Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

euroboy posted:

he's french though and pardew has to collect them all

edit: Sagna to City will be a done deal soon. 3 year contract on £140k per week.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Sagna-vers-manchester-city/467318

thats insane money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

crappledan posted:

thats insane money

It really is. Hardly surprising Arsenal opted to let him go if that's what he was asking for

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Is L'Equipe reliable in terms of deals being done? Would be good if we'd sorted the right back issue so quickly.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I would assume that £140k a week, if accurate, includes signing-on fees and all that lark.

Don't City have to keep their wage bill the same as it was this season?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

irlZaphod posted:

I would assume that £140k a week, if accurate, includes signing-on fees and all that lark.

Don't City have to keep their wage bill the same as it was this season?

It'll be the same as Jovetic, Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho. Lower basic, maybe 80k/w, with performance bonuses on top which potentially could bring it up to 140k/w if various criteria are met.

Bonuses aren't counted against FFP, so makes much more sense to do it that way, supposedly its the same system Soriano brought in at Barcelona.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Is L'Equipe reliable in terms of deals being done? Would be good if we'd sorted the right back issue so quickly.

Apparently they are. It's also claimed that he turned down Inter and Galatasaray, and Arsenal only offered him a two year contract on far less money.

I can't really begrudge him a move to City or anywhere else for that matter. He's been a great player and a top pro for many years, he's right to go after a last big contract now in the last years of his career. I hope he gets a good reception from the Arsenal fans. I'm happy he finally won something before leaving too.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
My friend at Bayern tells me that apparently they have agreed on a ~€25m fee for Kroos with United but are still preparing a new contract offer to Toni, who apparently wants the same wages as Schweinsteiger/Lahm (190k/week)

edit: also Pizarro will sign a one year extension soon

ephex fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 22, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

euroboy posted:

Apparently they are. It's also claimed that he turned down Inter and Galatasaray, and Arsenal only offered him a two year contract on far less money.

I can't really begrudge him a move to City or anywhere else for that matter. He's been a great player and a top pro for many years, he's right to go after a last big contract now in the last years of his career. I hope he gets a good reception from the Arsenal fans. I'm happy he finally won something before leaving too.

Is Wenger kissing his bald spot for luck?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

TheGoatFeeder posted:

They generally are. They are as serious a French sports outlet as it gets.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

My friend at Bayern tells me that apparently they have agreed on a ~€25m fee for Kroos with United but are still preparing a new contract offer to Toni, who apparently wants the same wages as Schweinsteiger/Lahm (190k/week)

:smithicide:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ephex posted:

Dont you tease me :(

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
where would messi play in the rodgers system? is he capable of throwing cup ties in order to focus on the league?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

fat greasy puto posted:

where would messi play in the rodgers system? is he capable of throwing cup ties in order to focus on the league?

He'll fit in where Suarez plays while Suarez is injured/suspended, and otherwise will be part of a front three with Coutinho moving deeper into midfield. Apologies for not posting a code formation but I think it's easy enough to understand

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

he's french though and pardew has to collect them all

edit: Sagna to City will be a done deal soon. 3 year contract on £140k per week.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Sagna-vers-manchester-city/467318

Man that is a lot of money and a long contract. He's their backup, too.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Bogan Krkic posted:

He'll fit in where Suarez plays while Suarez is injured/suspended, and otherwise will be part of a front three with Coutinho moving deeper into midfield. Apologies for not posting a code formation but I think it's easy enough to understand

i don't understand

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

ephex posted:

ESPN is reporting that bayern are not offering Kroos a new contract

Edit: now with quotes

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1829510&src=desktop

ayb fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 22, 2014

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
code:
Mignolet
Alves Skrtel New CB?? New LB??

Gerrard Lucas

Suarez Messi Sterling
Sturridge
Pretty sure this is how I see Liverpool lining up at the start of next season. YNWA!!

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

tbp posted:

code:
Mignolet
Alves Skrtel New CB?? New LB??

Gerrard Lucas

Suarez Messi Sterling
Sturridge
Pretty sure this is how I see Liverpool lining up at the start of next season. YNWA!!

drat, looks fully sick. Think Lucas and Coutinho can persuade Thiago Silva to join?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

Man that is a lot of money and a long contract. He's their backup, too.

This. They have Zabaleta who is brilliant and then micah who valuably counts towards their homegrown. I think city just autosign anyone from arsenal.

on a side note - is mauro zarate still decent? Cant tell if rumours linking us are promising or just lazy.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

MoPZiG posted:

on a side note - is mauro zarate still decent? Cant tell if rumours linking us are promising or just lazy.

Inter turned down an option on him, he was crap for them on loan, couldn't get a game at Lazio, and has now hosed off to Argentina again. Where, admittedly, he's scoring quite a bit.

I don't think he'd be very good.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

MoPZiG posted:

This. They have Zabaleta who is brilliant and then micah who valuably counts towards their homegrown. I think city just autosign anyone from arsenal.

He'll be a backup but he can do a job as centre and left back like he's done at Arsenal for the past few years so he'll be a great utility player for them and probably get to play a fair bit. He's had a terrific season, it'll be a shame to see him ride the pine on a regular basis imo.

edit: Van Gaal has killed Uniteds interest in Kroos

quote:

Louis van Gaal has ended Manchester United’s interest in Toni Kroos, in what represents the new manager’s first major decision regarding the rebuilding of his squad this summer.

The Bayern Munich midfielder had been pursued by David Moyes, Van Gaal’s predecessor, with the 24-year-old identified as being able to help solve the deficit in United’s central midfield department.

Kroos, who impressed in a deep-lying role when Bayern knocked United out of last season’s Champions League, has only a year left to run on his contract at the German club.

Yet despite his ability to also play in the No10 role or as box-to-box midfielder, Van Gaal, who is aware of Kroos’s abilities from his own time managing Bayern, has decided he should not be a target for the club this close season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/louis-van-gaal-ends-manchester-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich?CMP=twt_gu

euroboy fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 22, 2014

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MoPZiG posted:

Micah Richards is probably on his way out.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

euroboy posted:

Just like Moyes killed Thiago, Davey Moyes is gonna be redeemed

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

euroboy posted:

He'll be a backup but he can do a job as centre and left back like he's done at Arsenal for the past few years so he'll be a great utility player for them and probably get to play a fair bit. He's had a terrific season, it'll be a shame to see him ride the pine on a regular basis imo.

£150k a week for a utility player. Disgusting.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

I read Toni as the Luca one before I remembered that's Kroos's first name and did a double take.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gigi Galli posted:

I read Toni as the Luca one before I remembered that's Kroos's first name and did a double take.

Me too lol

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

euroboy posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/louis-van-gaal-ends-manchester-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich?CMP=twt_gu

:getin:

One final service for the club.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

£175k/w for someone with a haircut that poo poo? Obscene.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

sassassin posted:

£150k a week for a utility player. Disgusting.
Reminder that utility player Januzaj is on £230k a week.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Push Zabaleta into central midfield like Lahm and have Sagna run the wing.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

euroboy posted:

literally 0 quotes

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Gigi Galli posted:

lol i miss that big lazy oaf

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
He was the best. I went nuts when he scored the 3-3 against Getafe.

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Would City consider starting Sagna as a CB next to Kompany?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Steve Evets posted:

They really shouldn't.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

they shouldn't need to, unless nastasic stays crocked for all of next season too

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Dunban posted:

He was the best. I went nuts when he scored the 3-3 against Getafe.

Even though I was hoping for Getafe to win, that was one of the best games of European football I've ever seen and probably number 1 if you discount CL games

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Steve Evets posted:

He works there in a pinch, but I wouldn't want to risk playing him there for any extended period of time. He's a great right back, anyway.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

lol i miss that big lazy oaf

20 goals this year, 19 of which involved him falling all over himself to bumble it in to the net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
More new on the Messi-Liverpool front. Messi said in an interview last night: "if the Barca-supporters want me to leave, I'm gone".
Seems like Liverpool can do a bargain here??

• Locked thread