Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Christian Ponder getting cut would be good enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Jaguars wish list:
  • Joeckel turns out to be at least pretty good at LT
  • Henne stays uninjured and plays okay-ish so they aren't forced to put Bortles in before he might be ready
  • The team isn't an embarrassment on all fronts
  • Sweep the Titans

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I want to see an unusually low number of injuries for the Bengals since that'll go a long way toward getting into the playoffs and maybe winning one of those games or something? Like even the first one in the crap round that doesn't really count. That would be fine. Sorry, I don't know if that's allowed

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I don't give a gently caress about records this year. Just win, Peypey.

e: also defense something better something

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 14, 2014

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Moreno and miller combine for 2250+ yards from scrimmage would be nice

Uh, that would be a LOT. There were only 4 teams that had their top 2 backs combine for that much yardage last year: Philly and KC (which was 90 percent McCoy and Charles, respectively), Detroit, and San Diego. That's something that even teams with legit stud RBs don't usually do.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
My list for the Vikings for offense:

• Bridgewater looks good during training camp and the preseason, but the starts the season behind Cassel.
  • Cassel performs well in Norv Turner's system and gives the Vikings time to bring Bridgewater along slowly.
  • 200-yards passing per game no longer seems like an insurmountable goal.
  • Cordarrelle Patterson and Greg Jennings take on bigger roles in the passing game and at least one of them eclipses 1,000 yards receiving.
  • Kyle Rudolph stays healthy.
  • Vikings QBs combine for over 25 passing TDs.
  • Peterson rushes for at least 1,400 yards and 12 TDs with reduced carries.
  • Kalil and Sullivan stay healthy.
  • Jarius Wright is used more in Turner's offense. (Probably 40-50 receptions and 600-700 yards receiving)

My Vikings list for defense:

• The Vikings move up 10-15 spots in total defense. They won't be a top 10 defense yet given their schedule and all of the youth on defense, but with a modern scheme, better coaching, and a big infusion of talent, then the D should make big strides over last year.
  • 3rd down defense will move to the middle of the pack.
  • Run defense will move closer to the top 10.
  • Pass defense will improve, but I don't think the talent is there yet to crack the top 20 given the schedule, but better coaching and better depth should help.
  • Antone Exum will be starting at SS by the end of the season.
  • Captain Munnerlyn will score at least two TDs on defense.
  • Harrison Smith will stay healthy and make a big jump in production under Zummer.
  • Zimmer will salvage Josh Robinson and turn him into a decent corner.
  • Anthony will have 5-8 sacks in his rookie season, but will look much better in 2015 when he's had time to put on strength, work on his hands, and developing more passing moves than just the speed rush.
  • Greenway will be a 2-down player by the end of the year, with Gerald Hodges getting snaps as a nickel linebacker.
  • Sharrif Floyd will continue to improve. He'll start providing more consistent pressure up the middle, which will create sack opportunities for Robison, Griffen, and Barr.
  • Sack production will stay around the same even with the loss of Allen and Kevin Williams, but in general the team will generate more consistent pressure.

Aniki fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 14, 2014

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

This.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

1) Reduce the Seahawks to a fine paste.

Anything else is negotiable.

Step 2) Win the Super Bowl, I guess

#1 Is what's important here.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Bills:

Don't move to another city.

You can pretty much put that as my hope and goal until I die.

\/\/\/\/\/ you are scum

Sheen Sheen fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 14, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sheen Sheen posted:

Bills:

Don't move to another city.

That reminds me, another hope&goal: Los Angeles steals a team and finalizes the goddamn stadium plan

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Johnny Manziel throws for 5,500 yards and wins rookie of the year and MVP

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
for this year i hope a certain salty chiefs poster learns to love the oakland raiders as they crash to another 4-12 finish

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

just to balance my hopes of which ive posted 3, here's some goals for the season:

add 20 lbs to my bench
finish my fiber optic cert
move back out of my mom's place

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

turns out the cancer is back, so ive lost all hope. guess its just goals from here on out boys

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

goal: beat the dick cancer currently infesting my nads so i can get back to beating my dick

goal: regain hope so i can continue posting football hopes itt

fat greasy puto fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 15, 2014

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Houston Texans
- Don't suck.
- Don't start Tom Savage, ever.
- Kill/maim/terrify Andrew Luck.
- Be competent on offense.

Arizona Cardinals
- Make the playoffs.
- Beat the Niners.

(remember they went 10-6 last season and if there was justice in the universe would've made the playoffs)

Philadelphia Eagles
- Nick Foles has a good season. Obviously he's going to regress because nobody is that good all the time, but I have faith.
- Make the playoffs again.
- Win a playoff game.
- Have a passably competent pass defense.
- Don't regret cutting DJax.
- Sweep, and preferably humiliate, the Cowboys.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

hughesta posted:

Sweep the loving Packers.
edit: holy poo poo

Sweep the stupid loving Bears. And the stupid loving Vikings. And the stupid loving Lions.

6-0 in the division. The Packers are the only team that's done it in the last 27 years, let's do it again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

Sweep the stupid loving Bears. And the stupid loving Vikings. And the stupid loving Lions.

6-0 in the division. The Packers are the only team that's done it in the last 27 years, let's do it again.

Teams do it all the time.

edit: or do you just mean the NFC North

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
New York Jets

In order of priority

1)Destroy the hopes and dreams of Dolphins fans
2)Beat the Patriots at least once
3)Don't gently caress up against the Buffalo Bills
4)Do all of this and still manage to win 10 games so we can go to the playoffs

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fenrir posted:

I kinda want to see the Packers beat the Lions in the playoffs so we knock the entire NFC North out of the playoffs in a 5 year time span.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This isn't so much a hope or goal but man am I pumped to see more Gio Bernard.

I guess my hope would be for more Bernard, as much as possible without breaking him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I've changed my mind, my new goal is for someone to burn Lambeau field to the ground, salt the earth, and poison the green bay.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Just for Ndamukong Suh to crush John Kuhn so hard that the National Guard is called in for the ensuing race riots.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

R.D. Mangles posted:

I've changed my mind, my new goal is for someone to burn Lambeau field to the ground, salt the earth, and poison the green bay.

The Bay and the Fox River's already poisoned so you're a third of the way there!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beautiful Ninja posted:

New York Jets

In order of priority

1)Destroy the hopes and dreams of Dolphins fans
2)Beat the Patriots at least once
3)Don't gently caress up against the Buffalo Bills
4)Do all of this and still manage to win 10 games so we can go to the playoffs

5)no more (noun)cat plays

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Here are some for the Bills

1) Stay healthy at the top
Last year, a number of players missed significant time due to being injured, including but not limited to: E.J. Manuel, Thad Lewis, Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Robert Woods, Scott Chandler, and Stephon Gilmore(Stevie Johnson and Jairus Byrd as well, though they are no longer with the team). This led us to doing stuff like fielding Justin Rogers at CB across from Leodis McKelvin and starting Jeff Tuel. Of course, you can criticize the quality of the depth, but injuries deeply impacted the offense in particular.

2) E.J. Manuel needs to step up
I scoff at the idea that E.J. struggled badly in his rookie year. He certainly had a few bad games(the Tampa Bay game produced the ugliest stat-line, but the Steelers game was just as bad), but he also looked good in a number of games. "Typical" rookie stuff, at least as of a few years ago, before the Andrew Lucks and Russel Wilsons of the world made transitioning to the NFL look easy(at least in the all-important "wins" stat). His rash of knee injuries was the real impediment to his development last year. He needs to stay healthy, but he also needs to avoid having more games as bad as the Bucs or Steelers games. Luckily for him, the front office has taken several concrete steps to improve the offensive line and (arguably) improve the receiver corp, as well as hiring a dedicated QB coach with a good track record. All without bringing in anyone to challenge him, an unusual show of faith in today's NFL.

3) Let's do some winning maybe?
Everyone knows 1999 was the last time we made the playoffs. I'm not even really certain what those are anymore, but it's only been 10 years since we had a winning season, back in '04. We went 9-7. That has been an unachievable pipe-dream ever since. So why not pile up some wins? At least 8-8 guys. Come on, please?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Texans!

1) Stay healthy - Last year we had such an abominable number of injuries that it'd be nice to not see guys like Foster, Cushing, and Joseph be out for entire months.

2) Consistent growth - I'm not really expecting playoffs this year, weak schedule or otherwise, and if given the choice I'd like to see the team get better as time goes on. In particular, I want to see the rookies be better at the end of the season than they were to begin with; if all that we have to show by the end of the season is a team that others will hate to play in 2015, then I'll be satisfied.

3) Win the close ones! - Houston ended up playing ten games last season decided by a touchdown or less and lost eight of them, with the other two being their only wins of the season. Any improvement there would be great therapy for all the gutted, bitter Sunday afternoons from last season.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
For the Colts:

1) Luck doesn't get killed behind a shaky O-line for the 3rd year in a row. Seriously, he makes due without a line but maybe we could see how much he'd be if he wasn't rushed/hurried/knocked down more than any QB in the league?

2) Vontae Davis lives up to his contract. Hahahaha :suicide:

3) The WR corps lights it up. If Nicks and Wayne come back to 80% of their old form, Hilton continues to improve and WR #4 (whoever the hell that might be) contributes meaningfully, this could be a hell of a passing attack. Fleener and Allen will also draw coverage.

4) Trent Richardson does something. Anything, really. Bradshaw and Ballard both were playing lights out prior to injury so Trent 3.0 needs to justify his existence. Of course, I'm still holding out hope against hope that Richardson becomes the next Edge and Luck has a feature back for the next 5 years.

5) The Defense is mediocre. Our secondary is poo poo and teams are going to gash us passing. I'm cautiously optimistic that the D-line and LB corps will be above average and might be able to stop the run for once in their goddamned lives. However, the safeties are terrible and there is no reliable CB depth. With our offense, the defense doesn't need to be stellar, just adequate.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
1) Don't let Wilson die. It sucks to see him in the top 5 of the Times Sacked list.
2) Prevent the passing offense from backsliding. The loss of Tate is sad, but hopefully a healthy Harvin + Richardson + Norwood will make up for his contributions. I'm especially excited about Norwood.
3) Win the Super Bowl again. It would be cool to beat like... I dont know, some annoying team (Dolphins??? Jets?) in a Super Bowl.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Offense doesn't regress, defense becomes league average, Bears beat the Packers.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Schwack posted:

1) Don't let Wilson die. It sucks to see him in the top 5 of the Times Sacked list.
2) Prevent the passing offense from backsliding. The loss of Tate is sad, but hopefully a healthy Harvin + Richardson + Norwood will make up for his contributions. I'm especially excited about Norwood.
3) Win the Super Bowl again. It would be cool to beat like... I dont know, some annoying team (Dolphins??? Jets?) in a Super Bowl.

How are the Dolphins or Jets your choices for teams to beat in the Super Bowl. I expected Pats, Broncos, Ravens, or Steelers. You know, successful teams, not teams that are only not a laughing stock because the Browns exist.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

All I ask is that the Texans win more than two games

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

All I ask is that the Texans win more than two games

This sounds a lot like me, but for college football. It really can't get much worse.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Cowboys:

Romo & Murray have healthy productive seasons Seriously, after spending 1st round picks on the OLine 3 of the last 4 years it should be one of the best in the league. While there's a 90% chance the defense will be a dumpster fire hopefully Romo can actually be kept healthy all year and Murray has another 1000+ yard season so at least the offense will be entertaining.

DeMarcus Lawrence and Morris Claiborne play decently Even if odds are the defense as whole will be terrible hopefully Lawrence has a good season and lives up to expectations as a pass rusher, justifying the Cowboys trading up for him when they could have just sat pat and gotten Ealy and Nix. Also for Claiborne to finally play competently after that shoulder injury derailed him completely last year and not end up one of the biggest 1st round busts in franchise history.

A feast or famine season Really I'm just tired of the team going 8-8 at this point and JJ continuing to rationalize keeping Garrett as the head coach. If the team can't play above their heads and get into the playoffs, then I hope for a 5-11 or worse finish with hilarious defensive ineptitude and nonstop funslinging on offense finally signaling Garrett's demise. Unexpectedly good or entertainingly terrible, I'll take either.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
All I need from this season is for Denver to walk into Seattle week three and absolutely just push their poo poo in at home in front of the 12th man.

Then ride that victory to an undefeated season ending in a hilarious blowout superbowl to the Packers or something.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

swickles posted:

How are the Dolphins or Jets your choices for teams to beat in the Super Bowl. I expected Pats, Broncos, Ravens, or Steelers. You know, successful teams, not teams that are only not a laughing stock because the Browns exist.

Honestly? Most of the teams I really dislike are in the NFC. They've already beaten the Broncos, and the Ravens are pretty cool. My heart couldnt possibly take another Steelers Super Bowl and I really have no feelings about the Patriots.

I just kinda picked two AFC teams that I don't much care for.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want a Vikings/Chargers superbowl so both teams could somehow not win.

And the stadium could get blown up like in that one book

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Or the book where Chewbacca gets crushed by a moon.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I want a Vikings/Chargers superbowl so both teams could somehow not win.

And the stadium could get blown up like in that one book

Well that's just silly. The Chargers have only made one Super Bowl appearance.

It has to be Vikings/Bills.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Schwack posted:

Honestly? Most of the teams I really dislike are in the NFC. They've already beaten the Broncos, and the Ravens are pretty cool. My heart couldnt possibly take another Steelers Super Bowl and I really have no feelings about the Patriots.

I just kinda picked two AFC teams that I don't much care for.

I'd rather watch us lose to the browns or bills than crush the steelers so maybe I'm a softy. i feel the same about them like i would a wounded herbivore, i just want to nurture and protect them even at my own expense. go Browns you're my 2014 team. i'm preparing my metabolism and my kidneys & liver in particular for the heartbreak you deal so prolifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I'd like the Cowboys to have a horrible losing season despite MVP-quality play from Romo, who drags the offense to 35+ points per game.

• Locked thread