago when they actually had programming, although most of that is still Web Soup.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

raditts posted:

It was supposed to be, but at the last minute they decided to kill and replace Style Network instead. For some reason they waited to do this after G4 had killed off all their original programming and fired everyone. Now G4 airs a bunch of reruns of Airwolf, Cops, or shows from 3-4 years ago when they actually had programming, although most of that is still Web Soup.
Just from looking at the Wikipedia, G4's been dropped by Comcast, Time Warner, Verizon FIOS, Dish, and Charter, so it may as well not even exist. For most people, E3 will be watched online or on SpikeTV.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Just from looking at the Wikipedia, G4's been dropped by Comcast, Time Warner, Verizon FIOS, Dish, and Charter, so it may as well not even exist. For most people, E3 will be watched online or on SpikeTV.

Huh, gently caress knows why my small-time cable provider still carries it then. I guess it makes sense to air a bunch of poo poo nobody will watch, when almost nobody will be able to watch it anyway.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I had a legit chance of going this year, but it didn't happen. After reading this thread, I don't know if I should be sad or glad about that.

Random Stranger posted:

Serious question: is anyone here going to watch the Spike TV coverage on Spike TV?
I will, at least as a backup. It sucks playing streaming roulette every time a conference is on, hoping they won't freeze or turn to a pixel soup.

Nope, AT&T Uverse still carries it. :psyduck:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Yechezkel posted:

I had a legit chance of going this year, but it didn't happen. After reading this thread, I don't know if I should be sad or glad about that.

It can't be worse than E3 2012, because absolute dick-all was announced. Nintendo gave their first confusing glimpse of the Wii U the year before, and neither Sony nor Microsoft were going to say a word about their new consoles, or any of the games in production. Only Ubisoft had anything good to show, although Watch Dogs was exactly two years away from release at that point.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

I remember I ran it in the background last year, but I'm blanking on the reason right now. Maybe something connection related, though I thought the feed for trailers was different or something?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Killing Floor 2 pre-E3 teaser, fulfills the E3 teaser criteria of showing nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUJZW9Wqckg

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Today's E3 rumor:

Castlevania: Symphony of the night 2 :dong:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I love all the artifacts over every line of text only

You can tell it's fake because they're calling X, "Xenogears: Origins", square owns the namesake to Xenogears

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The BG&E2 demo will just be a slow fade-in of the words "Never gonna happen" then slowly fading out and five minutes of a black screen.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
SOTN 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2? That's got to be a troll. Don't be playing with me.

*Edit*
Thought so, Ubisoft would be announcing B G&E 2 in their own panel most likely anyway.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Accordion Man posted:

SOTN 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2? That's got to be a troll. Don't be playing with me.

It's fake, don't worry.

But still, Castlevania: Symphony of the night 2 :dong:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Watch dogs is on the list. Yes, the game that comes out in 2 weeks, well before e3.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ineffiable posted:

Watch dogs is on the list. Yes, the game that comes out in 2 weeks, well before e3.
That isn't unheard of. Didn't Sony still talk about Infamous 2 after it was released at E3

edit: Or was it Uncharted 3 or God of War Ascension

It was one of them

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

*Edit*
Thought so, Ubisoft would be announcing B G&E 2 in their own panel most likely anyway.

It's not the least plausible fake E3 leak I've ever heard but it's overly optimistic in some areas (Konami wants to pretent that side scrolling Castlevania doesn't exist, for example) and fairly pedestrian in others (90% of what's on that list is probably going to be there just because it's the obvious announcement).

Another thing is that the only new Zelda playable on the show floor is going to be Hyrule Warriors.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Harlock posted:

That isn't unheard of. Didn't Sony still talk about Infamous 2 after it was released at E3

It was one of them

Except those were their own exclusive titles. Makes no sense to put an already released, non-exclusive game in your presentation.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Harlock posted:

It was one of them

Sure maybe, I'll grant you that sometimes a company still talks about a game after it comes out. But why would ubisoft show off watch dogs game play or have floor kits to play on?

Also admit it's really weird that Nintendo is putting out Mario kart 8 on the floor too.

It's kind of the most boring 'leak' we've had because anything that's not actually announced really sounds made up (shard of nightmare). So you're left with stuff that's been announced and that we've known about for months.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
From the xbone thugbox:

Neo Helbeast posted:

List is fake because Tentacles: Enter the mind isn't on it. Also the whole only games that have been announced are on it.

E: Also Ori and the Blind Forest.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

Sure maybe, I'll grant you that sometimes a company still talks about a game after it comes out. But why would ubisoft show off watch dogs game play or have floor kits to play on?

Also admit it's really weird that Nintendo is putting out Mario kart 8 on the floor too.

It's kind of the most boring 'leak' we've had because anything that's not actually announced really sounds made up (shard of nightmare). So you're left with stuff that's been announced and that we've known about for months.

2 Zelda games seem really unlikely from Nintendo, so yeah, I'm going with fake as hell.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Yechezkel posted:

I've actually been able to easily get credentials for E3 ever since we released Recettear, way back in 2010.

I have never bothered to attend the event, and for the past year or two have deliberately avoided it due to its pointlessness. I briefly considered going last year just for the sheer guaranteed comedy, but a thousand bucks plus just for some schadenfreude was a little too extravagant, even for me.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ineffiable posted:

Heck, they couldn't even be bothered to compile a half assed list of the games that are already confirmed. Things missing from Sony's one - Project Beast, new Guerilla IP, new Media Molecule title.

In fact, the Sony thing is pretty much exactly what they had last year, only this time someone added Uncharted and God of War.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mordaedil posted:

2 Zelda games seem really unlikely from Nintendo, so yeah, I'm going with fake as hell.
The list is fake but there are two 2 Zelda games in development. Hyrule Warriors is a spinoff not produced by Nintendo. The next actual major Zelda sequel is going to be revealed at E3, but we've known about that for a while. They've made big promises about it being unconventional, but I bet it will be conventional as gently caress.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh well, I am looking forward to playing Dynasty Warrior as Link.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
There's already a Symphony of the Night 2. Two of them, even. Both the Soma Cruz games are great, just a shame the music couldn't be as stunning.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

The list is fake but there are two 2 Zelda games in development. Hyrule Warriors is a spinoff not produced by Nintendo. The next actual major Zelda sequel is going to be revealed at E3, but we've known about that for a while. They've made big promises about it being unconventional, but I bet it will be conventional as gently caress.

They mentioned non-linear dungeons so I'm thinking they take a cue from Link Between Worlds and give you the option of where to go when. That'll probably be the big "unconventional" part of it. Doesn't matter much to me, I'll play and love any Zelda game that gets released, no matter how conventional. Skyward Sword was great, Wind Waker was great, Twilight Princess was boring and overly dark but still ok. Zelda U gonna be just fine.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

They mentioned non-linear dungeons so I'm thinking they take a cue from Link Between Worlds and give you the option of where to go when. That'll probably be the big "unconventional" part of it. Doesn't matter much to me, I'll play and love any Zelda game that gets released, no matter how conventional. Skyward Sword was great, Wind Waker was great, Twilight Princess was boring and overly dark but still ok. Zelda U gonna be just fine.

Gotta look drat good before I buy a Wii U. This coming from someone who thought he was getting the WiiU day one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Microsoft intentionally leaked some of their E3 announcements:

quote:

First, beginning on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399*. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect.

Coming in June, anyone with an Xbox will be able to access popular entertainment experiences – whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. This includes great gaming apps like Machinima, Twitch and Upload, popular video services like Netflix, Univision Deportes, GoPro, Redbull and HBO Go, sports experiences like the NFL app for Xbox One, MLB.tv, NBA Game Time, NHL Game Center and more.

To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.”

http://majornelson.com/2014/05/13/delivering-more-choices-for-fans/

I'm not sure if leaking it a month early is a sign that poo poo is going really badly for them and they have no choice but to crack the seal now, but it'll take some of the air out of their presentation.

Maybe they can use that time to show us more dumb as poo poo Kinect apps.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So are they going to retool their interface for Kinectless SKUs?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-TobiEAuE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
How long before Microsoft just starts repackaging Xbox 360's in Bone cases?

• Locked thread