Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
SO Liverpool have been heavily linked with Emre Can. Is he any good? Google seems to think so, but it's mostly Bleacher report and Mirror articles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I've heard him to be highly rated, but every time I've seen him play he's been gash.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Apparently we're signing M'Baye Niang off of Milan (probably on loan). GG, what's he like?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Heurelho Gomes to Watford is a done deal.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
No idea when this was taken (could have been at the league game) but it is apparently the spurs training ground. Any way all good fun.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

St Evan Echoes posted:

Apparently we're signing M'Baye Niang off of Milan (probably on loan). GG, what's he like?

Exactly the kind of player Big Sam won't play

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's time to get excited about the best part of the football calendar, that's right it's time for a trawl through the expired contract bargain bin. And what a sizzling selection of freebies we have available this year.

Here's a Premier League list, and a PFA list with Football League players on it. Just think, if you're a struggling manager with not much in the way of funds (or Arsene Wenger), you could make this team

code:
              Speroni

Cuellar    Heitinga   Lescott   A. Cole

J. Cole    Gosling    Barry     Albrighton

Eto'o   Anelka
For the princely sum of gently caress all. Who loves a bargain? Me. I love a bargain player. Snap em up. Lovely jubbly.

e:looks like Gomes is already gone. You need to be fast to bag a bargain in this game

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 24, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

the sex ghost posted:

It's time to get excited about the best part of the football calendar, that's right it's time for a trawl through the expired contract bargain bin. And what a sizzling selection of freebies we have available this year.

Here's a Premier League list, and a PFA list with Football League players on it. Just think, if you're a struggling manager with not much in the way of funds (or Arsene Wenger), you could make this team

code:
               Gomes

Cuellar    Heitinga   Lescott   A. Cole

J. Cole    Gosling    Barry     Albrighton

Eto'o   Anelka
For the princely sum of gently caress all. Who loves a bargain? Me. I love a bargain player. Snap em up. Lovely jubbly.

That'd be a solid midtable team until January when the legs fall off all the old players and they plummet into a relegation battle.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

A few years back that could be a fairly strong team

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Any one know where Jack Rodwell is going? City is like this black hole for english talent. He should be an england regular.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Leicester have snapped up Albrighton.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jippa posted:

Any one know where Jack Rodwell is going? City is like this black hole for english talent. He should be an england regular.

He's a perma-crock. He's not physically able to be a regular anywhere. It's not City's fault.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Jippa posted:

I wish he could remain fit and healthy :(. Rumour is that he's supposedly approaching some level of fitness so he may be loaned out, if successful, he can then play a part at City the following season, but I doubt he'll be able to string together more than 1 game a week without his body breaking down again, sadly I just don't see him having a career, he's been failed by biology!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

tarbrush posted:

SO Liverpool have been heavily linked with Emre Can. Is he any good? Google seems to think so, but it's mostly Bleacher report and Mirror articles.

Bogan Krkic posted:

I've heard him to be highly rated, but every time I've seen him play he's been gash.

I support the Levs so I have seen him play the entire season. He's definitely a good player but it took him half a season to go from "where do we put him" in the XI (he played pretty much all positions except for striker at some point this season) to "oh wait he's versatile, that's great actually!", with him playing on 8 mostly. I'd love to see him play another season here but I know he has greater ambitions, I just didn't think he'd take off immediately after this season. 12m € seems like a great price for him. Also thanks I guess for buying him so Bayern won't. :v:

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

euroboy posted:

Heurelho Gomes to Watford is a done deal.

Almunia had been great but you can see his age, I actually like this signing.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

hadji murad posted:

Why did Luke Shaw just mention he was a Chelsea fan?

He's telling daddy Mou and uncle Roman to come get him, desperately trying to escape Woodward.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Katana Gomai posted:

I support the Levs so I have seen him play the entire season. He's definitely a good player but it took him half a season to go from "where do we put him" in the XI (he played pretty much all positions except for striker at some point this season) to "oh wait he's versatile, that's great actually!", with him playing on 8 mostly. I'd love to see him play another season here but I know he has greater ambitions, I just didn't think he'd take off immediately after this season. 12m € seems like a great price for him. Also thanks I guess for buying him so Bayern won't. :v:

He is approaching Tarbrush Transfer Husband status the more I google him. I therefore look forward to seeing him sign for Munich :v:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Chelsea are going to sign Luke Shaw, Costa and Pogba. It's happening.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

St Evan Echoes posted:

Fast as hell, great dribbler, absolutely poo poo at shooting. The most frustrating forward I've seen in a long time.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

tarbrush posted:

He is approaching Tarbrush Transfer Husband status the more I google him. I therefore look forward to seeing him sign for Munich :v:

I thought you were going to say "Therefore, he must be poo poo"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Polidoro posted:

I thought you were going to say "Therefore, he must be poo poo"

Equally possible.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I think David Luiz is a really good player but £50m is just absurd. Sounds a bit dodgy.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Cuadrado is looking likely to leave Serie A this summer, with Barca and Bayern showing interest according to Di Marzio.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Healbot posted:

Cuadrado is looking likely to leave Serie A this summer, with Barca and Bayern showing interest according to Di Marzio.

He's owned by two teams so this should be an interesting transfer.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

euroboy posted:

I think David Luiz is a really good player but £50m is just absurd. Sounds a bit dodgy.

There's a transfermarkt.de link floating around last page I think that should enlighten you about Luiz agents.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Chelsea are going to sign Luke Shaw, Costa and Pogba. It's happening.

Then they're going to immediately loan out Shaw and Pogba in favor of older and more poo poo players while Costa completely loses his goal scoring sense. Shaw and Pogba will never play for the Chelsea first team.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jippa posted:

No idea when this was taken (could have been at the league game) but it is apparently the spurs training ground. Any way all good fun.

:getin:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

why would Bayern buy Can when they sold him to Leverkusen last year?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

mynameisjohn posted:

because they Can

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

mynameisjohn posted:

Bayern included a buyback clause and e.g. Rummenigge (chairman) quoted saying

quote:

"We wanted to allow him to make this step so that he gets sufficient match practice, like for example Toni Kroos did in Leverkusen, Philipp Lahm at VfB Stuttgart or even David Alaba in Hoffenheim

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

ragle posted:

Bayern included a buyback clause and e.g. Rummenigge (chairman) quoted saying
it can't be activated until 2015 apparently.

Spam
Nov 28, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

The most frustrating forward I've seen in a long time.

pfft he ain't no 'Big' Yaya Sanogo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I wonder where Luuk de Jong will go this summer. He was loving atrocious at Newcastle even as bad as we were. Only difference between him and Jozy was he looked like he cared. Can't see Borussia Monchengladbach keeping him

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

mynameisjohn posted:

Because Emre has potential for the first Bayern XI.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds have released some players. Let's remember them together.

Michael Brown, 37 (66 apps 2 goals)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0_2m0kZ-10

El-Hadji Diouf, 33 (44 apps 6 goals)

Luke Varney, 31 (50 apps 8 goals)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X63kytCW5f0

Jamie Ashdown, 33 (2 apps 0 goals)

Adam Drury, 35 (9 apps 0 goals)

Paul Green, 31 (46 apps 4 goals)

We Will Never Forget You.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Spiller posted:

Leicester have snapped up Albrighton.

Also, Gosling has gone to Bournemouth.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Where will Diouf go next, that could be a good thread

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds have released some players. Let's remember them together.

Michael Brown, 37 (66 apps 2 goals)

a true hero

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

roi.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

quote:

QPR boss Harry Redknapp wants Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Gareth Barry and Joe Cole after promotion to the Premier League

I would do all the lols, please let this happen

• Locked thread