Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wiz posted:

The "Wealth of Nations" part of the patch notes.

Awesome, thanks. And, in a stroke of amazing luck, I just got good news about my finances, so it looks like I'll be getting it soon anyway! :D

This expansion looks really good, between the trade additions (trading has always been my favorite part of the game) and the Hindu mechanics/events/event pictures. I'm really excited to see what you guys have in store next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Yeah when I get half the world in a coalition against me I decide to just wait until it cools off and use that time to centralize things by coring, converting provinces, building things or if I'm coastal doing some colonizing. Since things are pretty interesting in EU4 even when you're not at war once you get colonialism and the reformation going I think it works.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
1.6: world conquest is possible, but only by rebels.

Nationalism is pretty crazy now and it's weird that you can completely circumvent it by diplo annexing. It just makes diplo annexing even more of the best way to expand.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know which other 3 DLCs came with the expansion? The list on Steam went from 13 to 18 DLCs but it doesn't track which ones you own....

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Tahirovic posted:

Does anyone know which other 3 DLCs came with the expansion? The list on Steam went from 13 to 18 DLCs but it doesn't track which ones you own....

Looks to me like Muslim Ships, Trader Units and an eBook.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Tahirovic posted:

Muslim Ship Unit Pack ($1.99) adds 12 unique ships for Muslim nations.

Trade Nations Unit Pack ($1.99) adds 16 new unique models (4 each for Aragon, Genoa, Novgorod, and the Hansa.)

Wealth of Nations e-book ($1.99) is the classic book in digital form.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Welp, the "AI won't turn on you" doesn't work too well

loaded the save where I was long time allied to Uzbek, they form Bukhara and break alliance immediately. Also "wants provinces" actually tops at more than -200 by the looks of it, if it were it wouldn't be -200 in total reputation.

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 29, 2014

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pyromancer posted:

loaded the save where I was long time allied to Uzbek, they form Bukhara and break alliance immediately. Also "wants provinces" actually tops at more than -200 by the looks of it, if it were it wouldn't be -200 in total reputation.

AI will still turn on you if they want your stuff bad enough and it was never advertised otherwise. Likely they have a mission on you or decision that they are scripted to try and enact.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Patch Notes posted:

- Not possible to send gifts, offer loans or send subsidies while in debt.
Paradox, stop trying to save me from myself.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Wiz posted:

Yes, and there is a significant middle ground between "owns all of Europe 50 years into the game" and "no expansion whatsoever", thus the hyperbole.

If you're not aiming for total world domination when you're given the keys to a country, you're not doing it right. Especially not if it's in a video game.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Praise Allah we finally have automatic cardinal voting.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Wiz posted:

AI will still turn on you if they want your stuff bad enough and it was never advertised otherwise. Likely they have a mission on you or decision that they are scripted to try and enact.

The only way I ever had a longtime ally turn on me before this patch was when one of these random (read: bullshit) "border tension" events fire. I thought this patch was going to fix that but if they want to murder you when they suddenly get a claim on your land then that doesn't fix that at all. Unless these events don't fire anymore for close buddies or something. I guess I'll find out when I actually get to play a longer game.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure the new rival mechanics are working properly, I just had 19 province England declare Provence and their 4 provinces as a rival.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wiz posted:

Worth noting in that area is that warscore costs now scale for the entire coalition size when making peace with a coalition, so you'll be able to take more provinces when defeating a large coalition. Combined with Administrative Efficiency mechanics, it allows for some extremely fast blobbing towards the endgame.

YES.

Okay, I'm legitimately excited to get back into the game now.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Saw what I assume was a bug in the England game I just started.

One Irish one-province-minor country declared a war of conquest on another, moved in and occupied the province. They were at 100 war score, but never ended the war and just sat there with the province occupied.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is anyon else getting major slowdown since the patch?

Glowing Red Sign
Oct 26, 2008
Just got my Steam key from Humble, so if you pre-ordered from them now is a good time to check.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

PleasingFungus posted:

YES.

Okay, I'm legitimately excited to get back into the game now.

Then your blobbed-up empire explodes with million rebel stacks, and because of unit changes even most backwards patriot rebels seriously damage your army. As result of rebel whack-a-mole you never recover any manpower for 30 years after conquest.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Game and various older DLC are 75% off on Steam as weekend deal. For some reason CoP itself is 75% off, its music pack is also reduced but the unit packs are not.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
So I thought it would be a good idea to start a orissa game to see the new hindu events. Well I'm about 1 year in and I have a rebelstack that is twice my forcelimit :v:

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Sorced posted:

So I thought it would be a good idea to start a orissa game to see the new hindu events. Well I'm about 1 year in and I have a rebelstack that is twice my forcelimit :v:

Depending on what kind of rebel they are, you might get to keep those troops if they win.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Orissa starts with uncored provinces so they are nationalists.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Cocksmith posted:

Praise Allah we finally have automatic cardinal voting.

More like praise Allah; Oman is Ibadi and its great. :getin:

Jabu
Feb 11, 2004

There are no heroes left in man

Vodos posted:

Game and various older DLC are 75% off on Steam as weekend deal. For some reason CoP itself is 75% off, its music pack is also reduced but the unit packs are not.

Native Americans Unit Pack is not on sale but Native Americans II Unit Pack is :v:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Give it an hour or two, sometimes Steam takes awhile to update all its sales right after the daily rollover at 1PM Eastern.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
A 0% revolt risk province just spawned a stack of rebels that's twice my force limit. It's just peasants, but still, that's ridiculous.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Pyromancer posted:

That...really isn't a great example of this anyway. They onlyl had +53 positive opinion of you in the first place, which meant that they were one bad mission or event away from hating you. Not exactly an ally for life, heck you haven't even improved their opinion of you. -216 opinion is hardly impossible to overcome.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Why am I getting same culture patriot rebels?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

Zeron posted:

That...really isn't a great example of this anyway. They onlyl had +53 positive opinion of you in the first place, which meant that they were one bad mission or event away from hating you. Not exactly an ally for life, heck you haven't even improved their opinion of you. -216 opinion is hardly impossible to overcome.

Don't forget +50 from alliance they just broke, also paradox math: +53-216= -200. It shows province desire as -200 but in reality it's at least -247 if not more.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Pyromancer posted:

Then your blobbed-up empire explodes with million rebel stacks, and because of unit changes even most backwards patriot rebels seriously damage your army. As result of rebel whack-a-mole you never recover any manpower for 30 years after conquest.

Yessss. I'm psyched. I'm pumped. I'm ready to hire some mercenaries and be crippled by cycles of rebellion & debt. Gonna roleplay Philip II like it was going out of style!

Glowing Red Sign
Oct 26, 2008
Yow, they weren't kidding when they said the unit pips were reduced across the board.

Does this mean that morale, discipline, and combat ability will be significantly more important?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Play as Poland, take Danzig and Chelmno, get 3/4 of the way to Danzig cored when a stack of 15 rebels pops up and insta-wipes my 9-stack army stationed there, despite full maintenence. Didn't even have time to move my other army over (which of course arrives the day after and loses 5k of its 8k men, so now I don't have enough men to actually recreate that army for at least a year). :pwn: This is some wacky poo poo. Needs toning down for sure.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I love patch day grousing on the Paradox forums almost as much as I love nationalistic rage on the Paradox forums.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Ray and Shirley posted:

I love patch day grousing on the Paradox forums almost as much as I love nationalistic rage on the Paradox forums.

It's fun when they're bitching about canals or the like but to be fair they're right about the rebels.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Trujillo posted:

It's fun when they're bitching about canals or the like but to be fair they're right about the rebels.

Oh sure, they are right. But some of them express their dissapointment with such pedantic flourish:

hwoosh posted:

You couldn't ask for clearer evidence that PDS has no idea what its design goals are for this game. Patch 1.6 brings back the ridiculous rebel problems from 1.1—and explicitly labels the change as a "balance fix", no less! It feels like some carousel of existential absurdity.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I'm only a few decades into a new game but it seems like everyone including the AI are getting their asses kicked by nationalist rebels, the only nation that is able to squash them reliably is France. Even Austria lost its conquests back to rebels.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007
Is the AI more likely to give you stuff in peace deals? France just gave me Berg in a peace deal even though I had no claim or core on it. I've rarely ever seen the AI give a province with a claim nevermind one without it.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Trujillo posted:

An issue with canals is that one of them (panama) is impossible to build because panama is automatically given to a colonial nation, so there's an actual ill thought out issue.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Landsknecht posted:

An issue with canals is that one of them (panama) is impossible to build because panama is automatically given to a colonial nation, so there's an actual ill thought out issue.

Well it should be impossible to build in the EU era full stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

Just build it as a new world nation, duh.

• Locked thread