Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
I was commenting on the cool ranger organ tunes in the GDT and there was a funny post, thought it deserved a larger audience

HOW COULD YOU posted:

final countdown organ

sweet thursday posted:

dick cheney's heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
No thanks, we're good.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mr. Kite posted:

Lets all stop annointed the Kings West champs asap. Don't want to give the Blackhawks bulletin board material.

If Daryl Sutter uses the remaining two home games to make sure that :tinfoil: and Handzus are on the ice at the same time then the series is over. I think that they're both on the second line of their respective teams so Q will do it for him as well. Thank god I'm watching game four at a bar.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
It's really too bad Krieded injured Price. NYR Would have had a serious chance for the sweep if that didn't happened.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I missed the GDT, were Rangers fan complaining as hard as the Rangers were about automatic calls like slapping people in the face with sticks and blatantly holding sticks for 10 seconds and such?

Not that it mattered with the Habs unable to do anything with the PP or anything. Useless.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Pleads posted:

I missed the GDT, were Rangers fan complaining as hard as the Rangers were about automatic calls like slapping people in the face with sticks and blatantly holding sticks for 10 seconds and such?

#NotAllRangersFans

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Pleads posted:

Not that it mattered with the Habs unable to do anything with the PP or anything. Useless.

Yes that and Habs fans bragging about how the Rangers were standing in the way of an Eastern team winning the SCF as their own chances circled the drain like a greasy poo poo after a hedonist glut of poutine and rye.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

My favorite is how angry I saw a few people get about the Rangers driving the net and the Habs D hanging off them like a cape and trying to drag them down as "running the goalie".

What's even funnier is the Rangers really weren't that kind of team during the regular season so some kind of switch flipped.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Markov-Emelin looks really bad

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I am mad about the guys being mad about the refs in the game day thread

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Fat Lowtax posted:

I am mad about the guys being mad about the refs in the game day thread

tbh, the Rangers were really undisciplined tonight and deserved pretty much all of the penalties they got.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

LmaoTheKid posted:

tbh, the Rangers were really undisciplined tonight and deserved pretty much all of the penalties they got.

But it is a little infuriating when most of the penalties seem like wilhelm_scream.wav would accompany them perfectly.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Also, I said it in the GDT, and it needs repeating, Klein was probably the Rangers best Dman tonight. What a steal of a trade.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

mastershakeman posted:

That's a ridiculous stat. Where'd you dig it up from? I'd like to see who Kane scores his goals alongside.

This might be it! You can see how often Kane played with each player on the team and what stats, fancy or otherwise, that resulted, when at even-strength. http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=298&withagainst=true&season=2013-14&sit=5v5

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

All my doom and gloom feelings have been so right

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Hm. It's almost like the Habs weren't actually that good and that Carey Price was the best player in a world for a couple weeks

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And not even the week before that, but don't tell anyone.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

mennoknight posted:

Hm. It's almost like the Habs weren't actually that good and that Carey Price was the best player in a world for a couple weeks

This is what we have been trying to tell you!

gently caress. I'm gonna have to cheer for LA.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

None of the teams left in the playoffs are actually any good at all if the fans around these parts are to be believed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

None of the teams left in the playoffs are actually any good at all if the fans around these parts are to be believed.

The only good team in the playoffs was Columbus.

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.

ThinkTank posted:

That's the great lie of the Stanley Cup playoffs. It makes you think there are decent teams. The truth is every team sucks.

EVERY TEAM.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

http://gfycat.com/BossyKindheartedGemsbok

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ThinkTank posted:

It was the Leafs year.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Rotten Cookies posted:

He's a defenseman on the Canadiens who is really very, very awful. But Michel Therrien seems to like him for his grit and the message he sends to other players. All he does, however, is turn the puck over and ice it. Habs fans hate him. Also, he hates being called Doug, because it sounds like dog. And his nickname is Crankshaft.

And further, he has been awful since practically the dawn of time. Some fans like act like he had a few good years in San Jose, but nope. He was terrible!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

LmaoTheKid posted:

My favorite is how angry I saw a few people get about the Rangers driving the net and the Habs D hanging off them like a cape and trying to drag them down as "running the goalie".

What's even funnier is the Rangers really weren't that kind of team during the regular season so some kind of switch flipped.

They're basically running around traffic cones then acting like superheroes with those capes on their backs. Better watch out for landmines in front of the net like that one PK stepped on.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

You realize this is still a high stick right?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

LmaoTheKid posted:

Yeah, but I was amused by his reaction. Lighten up, buddy! :)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ZeeBoi posted:

Yeah, but I was amused by his reaction. Lighten up, buddy! :)

I didn't mean it in any SERIOUS BUISINESS way. The reaction is v funny and it's a complete flop. But those high sticks last night pissed me off.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Complaining about the abundance of Ranger calls in the first half should be nullified by the amount let go in the second when Montreal having that PP advantage gave the Rangers a license to kill, vis-a-vis Lumberjack Staal.

I'm not saying it was 100% even at the end but it had gotten tolerably balanced, and the Rangers noticed the air coming out of the balloon once the Habs failed to capitalize AGAIN. Good game, overall.

and just to be a true cynic, your team spit on a ref last game and you're playing the get-a-calliest team in hockey

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

LmaoTheKid posted:

No it wasn't. A high stick is above the height of the opponent's shoulders and the stick clearly hit him in the chest :colbert:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

To be honest if some dude wanged me in the chest with a two-hander like that I'd snap my head back, also.

Last night was The Game Of Dumb Penalties Which, While Called, Mostly Went Unpunished.

It's a working title. Might shorten it down to Hey Habs, Try Covering Open Players, or Roster Parros to Kill Lundqvist

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

We're just testing Tokarski to figure out his limitations. Now that we know them, expect us to sweep to the cup.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

LmaoTheKid posted:

Also, I said it in the GDT, and it needs repeating, Klein was probably the Rangers best Dman tonight. What a steal of a trade.

Klein won't get you many goals, but he is a seriously underrated defenseman overall. I was surprised the Preds trades him for another D-Man vs getting a forward out of it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Klein won't get you many goals, but he is a seriously underrated defenseman overall. I was surprised the Preds trades him for another D-Man vs getting a forward out of it.

He's got a really great shot too, I wish he'd use it more.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

I don't hate the deal for the Preds. They had a bevvy of right handed defenceman and very few left handed guys, plus del Zotto means they have another left side PP option besides Josi.

Overall it was a win win IMO (from a player value perspective, from a results perspective the Rangers win this in a landslide).

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So RAS, I was at a wedding yesterday and didn't get to watch any of the game or see any highlights yet. How do the Stepan-less rangers look?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jovial Cow posted:

So RAS, I was at a wedding yesterday and didn't get to watch any of the game or see any highlights yet. How do the Stepan-less rangers look?

Nash and Kreider looked a little lost without him tbh. Other guys stepped up and apparently Miller is hurt so down the middle the rangers are laughably shallow without Steps.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I don't think Moore was a good fit for Nash and Kreider, he's in a little over his head. That line didn't seem to get a ton of minutes because of it.

I don't see confirmation that Miller is hurt, AV just said he didn't want to put him back into play after he sat out getting evaluated. I dunno if someone like Lindberg is available, seems like he probably went home after the AHL season was over.

ThinkTank posted:

I don't hate the deal for the Preds. They had a bevvy of right handed defenceman and very few left handed guys, plus del Zotto means they have another left side PP option besides Josi.

Overall it was a win win IMO (from a player value perspective, from a results perspective the Rangers win this in a landslide).

Del Zotto can be good he just seems to kind of lost his way a bit, I dunno. He can be a bit dumb and isn't the greatest skater but can also make some great passes and isn't afraid to mix it up along the boards and can play competent defense

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

The Dirty Burger posted:

Markov-Emelin looks really bad

emelin can't skate and markov is too old to prop up a bad defenseman at this point :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!

Zamboni Jesus posted:

emelin can't skate and markov is too old to prop up a bad defenseman at this point :(

And Emelin's locked in for a cool $4.1M for 4 more seasons. :c00l:

• Locked thread