Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Good news, the eyepatch scales to your eye size!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kelp you're a beacon of light in a cold, uncaring universe.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

You can handwave it by saying people who don't dodge telegraphs are bad players, but no 40+ man raiding guild in history (including top-end guilds like FoH, DnT, etc) has managed to avoid having deadweight. You (yes you, Pergo goons) are going to have bad players in your 40-mans. You are going to have bad players in your 5-mans, at least occasionally. Even if you make sure to only group with superstars and never touch the group finder, your deadweight raiders still need attunements from 5s. If your response is just a flat-out "I don't heal avoidable telegraphs, get better you bad player", you're going to run into trouble sometimes. You need those ping pong balls to kill the boss.

It's entirely possible that medic healing will click with you and you'll like it and it'll work out fine. But it's very much a different style and it relies on your group being willing to work with your T-rex arm limitation. When I'm healing, I don't want crippling limitations.

I actually wasn't trying to handwave it or anything! I'm of the firm belief that, as a support role, if someone I'm supposed to be supporting dies, then it's never just their fault. I will always take at least part of the blame. I will heal through avoidable telegraphs - as in my second point, you have tools to adjust, or you could just think like a tank and expect what they'll do, which is pretty easy with any degree of synergy. You can also cancel out of using Crisis Wave, so if you're going to miss, you can still save your Actuators, which was the main thing you brought up, "being out of chi".

I was just attempting to provide a counter-experience where, as a Medic, you aren't really powerless, it just requires thinking about the situation differently as you would if you had a targeted heal. :)

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Sooo... server seems to be up for OPS week again.

In case someone's wanting to tool around with stuff.

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013

Iron Tusk posted:

2 step verification has been added. Uses Google Authenticator. You can find it in the "My Account" page under security.

Fairly significant rewards.

◾Progression Boosts: 2% Increase to Experience, Renown, and Prestige gain
◾Character Title: Certifiably Certified
◾Costume Piece: Cybernetic Eyepatch

Trying to add this to my account and it's a real pain in the rear end with the webpages not loading.

aaaaaaaaaaaand site down for maintenance.

Lionguild fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 28, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Cronodoculous posted:

We've got a lot of baiters, parkers, and campers already lined up, do you have any experience in chat trolls, group stalking, or the Southern Stranglethorn Sarsaparilla Shakedown? I mean, with a resume like that you are a solid Tier 1 candidate, but with some experience in Tier 2 griefing we could definitely set you up in a management position.

I was part of militaryPoliceforce ATAK back in 2006 :colbert:

/spit

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

Oh okay. I thought fishing was okay in FF11 I think because it was interesting and it was okay in WOW because you could get cool poo poo like Mr Pinchy but uh no other game really does much with it which is kind of a bummer

its you. you're the guy who fishes in wow

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.

Evil_Greven posted:

Sooo... server seems to be up for OPS week again.

In case someone's wanting to tool around with stuff.

They're back down until 8pm EST

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ad by Khad posted:

You can handwave it by saying people who don't dodge telegraphs are bad players, but no 40+ man raiding guild in history (including top-end guilds like FoH, DnT, etc) has managed to avoid having deadweight. You (yes you, Pergo goons) are going to have bad players in your 40-mans. You are going to have bad players in your 5-mans, at least occasionally. Even if you make sure to only group with superstars and never touch the group finder, your deadweight raiders still need attunements from 5s.
It's me, I'm the dead weight. Sorry guys jumps off boat

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing
Now that the server's down, I really wish I wouldn't have spent the last hour in the starter area zone chat saying that WoW was the first MMO.

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.

Jfizzoid posted:

Now that the server's down, I really wish I wouldn't have spent the last hour in the starter area zone chat saying that WoW was the first MMO.

Can this be Goon Squad's slogan?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jfizzoid posted:

That was you?

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.
Quick question for any UK goons who have preordered; where did you get yours from, and how quickly did you get your headstart code?

I ask as Amazon haven't sent me my code for almost a week even after I called them about it (this was a day after the 'we'll send it within 72 hours' expired), and I may just cancel it there if I can find a better deal elsewhere.

Also regarding Medics, they're seeming less and less appealing to me the more I think about, though I imagine the shield healing is gonna be the crux of their usefulness as people say.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming with a 20% discount and got my code instantly.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

RiffRoff posted:

Can this be Goon Squad's slogan?

Crisis Wave can't crit.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
http://watchwildstar.com/census

New census.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Medic's much lower in this round of census taking.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

The Wicked Wall posted:

Quick question for any UK goons who have preordered; where did you get yours from, and how quickly did you get your headstart code?

I ask as Amazon haven't sent me my code for almost a week even after I called them about it (this was a day after the 'we'll send it within 72 hours' expired), and I may just cancel it there if I can find a better deal elsewhere.

Also regarding Medics, they're seeming less and less appealing to me the more I think about, though I imagine the shield healing is gonna be the crux of their usefulness as people say.

Shopto.net

got mine instantly plus I'm a regular shopper there so got loads of money off, however GMG does have the discounts and stuff not sure how long it takes to get the code though

robotastronaut
Aug 6, 2012

VoLaTiLe posted:

Shopto.net

got mine instantly plus I'm a regular shopper there so got loads of money off, however GMG does have the discounts and stuff not sure how long it takes to get the code though

I also got mine through GMG and the code arrived more or less instantly.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Miles O'Brian posted:

I pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming with a 20% discount and got my code instantly.

Same here.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Hey if you are rolling a goon guild on any server/faction please register at wildstargoons.com and if you have enough people I'll make you a little subforum if you want. That goes for ironlung specifically.

Just Dont Look
Nov 6, 2007

Perhaps thou shalt dain to sup on the meaty sustenance of my loins.
Are any of the Oceanic goons out there planning on rolling on Myrcalus? I'd prefer to have the maximum amount of people online during my playtime and feel that as Myrcalus is tagged as Oceanic, the only sensible thing to do is play there.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Game hasn't even started and we are getting hate.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/26pmkq/guild_leaders_do_fellow_guild_leaders_a_favour/

quote:

Just knowing where goon squad is rolling is good enough reason for this thing, gently caress everything about playing with those guys.

quote:

They're always pvp, and they always grief as hard as possible, valuing griefing as a guild. Not to mention they always bring hundreds of players to whatever game the play so they can get away with whatever they want.

quote:

They're basically the Internet's Biggest Zerg Guild that takes pleasure in shouting obscenities while they LOL their way around the game.

Mount Desert
Jan 14, 2010
For Two Factor Auth:

There are a few different options if you don't want to be tied to your phone's Google Auth app. I personally use Yubikey Neo for my Google Auth / other TOTP key replacement. It's a small,cheap NFC enabled hardware token that stores your secret key and can be used on any NFC device (phone/tablet/etc) or on your desktop. If you just want to avoid all that entirely and stick to a single desktop app, there's WinAuth.

Census:

I like the census, it's a fairly even (at the moment) split amongst most classes, races, and factions with an understandable skew towards some things like the Soldier path.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

blueberrysmith posted:

Medic's much lower in this round of census taking.

You're better off using your intuition in these matters anyway--those polls are practically worthless. No way medics are going to be more popular than warriors/stalkers/spellslingers. Unless they are flavor of the month OP, but even then that will take a few weeks for your average player to catch on to.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

This is wonderful.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

That kind of makes me want to play on the pvp server...

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

To be fair, they're not actually wrong about your intentions on rolling on a pvp server. Otherwise it wouldn't have turned the thread into a shitshow.

Still don't know why that one guy linked the Jaina kite video like it was a bad thing, though.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Holyshoot didn't even post the tears from the other reddit thread/4chan's /vg/ board.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
So, any special rules on how character naming works in this? I loved Tabula Rasa's system where you choose a first and last name and all of your characters shared the same last name, so people could message you regardless of which alt you were playing on. Anything similar like that here? And if not with character names, can you message people by account names?

Iron Tusk posted:

The best thing about Wildstar

All glory be to hitbutton.

Also this is the best addon.

Brackhar fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 29, 2014

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Brackhar posted:

So, any special rules on how character naming works in this? I loved Tabula Rasa's system where you choose a first and last name and all of your characters shared the same last name, so people could message you regardless of which alt you were playing on. Anything similar like that here? And if not with character names, can you message people by account names?
Seems to be using WoW's 'characters are completely separate' system that they had before RealID/BattleTags were introduced (which I guess isn't surprising since the Devs are the guys who developed WoW before all that stuff came about). Each alt on each server is treated as a totally separate character but it looks like you can message/invite people by using Name@Server. I'm really spoiled by Guild Wars 2 where just about everything is account bound and this sort of stuff feels like a step backwards.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
You can set friends by account.

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Brackhar posted:

You have good priorities.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

Brackhar posted:

Also this is the best addon.

Holy poo poo, this is even better than TheAddon. Does it animate?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Mercurius posted:

Seems to be using WoW's 'characters are completely separate' system that they had before RealID/BattleTags were introduced (which I guess isn't surprising since the Devs are the guys who developed WoW before all that stuff came about). Each alt on each server is treated as a totally separate character but it looks like you can message/invite people by using Name@Server. I'm really spoiled by Guild Wars 2 where just about everything is account bound and this sort of stuff feels like a step backwards.

Well drat. That means I'll likely need to use stupid names like Brackhar_TechGuy for my engineer and such.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Doublestep posted:

Holyshoot didn't even post the tears from the other reddit thread/4chan's /vg/ board.

Link please!

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Tupper posted:

Holy poo poo, this is even better than TheAddon. Does it animate?

Of course. What is this, the stone age?

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

hit button posted:

Of course. What is this, the stone age?

well, either that or just remembering how TA didn't animate and had weird aliasing borders. Is the link to the addon somewhere in the thread here or what? Am I blind help

oh hi you're the dev. neat

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Download link is on the offsite:
http://www.wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/samotes.102/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Is the naming system like GW2's where your name has to be unique across literally ever server in your region, or is it by per server basis like WoW?

• Locked thread