Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Das Boo posted:

For the record, I thought the design of Russel in Up was charming, but his face certainly didn't communicate main character qualities.

Well, he wasn't the main character, was he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Finally the movie where the stay puft marshmallow man becomes a superhero!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I seriously think the people driving Dreamworks are idiots. They release a short for Home that just confuses people. Now they push Home from 2014 to 2015. I think the latter was a good decision but it just makes their previous decision look even more stupid.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

DoctorWhat posted:

Well, he wasn't the main character, was he?

That was my point? :confused:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Das Boo posted:

That was my point? :confused:

Tone on the internet can be difficult to discern. I'm glad we're on the same page.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
That trailer wasn't very funny.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Hiro looks like a cross between Hiccup from HTTDY and Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Watched the Big Hero 6 trailer, laughed at the end. Looks like a cute movie.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
My dad and stepmum hadn't seen the Lego Movie yet, so we watched it last night, and it's definitely easier to follow the second time round (I wasn't quite prepared for how fast-paced it is the first time I saw it). My stepmum loves Lego and she kept saying it made her want to get her sets down from the loft, and while the two of them enjoyed it, it was apparently too weird for them.

To which I would say fair enough, if it weren't for the fact they watched that new CGI Tarzan movie a few days prior and thought it was really good. I only caught half of it, but the dialogue was awkward and there was very little facial animation, which just looked really out of place with the motion capture. Honestly it made me think of Foodfight at times, though not quite to the same extent (even if there was a part where Tarzan was yelling in desperation and was supposed to be dramatic, but it was just unintentionally funny instead because there was barely any expression on his face). The animation that wasn't done with it was pretty janky and awkward, but my dad and stepmum kept going on about how amazing and real everything looked. :shrug:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
oops.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 24, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh wow, Big Hero 6 looks amazing. If the rest of the film is as funny as the trailer it's going to be great . Was a bit disappointed when the stomach plate didn't go flying off when he crammed that belly in there. But then he flexed and everything was good again. That robot was wonderful and I want him. :3:

Also, I finally got round to watching How to Train Your Dragon. :swoon: Perfect example to me of why it's sometimes good for a film adaptation of a book to go almost entirely its own way. Really don't see the book making as good a film. It's a great book, but really wouldn't translate well if it was just thrown on to the screen. Also it's funny to me that Toothless in the film is a super special snowflake dragon whereas book Toothless is notable only for being The World's Shittest Dragon. Film Toothless was wonderful and I want him :3:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Holy poo poo you guys, out of all the animation projects this world is bringing forth, who knew that Salma Hayek (yes the actress) would produce one I'm super excited about?!

Khalil Gibrans 'The Prophet'

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
Anyone still interested in the Legends of Oz trainwreck, they've just announced a fun new contest!

quote:

Submit a video that brings The Legends of Oz animated movie to real life.

This could be:
  • A re-enactment of a scene/moment from the movie
  • Singing a song from the movie
  • Performing a group "Lip Dub" from one of the movie's songs
  • A review of your favorite part of the film (NOTE: Purchase not necessary)
  • Anything else that you can think of that is a creative video that is specific to Legends of Oz

Hey kids! Re-enact the scene where Dorothy accuses Martin Short's character of scamming her family out of everything they own!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can I re-enact the scene where I scam an old man who doesn't know any better out of a minimum of $100K?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

When do I get my $1000 amazon gift card?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11KGWuAOCPo

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Jay Dub posted:

Anyone still interested in the Legends of Oz trainwreck, they've just announced a fun new contest!

Hey kids! Re-enact the scene where Dorothy accuses Martin Short's character of scamming her family out of everything they own!

Legend of Oz is only getting better because of stupid poo poo like this.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Waffleman_ posted:

Can I re-enact the scene where I scam an old man who doesn't know any better out of a minimum of $100K?

The only film projects that will take anyone as an investor is one that is always doomed to fail. They will allow investors to share/split the risk but never to profit. That film was doomed since the beginning.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
A cute short: http://vimeo.com/94502406

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

When do I get my $1000 amazon gift card?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11KGWuAOCPo

amazing, 10/10, well done sir. this better go viral

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Jay Dub posted:

I always said the best time to market a movie is after it leaves theaters, but long before it hits home video.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

You guys might appreciate some of the artistic muscles being stretched over in The Football Farthouse. (Linked to relevant page.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Book of Life trailer is out!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well that looks wonderful

edit: The reviews are coming in already and they don't sound promising:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

That sounds promising to me!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I'm all for anything that makes idiots on the Internet say undeniably racist things.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hey, a true "KingdomHeartsFan" cannot bear a mixing of cultures :colbert:.

Mulgar
Dec 8, 2013

Pick posted:

Hey, a true "KingdomHeartsFan" cannot bear a mixing of cultures :colbert:.

Unless, of course, it's Japan and America.
Scratch that, Japan and any other culture :anime: That never offends anyone!

As for the trailer itself: I'm in love with this wooden toy aesthetic. It's a shame the plot seems so generic but the visuals more than make up for it. Hopefully I can see it in my area when this comes out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm all for anything that makes idiots on the Internet say undeniably racist things.

Is there anything on the internet that won't make at least one person say something that is racist as poo poo?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I want to say kittens, but I fear I will be proven horribly wrong.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Anyone familiar with the Nicktoon El Tigre? It was the writer/director's previous 'passion project,' but I'm not very familiar with it. Was it as bad as Mucha Lucha?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You take that back, Mucha Lucha was great. :colbert:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

my cat is norris posted:

You guys might appreciate some of the artistic muscles being stretched over in The Football Farthouse. (Linked to relevant page.)

This is so goddamn good, I'm crying.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vargo posted:

This is so goddamn good, I'm crying.

I'm sorry my photochop skills aren't better :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The style of The Book of Life is just so good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mucha Lucha was good but El Tigre loving ruled. Looking forward to this.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Babe Magnet posted:

Mucha Lucha was good

...NO.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Wasn't it Disney or Pixar that planned Día de Muertos movie some time ago?

I love the style, but the trailer doesn't inspire much hope in it, easy gags and bland story.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
To be honest, I just watched the trailer without the audio and it really calls to attention how much of the most awkward looking moments are the result of the slapdash editing. Though on the other hand, that may not really mean anything; in either case though I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fatherboxx posted:

Wasn't it Disney or Pixar that planned Día de Muertos movie some time ago?

I love the style, but the trailer doesn't inspire much hope in it, easy gags and bland story.

Pixar was, which made me surprised to see this, because I hadn't heard of this one previously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Pick posted:

Pixar was, which made me surprised to see this, because I hadn't heard of this one previously.

This one has been planned for ages but as far as I know the Pixar/Disney one is still in production as well.

• Locked thread