Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Sweet, only took 10 pages into the thread for the sperging to ensue.

Great show though!

Eh, compared to Lost or True Detective this is nothing, just a minor analysis of the material, no full-scale sperguments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Sweet, only took 10 pages into the thread for the sperging to ensue.

Great show though!

This show is my life. I am the sperglord. I sit in this goddamn cubicle for at least 50 hours a week and hold peoples' hands through simple programming tasks that they still manage to gently caress up for reasons that are unclear to me. I get assignments from my bosses to do this relatively simple thing and I have to work with a bunch of goddamn people who still like writing things out on paper and doing excel sheets 8 hours a day instead of writing a simple script in 15 minutes and spending the rest of the day on something more important and less tedious. I am currently on a project that was supposed to take 2 months, but the technical leader ignored everything I said and it turned into a twisted mess of new kiddy programmer buttfuckery and we had to scrap it. I was laughed out of a meeting room for suggesting that we put the breaks on immediately implementing things and set up a unit test framework. It is now a year and a half later and we are putting the finishing touches on the second version, after a complete overhaul, and having everyone on the original team except me fired. I hate you all. I hate myself. I hate this loving industrial park wasteland. I have a drinking problem. I'm going to go the work crew thread to figure out ways to day-drink in my cube.

Seriously though, this show is great.

Storgar fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 14, 2014

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Great show.
poo poo thread.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only thing this show's missing is either Ajay Naidu or David Herman making a cameo as Senior VPs somewhere.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The facial acting in this episode was on another level.

Dinesh also had my favorite line of the night. "You're right. She probably wanted to gently caress a danish."

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only thing this show's missing is either Ajay Naidu or David Herman making a cameo as Senior VPs somewhere.

Herman has done a ton of voice acting for the revived Beavis and Butthead so that wouldn't surprise me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Henchman of Santa posted:

The facial acting in this episode was on another level.

Dinesh also had my favorite line of the night. "You're right. She probably wanted to gently caress a danish."

I lost my poo poo when Richard was trying relax his mouth. Holy poo poo that was hilarious.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I give the show a pass on the Carver plotline because this was the first episode where Peter Gregory was noticeably absent.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

tbp posted:

I give the show a pass on the Carver plotline because this was the first episode where Peter Gregory was noticeably absent.

You know the actor passed away and only shot 5 episodes right? Now you can feel bad for being a dick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

tbp posted:

Yeah, we should probably get used to that.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

teagone posted:

You know the actor passed away and only shot 5 episodes right? Now you can feel bad for being a dick.

That's specifically why I said it in the first place lol they probably had to rewrite the episode quickly because of it

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
looool what a poo poo thread guyyys

guys?

guys???

:sigh:

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

teagone posted:

I lost my poo poo when Richard was trying relax his mouth. Holy poo poo that was hilarious.

They get the mannerisms just right without coming off as over acting.

old dog child posted:

As a guy who isn't a nerd coder, I find the show to be highly enjoyable and extremely engaging. Please don't nitpick the coding or you might as well complain about all the ways Games of Thrones isn't exactly like the books, thanks.

It's a great show everyone here needs to lighten up just a bit. It's my favourite comedy airing on TV now, and I don't want you guys ruining it.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
I like to think that they intentionally get minor details wrong just to troll nerds and cause pages-long spergfests like this thread.

Speaking of which, have any redditors called this show "nerd blackface" yet? Because if that happens the show will truly have succeeded.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Storgar posted:

looool what a poo poo thread guyyys

guys?

guys???

:sigh:

Everybody is too busy arguing about fatties in the Louie thread to engage in this one.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

smg77 posted:

Everybody is too busy arguing about fatties in the Louie thread to engage in this one.
They did an episode about fat acceptance, so it's not like it's unwarranted to discuss it.

I don't know that there's much to say about this show yet other than "I really like this show," which sort of stifles discussion. Mike Judge is always at his best exploring conflicting personality types, and it's really strong here. And funny. And good.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

grading essays nude posted:

I like to think that they intentionally get minor details wrong just to troll nerds and cause pages-long spergfests like this thread.

Speaking of which, have any redditors called this show "nerd blackface" yet? Because if that happens the show will truly have succeeded.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone in tviv already call it this right around the time of the first episode, and even if they were being ironic I'm gonna pretend they weren't.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It is a coder minstrel show.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

teagone posted:

Literally the only funny contribution Middleditch has made to the entire show, as far as I'm concerned.

The Dinesh/Gilfoyle hate-mance remains my absolute favorite thing about the show, even if the twist was a little predictable.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

wooger posted:

Its not a nitpick, it's simply not possible to jack up source code like that as everyone uses version control systems that *at worst* could revert all the changes in moments.

There are countless details that can be there only to appeal to people in the industry, things like this undo that work.

I'm afraid, as someone who does work in the industry, not 'everyone' uses source control, or at least not often enough that there couldn't be a couple of days' work left uncommitted to be blown away. I could especially believe it of a startup ;)

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
Erlich slapping that kid was the hardest I laughed at a TV show in a long time.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

BigHead, LittleMouth.

God I love Andy Daly Doctor.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Ahh cupcake lady plant, brilliant.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Erlich is gonna gently caress the new wife....

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Holy. poo poo. These pitches. This is the best episode.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

This guy looks exactly like Dean Kamen

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Brock Samson posted:

Erlich is gonna gently caress the new wife....

:smuggo:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
"I asked her point-blank if she was crazy" is such a great line.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

This show needs more room to breathe.

A lot more episodes next season, please.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Having actually attended Techcrunch Disrupt and pitched at a YCombinator Demo Day (similar in format) myself, I can say that those awful pitches were not an exaggeration (nor was the pacing and puking backstage). Sure, there are much better pitches, but almost everyone uses a gazillion buzzwords and has their equivalent of "solving world peace" in the startup world.

That was loving hilarious.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

gently caress outta here fgt that was obvious as hell

Erlich continues to be insanely funny though that ending was amazing

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

tbp posted:

gently caress outta here fgt that was obvious as hell

bro i will code u into the floor

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'll buy a Human Heater from you, sad presentation man :unsmith:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That can not be safe.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dinesh and Gilfoil (sp?) are literally the best part of this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

That can not be safe.

The only thing that would've made that scene better is if one of the 'testers' started getting a nosebleed and passed out.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Hot drat this episode was awesome. From the java code Dinesh fell in love with to that loving ending. Jared seems to be mildly broken after spending four days on a robot island though :ohdear:.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only thing that would've made that scene better is if one of the 'testers' started getting a nosebleed and passed out.

Yeah, I was fully expecting something terrible to happen to one of them when he said they were "fine."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Or he managed to turn it on and it malfunctioned, tossing out an EMP that fried *everything* in the hall. Next scene would be his unconscious and bloodied body crucified on a booth gantry.

Also, when you think about it, Ehrlich hosed his way into a solution to the problem. That judge will definitely get kicked off the panel, and Ehrlich has potential for legal action against the organizers, so they'll have a reason to judge Pied Piper more favorably.

And yes, Jared's breakdown is going to be fun to watch.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

withak posted:

Dinesh and Gilfoil (sp?) are literally the best part of this.

Absolutely. Individually or in tandem both characters are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
honestly the more this show goes on the more weak the lead is.

Richard is just a giant vortex that mostly ruins the scenes he's in; Idk if it's the actor or the writing but I absolutely hate his plots

• Locked thread