Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

Jesus, Richie Incognito vs. Taylor Lewan? Come on, both those guys deserve Final Four spots and they won't get it.

Pete Prisco's also going to get lapped a few times in round one.

Sometimes the good die young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

superaielman posted:

Two things jump out at me there: how the gently caress did Mel Kiper (who owns) get more votes than Pete 'too dumb to figure out what a twitter parody account' Prisco and Jeff Ireland somehow doesn't deserve to champ his division. What the gently caress to that.

God I can't wait to vote for Jeff Ireland, hopefully this time I don't break my keyboard

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Honestly I think this is proof that we need to move away from a divisional format and seed based solely on record. The best douche's are getting screwed with this biased seeding. How is a mid-major douche supposed to compete.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

Alouicious posted:

"yeah I mean I watch college football and post in an internet forum that you have to play money to register for that is about fooball but it's not like I OBSESS over it like you spergs"

"Everyone who does not have an encyclopedic knowledge of every NCAA coach in the history of the game is literally insulting me with their very presence."

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dexo posted:

Honestly I think this is proof that we need to move away from a divisional format and seed based solely on record. The best douche's are getting screwed with this biased seeding. How is a mid-major douche supposed to compete.

Only one douche can win.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Only one douche can win.

You're either first or you're last.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GenHavoc posted:

"Everyone who does not have an encyclopedic knowledge of every NCAA coach in the history of the game is literally insulting me with their very presence."

this but unironically

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sometimes in between episodes of Storage Wars and Pawn Stars, when I'm not painting my warhams or working on my Dwarf Fortress LP, I like to watch football. I'm sorry I'm not one of the cool kids.

I like the 49ers. They are my home town team. It's too bad that kid kaepernick is a bit of a douchebag because he seems like he is pretty OK at the football. Although it is frustrating how every three or four downs he runs out the play clock trying to make audibles way too late and they either burn an unnecessary timeout or take a delay of game penalty.

He didn't allegedly threaten to rape anyone if they complained about having been raped, though, so I'm thinking he's probably not going to win King Douche.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

The tournament will begin officially tomorrow night.

Final four predictions?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

The tournament will begin officially tomorrow night.

Final four predictions?

Taylor Lewan Jameis Winston
Greg Schiano
Pete Prisco
Tallahassee PD

edit:

Changed player to an actual rapist over a guy who is at worst a sports-rape-culture-homer or at best got Ryan Braunned.

I'm gonna vote for the rapist every time. On that note; oh my God, how did Darren Sharper not make it to the finals?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 22, 2014

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

I'm gonna vote for the rapist every time. On that note; oh my God, how did Darren Sharper not make it to the finals?

Because of the Sanduskyberger rule- to keep things light hearted and fun, those who have committed rape or murder are ineligible UNLESS they aren't being punished for it. That's why Winston/Roethlisberer are in and Sandusky/Sharper are out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Because of the Sanduskyberger rule- to keep things light hearted and fun, those who have committed rape or murder are ineligible UNLESS they aren't being punished for it. That's why Winston/Roethlisberer are in and Sandusky/Sharper are out.

Right on, thanks, man.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

:siren:AND SO IT BEGINS!:siren:

Episode 4: Douche of Future's Past

Featuring: (1)Richie Incognito vs. (8)Taylor Lewan

Richie Incognito

Benne posted:

Richie Incognito, who I thought would run away with the players bracket until Darren Sharper happened.

Benne posted:

I'm not sure there's much to say about Incognito other than that he fulfills literally every "dumb jock" stereotype imaginable. Dumb face, dumb name (who the hell goes by "Richie?" Douchebags, that's who), dumb sense of humor, he ticks every box. That he happens to be a dirty player (and not even that good in the first place) is just the cherry on top of the dumb cake.

And now a word from Mr. Incognito:

Interviewer: Mr. Incognito, thank you for agreeing to speak with us to -

Richie Incognito: *Begins humping the interviewer* "Let it rain! Let it rain! Let it rain!"

Interviewer: "Mister... Mister Incog... Mis... SECURITY!"

RI: "Whoa! Whoa man. It's cool. It's cool, I just kinda zoned out there a sec. Thought I was on the golf course or somethin'. You know, I like to play in those celebrity tournaments, give back to the community, you know."

Interviewer: "Of course... I was just wondering if we could get a statement from you concerning your nomination."

RI: "Oh yeah! I'm really psyched, you know. I'm glad that we can put all the lies that my teammates have been telling behind us so that I can be recognized for my contributions in getting the Rams' OL to give up fewer sacks than several different NFL teams!"

Interviewer: "Um... Mr. Incognito, we're referring to your nomination in the Ben Roethlisberger Douche of the Year competition, a contest you entered as the number one seed in the Players' bracket

RI: "gently caress yeah man!"

Interviewer: "You're... glad to be nominated?"

RI: "Hell yeah, son, I'm a free loving agent now. There's no such thing as bad publicity, amirite? That's why I got back on Twitter, you know. Let people see the real me instead of the bullshit that they're getting fed."

Interviewer: "Yes, how has your search for a new team been going?"

RI: "Oh it's awesome man, I've been getting interest from all sorts of teams."

Interviewer: "Which ones, if we might ask?"

RI: "Oh you know, a couple teams. Here and there. I mean not all of them have told me to stop calling. And I've been getting lots of support too."

Interviewer: "From whom."

RI: "Well just last week, Donald Sterling called me up and asked if I wanted to come join him for one of the Clippers' playoff games."

Interviewer: "Really?"

RI: "Yeah, man. He said that he knew he didn't have to worry about who I'd be bringing. He's a real classy guy."

Interviewer: "Of... course. This whole episode with your former teammate, Johnathan Martin is, of course, not the first incident you've had on the wrong side of the NFL. There were the series of incidents with the Rams that led to you being pulled from games and waived."

RI: "That was all just media hype. I play with passion, I've never apologized for that."

Interviewer: "Perhaps, but in four years you incurred more penalties as well as more unnecessary roughness penalties than any other player during the span."

RI: "Is it my fault everyone else is a pussy?"

Interviewer: "Well that same year, your own peers voted you the league's dirtiest player."

RI: "Man, they just couldn't handle the reality of football. You gotta be tough to play football."

Interviewer: "Was that why you were suspended indefinitely from Nebraska during your college career?"

RI: "Come on, you get in one or seven fights with your teammates in the locker room, give a couple of them concussions, and suddenly it's all 'ohhh, you've gotta go to anger management. You're too extreme for us.' Buncha fa-."

Interviewer: *Interrupting quickly* "Well then let's turn to more recent matters. One of the reports that circulated following the scandal was that you taunted an ethnically Japanese trainer with racial slurs."

RI: "We were just kidding around."

Interviewer: "According to the report, you donned Japanese headbands, cornered him in the locker room, and threatened to beat him up and rape his wife in revenge for Pearl Harbor."

RI: "You see? Just a bunch of horseplay, that's all. Who doesn't talk like that sometimes, amirite?"

Interviewer: "Er... quite. So then what are your feelings today regarding your old teammate, Johnathan Martin."

RI: "Look, I don't see what the big deal was. So I called him a few names, so what? He's an adult."

Interviewer: "According to him, you forced him to pay you tens of thousands of dollars so that you could take weekend trips in Vegas."

RI: "So? He didn't have to pay. He could have fought me and the rest of my guys at once. He must have wanted to give me that money, and now he's whining about how bad we are. Boo hoo, he's an NFL player, he's got enough money."

Interviewer: "Well according to the reports, you actually took a fair portion of his rookie salary."

RI: "That's just the way it is, man. Besides, at least he's still on a team. Where'd he get signed again?"

Interviewer: "The Forty-Niners."

RI: "San Francisco eh?" *Makes a limp-wristed gesture* "Figures."

Interviewer: *Uncomfortably* "Right... so er... before we wrap things up, is there something you'd like to say to all the fans out there."

RI: "I wanna thank everybody for standing with me. Everybody who knows that I'm just misunderstood, and who doesn't just assume that everything they read about me is true. Guys like Keith Olberman, who ran a piece last November about how I'm More than just a Bully."

Interviewer: "I'm... not entirely certain he was supporting you in that video, Mr. Incognito."

RI: "Huh? I mean to be honest I haven't really watched it yet, but I figured he's got my back, so I retweeted it."

Interviewer: "Of course. Well thank you Mr. Incognito, for agreeing to speak with us."

RI: "No problem man. Hey, uh this award thing? What was it called?"

Interviewer: "The Ben Roethlisberg - "

RI: "Yeah, whatever. Who'm I up against huh?"

Interviewer: "In this round, I believe your opponent is Taylor Lewan."

RI: "What? Taylor loving Lewan? A loving Rookie?! Are you loving serious. Look at that pansy-rear end motherfucker, does he even lift?! gently caress Taylor Lewan! What the gently caress kind of name is Taylor anyway. I bet he's a loving nCENSOREDr. I WILL poo poo IN HIS loving MOUTH!"

Interviewer: *Rapidly backing away* "Thank you Mr. Incognito. Back to everyone in the studio.

RI: *From a distance* "gently caress YOU TAYLOR LEWAN, YOU'RE A loving ROOKIE! I'LL KILL YOU!"

VS.

Taylor Lewan

Gerund posted:

Taylor Lewan's sartorial douche-tool is all-pro quality

And then there is his own finger-stache tattoo (yes, a tattoo of something that five-year-olds do with a marker)

But also his dirty-as-gently caress playing style that has resulted in more false starts and personal fouls than anyone else on his team, combined

And yet this is what puts him over-the-top, for me:

Yeah I'm bolding everything because jesus christ

"Now I'm not saying all women deserved to be threatened with rape when they accuse a man of raping them without damning physical evidence and more than five eye witnesses. I'm only here to represent the Titans and myself."

TAYLOR LEWAN for being an active part of the rape-culture

edit:

he had to take his mom to the draft because no other woman would ever talk to him

And we have an interview from the douche himself:"Incognito, eh? I like that name, it really fits how anonymous, how unknown, how nothing you are. I'm a better player and a better man than that clown. When I'm on the field, I'm there to win, to beat the other guy. That's just how I am. This guy was barely starter quality on a bad unit, nobody outside of Miami would have one clue who he was if he didn't stir up childish drama. I'm famous before stepping onto an NFL field. It hurts me a lot, you know, being compared to someone so low, but if I'm here, I'm going to win. That's just how I am."

Holy crap! They're practically the same guy!
Will the younger, wide eyed douche take out the veteran?
Or will Incognito give his past self a swirly?
Only one way to find out!
DOUCHE!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 23, 2014

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

One of these guys is a douche that bullied a 300lb man. The other one bullied a RAPE VICTIM.

Taylor Lewan

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Taylor's bad, he's really really bad. I'm going with Incognito though, even though I kind of expect an upset here. Richie's been douching it up longer than Lewan has been alive. Hell Richie probably would have bullied the same rape victim if Taylor had called him up just to be a bro.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Taylor Lewan in every regard

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Lewan

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Lewan.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Incognito, mostly because stories about him dominated football over the last year. It seemed like every week a new story dropped. Then, just when it most seemed to be over, even more things came up with the report and he attacked his car.

Basically, this was Incognito's defining year as a douche, and I'm certain that Lewan, who had a breakout rookie season, will put up even douchier numbers in the future and earn his place.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Lewan has the most punchable face in this tournament.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lewan made a hell of a first impression, but I'm not ready to crown him yet until he pays his proper dues. Richie Incognito is a reliable long-time veteran in the douche department and 2013 was his crowning achievement.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Lewan

Turbo-douche

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Do effort posts still earn more points? I feel like we are already in the semi-finals.

I'm going to vote Richie Incognito. Let me make my case. Why? Well, you could say I'm going to use the "oscar given to an aging actor who never won an oscar" route.

So Lewan is a newcomer. A proud douche, flapping his douche feathers. He threatened a rape victim. He plays like a complete rear end in a top hat. He's going to be a strong douche for years to come. This is not going to be his only time in the tournament at all. He's coming back. He is the heir apparent to douchey dickass "offensive" lineman. He absolutely deserves to be a contender.

But Richie...Richie has been a douche for a long time, and we may have seen his swan song this season. His chances of ever returning to the NFL are slim to nothing. He for many years was the prototypical douchebag. He was Lewan before Lewan. Does he deserve to be cast aside in the first round just because some young hotshot threatened a rape victim? Do we just give away our starter positions that easily? Incognito had a goddamn Douche all-pro type of season, we can't low ball him. Lets go back over this douchebag's accomplishments.

-Bullied a fellow lineman and "friend" so badly that the friend may have sacrificed any NFL future by going awol and snitching. In the cult of the NFL, that is astounding that he managed to push a man so far.

-Someone post that gif of him loving with that Texans player and getting him ejected (?) when he snapped.

-Started acting like an rear end on twitter when he had the upper hand before all the info was devulged

-Is literally named Dick in Disguise

-Smashed up his car with a bat while having a tantrum

-Oh yeah, if we want to get the sexual poo poo out, we found out that he molested a woman on the golf course, then paid her off to avoid the info getting out.

This was Richie's argument for Douche MVP. His final hurrah. We are never seeing him again, because he's done. He deserves your vote. Lewan will have his chances in future years, I'm sure of it. Give it to ol' reliable.

VOTE DICK IN DISGUISE

Kalli knows what he's talking about.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 22, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C'mon now, this is clearly Richie Incognito..

Lewan is a dirty, cheap son of a bitch? Incognito's been near the top of the NFL's dirtiest player list for years. Oh, this guy threatened a rape victim with rape? Yeah, Richie actually went for it with a cheerleader on a golf course.

But really, that is besides the point, Richie Incognito is the definition of douche, his face so plastered in the media for this he might as well be the face of the trophy. He spent the last half year being a national news story because he managed to bully a 300lb man so bad he stopped playing football, a sport where dudes play through broken necks. Lewan still has to play second fiddle to the actual you know rapist, while Incognito took center stage from a man who is still down with Aaron Hernandez.

I don't want to dismiss Taylor Lewan too hard, but Richie was doing douche at a professional level.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Richie Incognito because I barely know who Lewan is but Incognito is so irredeemable a douche that he couldn't rein it in to keep his career and because he's an awful player on top of that.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Richie Incognito, and pretend I posted the Incognito/Martin texts here. He deserves to slay pussy as the Douche of the Year.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Do effort posts still earn more points? I feel like we are already in the semi-finals.

Effort posts always count.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Febreeze posted:

I'm going to vote Richie Incognito.

-Someone post that gif of him loving with that Texans player and getting him ejected (?) when he snapped.

Think about how much you'd have to gently caress with someone to push a NFL defensive lineman (who's accustomed to getting shoved around and held back constantly) to cross the line and try to start a fight.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Incognito was an All-Pro Douche before Lewan even hit puberty, and his volume of douchitude is staggering. Get back with me in 10 years when Lewan is giving kids swirlies after they show up to his own football camp or something

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Richie Incognito, even though god drat, Lewan is one hell of a douche.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Some people have brought up recency arguments regarding Taylor Lewan, saying that a majority of his douchey behavior technically falls outside of the year of which we are voting.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10954509/taylor-lewan-tennessee-titans-court-case-adjourned-four-weeks

quote:

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Tennessee Titans offensive lineman Taylor Lewan had his court case adjourned for four weeks.

Lewan, appearing in Michigan's 15th district court, requested the adjournment to continue to investigate the report. The hearing has been scheduled for June 16. The Titans' first minicamp is scheduled to start June 17.

Lewan is charged with one count of misdemeanor aggravated assault and two counts of assault and battery.

He was released on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond, is not allowed to have contact with alleged victims and must refrain from alcohol or drug use.

Lewan, through his attorney John Shea, declined to comment.

The case stems from an alleged fight early in the morning of Dec. 1, 2013 -- the day following the Michigan-Ohio State game. The Ann Arbor News reported two Ohio State fans alleged they were assaulted by Lewan.

In February at the NFL combine, Lewan proclaimed his innocence.

"I went over the Ohio State incident once before. I wasn't in any fight of any kind," Lewan said. "I was actually breaking something up and some guy said I slugged him, but that's not who I am off the field, that's not the kind of person I am.

"It might seem that way because of the way I play football, but that's not the way I am as a person."

Lewan was drafted 11th overall by Tennessee last month and is expected to compete for a starting tackle spot this fall. He started 48 games at Michigan and was named the Big Ten's offensive lineman of the year in 2012 and 2013.

He bypassed potentially being a top draft pick in 2012 to return for his senior season.

"I might be bordering on aggravated assault on the field, but don't hold that against me!"

The first interview with Taylor as a Titan, just a scant couple of days ago:
@4:15 "It might seem that I crossed the line for no reason. But my QB was sacked a bunch of times last season, mostly from the other lineman. We're supposed to be a team, but I took it personal. I'm going to do some things here and there. I'm willing to be that guy.

@7:15 "Whenever you hear about some other man, someone you've never heard of before, threatening a woman, you will think that that guy is a bad person. But today is a fresh start, for all of us."

@8:25 "I was really more worried about Brendan in that situation, going through that stuff."

@9:10 "I never said anything to any team-mates. So I can't imagine why they would say that."

Taylor Lewan is actual scum, and going further in the internet justice tournament means more for a player with a multi-year guaranteed contract than a shitbird that doesn't even play anymore.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Incognito

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
in cog neeto

come on guys, he defines douche

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Richie.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Lewan
Richie bullies because he was bullied as a child. He never had the opportunity to learn better and never grew up. Lewan is twice the douche Richie is and has yet to hit his prime douching years.

jugulator45
Apr 1, 2009
When I thought about this tournament a few months ago, Richie Incognito was the first contender who came to mind.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
A few months before the Incognito/Martin thing came out, there was a big article/biography done on Richie Incognito talking about how he's turned over a new leaf after coming to the Miami Dolphins. Can anyone help me find that?

I already voted so don't count this, but I think Incognito deserves Douche of the Year for convincing everyone that he's cleaned up his act when he was being even douchier than usual behind the scenes.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Brannock posted:

A few months before the Incognito/Martin thing came out, there was a big article/biography done on Richie Incognito talking about how he's turned over a new leaf after coming to the Miami Dolphins. Can anyone help me find that?

I already voted so don't count this, but I think Incognito deserves Douche of the Year for convincing everyone that he's cleaned up his act when he was being even douchier than usual behind the scenes.

I'm pretty sure he also did an anti bullying PSA.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I should probably save this, but nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-f1wBoh9Q

Slaying some cro-cro wickets.

He then shoved that mallet into a woman's crotch, smacked her in the face, ground his pelvis into hers and dumped a bottle of water on her face.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

I should probably save this, but nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-f1wBoh9Q

Slaying some cro-cro wickets.

Ugh. I might have to change my vote.

• Locked thread