Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wish they'd do a "This Week In Wrestling" every day at noon or something and just air things in order. The conversion on this old footage just looks so drat nice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I had completely forgotten about the Kane Chef Boyardee commercials before this.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is this Top 25 Rivalries thing new to the network? Renee Young is in a lab coat right now, comparing wrestlers to elements on the periodic table.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Astro7x posted:

Is this Top 25 Rivalries thing new to the network? Renee Young is in a lab coat right now, comparing wrestlers to elements on the periodic table.

I think it's new to the network but it came out on DVD about a year ago.

Jabba The American
Sep 5, 2011

I'm gonna have you thrown out of here in a minute!
Clash of the Champions 6 is on at the moment and I'm having difficulty figuring out why they would hold this in the Superdome. Obviously they were expecting a better crowd than 5300, but any other venue in town would've been cheaper and the crowd noise just dissipates in a 1/10th full stadium.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Scott Keith says that booker George Scott screwed TBS over by not promoting the main event because he was afraid that giving away a house show favorite on free TV would kill business. As if running a major TV event in a suspiciously darkened arena wouldn't give him the same effect.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I was thinking Steve Casey was Stan Lane, but then I realized I just saw him wrestle.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Not sure either of these counts as one of the "greatest matches in WM history."

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Didn't realize the original plan was going to be Rourke against Jericho

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The most telling thing about Wrestlemania Rewind is how the backstory for the old ones always starts like 9-12 months in advance and the recent ones only start around January of that year. It says a lot, I think.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Steamboat looks high as poo poo in that picture

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So will it be DX or Evolution?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

The Corre obviously.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there any stuff on the Network with good Dangerous Alliance stuff? I find the stable fascinating.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is there any stuff on the Network with good Dangerous Alliance stuff? I find the stable fascinating.

they were in a War Games match. I wanna say it was one of the Wrestle War events

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My favorite thing about Paul E Dangerously is his giant 80s cell phone.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

nWo WolfPac

Speaking of the Nation, I was amused to see D'Lo as one of the King's slaves on the King's Court in my 94 Raw watching.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha Ambrose owns

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Chinston Wurchill posted:

nWo WolfPac

Speaking of the Nation, I was amused to see D'Lo as one of the King's slaves on the King's Court in my 94 Raw watching.

Gillberg was right next to him!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Gill was all over those early Raws!

I was out of the country during the Canadian Raws featuring the Hart Foundation and I remember making my dad tape them on VHS so I could watch them when I got back. The heel in the US face in Canada dynamic was so interesting.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

My favorite thing about Paul E Dangerously is his giant 80s cell phone.

Mine too. Honourable mention to Alexandra York's laptop/speak n spell thing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Evolution at #5? Did not see that coming.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I always wondered about those jobbers carrying around guys like Lawler and King Mabel. In kayfabe I figured it was like "Well, you can do this for the same pay as we'd give you for King Kong Bundy kicking your rear end, so."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The fart foundation stinks

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I forgot how good Flair's facial selling of Batista's turn was. HHH is trying to figure out how to play this, Ric just sees how he will die.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Horsemen at 4, this countdown is invalid.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'll guess NWO at 1, DX at 2, and either Shield or Nexus at 3.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
RTC #3 above Evolution and 4 Horsemen is pretty shocking.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

DM Punk posted:

RTC #3 above Evolution and 4 Horsemen is pretty shocking.

RTC was an honourable mention.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
THE BROOD AT NUMBER 2?! WHAT IN THE gently caress.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wow what? The Brood?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

This countdown is literally insane.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

THE BROOD AT NUMBER 2?! WHAT IN THE gently caress.

I'd guess the vote got split between DX and nWo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Was edge wearing the spider man vs muta shirt? Because that rules.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

I wasn't even expecting the Brood to be on there, but they were! :unsmith: No Ministry, though? Seems like they left out a number of factions that seemed like obvious choices.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Hunter/Steph better not beat Savage/Liz.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

No mention of nwo?!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

omgomgomg posted:

No mention of nwo?!

They were number 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Can we just ban the nWo from these recap things from now on? I don't know how many times I can watch the same talking heads remixed.

Disappointed that there was no Corporate Ministry on the countdown.

• Locked thread