Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Gregory Edward Schiano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Have to go with The Factory of Sadness, because Cleveland has lost enough and they deserve a win.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm going with the Factory of Sadness, because the Browns have been hosed up since returning to Cleveland, and Schiano is a successful college coach who failed to make the leap to the NFL (when asked about that, Schiano replied "we are legion"). Record has to count for something.

Also, how do you let Brian Hoyer get his loving knees destroyed? He's the best QB in that building in 20 god drat years, and you take stupid risks with his legs?

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Factory of Sadness because gently caress the Haslams.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Factory of Sadness. Schiano at least treated Eric LeGrand with some respect. Mike Lombardi is such a petty manchild that he regularly uses the media for character assassination stuff, including on Al Davis. Hint for Lombardi: Crazy Al was ten times the man and GM you could ever hope to be, even at his insane JaMarcus drafting peak.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Greg Schiano.

He sounds like every little poo poo I've ever known who had a Napoleon complex.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Greg Schiano put together one of the best one-year douche resumes I've ever seen without resorting to the easy stuff like rape or murder. The browns FO is more incompetent than douchey, plus I'm not a fan of combining votes for 3 people to go against one

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Factory of Sadness because while Schiano is quite clearly a douche, Tampa still has a chance to be a decent team next year. The Browns? No shot.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Factory of Sadness

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Factory of Sadness chastised Cleveland Browns fans for being negative about having their 4th coaching staff in 4 years, while comparing themselves to the Steelers and Packers despite having done nothing to deserve to even be in the same league as them.

gently caress them all.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Greg Schiano, because of how many times in a single year he did something that would have earned him a spot in the tournament on its own, without even considering the complete body of work. The factory of sadness just can't compare (except in incompetence).

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Greg Schiano, because he seems like a pure, distilled douche, whereas the Factory of Sadness feels like a stale, watered-down, knock-off douche. Both are still douches, but one is clearly inferior.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Douche4Sale posted:

Greg Schiano, because he seems like a pure, distilled douche, whereas the Factory of Sadness feels like a stale, watered-down, knock-off douche. Both are still douches, but one is clearly inferior.

I think Douche4Sale should automatically have all of his votes count double.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Remember that The Factory of Sadness had an MRSA outbreak a couple of years ago as well, which means there's no drat reason that Tampa shouldn't be taking the proper precautions at this point, unless Schiano Men are above such petty things as diseases. Greg Schiano has no time for modern medicine and neither should you, pussy.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Always go with a Schiano Man. :911:

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Leperflesh posted:

I don't know about double, but maybe +1 per vote.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
loving Christ people, Greg Schiano. The Factory of Sadness may indeed be douches, but their biggest crime seems to be saddling their fan base with a couple decades of lousy football. That doesn't cut it in this tournament.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

This is the toughest vote for me so far, but I gotta roll with Greg Schiano. He pulled off a staggering amount of douche by himself and didn't require the activation of some kind of Wonder Twin douche powers. Also, that 'diving the victory formation' thing really ticked me off, and I generally don't like feeling emotions anymore when it comes to football outside of laughing at absurdity.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

C. Everett Koop posted:

Remember that The Factory of Sadness had an MRSA outbreak a couple of years ago as well...
Oh I remember this well cause Joe Jurevicious left the Seahawks for the browns right after the 06 superbowl run, got the MRSA in 08 and never played again. I don't follow the browns at all but was The Factory of Sadness fully installed at that point?

edit: Yeah, The Factory of Sadness comprised of Lombardi/Banner wasn't there then... That was a whole other Factory of Not-Disinfecting-Things. :v:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 31, 2014

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Leperflesh posted:

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

I don't know about double, but maybe +1 per vote.

Haha, well clearly I can spot a Grade A DoucheTM as a reputable purveyor in vaginal irrigation implements.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hepcat posted:

loving Christ people, Greg Schiano. The Factory of Sadness may indeed be douches, but their biggest crime seems to be saddling their fan base with a couple decades of lousy football. That doesn't cut it in this tournament.

This is selling Lombardi and Banner (who are actually the contestants) quite a bit short. And I guess I'll vote for them because this doesn't deserve to be a blowout, although Schiano will be a fine douche winner.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Abstain

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Grittybeard posted:

This is selling Lombardi and Banner (who are actually the contestants) quite a bit short. And I guess I'll vote for them because this doesn't deserve to be a blowout, although Schiano will be a fine douche winner.

This man has the right idea and I vote with him. Greg was the coach of the Bucs for two years, AND HE WAS STILL BETTER THEN RADIO!!! gently caress HIM FOREVER!!! but the Factory of Sadness deserves the win here.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Greg Schiano for the MRSA, intentionally ruining Josh Freeman's career, and banning underprivileged kids from watching practices.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I feel like putting Banner and Lombardi under the heading The Factory of Sadness diminishes their overall douchiness, but even with their twin powers activated, they cannot compete with Greg Schiano

Also, my nomination for him was quoted, so I have to back my horse.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

For this vote, I'll note the unstated purpose of the Douche of the Year tournament- to provide a catharthis for football fans by serving Internet Justice over persons involved with football who have done things that are purely negative to the sport and its perception.

Mike Lombardi and Joe Banner are dumb idiots, but they're also fired idiots. They will not be hanging around football in its dark corners, infecting their horrible opinions MRSA-like onto unsuspecting fanbases.

Compare this to Schiano- his name rings out amongst football bloggers as the figurehead to guide their college team to the gloryland. Hes already done stints as an Ohio St. football defensive guru and has been rumored to be close to joining the Patriot's staff. He was nearly hired to be the HC by the Factory of Sadness, a move so dumb that it caused Joe and Mike to be unceremoniously dumped!

Schiano's past sins are well-documented. His future sins are full of promise.

Death to the Enemies of Greg Schiano

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Lombardi is already on the Pats staff.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Gerund posted:

For this vote, I'll note the unstated purpose of the Douche of the Year tournament- to provide a catharthis for football fans by serving Internet Justice over persons involved with football who have done things that are purely negative to the sport and its perception.

The other purpose is that it is fun to see how many different words I can combine with douche.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Grittybeard posted:

Lombardi is already on the Pats staff.

He has yet to officially join the staff, he just has been spending time sitting in the same seat as an assistant director of college scouting would sit while he gets paid the rest of his contract from the Bucs.

COLOSSAL douche.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Oh snap this is back.

Greg Schiano

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

*gets out Canadian $2 coin that he uses for coin flips as a rugby referee*

*it comes out heads*

*means he has to vote Greg Schiano strictly because he was the higher seed, and as such he got to be heads*

Seriously, that's what kind of a decision this was.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Troy Queef posted:

*gets out Canadian $2 coin that he uses for coin flips as a rugby referee*

*it comes out heads*

*means he has to vote Greg Schiano strictly because he was the higher seed, and as such he got to be heads*

Seriously, that's what kind of a decision this was.

Good thinkin', gonna do a variation on this. Alrighty, so:

HEADS = Greg Schiano
TAILS = Greg Schiano
TABLE/CHAIR INTERFERENCE = Greg Schiano
HIGHLY IMPROBABLE SIDE-EDGE LANDING = Factory of Sadness

Okay here we go...!

...all I got is bills.

Greg Schiano

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Schiano

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The whole Browns scenario just reeks of incompetence, whereas Gregory Schiano is a superdouche.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Schiano and it's not close.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Greg Schiano is a Douche.

The Browns front office is a debacle.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Those of you saying it isn't even close really need to read the last ten pages of the Factory of Sadness thread again. I agree that Schiano deserves this, but you are seriously underselling how douchy Banner and Lombardi were in the end. That poo poo was a disaster.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Schiano

Leperflesh posted:

I actually think this is worse. I don't know how exactly scouts work, like if working from home fulltime could be a problem, but I know it's fairly common across many industries for some managers to prefer not to let workers work from home. Although the fact he was doing it so he could care for his sick wife means they should have made reasonable accommodations under the ADA.

But specifically excluding Cystic Fibrosis medications from their health plan is hosed up poo poo. That's basically telling their one employee whose insurance is covering his sick wife that you hate him. It's even worse because COBRA lets you keep your existing health care plan when you lose your job (by paying the same premiums your employer was paying, so it's not always easy or worthwhile to do COBRA), but by yanking the CF meds from the plan, and then laying him off, they're ensuring he can't even pay out of his own pocket to get his wife's meds covered.

That's just evil.

Holy poo poo.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Sataere posted:

Those of you saying it isn't even close really need to read the last ten pages of the Factory of Sadness thread again. I agree that Schiano deserves this, but you are seriously underselling how douchy Banner and Lombardi were in the end. That poo poo was a disaster.

The Factory is awful but Schiano is more than likely going to be going against Incognito for the title, or at least get to the final 4. Even if the factory has been douching it up for a while, Schiano is Douche Incarnate.

vv very true

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

The Factory is awful but Schiano is more than likely going to be going against Incognito for the title, or at least get to the final 4. Even if the factory has been douching it up for a while, Schiano is Douche Incarnate.

I know it's a little far off yet, but Incognito is going to have a tough time getting past Ray "spousal abuse" Rice.

• Locked thread