Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Exercise is a pretty good treatment for fat, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
imo fat people should be rendered down and used as fuel

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

finally somebodys talking some freaking sense

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you're fat just starve yourself. your rear end will sustain you.

it's like a disgusting survival kit.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

If we still used oil lamps this epidemic would have never gotten out of control.

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013
If this had been a chick in a wheelchair, or with some kind of facial scarring or whatever it would have worked really well. As it was there was just a fat girl complaining that she doesn't get all the hot man rear end that was her birthright as a woman. There was a scene in that episode where Louie and his fat buddy eat two massive meals one after another, so I dunno, Louie seems to realize what causes fatness but apparently not eating like a loving hog is too difficult.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I am not joking or being ironic in any way when I state that I do truly view fat people as basically having negative value and that I try to avoid interacting with them.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
further, that fat chicks who get all preachy about how sexy they are should all be quietly disappeared.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Maoist Pussy posted:

This enrages me on so many levels

im privileged enough to be a fat rear end and instead of trying to cut back and maybe exercise im going to flaunt how terrible of a human being i am

take that, kids in africa

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Carborundum posted:

There was a scene in that episode where Louie and his fat buddy eat two massive meals one after another, so I dunno, Louie seems to realize what causes fatness but apparently not eating like a loving hog is too difficult.
Hey, there went the whole point of the show. You almost caught it!
It's almost like successful fat men are judged differently than overweight women. I wonder why the show started with the one viewpoint and ended with the other?
No, really, this is a mystery to me.

If you wanted to tell this story, can you think of a manner in which you'd introduce the topic of being overweight for men (BANG BANG!) and then showed how it might be different for women? If you tried, could you make it MORE obvious?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 14, 2014

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Dolphin posted:

you didn't even read the site

I skimmed, the data on the study cited is too untrustworthy to take seriously, "About 60%–70% of the people in all three groups could no longer be classed as having major depression." after 4 months of either zoloft, exercise, or both. That data is absurd. I'm going to caution a guess that like 20% of the people in the study actually had depression and/or the study's parameters were dubious as gently caress. Ask anyone who's suffered with depression who exercises regularly, they will tell you the exact same thing I do.

edit:typed weeks instead of months.

jarjarbinksfan621 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 14, 2014

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Dr. Faustus posted:

It's almost like successful fat men are judged differently than overweight women. I wonder why the show started with the one viewpoint and ended with the other?

If you wanted to tell this story, can you think of a manner in which you'd introduce the topic of being overweight for men (BANG BANG!) and then showed how it might be different for women? If you tried, could you make it MORE obvious?

are you an overweight lady

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
thing is different from other thing, unfair! *chugs 2-liter of Krispy Kreme*

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

you post like a fat woman

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

I am not joking or being ironic in any way when I state that I do truly view fat people as basically having negative value and that I try to avoid interacting with them.

lipstick thespian is that you?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
look guys its not acceptable for anyone to be fat

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i love it when my dates spontaneously burst into dramatic monologues about gender politics

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Its just not as much of a loss when dudes are fat because they are usually not that great to look at in the first place

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

I skimmed, the data on the study cited is too untrustworthy to take seriously, "About 60%–70% of the people in all three groups could no longer be classed as having major depression." after 4 weeks of either zoloft, exercise, or both. That data is absurd. I'm going to caution a guess that like 20% of the people in the study actually had depression and/or the study's parameters were dubious as gently caress. Ask anyone who's suffered with depression who exercises regularly, they will tell you the exact same thing I do.
i'm going to hazard a guess that you're full of poo poo, and despite that being the first page that "exercise and depression" pulls up on google (despite actually knowing how to do academic research but not feeling like it) i'll go with the report from the harvard medical school over the one paragraph post from jarjarbinksfan621

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

FordPRefectLL posted:

look guys its not acceptable for anyone to be fat

spoken like a true fatty

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Also, while all fats tend to smell disgusting, women have a higher ceiling for potential crotch odor problems, so a fat woman just puts one in mind of a greater potential for olfactory horror

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dr. Faustus posted:

I don't buy it, take away the "successful" and suddenly everyone gets judged the same

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

e: oops didn't realize I was in gbs

Torka fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 14, 2014

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Dolphin posted:

i'm going to hazard a guess that you're full of poo poo, and despite that being the first page that "exercise and depression" pulls up on google (despite actually knowing how to do academic research but not feeling like it) i'll go with the report from the harvard medical school over the one paragraph post from jarjarbinksfan621

You really believe that exercise/a single random anti-depressant has anywhere near a 60-70% efficacy rate on curing major depression? Prestigious schools are not only capable of citing lousy studies, they are often the ones conducting them. How am I full of poo poo? For having a dissenting opinion that's actually pretty reasonable for anyone that knows anything about depression?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
is it really that bad if there's a double standard for fat men and fat women

you shouldn't be fat anyway so it's kind of a lame thing to complain about. choose your battles is all

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I've got some out there opinions about who should be fat and how much poo poo they should catch because of it

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Cucking Mama posted:

I've got some out there opinions about who should be fat and how much poo poo they should catch because of it

honestly i don't think fat people really deserve to catch any poo poo IRL unless they're whining to you about thin privilege, they're in imminent danger of keeling over and their family/friends are staging an intervention, or it's coming from a doctor. is that out there? idk. you should be nice to be people when you're not on the internet

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Cucking Mama posted:

I've got some out there opinions about who should be fat

nobody

Cucking Mama posted:

and how much poo poo they should catch because of it

tons, heh

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

lonesomedwarf posted:

are you an overweight lady

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

you post like a fat woman
Sure, whatever. Shaming is cool.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Dr. Faustus posted:

Fat shaming is cool.

it is

go back to This Is Thin Privelege

Benedick Cuckold posted:

honestly i don't think fat people really deserve to catch any poo poo IRL unless they're whining to you about thin privilege, they're in imminent danger of keeling over and their family/friends are staging an intervention, or it's coming from a doctor. is that out there? idk. you should be nice to be people when you're not on the internet

no

fats are scum

they should be reminded that they are scum at all times

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Shaming is medicine for the fatness that is in your soul

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

More like Dr. Fatass xDDD

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
seriously that speech at the end where she is whining about how lovely it is being fat and her life is so terrible yet somehow never mentions losing weight at any point

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Riotgrrill posted:

More like Dr. Fatass xDDD

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guy with a yacht millionaire so relatable.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

baw posted:

seriously that speech at the end where she is whining about how lovely it is being fat and her life is so terrible yet somehow never mentions losing weight at any point

uhmmm tyroid porblems you insensitive gently caress!!?!?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

HP Lovecraft's "The Non-Euclidian FUPA Of Hayward"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Midnight Meat Train

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

You really believe that exercise/a single random anti-depressant has anywhere near a 60-70% efficacy rate on curing major depression?
No, but I believe that many major depressive episodes don't last longer than a few months at a time, and considering that around 10-15% of people having a major depressive episode see improvements without any treatment at all that 60-70% of people improving after 16 weeks of a treatment program isn't unbelievable. The bar for major depression doesn't start at Vincent Van Gogh level "I want to kill myself every day of my life" and exercise has been shown in countless studies to improve symptoms of depression in most people suffering from it. So yeah, you're full of poo poo.

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 09:34 on May 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
you ever ask anybody why they don't exercise regularly? they always say some weak fat poo poo by way of explanation

• Locked thread