Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Dross posted:

If you don't like what the company is doing then don't reward them for it.

I liked FFIII on DS. Problem is, it is competing with 5 year old AAA releases that I can get for the same price of less. I was expecting 9.99. It's splitting hairs here, since in absolutes it's 5bux, but relatively speaking, that's 50% more than I had in mind, but I'll pay it on the chance we see Bravely Default.

quote:

Don't expect Bravely Default. Nintendo published that in the west.
Ah, thanks for the heads up. That sort of thing would definitely make things problematic-unto-impossible. Idea still stands, since it isn't specifically about BD. That was really just an example.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kiggles posted:

I liked FFIII on DS. Problem is, it is competing with 5 year old AAA releases that I can get for the same price of less. I was expecting 9.99. It's splitting hairs here, since in absolutes it's 5bux, but relatively speaking, that's 50% more than I had in mind, but I'll pay it on the chance we see Bravely Default.

Don't expect Bravely Default. Nintendo published that in the west.
Nintendo aren't likely to say "Sure, make some money on the game we brought over to the west on a platform that isn't ours."

But like someone else said, other games of its kind that aren't Bravely Default? Maybe.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kiggles posted:

I liked FFIII on DS.

Here, let me be a bit blunt since everyone else is dancing around it. You're dumb, paying any more money on FFIIIDSOUYAPC version is dumb and the only reason they released III on PC is because they already had it out on android and already had a team working on porting to everything they could get to run it. You're more likely to see Dimensions or some of those really terrible android ports/games make it to steam before anything like 4HoL or BD.

BUT If you want to see them release more games on PC then please don't support bad games since there's already actually good games available on steam right now from the same company.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm up to the first time you go to the Gold Saucer in FF7. I grabbed Cait Sith and did the roller coaster shooting game to get the umbrella, though I probably won't ever use Cait. Should I bother getting 300 points in the basketball game to get the lifetime membership or just come back later and race chocos?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Mr E posted:

I'm up to the first time you go to the Gold Saucer in FF7. I grabbed Cait Sith and did the roller coaster shooting game to get the umbrella, though I probably won't ever use Cait. Should I bother getting 300 points in the basketball game to get the lifetime membership or just come back later and race chocos?

The latter. There's very little worth doing the first time round, and you might as well save the gil for weapons/materia instead.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

The latter. There's very little worth doing the first time round, and you might as well save the gil for weapons/materia instead.

That's what I figured, didn't see any reason to try and do the stupid basketball game.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I know that if you're not careful you can miss out on a Jecht Sphere in Besaid because of Dark Aeons, but is there anything else that they block off? I think I got all the destruction spheres, so I don't have to worry about those. I'm at the Calm Lands, and was trying to back track for stuff before the Airship triggers the Dark Aeons but I forgot Guadosalam gets locked down at that point so I can't backtrack any further.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Epi Lepi posted:

I know that if you're not careful you can miss out on a Jecht Sphere in Besaid because of Dark Aeons, but is there anything else that they block off? I think I got all the destruction spheres, so I don't have to worry about those. I'm at the Calm Lands, and was trying to back track for stuff before the Airship triggers the Dark Aeons but I forgot Guadosalam gets locked down at that point so I can't backtrack any further.

There's a chest after the last boss in Zanarkand that gets blocked off by a Dark Aeon, so be sure to grab it. It's in the back near a staircase I believe.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Epi Lepi posted:

The big things are:

Besaid destruction sphere (for Anima) - get on first pass through the temple
Macalania destruction sphere (for Anima) - get on first pass through the temple
Sun Crest in Zanarkand (for Tidus's weapon) - get after tentacle lady and before leaving to get the airship

With a nod to:

Besaid Jecht Sphere (for Auron's overdrives) - backtrack alllll the way there after Spherimorph unlocks the Jecht Spheres and before all the Macalania events put plot barriers in the way
Valefor's second overdrive in Besaid - get on first visit (or rather, on your way out), especially since it's increasingly unimportant the later in the game you get it
Maybe a miscellaneous Al Bhed Primer here and there

Put simply, you are locked out of the town of Besaid, you are locked out of the temple in Macalania, and you are locked out of tentacle lady's room in Zanarkand. All other dark aeon encounters are avoidable and you can just walk around them, avoid triggering them, etc.

e: While you're at it, don't forget to talk to Wantz on Gagazet to unlock his shop later on which sells 4-slotted blank equipment.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Epi Lepi posted:

Once you do get the Airship and you're filling up the monster arena: go to Djose instead of the Mushroom Rock Road and just backtrack, especially if you haven't saved in 3 hours. The Dark Magus Sisters are jerks. Also, don't talk to the sad lady in the desert, and if you do, don't run North to escape. Dark Ifrit and the Magus Sisters were the only ones I accidentally ran into and both times they ruined a lot of monster farming.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finally did that Chocobo race after 45 minutes. Got my Sun Sigil.

That's the worst of the Celestial weapon sidequests right? RIGHT? RIGHT!? :argh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It is, but only because it's the only one that relies heavily on luck. Everything else can be cleared with knowledge, memorization, cool reflexes, and patience, which isn't to say that you don't need a whole lot of them.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I find that funny because I actually managed to do all the chocobo race stuff in 30 minutes during the first release and a friend threw a shitfit because it took her like 4-5 hours the previous night.

Now the lightning dodging... gently caress that. gently caress that right to hell.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I hate defending FF3 (and also don't buy it on Steam) but people(including me) actually do way over exaggerate the final dungeon a lot just for emphasis. The trick is after going out of your way to get some treasure boxes, beat some of the mini bosses in the dungeon (I forget how many are in there, I could swear at least 2, maybe more?) you warp out of the dungeon and save and rest. If you clear everything up to the final boss this way, save and rest, it's only like a 15 minute or so run to the final boss. It's still really dumb though, don't get me wrong, but it's not 2 hours without a save point dumb unless you just ABSOLUTELY MUST do it all in 1 shot, which...why would you do that ever, do you hate yourself that much?

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.

Volt Catfish posted:

Finally did that Chocobo race after 45 minutes. Got my Sun Sigil.

That's the worst of the Celestial weapon sidequests right? RIGHT? RIGHT!? :argh:

The first time I played FFX, the chocobo racing only took me an hour but the butterfly catching took me for-loving-ever. On the HD version, I cleared the butterflies on the second attempt but I spent three hours on chocobo racing and my best is still only 17 seconds.

Lightning dodging isn't hard, it's just tedious as gently caress and I haven't attempted it yet. I accidentally triggered Dark Ixion and now my preferred dodging spot isn't spawning any lightning bolts. :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

goldjas posted:

I hate defending FF3 (and also don't buy it on Steam) but people(including me) actually do way over exaggerate the final dungeon a lot just for emphasis. The trick is after going out of your way to get some treasure boxes, beat some of the mini bosses in the dungeon (I forget how many are in there, I could swear at least 2, maybe more?) you warp out of the dungeon and save and rest. If you clear everything up to the final boss this way, save and rest, it's only like a 15 minute or so run to the final boss. It's still really dumb though, don't get me wrong, but it's not 2 hours without a save point dumb unless you just ABSOLUTELY MUST do it all in 1 shot, which...why would you do that ever, do you hate yourself that much?

I thought that was the only way, you can actually leave the world of darkness?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I thought that was the only way, you can actually leave the world of darkness?

I could swear you could, unless I'm insane and mixing it up with the original NES version or something, it has been years since I've played either.

Edit: Just looked it up because I was curious and my memory is bad, you can go back at any time in the Crystal Tower which is like a million floors long and is probably what I was thinking of, once you get to the World of Darkness you can't save, but all the World of Darkness is is a not to large dungeon with 4 side-bosses and the final boss.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 30, 2014

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I just got to the outer continent in IX and I really hate that Vivi keeps getting poo poo on :smith:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I generally respect people's opinions of characters but if somebody doesn't like and/or feels for Vivi over the course of the game I'm going to judge them. :colbert:

One of the best characters Square's ever made.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lessail posted:

I just got to the outer continent in IX and I really hate that Vivi keeps getting poo poo on :smith:

It's fine it's only a doll.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain

ApplesandOranges posted:

I generally respect people's opinions of characters but if somebody doesn't like and/or feels for Vivi over the course of the game I'm going to judge them. :colbert:

One of the best characters Square's ever made.

I consider Vivi to be hands-down the greatest Final Fantasy character. He's tragic but likeable and no character in FFIX reflects the game's themes better.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My favorite thing in FF is the job system. Tactics has my favorite gameplay elements...

... But XII is my favorite FF by a landslide. I love Ivalice, I love the flowery language, I love the pseudo Star Wars backdrop, and I love Basch.

Edit: I think a lot of my love for the game stemmed from coming off of (in my opinion) kind of a disappointing FFX, then the crap that was FF11: Online Gayme. Gambits were cool because you got to set-up great IF This: THEN This, which automated the game in some ways but wasn't the autopilot that was FF13. Great cast of characters (Vaan and Penelo were boring, but I loved Balthier, Fran, Basch, and even Ashe had some fun moments), lots of fun callbacks like Gilgamesh, and the redesigns of the Espers and stuff all were great. Quickenings were a fun way to make Limit Breaks interactive and were always satisfying. The chain system where you were awarded above and beyond grinding with random healing and items, the bounties, the music. It managed to turn down the "anime" factor just a little bit and stuck out to me like a "grown-up final fantasy", if that makes sense to anyone. This isn't meant to belittle your favorite game, just a personal opinion. It felt fresh and I disappeared into it and was utterly lost in it for a long time.
The way Fran says magicite... :allears:

Edit: I just want to make clear that I love FFIV and love the class switch that the main character does, Paladin is my favorite job by a large margin (maybe part of the reason why FFT was so fun to me, all those swordskills and special attacks), love FFVI, and have a soft spot for FFVII and FFIX. I can't look at an Amano artwork without feeling nostalgic! I love how his characters manage to look rough/sketchy, dreamy and ethereal, and super-detailed at the same time.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 30, 2014

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Epi Lepi posted:

You can also miss out on Valefor's second overdrive. You get it by talking to a lady on Besaid so you'll have to go through Dark Valefor, which is admittedly the easiest of the dark aeons.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Firstborn posted:

My favorite thing in FF is the job system. Tactics has my favorite gameplay elements...

... But XII is my favorite FF by a landslide. I love Ivalice, I love the flowery language, I love the pseudo Star Wars backdrop, and I love Basch.

Edit: I think a lot of my love for the game stemmed from coming off of (in my opinion) kind of a disappointing FFX, then the crap that was FF11: Online Gayme. Gambits were cool because you got to set-up great IF This: THEN This, which automated the game in some ways but wasn't the autopilot that was FF13. Great cast of characters (Vaan and Penelo were boring, but I loved Balthier, Fran, Basch, and even Ashe had some fun moments), lots of fun callbacks like Gilgamesh, and the redesigns of the Espers and stuff all were great. Quickenings were a fun way to make Limit Breaks interactive and were always satisfying. The chain system where you were awarded above and beyond grinding with random healing and items, the bounties, the music. It managed to turn down the "anime" factor just a little bit and stuck out to me like a "grown-up final fantasy", if that makes sense to anyone. This isn't meant to belittle your favorite game, just a personal opinion. It felt fresh and I disappeared into it and was utterly lost in it for a long time.

I take it that you've tried the IZJS version? If not, you really really should. There's an English translation patch assuming you have a copy of both the English version and the Japanese IZJS version to rip. It makes XII so much more enjoyable to play, especially if you're familiar with the areas so you can fast forward through all the slow travel.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Vil posted:

The big things are:

Besaid destruction sphere (for Anima) - get on first pass through the temple
Macalania destruction sphere (for Anima) - get on first pass through the temple
Sun Crest in Zanarkand (for Tidus's weapon) - get after tentacle lady and before leaving to get the airship

With a nod to:

Besaid Jecht Sphere (for Auron's overdrives) - backtrack alllll the way there after Spherimorph unlocks the Jecht Spheres and before all the Macalania events put plot barriers in the way
Valefor's second overdrive in Besaid - get on first visit (or rather, on your way out), especially since it's increasingly unimportant the later in the game you get it
Maybe a miscellaneous Al Bhed Primer here and there

Put simply, you are locked out of the town of Besaid, you are locked out of the temple in Macalania, and you are locked out of tentacle lady's room in Zanarkand. All other dark aeon encounters are avoidable and you can just walk around them, avoid triggering them, etc.

e: While you're at it, don't forget to talk to Wantz on Gagazet to unlock his shop later on which sells 4-slotted blank equipment.

Very cool, I need to keep an eye out for Wantz and the Sun Crest, but I've gotten everything else besides the Besaid Jecht Sphere. I'm not sure how much I'm gonna actually do when it comes to Celestials and side quests, but I'm glad my choices won't be entirely decided for me by Dark Aeon fuckery.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Firstborn posted:

Edit: I just want to make clear that I love FFIV and love the class switch that the main character does, Paladin is my favorite job by a large margin (maybe part of the reason why FFT was so fun to me, all those swordskills and special attacks), love FFVI, and have a soft spot for FFVII and FFIX. I can't look at an Amano artwork without feeling nostalgic! I love how his characters manage to look rough/sketchy, dreamy and ethereal, and super-detailed at the same time.

Hey FF bro, you put to words a lot of what I love about the series. XII did in many ways feel like the series growing up. It was a nice tack away from the anime stuff that was taking over a lot of the company's RPG projects at the time, embraced or at times heralded by some of the other directors there. XII was a story about no-bullshit adults doing what they had to to serve their nations and their people... saddled with Vaan and Penelo, demo-targeted characters meant to keep certain fans interested in the series. They are still widely considered the one biggest thematic and story-telling failure of the game, and rightfully so.

I liked the combat OK and the hunts quite a bit but the gameplay was otherwise lacking compared to previous entries.

Incidentally, Cecil's class-change/redemption remains one of my favored fond FF memories along with Celes' story in VI and Cloud confronting the truth of his past in VII. FF stories tend to be at their best when the otherwise fantastical warriors depicted have truly human moments. Probably the reason that FFT and Tactics Ogre, even with their flawed original translations, are still well-regarded. That and of course the job system.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 30, 2014

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FFXII is still pretty anime. It's just a different breed.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Okay, that's it, I'm giving up. Originally, I wanted to get the "Fill the entire sphere grid" trophy with HP Spheres, so that I could have 99.999 hp.

Turns out, that'd be over 300 HP Spheres, so roundabout >150 Ironclad fights, not counting those where he drops Dark Matter instead. The fastest Ironcload method I ever got was Frag Grenade -> Attack Reels -> Entrust to Wakka -> Attack Reels again, and then killing a Dingo to fill up Overdrive again. It was maddening. I didn't get even half as annoyed at fighting Earth Eater so many times. SO. MANY. TIMES.

So gently caress it, I'll stay at 9.999 hp. I filled the sphere grid with Magic Defense now. That fucker only takes two normal hits, AND I make a ton of money. Looking forward to fighting Penance now. :shepicide:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Torquemadras posted:

Okay, that's it, I'm giving up. Originally, I wanted to get the "Fill the entire sphere grid" trophy with HP Spheres, so that I could have 99.999 hp.

Turns out, that'd be over 300 HP Spheres, so roundabout >150 Ironclad fights, not counting those where he drops Dark Matter instead. The fastest Ironcload method I ever got was Frag Grenade -> Attack Reels -> Entrust to Wakka -> Attack Reels again, and then killing a Dingo to fill up Overdrive again. It was maddening. I didn't get even half as annoyed at fighting Earth Eater so many times. SO. MANY. TIMES.

So gently caress it, I'll stay at 9.999 hp. I filled the sphere grid with Magic Defense now. That fucker only takes two normal hits, AND I make a ton of money. Looking forward to fighting Penance now. :shepicide:

99,999 hp isn't really all that it is hyped up to be anyways so don't sweat it.

Technomancer
May 7, 2007
For all your technomagical needs

Xavier434 posted:

99,999 hp isn't really all that it is hyped up to be anyways so don't sweat it.

Not only that, but you also have to farm for Dark Matters to get the "Break HP Limit" ability. 60 per armor, it's a rare drop from all special arena monsters, and is only given one (or two for overkill) at a time. What a waste of time.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I got stomped by the tree/soulcage thing

i didn't even think to try using a phoenix down on it like all of the enemies in the area :negative:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Torquemadras posted:

Penance doesn't require more than 9999 HP.

Here's the short version: Use Rikku and any two of Tidus, Wakka, Kimarhi and Auron (IE, people with Counter). Deck everyone out with Defense +20%, Auto Potion, Auto Protect, and Auto Haste. Have max Strength, Defense, Agility, and Accuracy, and a good chunk of Luck (say, 150). Buy 99 potions.

Start by immediately murdering both arms. Once both arms are dead, bust out a Trio of 9999 and quick-pocket a Mega Potion. You'll now heal for 9999 after any attack.Then, during the first phase, use Cheer 5 times. Also, use a Three Stars. Murder the arms when they appear, when they're gone, hit Penance.

At the start of the second phase, have someone use a Purifying Salt on Penance to dispel his Haste. Thereafter, keep on murdering the arms as a priority but always make sure to Dispel anyone who gets hit with Immolation. For best effect, try to kill the arms just before they get a turn, to maximise the amount of time you have to attack Penance. You should fall into a cycle of actions eventually. It takes a while because you'll only get a few actions each cycle to damage Penance, although Immolation is counterable so that might help a bit as well.

The only thing that can go wrong is if you forget to Dispel someone, at which point they'll die to the next Immolation, and you won't be able to set them up with all the buffs while also taking care of the arms. It's also possible to get careless with the arms and let Penance get a Judgement Day off, but as long as you stick to the repeating cycle you should be fine.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Re: FFX, you can also miss 4 Al Bhed primers. 3 in Home, 1 in Bevelle. Although it would be really hard to miss the Bevelle one.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Pneub posted:

I know, I said it's not actually good. It's just nowhere near as bad or difficult as people are letting on.

Yes it is at least as bad as people are letting on. FF2 was a massive clusterfuck but the remakes tried to fix it and reduced the horrific grind*, while FF3's remake is a massive pile of poo poo that is worse than the original.

*for HP. NES had a skill bug that let you powerlevel gear/magic levels rapidly.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The more I play FF7, the more I wish that they hadn't made any spinoffs. The original game has pretty great characters, which a non-depressed Cloud for the most part. Of course, no one seems to remember that character any more due to the spinoffs and sequel.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr E posted:

The more I play FF7, the more I wish that they hadn't made any spinoffs. The original game has pretty great characters, which a non-depressed Cloud for the most part. Of course, no one seems to remember that character any more due to the spinoffs and sequel.

The spinoffs are why I have no faith in the company to competently remake the game. Leave it alone and just recommend the PSX game to those curious, warts and all.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yes it is at least as bad as people are letting on. FF2 was a massive clusterfuck but the remakes tried to fix it and reduced the horrific grind*, while FF3's remake is a massive pile of poo poo that is worse than the original.

Here's someone who knows their Final Fantasy!

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Mr E posted:

The didn't remember it back in the day either. I was a teenager when it originally hit, and it was pretty popular amongst the people I hung out with then, a lot of them girls who got super obsessed with Cloud, Zack, and Sephiroth. I also spent a loooot of time looking up stuff online. Broody Cloud has been around in fans' heads since day 1.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

The spinoffs are why I have no faith in the company to competently remake the game. Leave it alone and just recommend the PSX game to those curious, warts and all.

I'm playing the PC version, and with the opengl renderer and PSX music, and it's about as close to an "HD remake" I'd want for the game, and there's a decent re translation evidently now.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Mr E posted:

I'm playing the PC version, and with the opengl renderer and PSX music, and it's about as close to an "HD remake" I'd want for the game, and there's a decent re translation evidently now.

You can try mod it to be pretty looking but, when I gave it a try it got exceedingly complicated very quickly and made a 2gb game much bigger. Hell square could make dlc for hd character models, I'm guess ing the game for the game is long gone though which is why remaking it would be such a pain.

In my ff7 quest. Fought the snake but died, caught a chocobo went to opposite side of the marsh, realised I should buy some potions. Accidentally pressed cancel and chocobo ran off. Tried to cross marsh on foot. Snake caught me, proceeded to eat cloud, Riga and redXIII. 1 hour of gameplay lost :v:. Haven't played since Tuesday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
With e3 looming around the corner, Square-Enix will once again be hosting their coverage through the Square Enix Presents youtube channel. I was wondering what all of you were expecting out of SE at e3. Other than potential disappointment.

I have a good feeling that it will be a repeat of e3 2012 is that it will be mostly an Eidos showing. The development cycles are lining up well for Eidos and sister studios like United Front. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see something about FFXIV: ARR since it was said to be a major focus during this year.