Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Joel McHale's total flippancy toward VGX was arguably the only good thing about VGX itself.

Honestly, the only correct way to have watched that thing was Chip Cheezum and Voidburger's live riffing on it. I loved how prepared for Nintendo's brief appearance Chip was:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Ubisoft have detailed their E3 line-up in advance.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

FINALLY, a new Assassin's Creed game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Neo Rasa posted:

FINALLY, a new Assassin's Creed game

Honestly I think Assassin's Creed has the potential to be awesome again but they would need to completely revamp the stealth systems. Make it so that stealth feels more intimate (something Far Cry actually does very well) and combat isn't a get out of jail free card and it could be a ton of fun.

The free-running system is good enough as it is, leave it alone and focus on making stealth engaging.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Whatever happened to that Brothers in Arms Furious 4 game anyway

Also I forget which e3 it was but my favorite e3 moment was that one game trailer that was entirely prerendered cutscenes of some dudes going to like a gas station or something and then having a shootout but they just put an aiming reticle during some parts of the cutscene to make it look like it was gameplay. I don't think that game ever actually came out? If anyone remembers what I'm talking about then post it because I don't know what it was.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Whatever happened to that Brothers in Arms Furious 4 game anyway

Quietly cancelled iirc

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Nazi market isn't as big of a hit with the kids these days. However, unmanned drones and robots..

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I do hope Wolfenstein does well though, I got it kind of on a whim and it's waaaaay better than what I was expecting. Honestly I'm sure Furious Four is canned anyway (was this supposed to capitalize on the kind of movie Inglorious Basterds was advertised to be or something?) as Wolfenstein has definitely already established itself as the definitive nazi killing game of this generation.

PantsBandit posted:

Honestly I think Assassin's Creed has the potential to be awesome again but they would need to completely revamp the stealth systems. Make it so that stealth feels more intimate (something Far Cry actually does very well) and combat isn't a get out of jail free card and it could be a ton of fun.

The free-running system is good enough as it is, leave it alone and focus on making stealth engaging.

I agree actually, I LOVE AC4 though so I'm very skeptical that they're going back to something more land based.

I notice there's no mention of the separately made 360/PS3 AC game that takes place before Unity, did they just can it? Ubisoft did something similar with Ghost Recon 2 the GC/PS2 versions took place in 2007 while the XBox/PC version took place in 2010.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Aisha Tyler's back :getin: I don't know how people can hate her, but it's loving hilarious watching them go apeshit.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I looked at her website, she seems pretty cool, what did she do on E3 that got gamers to hate her?

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Lugaloco posted:

Aisha Tyler's back :getin: I don't know how people can hate her, but it's loving hilarious watching them go apeshit.

The only problem with Aisha Tyler is that now I can't watch Archer without thinking "#girlwood". :negative:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The one idea they never should have dropped entirely from rear end Creed 1 was doing missions to better prepare you for assassinations like getting info about your target or learning about guard placements. They really could have improved on them by making them more unique and actually affecting the assassination missions. I still like the series (Though I'm never touching 3) but I agree they really could improve some more. They probably won't though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

I looked at her website, she seems pretty cool, what did she do on E3 that got gamers to hate her?
Not be Joel McHale and also is female

Although honestly I thought the actual anger was over the dumbfuck Youtube "celebrity" Tobuscus that had "banter" with her during the conference

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Neo Rasa posted:

She's got beast-hands.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Accordion Man posted:

The one idea they never should have dropped entirely from rear end Creed 1 was doing missions to better prepare you for assassinations like getting info about your targer or learning about guard placements. They really could have improved on them by making them more unique and actually affecting the assassination missions. I still like the series (Though I'm never touching 3) but I agree they really could improve some more. They probably won't though.
I think the design started as Medieval Hitman (I mean that was my take on it, and it seemed very exciting) and then grew to whatever button mashing action game it is now for better or worse

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

The one idea they never should have dropped entirely from rear end Creed 1 was doing missions to better prepare you for assassinations like getting info about your targer or learning about guard placements. They really could have improved on them by making them more unique and actually affecting the assassination missions. I still like the series (Though I'm never touching 3) but I agree they really could improve some more. They probably won't though.

This was my biggest problem with the sequels, it was awesome to have a "planning" portion to the assassinations; getting information from people, getting on their good side so they'd trip the guards if they were chasing you, stuff like that. Also, the post-assassination "everyone in the city is on high alert looking for you and you have to haul rear end out of there" seemed to be much more subdued in the later entries in the series.

EDIT Exactly, a medieval Hitman.

univbee fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 22, 2014

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Harlock posted:

I think the design started as Medieval Hitman (I mean that was my take on it, and it seemed very exciting) and then grew to whatever button mashing action game it is now for better or worse
Yeah, it felt they wanted to do Hitman but then it turned more of an action platformer, which is still fine with me because I love 3-D platformers and there are barely any anymore. Still rather disappointing though.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 22, 2014

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

She's pretty cool but her hosting was pretty unfunny imo like she was either following a badly written script or she was just trying way too hard or something the whole thing was just awkward and annoying and unfunny :shrug:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

She's pretty cool but her hosting was pretty unfunny imo like she was either following a badly written script or she was just trying way too hard or something the whole thing was just awkward and annoying and unfunny :shrug:
They all follow scripts, except for McHale who freelanced half his poo poo because he didn't feel like looking at the teleprompter. But he had a teleprompter too.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Assuming that Wii Music U is, in fact, one of Nintendo's highlight titles during their Digital Event, I have to ask: how can they hope to compete with Fit Music? Boasting such amazing features as:

...as for Aisha Tyler, she's alright. Decent host on the rebooted Whose Line - no Clive Anderson or Drew Carey, but you could do worse. (Having forced special guests in every episode and announcing them every segment does get grating, admittedly, but that's surely not Tyler's fault.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

They all follow scripts, except for McHale who freelanced half his poo poo because he didn't feel like looking at the teleprompter. But he had a teleprompter too.

Whoever wrote the script was pretty unfunny then or just had a really bad day or something because some of that poo poo was just really bad.

Nowhere near jamie kennedy levels though. Jamie you were good in scream and poo poo but c'mon.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah it's gonna be bad for every conference. If video game companies knew how to tell jokes then funny video games would exist (they don't). All they know how to do is create memes. Whether intentionally or unintentionally. In E3's case, it's generally unintentional.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Although honestly I thought the actual anger was over the dumbfuck Youtube "celebrity" Tobuscus that had "banter" with her during the conference

I had blotted that from my memory until you mentioned it, you gently caress.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I don't think Geoff was prepared for that specific question Joel asked him about if he was actually excited/actually going to play any of the games he was hocking at the end of the VGX show and had to stop thinking about it otherwise it would lead to an internal crisis.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Whoever wrote the script was pretty unfunny then or just had a really bad day or something because some of that poo poo was just really bad.

they were probably written by two drunk interns.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

She's black and a woman. That's usually enough for some of the more vocal groups gamers. I personally find her hilarious and that's expounded by the fact that she's like a foot taller than every one of the Ubisoft executives. A few of her jokes are groaners but I think she has the charisma that makes her a good host that moves things along. I'm glad they're using her again.

Plus, you know, she does play games too.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Aisha Tyler

is cool

And she was surrounded by tiny Frenchmen the whole time.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Seriously my favorite part is always how she dwarfs all these poor strange french people who come out on stage

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Actual E3 floor plan, provided by Wii U Daily (which they claim comes from the official E3 app on iOS). There isn't a larger version of this image for the time being

Nintendo and Sony have a LOT of retail space, and if you're having trouble reading them, the booth next to 5244 is Nintendo's, and the booth next to 4144 is most likely Sony's.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Actual E3 floor plan, provided by Wii U Daily (which they claim comes from the official E3 app on iOS). There isn't a larger version of this image for the time being

Nintendo and Sony have a LOT of retail space, and if you're having trouble reading them, the booth next to 5244 is Nintendo's, and the booth next to 4144 is most likely Sony's.

Does Bethesda have a booth? Are there going to be gangfights between the Bethesda reps and the Oculus reps?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't that the same layout that was posted a couple weeks ago? And determined fake?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just remembered the most important thing about last year's E3: will the Ouya people be setting up in a nearby parking lot again?

EDIT: Oh, answered in the OP. How disappointing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I hope that same Ouya trailer is around, they brought it to everything even indoor events.

1stGear posted:

Does Bethesda have a booth? Are there going to be gangfights between the Bethesda reps and the Oculus reps?

At the conferences I would go to it wouldn't be unusual in some years for some combination of Rockstar/2K/Bethesda/whatever other ZeniMax stuff to be under one 2K Games roof in slower years. Though apparently this particular layout is fake?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

abagofcheetos posted:

Isn't that the same layout that was posted a couple weeks ago? And determined fake?
She claims it's from the E3 iOS/Android app. And last year's app had different publishers (Snail Games where Oculus is sitting), so they didn't pull it from that.

1stGear posted:

Bethesda claims they have nothing to announce, so they might not have a presence on the show floor:

quote:

Asked by a fan on Twitter if there would be a Fallout 4 announcement at E3, Bethesda marketing executive Pete Hines said: "1) I don't really pre-announce our announcements. 2) [Bethesda Game Studios] will not be talking about its next game for a long time."

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 22, 2014

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Bethesda claims they have nothing to announce, so they might not have a presence on the show floor:

Prey 2/Dishonored 2 please exist some day :(

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

She claims it's from the E3 iOS/Android app. And last year's app had different publishers (Snail Games where Oculus is sitting), so they didn't pull it from that.

hmm, ok maybe it is legit then.

http://e314.mapyourshow.com/5_0/floorplans/index.cfm?hallid=OO&islaunch=false#mappage

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Did you ever look at their credits? They have a team of approximately 2.5 Billion people working on them. You probably even worked on one and didn't realize it!

Oh gosh I've talked to and given advice/critiques on various cg art forums to some ubisoft artists who've worked on the assassin's creed games
:tinfoil:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I see in the West Hall:

Atlas USA - 4810
Control VR - 5630
Crytek - 4500
Daedalic Entertainment - 5636
DXRacer USA - 5612
Exeo Entertainment - 5336
Focus Home Interactive - 5412, 5512
Gaijin Entertainment - 5200
Gameband - 5640
Game Insight - 5626
Gamespot Stage - 4710
IGN Stage - 4700
Innex - 5536
Machinima - 5622
Microsoft - 4000, 4100
Nintendo - 4822, 5244, 5644
Nordic Games - 5721
Nyko - 5010
Oculus VR - 5222
PDP - 4510
Perfect World Entertainment - 5000
Polk - 4012
Playseat - 5212
RDS Industries - 5236
Sony - 4044, 4144, 4522
Virtuix - 5530
XSEED - 5436

I have no idea what half of these are

Then in the concourse:

Activision - 8005
Aksys Games - 8816
App Annie - 8806
Behavior Interactive - 8104
Bigben Interactive - 8601
CD Distribution - 8305
Digital Hearts USA - 8309
DTS - 8213
En Masse Entertainment - 8113
Flying Wild Hog - 8512
Future US - 8400
Gaijin Entertainment - 8100
Game Informer - 8112
Gioteck - 8204
GDC - 8814
Global Step - 8404
GungHo Online Entertainment - 8109
HORI - 8812
Hewlett Packard (does HP have... like... a big.. gaming.. scene) - 8105
InComm - 8301
InnoGames - 8500
Kabam - 8009
Logitech Gaming - 8604
Mad Catz - 8600
Mattel - 8808
Maximum Games - 8501
Multiplayer.it - 8401
NetEase - 8810
Paradox Interactive - 8605
Prima - 8200
nDreams - 8802
Square-Enix - 8013
SteelSeries - 8504
Sunflex USA - 8408
Take-Two Interactive - 8609
Telltale Games - 8201
Tencent America - 8412
UOL BoaCompra - 8308
WARGAMING - 8508
Wikia - 8804
Wizards of the Coast - 8509
Xaviant - 8209
XPEC Entertainment - 8313
Virtuos - 8101
Zynga - 8800

MOST OF THESE COMPANIES SOUND MADE UP. what the gently caress

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 22, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

This seems insane, its already been 3 years since Bethesda has put out a game.

e: I mean Bethesda proper, not Zenimax slapping Bethesda on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

KoB posted:

This seems insane, its already been 3 years since Bethesda has put out a game.

Look, perfecting Fallout 4's unique blend of bugs, lumpy faces, and uninspiring story takes time.

• Locked thread