Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis to Magnus

"Such a grudge for what amounts to a dispute in contractual terms, cancelled amicably within minutes. Regardless, I will aid you, for them. This is a dire sickness, and more widespread than you may realize. I fear a similar malady may strike again soon."

Platonis – Beld - spreading naturally from the Platonic Academy, making sure to hit Dwarfhold.

The healing Magnus performed was a boon. But Platonis quickly refined his methods into something more lasting. The people needed both knowledge and power to heal. As Magnus freed each healer, they were blessed with a spark of divine power, as much knowledge of healing as their minds would allow, and a charge: Go forth and cure this malady which taints the soul. Free others, teach them, pass on the spark. Each healer made yet more healers. As the knowledge spread, the people were freed from this curse, the taint was pushed back, and the Great Healers remained to teach, and to heal, and to stand vigil against other great maladies.

Giving the freed healers the knowledge and power they need to extend the cleanup.

The Fellowship of the King - East Norn

The touch of Platonis frees Benjamin Frank from a strange malaise. He has a spark of insight. Artifacts are important, but the journey matters more. This is a test of his knowledge and his leadership. This is proof that mortals matter, that he can make a difference using wits, teamwork, and gumption, even against entities of frightening power. Platonis doesn't give him direct guidance at all. This journey is for mortal minds and mortal hands.

Freeing my member of the Fellowship from the curse, and giving him the "guidance" of "you're a smart guy, you figure it out".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Almost forgot the elves!

The Elves - Everywhere

Suddenly all the elves feel a tug within their core of their beings. Their long lives suddenly made very short. The tree of life started to fade into a brittle dark wood and the leaves began to die...

The hand being removed from the tree has given the elves natural life spans. The Elder elves suddenly find that they only have 10 or so years left to live.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Godspace

Payback is indeed a bitch.
What you do comes back threefold.
Tear my heart out, why don't you...

Mimsy searches for this Iron Heart of Thule.

Do want.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis - Godspace

Yesterday we are awakening pretenders. Today we are hunting artifacts. Both seem rather... beneath us. We are power enough on our own. And with the unfortunate effects of the Hand of Kwll's removal, and of Kwll's death for that matter, it seems that these things are best left sleeping while we create a better world for all. Still... I am curious.

Looking for the Mantle of Deep Meaning first. Much like with Magnus, I'm looking, not touching. Trying to gather as much information as possible before making a decision.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Amrom, The World, Librum of Silver Magic

This is an opportunity.
But self-mutilation is a huge risk, only done after careful consideration.
We should seek what we can before all items of power are gone.

Amrom deliberates carefully. The Egg did not resonate with him; These new "pretenders" were a risky presence, and what was an Egg if not a vessel to give birth to some other being they would have to contend with. Sorcery was what they knew, and no other god was as committed to Magic as they were. It would be sought out.

Looking for the Librum of Silver Magic; Trying to ascertain what it is and whether I can take it.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - Morningstar's Mindscape

“You expect me to give you something for nothing then? The arrogance of your kind is truly boundless. Maybe you'll find someone more accepting of this, if you live.” With those words Meroth severed the link.

Meroth - Red's Mindscape

“Beyond you? I'm not used to see you be so humble. Anyway, if you still have some fight left in you, you should pay the dwarves to the north a visit. They just have found some riches that might appeal to you.
If you want to rest undisturbed, I have a feeling that Mount Green will have some more room soon. You can make your home there for now and take the dwarves later.”

Meroth - Earth Warden's Mindscape

“Ah, your kind is always so busy. After you are done you should go to Red. Poor Kwll deserves that his true murderers are brought to justice.”

Meroth - Mount Green, Valk

The influence of Kwll's death-curse must be removed from this area. The remaining mortals should be in awe of what has happened there and what will happen there soon.

“Ignatz, this is no way to treat a guest.” Meroth watched the scene on the moon from his bronze throne. “Have you not learned from Kwll's death what killing a pretender can do?” He grinned as he looked upon the devastated villages and towns all around the world. “How fitting that you are so ignorant to their suffering. Perhaps this will change if something you hold dear would suffer.” In the scrying pool next to him the monastery on top of Mount Green appeared. “Sacrosanct.” One of his bony fingers touched the surface of the water, sending ripples through it.

The earth shook on Mount Green. First only tiny pebbles rolled down the mountainside, but soon huge boulders were knocked loose too. They smashed through the walls of the monastery, smashing anything and anyone inside. Even the earth beneath the buildings started to move, sliding down the mountain, crushing everything on its way down.

First, spending influence to remove the curse from Mount Green. Then I'm spending attack to annihilate the monastery on Mount Green.

Meroth - Platonis' Mindscape

“It is now time to strike against your enemy, brother. Ignatz is on the moon, fighting a pretender and potentially dooming even more mortals on this world. Punish him for this. Do what you do best: educate. Spread the word about his true nature to every corner of this world. No one should remain ignorant of him anymore. Drag his true nature into the light for everyone to see and let the world be abhorred by it.”

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis to Meroth

Has anyone ever told you that you give bad advice? If you want a god dead, then kill him. I have had my disputes with Ignatz. He is a broken, mad, thing. He would coddle mortals with ignorance while the world crumbles when I would give them the tools to make it better. But he at least tried to make something, which you have now destroyed. Have you ever made anything Meroth? I don't think you have. Besides, I would save my strength. I may need to kill anything that threatens the newly purified lands.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QhE07YXbE
:tbear:

The Morningstar - Mindscape

To Meroth: <"You're a coward and I would have given you what you wanted anyway. Prepare to reap the harvest your petty and weak will has sewn.">

Morningstar - The Moon VS Ignatz

"Typical. Weak. Unimaginative." The Morningstar didn't even attempt to block the blow. It was pointless. She would be gone like the wind.

Then suddenly she was dead. Destroyed in Ignorance by the god of Ignorance. Ironic? Poetic? Indeed. As the remains atomized suddenly all over the world every child and being that was under the age of 14 dropped dead. The most ancient pretender's destruction swept the world in a wave of death. Nothing and no one was spared.

Grief, pain, sadness, and the death of joy. That was what the world was now. Selfish greedy Ignatz precipitated the wiping out of the most ignorant of things: Children.

Ok about 1/4 of the world population and plants and animals in the equivalent states of maturing all die. NOW.

The following mechanical changes have occured:
Removing the Kwll Curse will cost the same.
Trying to Remove the Morningstar Curse will cost a normal amount of points.
Here's the kicker: All actions in the world now cost 1.5 times the amount they used to. So if an action costs 2, it now costs 3; 6 will cost you 9 and so on.

Mimsy - Baron Kar Nor's lands

Mimsy reaches for the heart and claims it.(costs 2 power) The heart is massive, god sized. The ensuing earth slide and quakes kill the Baron's wife and many others in the cities. Howling the Baron curses Mimsy and cries out for justice from his patron goddess Maen.

Mimsy examines the heart carefully. It beat but very slowly. As she examined it she realized that it was a prison. Originally designed for prisoners of the heart. To make use of it, Mimsy would need to tear her own divine heart from her chest and install its cold, metallic form where her heart used to be.

Same promises I made to Milton I make regarding this.

Platonis - Morag Mar

Inside the volcano near the dark lord's tower, the Mantle of Deep Meaning sat. Platonic couldn't tell what it completely did without having possession of it. He could see that the Mantle was very much at home in the mountain and that it would be a simple matter to just take it.

Amrom - The Libram of Silver Magic

Amrom found that while he could detect it within the world he couldn't actually see its location. The book kept on rejecting him. It was a sudden realization that the book while magical, was anthama to him. As far as he could tell the book did help with magical matters, there was just something about it that opposed the core of his being.

Yeah sorry for being vague but it has to kind of go down this way.

Red's Mindscape

To Meroth: <"I think I will pay the dwarves a visit.">

The dragon begins traveling north to Dwarfhold.

Earth Warden - Mindscape

To Meroth: <"Sorry I'm busy right now but if you like we can talk later ok?">

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Gohdog - Drune, Bakhan, Drukhan - Buni, Daston, Krast, Ksan, Port Scaro, Tekra, Burgen, Oliver, Stenn, Victz, Bloon, Klemm, Onnah, Osalt, Utna, and seven unnamed towns

The Great Pig mourned, turning his back as a cold shoulder to his peers. He was unable to find stinging words to scald his companions for the wave of destruction wrought upon the mortals and immortals alike. His attention was entirely upon that of the mortal kind, and his grief formed into spotty storm clouds above the continent.

Opalescent drops of divinity rained down upon the dead and living of the continent alike, and though some were missed, the earth and those upon it became saturated with the tears of a crying god.

As the rain fell the mortal coils of the mortals tightened heavily upon their souls; an immense wave of pressure set across the apathetic and grieving though few could care what was happening. As the coil tightened it merged slowly but surely, drawing even those recently dead back into their bodies, and as the pressure grew upon these individuals they could only feel life rushing back into them.

Their mortal bodies could only burst apart with power as their souls were given alike, but immutable living forms. The people could only react with bare naked confusion as the veil of Kwyll's death lifted away from their eyes.

Gohdog's tears tore at the boundaries of death for these individuals, washed away the effects of time, and gave no place for the tainted essence of the dead god's death throes to anchor. They became free from death cursed and natural alike.

His only regret was that he could not reach further, but to continue to do nothing would be the ultimate sin of a God.

Using influence to have all of these mortals (including the very-recently dead kids) shed their restraints of mortality and be given the physical form of their immortal souls. It is a rebirth from their old body and into this new body. They are immortals in the sense of timelessness, though are still vulnerable to things like war and famine.

When they are killed, they will simply dissipate and reincarnate in another form in a new life.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 14, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

JamezBfod posted:

Mimsy - Godspace

Payback is indeed a bitch.
What you do comes back threefold.
Tear my heart out, why don't you...

Mimsy searches for this Iron Heart of Thule.

Do want.

After having the Elves fabled longevity taken by the removal of the Hand, do you think Mimsy wasn't going to or shouldn't look twice before taking another artifact?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - the Moon

He fell to the ground, looking upon the world in horror. "What have I done? What have we done?" Weeping, he hears the cries of anguish of an entire world. As they hold the lifeless bodies of their children. As they look to the skies in horror, begging. "What have we done?"

"You have done nothing," he whispers back in a voice so small that even he cannot hear it. He is too weak to raise it. But he can still find water for tears.

"These sins of my cannot be forgiven, but still I must try to set things right."

Ignatz the Douter - Hermit's Rock, Space

He could not remain on the Moon. Maen's domain was too fair and beautiful to be tainted by hands as bloody as his. The world below would be far too good an exile for him. And returning to the Heavens was out of the question. He could not, not while the mark of his sin remained, while the mortals suffered so grievously from his actions.

He found a rock, just large enough to sit upon cross-legged, circling the mortal plane. Calling it Hermit's Rock, he claimed it as his place of exile, and there he sat, arms crossed, eyes open, ears uncovered. Watching and hearing all that his actions had wrought.

Their cries broke his heart. So, he told them a lie. A sweet, little lie. That if they believed, their children would return to them through their dreams. And the funny thing about lies; you tell them often enough and begin to believe them. Then what is the truth and what is the lie?

And last, he lets a whisper travel from his Rock to Meroth. He pleads for reason. "Stay your hand, Meroth. Quiet your rage. Has there not been enough destruction for you for a hundred years yet?"

Grabbing a piece of space junk and calling it Hermit's Rock. Until further notice, assume that Ignatz is conducting all his actions from here.

I am using the power of Dreams to try to bring the children back. There is no focus to this action, he is not discriminating, except that he is focusing on higher life (sentient beings). If the results of his actions were indiscriminate, then what right does he have to favor any one group over another?

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 14, 2014

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher

Cipher watches, sorrowful, as the calamity she predicted comes to pass. "Do you still doubt the power of prophecy, my brothers and sisters? I said that wakening these foolish pretenders would bring devastation upon our world." She shakes her head resignedly. "And so it has."

"But... hope remains. This world still holds much possibility, even broken as it is. The scars our foolish actions have rent into its fabric can be mended. Perhaps you can save the innocents who died, but I know my task: this is not an age for sloth, for mediocrity. Kwll's death is tragic, but both he and his killer were fools, toying with power they lacked the wits to control. It is up to us -- to me -- to fix the damage, as a mother cleans up what her children break."

Cipher - Red's Mindscape

"Dragon. Your death comes -- not at my hand, but at the hand of those mortals you so disdain. This I foretell, and so it shall be. Soon, you shall be nothing more than an ancient legend."

Cipher - Azariah's Camp

"Clarity, my child." The voice comes in the last minutes before dawn, as Clarity is watching the dying stars, seeking answers from the heavens. "You have grown strong and wise in the service of the troll. But now the time has come for you to part ways: I have one last message for Azariah, and a new quest for you, my daughter."

The image of Cipher's divine form is briefly visible amid the clouds above. "Azariah's might and army have grown, but he has become content and lazy. He forgets his purpose, the purpose for which I raised him out of the gutter into which Amrom threw him." Cipher glares angrily. "Remind him."

Sorry I was out of touch, finals mean lots of work.

First: I'm going to remove Kwll's Curse. Sloth and procrastination are utterly anathema to what I'm trying to do; I need mortals sharp and heroic. So, I'm specifically ripping out whatever force is keeping the curse in place, and converting it into a myth, one that mortals everywhere suddenly have always known: the Fall of the Titan, a story about the dangers of having too much power, or using it for selfish purposes. In this legend, a foolish dragon challenges a likewise-foolish giant to a battle in order to steal his magic mirror; the dragon is victorious, but during the battle the mirror is smashed, and the dragon dies, impaled on one of the mirror's shards.

Secondly: Clarity is taking back Breaker of Chains, for herself. If you recall, I designed it to abandon anyone who doesn't devote him or herself to destroying tyrants, and Azariah's been sitting pretty and lording it over Amrom's lands for far too long. Clarity will claim it, and let Azariah know that he can have it (or something like it) back if, and only if, he gets the gently caress back on the horse and starts trying to take down some tyrants. If he tries to stop her, I will Insist, in the form of overriding his mortal rear end with divine power.

Finally, I'll infuse some of my power into Clarity and her new blade.

She's headed after the Dragon.

Edit: also I'm definitely claiming Adventure.

megane fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 14, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Maen - Moon

"Go then, Ignatz. And do not darken the moon with your presence again." Maen said with not a jot of compassion. "The pain of guilt shall be punishment for your foolishness, and I see no need to punish you more for that. But you have struck down that pretender, knowing what that did with the first one, and you did it on my beloved moon, while I was speaking to her. I will not lightly forget that slight. And for that, suffering will be added to you and yours."

Edited after retconning

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 28, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis to Red

What are your intentions? I have an interest in the Dwarves. Their way of life pleases me. I have given them many gifts, including a significant security system. They are capable of harming you. I am far more capable of that feat. Thus far I have had no conflicts with you, and have no desire for your death. Do you desire treasure? Rest a year somewhere else, away from this continent, and I will give you greater treasures than they could possibly manufacture.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Ok so after talking to IAC and such my understanding is that Mimsy knows the location of the Iron Heart of Thule but we've rewound so that she has yet to reach out and take it.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 26, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Nothing happened here

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 28, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
This post removed due to retcon.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 26, 2014

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Gohdog

"Mimsy," The Pig God's silence is broken, "Do not take these rash measures so quickly. The Goh'Fudi have been a blessed people, but those who you have already taken responsibility are already in greater need." The pig god snorts a few times, as if sniffing out the divinity.

"As have I promised to protect the Goh'Fudi. I will politely ask that you recant this gift, and use your power to soothe the wound that has been struck across all your people before bringing more under your dominion. It is a rudeness I nor the Goh'Fudi will abide, to eat the last of a starving man's food."

His beady eyes remain dry and composed as his grief and passion rains down upon the mortals. "The kindness that you offer will not be forgotten, but the value of the offer would do more harm to you than it would do good to me."

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher - Narne, East Norn

Liana placed her foot against the wraith's chest and levered her longkinfe out of its rotting shoulder. The Nameless Monk would know what to do with its accursed corpse. ...or maybe he wouldn't; monks had strange ideas about what knowledge counted as "wisdom" and what was blasphemy. She cleaned the blade, removing a layer of greyish ichor and unpleasant-smelling dust from the elven steel. Worshiping ignorance itself can't be the easiest task. How can you know you're doing the right thing if "knowing what the right thing is" is itself a sin?

Leaving the dessicated corpse behind, she returned to the group. Most were busy reading the newest communique over Ardan's armored shoulders, though the Nameless Monk was not in evidence.

Ardan didn't look up. "Welcome back. Hope your hunt went well; we've got some new info from the Guild." "What's-her-face had another one of her little nightmares, has she?" asked Liana. The Oracle was not her favorite person; worshiping mysteries was almost as irritating as worshiping ignorance. "Apparently. We've got some work ahead of us, if she's right."

He stood, hefting his axe. "All right, let's get down in there. I want this place cleared out by nightfall so we can get moving tomorrow. Liana says this place is crawling with undead. Let's give 'em a little help with the 'death' thing, whadda ya say?"

For the Fellowship's quest, I'm going to build a dungeon, a dungeon that puts all the rest to shame: the Endless Maze. It is designed specifically as a prison for pretenders (though of course I'm not gonna tell them that). All the prophecy says is that, at the very bottom, is a way for them to defeat the Dark Lord once and for all.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - Mount Green, Valk

The Destroyer's silence was deafening.

It left Him with only one response.

He looked upon his hands, stained with blood.

Would he dare? Could he?

And yet he must.

---

When its shadow first fell over the mountain, they thought it was a cloud crossing the sun. Yet the cloud did not pass, and it grew ever darker. Only when it broke through the bare wisps of cloud clinging to the mountain, did they see it. Above them hung two great hands, seemingly as vast as all of heaven. If they had arms, they were beyond mortal sight. The pair of hands came down slowly, and some felt a terrible fear deep in their bones, but the people of the mountain knew it for what it was.

The hands of a loving god.

With a rumble, a rattle, and a shake, the hands met the ground. In the village, the monastery, and all across the mountain, the people wept at the sight. For though they knew that this must mean that something was coming to harm them, their god would be there, ever vigilant, protecting them in body and mind. They would spared even the knowledge of the threat as the hands curled to meet each other, and slowly, slowly, coming together to form a cup over the holy mountain.

And darkness fell over the mountain.

And all was well.

Since I've gotten no response, I'm taking that for an answer. Moving to block the attempted annihilation of Mount Green.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The one from beyond (Iamcommunist)

He stirred with a start. Something ate the waking beast. One of the other slumbering things. It was larger but it too subsided. A predator glutted on prey.

He blinked at the world. No. That was wrong. Time skipped a beat.

The gods didn't notice it, or if they did weren't going to say anything. A retcon.

He went to sleep. Unimportant yet again.

The heart was only revealed and not taken, no earthquake killed anybody or anything. Mimsy could see the heart and see the consequence of taking it. She could probably fill the chamber that the god sized iron heart occupied with stone or earth. If she wanted to.

Ok :siren: Retcon is in effect. :siren: There was no earthquake in Baron Kar Nor's lands, Maen should not be keyed up, Mimsy can see the heart but hasn't taken it. Etc.

The Dark Lord & Amrom - The Dark Lord's Domain (Dark Lord)
45 40 Life / 20 Attack / 40 0 Influence

"I'll do you one better Amrom. Though it pains me to do so, if I piggyback on the purifier's selfless act and use it for my own ends I can purify the rest of the territories. Just like with you gods, working with another 'pretender' can net more gains." Amrom can hear something like screaming, the very act of purification harming the Dark Lord on some fundamental level. There is a ripping and tearing sound followed by pained gasps. The dead within the empire soon return to usefulness. But the living however...

The dead are all taken care of. Purifying the remaining living will cost about 15 Influence. The dead outnumber the living in your empire but if you want more useful dead when people die you'll purify the living next. The Dark Lord helped you as commanded but is now injured in the process.

Merfolk - The Freebooter Isles (Maen)

The people ANNIHILATED by the combat between Red and Kwll were dead. At least they all believed they were. Then as capricious as fate, Maen touched a tender hand on these people now in the waves. They became the people of the waves: Mer-Folk. As they took their first breaths of salty water, the dolphins and whales were there to greet them. They drove before them a tender and delicious meal. A meal that screamed. Fanged mouths devoured the cursed fish, those foes of the sea. The Mer-Folk were peaceful and gentle but like the dolphins and other mammal-friends had no love of those who would harm the seas.

The Mer-Folk are born. Fiercely loyal to the sea, they congregate among the ruins of the Isles of the Freebooters. They roam the seas with dolphins and whales who befriend them.
pre:
Genetics        has been        Advanced
Good Luck	has been	Advanced
Nature	        has been	Advanced
Oceans          has been        Advanced
The Cleansing - Beld & Dwarfhold (Magnus & Platonis)

The healers' powers were soon magnified by the power of a pretender and a god and Beld itself was soon cleansed, Dwarfhold soon followed as the guides took direction about cleaning up the divine fallout from the Great Healers. Magnus soon gained a newfound respect for Platonis. "Platonis, I... may have misjudged you earlier. Perhaps it was you and your brethren who even had the Dark Lord join my efforts. I thank you for standing by the people."

Beld and Dwarfhold are purified.

The fellowship of the King - East Norn (Platonis)

Benjamin Frank soon found himself struck with clarity and purpose yet again. He soon grabbed his fellows of the fellowship and attempted to keep them from harm while the world sorted itself out.

Benjamin Frank is free from the death curse.
pre:
Adventure       has been        Advanced 
Education	has been	Advanced
Legends	        has been	Advanced
Quests	        has been	Advanced
Monastery & Mount Green (Meroth)

As the curse was finally lifted on the mountain the monks looked up only to be smite-ed by the hand of Meroth. Its destruction was total, the monks and ents from the sides of the mountain witnessed the event in awe and terror.

The Monastery on mount green is no more, it has been Annihilated.
pre:
Death           has been        Advanced
Destruction	has been	Advanced
Fire	        has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Setback
Punishment      has been        Advanced
Terror	        has been	Advanced
Immortal Mortals - Drune, Bakhan, Drukhan (Gohdog)

Reincarnation and becoming one's own soul. They were mortal yet immortal and somehow transcended the curse of Kwll's death. They spent many hours in contemplation per day though and although they did do things worthwhile, the amount of time doing it was reduced.

Ok in Buni, Daston, Krast, Ksan, Port Scaro, Tekra, Burgen, Oliver, Stenn, Victz, Bloon, Klemm, Onnah, Osalt, Utna, and the seven unnamed towns in rune, Bakhan, Drukhan are no longer cursed affected. Your flavor is immortal soul-forms that reincarnate.
pre:
Death           has been        Setback
Destruction	has been	Setback
Lore	        has been	Advanced
Mysteries	has been	Setback
Prosperity	has been	Advanced
Undeath	        has been	Setback
Children - The World (Ignatz)

While not all children were restored to the world, many were. Ignatz was the unlikely source of this flowering. Some cursed the unknown named god because why would the children of other people be returned and not theirs? Others rejoiced and praised the god and his wisdom. It was a strange confluence of events. In some other nations the children were returned due to gohdog, in other Ignatz. Strange times indeed...

People are going to turn towards Ignatz and his ways due to returning their children to life.
pre:
Death           has been        Setback
Destruction	has been	Setback
Ignorance	has been	Advanced
Lies	        has been	Advanced
Mysteries	has been	Advanced
Peace	        has been	Advanced
Perfection	has been	Advanced
Azariah, The Loss of the Breaker of Chains (Cipher)

The troll soon found himself awakening without the sword. Clarity was gone and so was the blade. He called out to Amrom, "Heavenly father, our work is not yet done! I beseech you, help return the blade unto my hand!"

If you recall Megane, Azariah hasn't been sitting pretty. All his acts have either been removing the remnants of the Confederacy, or taking over for bad leaders and kings, petty lords, and others only out for themselves. So yeah you did create the sword to leave someone who didn't meet the requirements BUT they met the requirements as I saw them. Azariah hasn't been lording it up over anyone that's always been the Dark Lord. I've been re-reading all my old posts and in none of them has he not met the requirements. If you personally feel he has not, then feel free to pay what you've paid in influence in the PM you sent me. If for some reason Amrom wants to block this with power we can change this with a Retcon or just say that Clarity got caught, if he wins.

Clarity, with The Breaker of Chains
The sword currently has 7 Life / 6 Attack / 9 Influence.

Clarity stole off into the night like a thief, sword in hand and off to see the Dragon.

See above.

Pretender Curse Kwll, Cleansed - The World (you all know who you are)

Pretenders & gods alike suddenly working together for a miraculous result. Slowly but surely, in parts and pieces and in concert and alone they accomplished something that was more than the sum of its parts. The curse of Kwll was gone! People in every land and of every race soon found themselves awakening and becoming productive again. The gods found their domains were now unhindered.

Domains are now CLEAN! The death curse of Kwll is over! What gods put into curing it they will see increased multipliers for points out of it.
pre:
Art	        has been	Advanced
Chaos	        has been	Advanced
Cheer	        has been	Advanced
Curses          has been        Advanced
Darkness        has been        Advanced
Death           has been        Advanced
Destruction	has been	Advanced
Dreams          has been        Advanced
Education	has been	Advanced
Elves	        has been	Advanced
Empire          has been        Advanced
Fertility	has been	Advanced
Fire	        has been	Advanced
Genetics        has been        Advanced
Gluttony	has been	Advanced
Hatred	        has been	Advanced
Hospitality	has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Advanced
Industry	has been	Advanced
Inebriation	has been	Advanced
Invention	has been	Advanced
Law	        has been	Advanced
Lies	        has been	Advanced
Lore	        has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Advanced
Madness	        has been	Advanced
Moon	        has been	Advanced
Mysteries	has been	Advanced
Oceans          has been        Advanced
Peace	        has been	Advanced
Perfection	has been	Advanced
Prophecy	has been	Advanced
Punishment      has been        Advanced
Quests	        has been	Advanced
Revenge	        has been	Advanced
Science         has been        Advanced
Sorcery	        has been	Advanced
Terror	        has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Advanced
Undeath	        has been	Advanced

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Almost forgot.

The Endless Maze - East Norn

The maze soon became known as the endless, ever shifting and changing it would keep things in and never let them out. Its structure was breath taking. The band of adventurers soon went into its depths, trying to get the secret of defeating the dark lord from its bowels.

The Endless Maze is created, it has the equivalent of 30 Life.
pre:
Prophecy        has been        Advanced 
Quests          has been        Advanced

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Red - Mindscape

To Platonis: <"Your offer of treasure is extremely tempting. But I need a place to rest now. If you have an alternate location, I'm all ears.">

Red is listening.

:siren:
The Earth Warden - Woena, New Elven Empire

Still headed to destroy it. Mimsy is completely aware of it, as are the other gods only not as in depth as Mimsy.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape - The Earth Warden

As Mimsy frets over the many problems facing the Elven races she realizes the Earth Warden perilously close to a grave betrayal.

"Why are you marching on an Elven settlement with destructive intent? If you take issue with their settlement then speak to me. It predates the change and retains the corruption of the Merchant Princes."

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis to Red

Excellent, then in this case our interest are aligned. I also want you to rest now. Meroth makes a habit of giving... provocative advice. He cleared Mount Green which would seem to be an idle place for you to rest, but in doing so he angered Ignatz. Settling there will likely put you in the crossfire. Going to Dwarfhold would be dangerous indeed, and would likely provoke me, depending on your actions of course. Both suggestions seem, frankly, like an excellent way to get you killed. Let me see if we can find a more ideal alternative.

Scanning for a good place for Red to rest uninterrupted without causing any trouble.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape - Platonis and Red

"What if a new Mountain home was made?"

Mimsy gave a vague indication of the destroyed islands near where Kwyll had been imprisoned.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Maen-The Moon

"So, they sing your praises now, Ignatz. They sing them, for you return a small particle of what your foolishness brought to them. Do you hear them praise you, Ignatz? Does every heartful, thankful prayer remind you of your folly? Rest assured, I will put an end to them. What I shall do is no retribution for the destruction of the Morningstar or the consequences itself. No, I see you are doing a satisfactory job being your own judge and warden in that punishment. No, now, I shall repay you for the insult you have given to me. To come into my home, and kill those I am speaking with."

"In ignorance do they praise you, not having witnessed the truth. Well, the moon was a witness, and this night, the moonlight shall not solely bring madness, but illumination and knowledge. Not in Platonis' dull ways, but in seering art that will last the ages. Stop me, Ignatz, and you but compound the insult, and I will strike back harder next time."

Omette - Kesk

Among the artists that worked there, one received a bout of inspiration as he walked in the moonlight. From then on, he worked tirelessly on a painting. It was the greatest work he'd ever produced, or would ever produce. A painting depicting an emaciated man, covering his eyes with one hand, sending a stream of flame towards a female figure, surrounded by children. It seemed... very real. And its name was 'Ignatz dooms the world's children'

Karnn - Baron Kar-Nor's lands

While there were not quite that many artists here as in Omette, a land so favoured by the moon could not be completely bereft of them. A poet, known for her otherwise romantic odes, found inspiration in the moonlight. But her next poem was a heart rending denouncement, speaking of the pain of dead parents, and describing the rash actions on the moon which caused it. And the guilty party was named in the title. 'Ignatz'

Sunk Silvermane - Sunken Freebooter Isles

Even below the waves the moonlight reached. And a merman who went to take a wistful look at the sky found himself struck with inspiration. While they had been saved from drowning, Morningstar's death curse did take effect. A mourning song spread under the waves, spreading through the seas. Speaking of the pain caused by a god's rash foolishness. Even under the water Ignatz name might be heard.

Kratz - Bakhan

Here Maen took a special bit of attention. All the previous areas had been from centers where she was held in high esteem. But never had she given Kratz, or even Bakhan more than a passing glance. Now, an orator found himself inspired. Receiving a vision of what had transpired, he spoke to the people in fulminating, scathing speech, using artful, if somewhat bombastic denouncements, marking Ignatz by name as the worst entity in the world.

Use Influence in these four areas to use artful ways to get the message through that Ignatz is responsible for the children's death, through rashness and ignorance. Call him out by name for it.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 31, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Shogeton, and Mr. Fowl too:
Revealing Ignatz's name to the world through art is going to basically be attacking Ignatz's theme. Its not combat per say and damage won't happen in a traditional manner but it may change Ignatz as a god just as sure as someone could change Maen by destroying the moon or draining the ocean.

An interesting situation to be sure. Just kind of letting you both know.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - Hermit's Rock

From his exile far above the world, the Unnamed God pleads with the Goddess of the Moon. "I will take your punishment and more. I deserve it. But I ask one thing: do not name me directly. They know me as the Unnamed, the Idiot God, and other titles. But they cannot know my name--I would rather perish in anonymity than expose them to such perils or lay such burdensome knowledge upon them as the name of a god. I beg you, though I have no right, having trespassed in the heart of your realm; do not punish them for my sins."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Maen - The moon

"Must I care what you would rather do then, Ignatz? Did you care for my wishes when you committed acts that could very well have destroyed the moon. Could have destroyed me?" She said, some anger in her eyes, but the other god's humility cooled her wrath.

"But we worked together once, on Omette's academy. And for that, I am inclined to show mercy. But here is the condition, Ignatz. Your name will be scoured from the artwork. But only if you assist in spreading the message. Four cities have I spread it to. Four other cities will you spread the tale. They will not know your name, but they will know your fool's act. Do this, and I shall consider my point well made."

offering Mr Fowl a deal. We'll take out the name, though still clearly referring to him as The Idiot God, etc. But then Ignatz himself has to actively back it.

Also, it occurs to me I've never actually confirmed that I do claim Curses as a Domain

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 1, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter - Hermit's Rock

The silence of the void reigns as he awaits the Moon's response. When it comes, he gives his answer without complaint or hesitation. "I accept your terms. Some things must be answered, and I cannot deny them out of guilt."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Also, it occurs to me I've never actually confirmed that I do claim Curses as a Domain

:smugwizard: K, I'll remove it in future stuff. For some reason I thought it did haha.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

misunderstanding. I meant to confirm I claim curses as domain

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis - private mindscape to Mimsy

"I'm afraid that I, too, am exhausted. I exerted the fullness of my power on the great healing, to cleanse the world of the taint created by the unfortunate battle between Red and Kwill. My other capacities are strong, but I feel disconnected from the mortal world at the moment. I do not think I can create a mountain right now. If you wished to do it for me I would be grateful. I believe there are many ways to assure the longetivity of your chosen people, perhaps we can work together on that. For now I would prefer to find an already existing safe place for him to rest."

I scan for suitable locations.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Maen - Moon

"Very well then Ignatz. Then strike with inspiration, and through art, bestow knowledge. You have a year and a day to do this."

Over the many places Maen had inspired, artists suddenly found that part of their masterpiece had escaped their minds. Oh, they knew every word, every note and ever brushstroke. But that one name... it was maddening. One night they knew it, and the next they had forgotten it. So, the artwork referred to 'The Idiot God' or 'the Blind God' and the artists remained ever frustrated and dissatisfied of the work which was... not quite what they originally thought.

Modifying my plan to remove Ignatz names from the artworks

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 4, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Platonis - The world

Platonis finds he could create anywhere a place for the big dragon to go. He could even recreate Red's mountain. A place that wouldn't ruffle any feathers or wouldn't screw over some mortal agency that already existed though? That would be tough.

You can pick literally anywhere but it will have effects. If you create him a high space it might be better than choosing an existing one with native issues.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Red - Mindscape

To Mimsy & Platonis: <"A new created space would work. I need a place to keep my things and my pretties can fawn over me.">

The Earth Warden

To Mimsy: The Warden paused. <"Oh? What is to be done about this then? They seemed like corrupted elves to me. I didn't realize in my zeal to rebalance the world. This world is alot more complicated now a days...">

She's not smashing but listening.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape to Red

“I am preparing to build your new home, I am putting all of the details into your awareness before I act. Should this not be to your liking let me know so that we can build to suit. I want to be sure you know I bear no ill will towards you despite recent events.”

Sharing the details of my next action with Red for confirmation before I perform the action.

Mimsy - Old Man Red’s Mountain [Name Change Pending?], Cult of the Dragon

The gathered rubble, earth, and plants from the Great Devastation made excellent building materials. From all over the smote ruins Mimsy gathered the parts high above where Red’s old lair had been.

It would be a fit capital for the Dragon’s Empire. His to name and command, there would be ample room for wildlife and forest and farming while housing Red’s underlings and devotees. Protected by its height there would be few who could access it without permission who did not possess adventurous spirit and give heroic effort. An ornate vault, private to the Dragon’s Chambers would be an ideal spot to greedily hoard his wealth.

To solve the problem of travel Mimsy once again looked to the Platonic University. Some drawings of airships seemed fitting, and by adding some sorcery to the science of the inventions she created a small fleet of the things, completely automated to serve as regular transport at perfect and regular intervals to and from the floating Isle.

I’m building Red a floating Island. It’ll also serve as his capital, but the Mountain in the center will be HIS. Also tossing in airships to solve the travel issue. Adding in space for Nature because hey I have that domain.

Mimsy - Mindscape to Earth Warden

“They are not corrupted Elves so much as Humans I attempted to turn Elvish. Whether I did not put enough might into the task or these mortals had a different take on what being an Elf means I do not know. Their ways are similar to the humans on the surface, but you’ll see they are much more careful not to disturb the balance of Nature as it is now.
Mimsy shares knowledge of the maps of the world with the Earth Warden

You’ll now see how low the Elves have fallen. A few centuries more would have pushed them to extinction had I not heard their calls. You’ll also see how far the humans have spread, and the destruction of Nature their spread has wrought.

I have some ideas, but I cannot - I WILL NOT - tolerate any setback to the Elves. Their recent setback to mortality has shown Amrom as my enemy, and I will deal with that before any concern about their dwellings. If you want to set back industry and the destruction of Nature I would advise you to look to the North. With all due respect for your interests, should you not change the dwellings it will be my first project in the new year.

As far as the Golden Elves’ dwellings themselves, I had an idea of a blend between my ideals and those of Platonis. A blend of nature and technology, actually complimenting each other instead of this ruthless battle. Do you take offense to the use of metal and glass rather than stone?

I know you have had your disagreement with Platonis, but we have been careful not to step on each other and accommodate each other’s Domains. He is overcautious but means well.”

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Tree of Life, Elven Retreat

Mimsy manifested as a Great Elven Lordess next to the dying tree. Kwll and the Elves had been more intertwined than any had realized. A little power would suffice to fix the problem, but Mimsy had no desire to merely patch the damage done. All mortals, Elves included, had suffered for the actions of the gods, but had any gods suffered for the sake of those under their wings?

Mimsy made a call out to certain others.

Mimsy - Mindscape - Platonis

“I will require the Iron Heart of Thule in the beginning of the new year. It may be a matter of divine life and death.”

Mimsy shares the location of the Iron Heart of Thule in Baron Kar Nor’s Lands.

Mimsy - Mindscape - Maen

“There is an artifact in the lands of your influence, the Iron Heart of Thule. I am asking Platonis to bring it to me. Please allow this, I beg of you.”

Mimsy - Tree of Life, Elven Retreat

With her messages sent, Mimsy sighed. Plunging her hands into her chest she grasped her own heart and pulled. The birds of the forest took flight and the animals ran and slithered and the insects scattered as she screamed in pain. When the deed was done she pressed her own heart into the Tree of Life, a sacrifice in the name of all Elves. No longer would it be hers, it would be the Heart of Elvenkind. With such an aligned artifact, the Elves would no doubt be greater than they were before. How, though…

The pain of the act still rang in her ears. “Take care, little ones.” She began to shift her divine essence into the tree, possessing it to stay close to the Heart of Elvenkind and to maintain herself in her maimed state.

A gift of love and sacrifice unto elvenkind. This should put them at least into Tolkien-Elf levels of awesomeness. Immortality except by injury or disease, better senses, more physically able, etc. Mimsy is now maimed without her heart, and carries whatever consequences come with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss