Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
Hizdahr isn't one of the harpies, he just has influence with the rest of the Meereenese nobility. He almost certainly knows more than he lets on, he either knows who some harpy supporters are or at the very least who is likely to be one, but I don't think he's directly involved himself. The Green Grace is the harpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Tiger.Bomb posted:

That's cool, but I've been excited for that fight since Oberyn showed up this season. The preview did show the mountain and lysa pushing Sansa... Lysa's had enough screen time, but having the mountain show up the first time and then 'die' his first episode would kind of be dumb.

On the other hand I can't say I mind having another episode with Oberyn. I'm going to be sad to see him go because his scenes this season have been some of my favorite.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Skahaz is the Harpy. :can:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Actually, who did bribe the jailor with those tyrell coins?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VaultAggie posted:

Actually, who did bribe the jailor with those tyrell coins?

No one! Varys himself was the disappearing jailer. He left those coins behind to cause trouble.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Can someone refresh my memory about what this is (Episode 10)

quote:

Circumstances change after an unexpected arrival from north of the Wall

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Anarkii posted:

Can someone refresh my memory about what this is (Episode 10)
Stannis.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Regy Rusty posted:

Skahaz is the Harpy. :can:

I thought the Shavepate was legit... or is that him just playing the long con? oh noooooooo

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Lycus posted:

Stannis.

Yah. Stannis lands his boats on the other side of the wall to catch the wildlings off guard right? So I guess that technically makes him coming from north of the wall.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

PostNouveau posted:

All the King's Landing scenes next season will just be Varys rolling his eyes at Cersei as she burns down everything Tywin built.

Varys disappears the same day as Tyrion.

Tyrion, Tywin, Jaime, Bronn and Varys will all be out of King's Landing, that's a significant depletion. Of the current cast that really just leaves Cersei, Tommen, Qyburn and the Tyrells.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dolash posted:

Tyrion, Tywin, Jaime, Bronn and Varys will all be out of King's Landing, that's a significant depletion. Of the current cast that really just leaves Cersei, Tommen, Qyburn and the Tyrells.

Well, I don't think Varys *has* to disappear necessarily, the main reason he did was that he helped Tyrion escape but Jaime was about as responsible for that too.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I really am surprised they didn't keep the Queen of Thorns around, even though a lot of people don't know her name they do seem to like her feistiness and the King's Landing character roster is getting a bit thing.

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

Nichael posted:

Did the blood on Ramsay's chest come from him killing one of the Greyjoy men, or did he hurt the woman he was having sex with?

She has a name.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Holy poo poo what a loving letdown that attack on the Dreadfort was. 'What they're doing to Theon they're doing to you as well' 'Theon we're going home' 'N...no' 'Okay peace, back to the boats'

Yeah, that was a long loving trip to not kill someone fumbling with a padlock.

zoux posted:

If Victarion and Euron haven't been cast, then no Kingsmoot this season. I guess it could've been done in secret, but HBO is pretty big on trumpeting every role they cast.

They can't have a kingsmoot because Victarion, Aeron, and Euron will probably all be one character called Alton Greyjoy.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Season 2 ended with Sam & the white walkers marching on the fist, 1&3 ended with Dany, so maybe we're due for a non-Dany ending shot.

to be followed next season by a Dany ending poo poo.

the kawaiiest posted:

People always give me poo poo for liking Sansa. I don't know why I even mention it anymore. :sigh:

I like Sansa. She's a stupid girl with stupid dreams like Littlefinger said, but damnit, someone has to be. Everyone says she needs to harden the gently caress up, but it's kind of nice having someone sweet floating about in a such a horrible world. If she stops being sweet the terrorists win.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dolash posted:

Sheeeeyt. Gonna be the Grand Maester Pycelle show.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

hellbastard posted:

I like Sansa. She's a stupid girl with stupid dreams like Littlefinger said, but damnit, someone has to be. Everyone says she needs to harden the gently caress up, but it's kind of nice having someone sweet floating about in a such a horrible world. If she stops being sweet the terrorists win.

I like her. Like many have said, I think she just has the dubious honor of being a character that can't really do a whole lot without getting executed or murdered by someone, so she can come of as a bit dull compared to MOTHER OF DRAGONS or whatever.

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Feels a little strange that they havent introduced the mountain yet. Maybe we get 1 scene with him next episode where he rapes/murderes the innkeeper's daughter right before he gets a letter telling him to return to Kings Landing?

Then the episode after that he gets "killed"? That's not much screen time for such a cool character and the badass actor they got to play him. I doubt that guy will be back next season either, since the Mountain no longer has a head he can just be played by Hodor from now on and no one will notice.

We still have to hear him scream from the dungeons dying slowly of poison while Qyburn performs experiments on him. Experiments we'll probably actually get to see. If Theon's screen time has been anything to go by.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Bronn's not going anywhere, I'll bet. Unless it's to follow Jaime on his story. People like the character and actor too much for him to disappear like in the books, so he'll doubtless pull a Gendry and take some bit character's role.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I hope Gendry ends up taking Mya Stone's role too. :allears:

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012

Eej posted:

Looking at Hizdahr's wiki entry reminded me of how much I hated Dany's chapters in ADWD. She offers to consider marriage if he ~somehow~ stops the Sons of the Harpy killings for 90 days and it happens like pretty much instantly. The Shavepate says that he's obviously the leader but she's all I'll marry him anyway and he tries to poison her right at the coliseum. Am I forgetting some kind of twisted logic here or is Dany really just that stupid?

Yeah just did the same. She owes her life to a few strokes of luck.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

What makes you say that? It only says Mole's Town is being hit. The big episode 9 CGI shot will probably be the explosion and the chunk of Wall collapsing.

Potato Kid has joined the Night's Watch and dropped a line about being a pretty good archer. The wildling's raid killed his family. Ygritte died from an arrow wound in the books. If the show wants to follow a rather predictable turn of events, Potato Kid will kill Ygritte since he remembers her from the raid (and it will be sad because it's a little kid killing someone and that stuff).

I hope we get Harys Swift next season, I demand we see the blue chicken sigil! Seriously though, I hope we get Randyll Tarly and Aurane Waters. Cersei going mad is going to be the thing I'll be looking forward the most next season.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
This isn't very timely but did it bother anyone else that the Fookin Legend came from Gin Alley? We hear about wine and ale in ASOIF but I don't recall any hard liquors.

My immersion! :psyboom:

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
I'm also convinced that the kid from House Potato will kill Ygritte, but probably in episode 9 rather than 8. Gilly will probably die during whatever happens in Mole Town, so we can deal with the fallout from that with Sam before the big battle.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Why would they kill Gilly off?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Lycus posted:

Stannis.

The Mannis. This is his 'be a goddamn hero' moment.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

So which story arcs will be going into TWOW territory early next season? Theon's for sure, maybe Sansa and Bran also?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

kingcom posted:

The Mannis. This is his 'be a goddamn hero' moment.

It loving better be. The showrunners have one last opportunity to get Stannis right, and it's the best scene in the series. If they gently caress it up and continue to portray him as a villain after this then there is no hope for them.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hedrigall posted:

No. We're getting the Fat Pink Mast.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Hedrigall posted:

John Bradley (Sam) mentioned in an interview that Sam makes a decision during S4 with terrible consequences.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

It loving better be. The showrunners have one last opportunity to get Stannis right, and it's the best scene in the series. If they gently caress it up and continue to portray him as a villain after this then there is no hope for them.

Yeah its definitely my favourite. The not so perfect completely hosed leader decides to go off and do one of the first genuinely heroic/stereotypical fantasy story things in the books and is not immediately screwed over for it.

:10bux: says he does something horribly villainous that makes the whole scenario worse for some reason.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bowser posted:

So which story arcs will be going into TWOW territory early next season? Theon's for sure, maybe Sansa and Bran also?

Theon's stuff thus far has all been stuff not seen in the book but chronologically taking place at the same time as Book 3. There's no reason to think we wouldn't just have his book 5 material plus revelations that he was indeed captured by Stannis (at the end of the season).

Sansa again it looks like we'll be getting to the end of her book 3 material next episode, and it's fairly likely we won't see her for the next two episodes after that. There's still a lot of material from book 4 you can cover before getting to any unpublished parts.

Bran no one knows.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Anonymous John posted:

John Bradley (Sam) mentioned in an interview that Sam makes a decision during S4 with terrible consequences.

There's also the baby. If Mance's kid isn't in the show, then Gilly's baby is vulnerable to being killed off by the show writers.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

hellbastard posted:

They can't have a kingsmoot because Victarion, Aeron, and Euron will probably all be one character called Alton Greyjoy.

It's all going to come down to what happens when Theon takes Moat Cailin. I wonder if Vic gets a name drop.

Do you guys think this is the last we will see of Stannis until the last 5 minutes of episode 9? It would work pretty well I think.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tyree posted:

Do you guys think this is the last we will see of Stannis until the last 5 minutes of episode 9? It would work pretty well I think.

From the synopsis it sounds like he doesn't actually appear until the beginning of episode 10.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

computer parts posted:

Well, I don't think Varys *has* to disappear necessarily, the main reason he did was that he helped Tyrion escape but Jaime was about as responsible for that too.

He has to because everyone will know it's him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tyree posted:

I think he'll have at least one more scene that it makes it clear that he's sailing north.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

computer parts posted:

Bran no one knows.

Every now and then we'll just cut to a shot of a tree for a minute.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

As lovely as the episode was with Craster's I forgot how cool it was to see Jojen's vision bullshit. I wonder if him being on fire is them spoiling his actual death.

(he's pre-cooking himself for Bran obviously)

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

radlum posted:

I hope we get Harys Swift next season, I demand we see the blue chicken sigil! Seriously though, I hope we get Randyll Tarly and Aurane Waters. Cersei going mad is going to be the thing I'll be looking forward the most next season.

Cersei's "I know how to fix everything, I'll arm the church!" while being so proud of herself is spectacular.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I watched a video with GRRM earlier today talking about the Iron Bank's history and he said they're called the Iron Bank because their vault is an old iron mine in Braavos. I don't remember anything about that from the books. I assumed they were called the Iron Bank because they're a huge immovable institution that always extracts their due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Eej posted:

I thought the Shavepate was legit... or is that him just playing the long con? oh noooooooo

Heya Eej. I like these essays about adwd http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/untangling-the-meereenese-knot-part-i-who-poisoned-the-locusts/

Take em however you will, my lord

• Locked thread