Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Yeah, it's gotta be Ray "Soon-to-be-Wife-Beater" Rice. Tweeting stupid poo poo is something you do once and get lambasted for. Ray Rice beat a woman unconscious and then got her to apologize for getting in the way of his fist. This is not even a contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

It was over Michael Sam.

Yeah I got that - did he go out later on a soapbox and thump the Bible or condemn him or his lifestyle?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not that I know of, he's just a nothing college QB who didn't tweet any of that when the straight guys kissed their girlfriends so it was obviously an eww tweet of some sort. Which is douchy to a degree and maybe he's unfairly targeted to some degree, but whichever way you lean this is still a total mismatch.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ray Rice is a sleeper pick for the final four imo.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Benne posted:

Ray Rice, no contest.

Guy who beats his spouse versus the average middle American.

Ray Rice in a loving landslide.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Wanvig posted:

Yeah I got that - did he go out later on a soapbox and thump the Bible or condemn him or his lifestyle?

Nah. He really is a weak entrant in my opinion. He likely got put in over more deserving douches like Merriweather because of being from UT and THAT FACE.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Dude you should just call it for Rice already. No one has voted for Case McCoy and no one will because there is no contest. Case made a dumb comment over twitter along with millions of americans when Sam kissed his BF. Ray Rice punched out his fiancee then got her to apologize.

It's like Lawrence Taylor playing a pee-wee team

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Febreeze posted:

Dude you should just call it for Rice already. No one has voted for Case McCoy and no one will because there is no contest

Before Ray Rice's hypothetical story of abuse and his wife-to-be's apology I was going to make a long effort post saying that Ray Rice was to be charged and so McCoy should move on by technicality. Also the charges that have been filed are quite pithy to begin with. Save Us Based Rog, I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I blame us Missouri fans for not nominating DGB earlier or going further into what he did. DGB/Rice would at least be a closer matchup.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Dude you should just call it for Rice already. No one has voted for Case McCoy and no one will because there is no contest. Case made a dumb comment over twitter along with millions of americans when Sam kissed his BF. Ray Rice punched out his fiancee then got her to apologize.

I might call it a day early tomorrow.

:siren:I need one more volunteer to contact me who can take Nolan Nawrocki's interview. Someone, please!:siren:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ray Rice because having lovely opinions don't end with you dragging your unconscious wife around because you knocked her the gently caress out.

Also the Aldon Smith round one is over but I'll vote for Aldon Smith PRE-EMPTIVELY NO MATTER WHO HE IS AGAINST

Just because Seahawks fans forget that Marshawn Lynch is also a lovely drunk driving rear end in a top hat because he does funny stuff with Skittles & have crucified Smith for the same poo poo. A vote for Aldon is a vote to throw this back in their faces :colbert:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Holy poo poo like Ray Rice had any real competition this round

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Ray Rice, haha as if this vote matters

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Sounds like a probation violation.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
If Ray Rice doesn't pitch a shut out your moral compass is a'broken.

And ol' Ray Rice here reminded me that TMZ Sports™ is a thing on this planet we live in. I wish I could have remembered that during nominations for the Media bracket. god damnit. :reject:

p.s. did I mention Ray Rice? How do you be a big ol' muscle'ey football player the size of Ray Rice, who I know isn't ALL that big, but still not be able to lift or carry a woman?

You're telling me this useless shithole Ray Rice can't pick up another human?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Ray Not Very Nice Rice

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ray Rice, no contest.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ray Rice. God, looking at the video just makes it so much worse. He didn't just knock out his lady, he's slinging her around with very little care, like, he just dumps her on the floor outside the elevator, no worries about maybe she'll whack her head on the floor or something.

That kind of poo poo just makes me furious. gently caress you Ray Rice.

Being homophobic is not as bad as deciding to tweet your homophobia because you're so clueless that you don't realize that it just makes you look like a douche, but that still pales in comparison to actual domestic violence.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I've already plugged Ray Rice into the bracket as the winner of this matchup. It's ready to upload whenever you want to call it :)

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Militree posted:

I've already plugged Ray Rice into the bracket as the winner of this matchup. It's ready to upload whenever you want to call it :)

Go ahead and upload it, haha. I don't see Case making a comeback. This match is supposed to have another 24 hours, but I think I will call it shortly.

Fun fact: Unless someone comes in and trolls, this will be only the second shut out in DotY history. The other was in year 1 when Craig James shut out Ice Cube 48-0.

The below artwork is what happened because I didn't have Militree around.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 27, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Why the hell is Ice Cube even there? :psyduck:

e: I either suck at googling or its because of that Raider song and 30 for 30

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

old dog child posted:

Why the hell is Ice Cube even there? :psyduck:

e: I either suck at googling or its because of that Raider song and 30 for 30

Yup, you nailed it.

I'll be cutting this match short and will update tonight.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Case McCoy for the sole reason that he shouldn't go without a vote in this tournament and gently caress Texas. :owned:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Elotana posted:

Case McCoy for the sole reason that he shouldn't go without a vote in this tournament and gently caress Texas. :owned:

t:mad: Oh yeah well at least our players aren't going to have legendary busts in the draft this yea-

gently caress.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Wanvig posted:

He was relatively sedate compared to some but if he felt the need to comment on Michael Sam kissing his partner with that then I'm going to call the guy a homophobic rear end in a top hat. Just because he had just enough of a brain to avoid saying anything more offensive doesn't stop him being a tool.

I'll admit, it's pretty weak in comparison to some of the other entrants but he's still a jerk.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I was so crestfallen when I saw that Case McCoy tweet because he had been really likeable all season long despite being mostly terrible at football. Hell, he was responsible for probably the two most celebrated Texas victories of the last 4 years (A&M in 2011 and OU in 2013). It was such a loving bummer that he had to chime in and be a douchebag. But Ray Rice is still easily worse so whatever.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Vaders Jester posted:

He was relatively sedate compared to some but if he felt the need to comment on Michael Sam kissing his partner with that then I'm going to call the guy a homophobic rear end in a top hat. Just because he had just enough of a brain to avoid saying anything more offensive doesn't stop him being a tool.

I'll admit, it's pretty weak in comparison to some of the other entrants but he's still a jerk.

Yeah that's what I was wondering. I get that his opinion is contrary to how most people in this thread feel, but I just find it funny that his one tweet got him in the same "douche of the year" tournament as a dude that beats his wife. The internet is a funny place.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Elotana posted:

Nope Ben Has Tiny Weenus already called it for Ray Rice so this doesn't count; voting was *cough*unofficially*cough* closed! :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Elotana posted:

You're my spirit animal.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

:siren:(3)Ray Rice has defeated (3)Case McCoy 45-1!:siren:

I'd like to thank the beautiful Cowbelle for writing the Case McCoy interview.

Episode 7: Quarterback Douchedown

Featuring: (2)Jameis Winston vs. (7)Colin Kaepernick

Jameis Winston

A Man and his dog posted:

I nominate Jameis Winston for raping some poor girl and getting away with it because you know "Football"

Now we go to Mean Gene for an interview with Jameis Winston

We come to you live from Tallahassee where Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston is about to take on Colin Kapernick in the 4th Annual Douche of the year awards. I have Jameis here with me….

WOOOOOOO!!!!! Let me tell you something Mean WOOOOO!!!! Gene I’m fired up for this contest for the most WOOOOO!!! important prize of all time WOOOOO!!!! I can stand here WOOO! and extoll the myriad of my accomplishments Gene!

I’m a ladies man Angry Geno! WOOO!!!!

I appreciate the finer things in life Gerald! Like seafood!

But WOOOO!!! really WOOO!!! You need vote for me because of one. simple. fact.

Colin Kapermick! WOOO!! Isn’t a douche! That whole girl in the hotel room thing? Bitch was crazy! He was a nice guy! Colin Kapermick is the guy you want to date your sister. Now Genie, let me tell you something. You know and I know that Colin Kapernick is half the man I am, and I have half the brains that he does! So WOOOO!!! Mean Genius! This is no contest! I am the man WOOOOO!! and to be the man you got to beat the man WOOOO!!!

Alright there we have it, straight from the Jameis's mouth!

VS.

Colin Kaepernick

wtftastic posted:

In which case I will nominate COLIN KAEPERNICK for being a bad leader and wearing his hat backwards, which as we all know is a cardinal sin.

Chichevache posted:

Colin Kaepernick because a Raiders fan on my facebook shared a chainletter where he didn't stop to take a picture with a six year old during a movie. Total douche material there.

I've been told that Colin has a few things to say about the match We head down live for an interview

Interviewer: So, I've been told you have a prepared statement, Colin?

Kaepernick: I do.

"To begin, I don't usually degrade myself by calling someone a 'crazy bitch', but she was a crazy bitch. Don't blame me for her wacky-rear end going full crackhead. I called 911 while she was drunk, naked, and demanding my seman as if her cooch was a submarine.

I know why I'm here. The two reasons. Let me kiss a bicep first. Because, and I don't like to call someone an old racist cracker, but there a drat lot of old racist crackers that loving hate that I kiss my biceps and have tatoos and- lets not forget- I'm a black man that took a white Utah kid's job. Just wait for John Roberts to eliminate affirmative action, don't try to drag me down. I'm just going to keep kissing my biceps and getting new tattoos. Oh yeah, I'm never gonna cover up my lovely ones either. Those lovely tattoos you get for a case of beer and a Nevada jersey will keep you humble.

Secondly, and let me punctuate that by kissing my second bicep, because of the oh-so passionate 12th man bandwagoning in and nominating me like the come-lately limp dicks they are. Now, I don't like using the phrase passive-aggressive bitches lightly, but the 12th man is bunch a passive-aggressive bitches posting poo poo on reddit and facebook calling me everything but a human being or a thug. Or a new breed of thug-human being, mugging you for your marriages at dick-point. Doesn't loving matter.

You know why? I'm the best. I'm the new breed of QB. I've got so much 59/50 its almost 5150, and I wear it backwards to piss off all you microsoft nerds. I'm getting paid less than a million a year and I've been worth twenty times that since I was a rookie. So keep sucking on that government-funded teet, assholes. I hope Boeing fires everyone and moves ten thousands jobs to South Carolina or China. Also way to go on losing the Sonics. Too bad you couldn't have stolen the Kings, huh? You're all woe-is-me assholes, while I'm the superstar you wish you had. Enjoy paying a midget on the IR elite QB money. Big hands, oh the big hands, big hands on a tiny football god, drat stupid shitheads- all of you! Enjoy your one championship, I'll fill my fist before I punch my way into Canton."

Interviewer: That was... passionate.

Kaepernick: I'm already called a thug by sport columnists. Come at me.

Interviewer: But what about criticisms stemming from your Beats By Dre-

Kaepernick: I don't want to talk about it.

Interviewer: But its the primary reason you were voted on by fans of your own team.

Kaepernick: Talk to my agent, then.

Interviewer: I'm here to interview you.

Kaepernick: Okay, I would have won the game if my pass was a foot further and you wouldn't even be here, how about that?

Interviewer: And yet here I am.

Kaepernick: Listen, Sherman is an idiot.

Interviewer: He went to-

Kaepernick: He went to Stanford, yeah that excuses his Mr Ed mouth popping off at the end of the game?

Interviewer: Passion after the game-

Kaepernick: That tweedy rear end in a top hat was calm as a cucumber before the feed went live, hugging Erin like they were best friends. Look at the tapes. Look at the loving tapes.

Listen, I'm not here to talk about the past. I'm preparing to win a superbowl and make the "twelfs" go quiet in November. And I'm going to follow every single poster that votes for me for the motivation to do that. As Michael Jordan showed, it isn't bitterness when you use it to be the best.

I'm out. Like the original Chinatown's Tiger Mothers would say: 'dishonor on you, dishonor on your city, dishonor on your fanbase'- I'm out.

Does being a douche require specific terrible or hilarious actions?
Or can one's attitude alone be enough to attain this hallowed status?
Only one way to find out!
1... DOUCHE!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

I am voting for Jameis Winston. It is a pretty easy choice, but I expect a few spite votes for Kaepernick.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Dunno why Kaep even got nominated. Everytime it sounds like he might be a douche it turns out the media is the douche instead. Kaep is cool and has a tortoise

Jameis Winston may or may not be a rapist, but since he doesn't have a tortoise, he must get my vote.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

I am voting for Jameis Winston. It is a pretty easy choice, but I expect a few spite votes for Kaepernick.

Same here, Winston gets my vote. I mean even if the rape thing didn't happen stealing crab legs beats Kaep. Also tortoises.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Colin Kaepernick because he plays for a team that I do not much care for. Also, he has funny looking eyes and tattoos that offend my white sensibilities.

edit: Also, all these reasons:

Go with Christ, Seattle Seahawks.

Benne please edit your post to reflect the changes made to that picture. Thank you in advance fellow 12 of the 12th man Army 12th division.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 28, 2014

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Everything I should dislike about Winston are not 100% factually supported, while all of the reasons I have for disliking Kaepernick are 100% true.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Schwack posted:

edit: Also, all these reasons:

This is why the 12th Man is making a deep tourney run.

Jameis Winston

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Colin Kaepernick so I can read another defensive Niners fans defense of Kap against a strawman joke in a rather... verbal manner which is a rather strong contrast with the real Kap's taciturn nature.

Febreeze posted:

Dunno why Kaep even got nominated. Everytime it sounds like he might be a douche it turns out the media is the douche instead. Kaep is cool and has a tortoise

Jameis Winston may or may not be a rapist, but since he doesn't have a tortoise, he must get my vote.

:thejoke:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Colin Kaepernick, for losing the NFC Championship Game and failing to silence the 12th Man for another year minute.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Colin Kaepernick for teaching babies stiff arms and by proxy, football. Dooming another generation to CTE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I'd like to vote Chichevache here, but since I can't, I'll go ahead and give the nod to Colin Kaepernick for being a Packers fan (the one thing Niners and Seahawks fans can agree on, gently caress the Packers).

• Locked thread