Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
This might be the greatest picture involving Tito in the history of mma journalism -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

This might be the greatest picture involving Tito in the history of mma journalism -

I need a breakdown of what's happening here.

I can't process it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

dc: my man's fighting and i sincerely, respectfully hope he wins

rampage: my emotions won't let me deal with this rationally

He did say Mo will put an end to Rampage's career which if you are delusional like Rampage you might think has a future. Then again Tim Sylvia is still fighting, so maybe it isn't delusional.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

It's extra great because you just know Luke is hating life by having to communicate with Tito

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Captain Log posted:

I need a breakdown of what's happening here.

I can't process it.

What you are seeing is a Jon Fitch temporal image of Tito Ortiz never shutting up. He's oblivious to his surroundings as he gazes into the distance and persistently talks. And talks. And talks. Luke Thomas looks at you, petrified, unable to stop what is happening but draws satisfaction by trapping you as well in Tito Ortiz's Never Ending Bullshit.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Why does Tito look like Wanderlei's Japanese cousin?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

fatherdog posted:

Wow, they Tito's head almost looks smaller than Luke's.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Is there any way to watch tomorrow's card in the UK legally?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Wow, they Tito's head almost looks smaller than Luke's.
Here's Luke interviewing what looks to be a child, judging by their respective sizes:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/15/5722122/fighting-heavier-opponent-alexander-shlemenko-following-path-of

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

tito's noggin posted:

“I don’t listen to the naysayers,” Ortiz said at Thursday’s pre-UFC 120 media session. “I listen to the yaysayers.”

(I don't know why MMA Junkie thought this was UFC 120 and not Bellator 120)

quote:

“This Russian called me out, and I think he made a big mistake,” Ortiz said. “He was counting his chickens before they hatched, and this is a man that’s neither a chicken nor an egg – and I’m going to smash him like an egg.”

What a beguiling turn of phrase. The man has a gift.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/bellator-120s-tito-ortiz-im-ready-for-15-minutes-of-hell

outy
Aug 27, 2004

willie_dee posted:

Is there any way to watch tomorrow's card in the UK legally?

It's on "Viva" at 10pm Sunday.

http://uk.viva.tv/shows/bellator

Freeview 21
Virgin 317
Sky 357

I suspect it'll be in mono audio, low res, interlaced, wrong aspect ratio and with an advert break after every punch (the listing has it on for 5 hours).

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Looking at part of the URL, I thought the story was "interviewing Tito Ortiz is 15 minutes of hell".

That would have been a more accurate title.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ditch posted:

Looking at part of the URL, I thought the story was "interviewing Tito Ortiz is 15 minutes of hell".

That would have been a more accurate title.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

Thomas: What is the sense here, are the ticket sales where they need to be? Are you getting the return, so far, that you'd expected?

Rebney: Oh yeah, look, the ROI on this, so far has been spectacular. It goes deeper than that, it goes to what is happening with the affiliates. The affiliates right now are looking at a situation where the WWE is pulling out with the WWE Network, you know, and also at the same time, the UFC is pulling out to a certain extent with the Fight Pass or Fight Network, or whatever they're doing. Right now, we're completely at home with those affiliates. So, the Time Warners, the Comcasts, the DirecTVs, the iN DEMANDS, etcetera, have really come on board to support this event in an amazing way. So, you're seeing it everywhere. The radio, the TV, the digital print is everywhere. So, Rampage is supporting it, King Mo is supporting it, Tito's doing a great job, Shlemenko, where he can now, in his broken English is doing a great job. I feel it and everybody who I know, that I've ever touched in the fight business, is coming to me going "Man, I see that thing everywhere. It's big." So, it is... The reaction to it is what I hoped the reaction to it would be and I think these guys are going to deliver.

:allears: Can't wait to see the actual numbers

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i stay home on friday nights to watch streams of regional promotions or boxing from central america and i can't even get motivated to steal this tomorrow, let alone consider paying $45 for tito ortiz in 2014. this is going to be the beginning of the accelerated end for bellator is my guess

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

i stay home on friday nights to watch streams of regional promotions or boxing from central america and i can't even get motivated to steal this tomorrow, let alone consider paying $45 for tito ortiz in 2014. this is going to be the beginning of the accelerated end for bellator is my guess

I was thinking the same. I actually need an incentive to steal this.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

origami posted:

I was thinking the same. I actually need an incentive to steal this.

There's a chance Tito eats a flying knee ala Bubba Mcdaniel

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Weigh ins for this start in 5 minutes.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/16/5718020/bellator-120-weigh-in-video

I seriously can't wait for the theatrics of this and tomorrows show.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
is the audio weird

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Yah it's weird for me too, like you hear the same thing three times.

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010
yea, left speaker only and lovely quality

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

outy posted:

It's on "Viva" at 10pm Sunday.

http://uk.viva.tv/shows/bellator

Freeview 21
Virgin 317
Sky 357

I suspect it'll be in mono audio, low res, interlaced, wrong aspect ratio and with an advert break after every punch (the listing has it on for 5 hours).

Thanks. I'm loving stealing it live then that's loving retarded god dammit how incompitant can you be oh wait these are the same guys that wanted the out of shape broken orbital bone JT and now are saying they don't want to back him....

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

this is but just a taste of the technical nightmare that will be tomorrow's PPV

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
These are the longest weigh-ins I've ever seen. They're doing promos before each main card fight, and short interviews with each fighter after they step off the scale.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

These are the longest weigh-ins I've ever seen. They're doing promos before each main card fight, and short interviews with each fighter after they step off the scale.

Yeah, I see why UFC keeps this poo poo moving. Leave the interviews for after the weigh-ins. Most of these guys haven't had food & water in a day.

And holy poo poo speaking of long promos TITO ORTIZ IS STILL TALKING

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
"I'm one of the best at 206" - :ortiz:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@FrontRowBrian 57s
The @BellatorMMA has sold 1600 tix. They gave 2200 to fighters to try and sell. Arena holds 7500 people. The live gate is $127,000 currently

hahahahahahah

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Getting fighters to sell tickets is pretty standard for local poo poo league stuff, but holy gently caress is that bad for this card.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
at least tito's got something to give his mt coach

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

attackmole posted:

Getting fighters to sell tickets is pretty standard for local poo poo league stuff, but holy gently caress is that bad for this card.

It's totally standard for Bellator too.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

MassRafTer posted:

It's totally standard for Bellator too.

I guess we just have to hope they're not refusing to pay them their show money of they don't sell all the tickets they gave them - as they did recently to at least one fighter.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

wooger posted:

I guess we just have to hope they're not refusing to pay them their show money of they don't sell all the tickets they gave them - as they did recently to at least one fighter.

Jesus Christ us this for real

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

Jesus Christ us this for real

Yeah Bellator will dock the pay of fighters who don't sell their tickets so that they can still call those tickets "sold."

EDIT: I can't find a link right now because google just wants to sell me tickets.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 17, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Marching Powder posted:

at least tito's got something to give his mt coach

:golfclap:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
so what kind of body shot does tito get taken out by?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

so what kind of body shot does tito get taken out by?

My first thought is flying knee, but I'm going to go against the grain and bet on spinning back kick

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I was thinking knee, but I'm going to set the cat among the pigeons and say Tito gets dropped with something, plays guard for several minutes but gets elbowed in the guts until he gives up ala the Rogerio fight

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
How good is Shlemenko? Not that it takes much to beat Tito. I barely ever watch Bellator but might this time.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

doverhog posted:

How good is Shlemenko? Not that it takes much to beat Tito. I barely ever watch Bellator but might this time.

It's hard to say how good he really is considering the competition he's fought. He lost to Jacare, Lombard, and Pele, though most of those were a while ago. His striking is decent, though he occasionally gets himself into trouble with some of the flashier spinning poo poo (also how he gets a lot of his finishes though). He's definitely good enough to beat 2014 Tito, even if he is undersized. I wanna see Tito get hurt to the body a la the little Nog and Rashad fights, but Shlemenko getting wrestled would be funny too.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

doverhog posted:

He got pretty much shut out by Hector Lombard (now 3-2 in the UFC and fighting at welterweight), so not all that good, but that doesn't mean he can't beat Tito in the Year of Our Lord 2014. Tito laying on him for fifteen minutes is probably a more realistic possibility than most people would like to admit, though.

• Locked thread