Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

Neurolimal posted:

Alright, just started as Neurolii, wasted all my starting cash in a desperate attempt to get one of my fave suits from SDGO (Custom Efreet), got a Zaku Tank instead (i think) which is apparently good according to the OP. How long do I need to play before I can click the atom icon and join fellow goondams?

There is no restriction to joining the guild right away after making a character. The sooner the better, as part of the guild you get more GP from clan challenges/rankings as well as customization bonuses. Send in your guild-application ASAP, I'll get you in.

OP is a little outdated, best cheap suit right now imo is the Zaku marine. Guided missiles(Strong harassment), powerful bazooka F(Big in current meta), and can wield a shotgun(Very strong in current meta). Stats are pretty modest(Well, mobility is quite a bit better than the zaku tank) but it's a rather cheap and effective suit.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Alright, just started as Neurolii, wasted all my starting cash in a desperate attempt to get one of my fave suits from SDGO (Custom Efreet), got a Zaku Tank instead (i think) which is apparently good according to the OP. How long do I need to play before I can click the atom icon and join fellow goondams?

Kacho will take care of you. The Zaku tank is good because of what it does. If you got the Efreet, you'd have to hope for a good trait and then money to upgrade it to be on par with other suits. I hope you get it though. Talk to Kacho for tips on how to build it. He's like a tech rep from Zimmand.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I'm finally not completely entirely broke so I'm gonna find a new vpn and get back in on some gundams.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

I'm finally not completely entirely broke so I'm gonna find a new vpn and get back in on some gundams.

Nice to see an old player returning. If you haven't played since the UC 0080 update, you should have DX tickets waiting in the mail! I recommend using them on the Kampfer DX, the suit is amazing.

As for the VPN, Consider Mudfish. It's really cheap. It's pay as you go as well, so no pressure to get the most of your timed subscription from WTFast. I've spent 5 bucks on it 5 months ago and still have 4 dollars of credit left. Be aware that only two Tokyo VPN servers on it work with Gundam, Linode and Softbank. They don't have the lowest possible ping you could get from a Tokyo VPN, about +20-30 ping compared to WTFast.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 17, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
woa bandai just hit me with everything at once?

05/16/2014 POS PURCHASE DDA SIGNATU BANDAI NAMCO I TOKYO JP (106.60)
05/16/2014 POS PURCHASE DDA SIGNATU BANDAI NAMCO I TOKYO JP (31.98)
05/16/2014 POS PURCHASE DDA SIGNATU BANDAI NAMCO I TOKYO JP (10.66)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zeirnaton posted:

woa bandai just hit me with everything at once?

05/16/2014 POS PURCHASE DDA SIGNATU BANDAI NAMCO I TOKYO JP (10.66)

Yeah sometimes they wait till the next month to drop poo poo on you at once. It sucks rear end, hope it didn't overdraw your account.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Yeah sometimes they wait till the next month to drop poo poo on you at once. It sucks rear end, hope it didn't overdraw your account.

And it's not just them. There's a phone company over there that does dumb poo poo like that.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Dang I don't know if lock-on sucks or if I suck. I can't seem to hit anything even when I'm right behind my target.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Dang I don't know if lock-on sucks or if I suck. I can't seem to hit anything even when I'm right behind my target.

Within 400m or so, I'd say 800+ lock is reliable. You may have to adjust the lead on the lock slightly at the edge of that. Beyond that, you're better off free-aiming.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Within 400m or so, I'd say 800+ lock is reliable. You may have to adjust the lead on the lock slightly at the edge of that. Beyond that, you're better off free-aiming.

Took your advice and it helped. Oh, I got a Gelgoog Jager, Assault Act Zaku and an Efreet (silver). Got any thoughts/advice on the three? I already built the Jager with the auto long rifle and it's easy to use while I crouch. I saw a group of guys just slaughtering people with the Efreet. I'm assuming they have the DII heat saber because guys were getting knocked down. It looks pretty impressive. I haven't seen anyone using the Assault Act Zaku. Is there any reason why?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Took your advice and it helped. Oh, I got a Gelgoog Jager, Assault Act Zaku and an Efreet (silver). Got any thoughts/advice on the three? I already built the Jager with the auto long rifle and it's easy to use while I crouch. I saw a group of guys just slaughtering people with the Efreet. I'm assuming they have the DII heat saber because guys were getting knocked down. It looks pretty impressive. I haven't seen anyone using the Assault Act Zaku. Is there any reason why?

Gelgoog J is really good in sniper duels because it can have enough armour(Need at least 1761) to not get 1 shotted by Charged Sniper F. You don't instantly lose if you get hit by this(Unless it was a back/headshot), so you have a chance to fall back and keep your kill streak. You might think that the size of the suit makes it worse for sniper duels, but the armor makes up for it. Beam Machinegun F full auto has similar power to Beam Rifle FAF, but has very low base range(840, as opposed to type N's 960), same rate of fire as type N. You're ranged traited however so this is a very strong option. If you have a knack for making this work in the mid-short range, then keep using it.

Yup. Only DII heat sword with Efreet has a two-stage boost attack. Most of those guys pack a shotgun as a sidearm as well, to knockdown people that jump away from them. Unfortunately, silver Efreet doesn't pack the DII sword.

Assault Act Zaku had it's time before the Kampfer came out, stat-wise it's similar to the high mobility-spec Gelgoog. It has less armor but it's a smaller target than a Gelgoog so it has an easier time dodging. Gold Assault Act Zaku has access to charged beam rifles, which has potential to knockdown aerial targets. You can arm it a lot of ways depending on trait. Some popular builds:

Ranged/Quick Reload Trait
Beam rifle FAF/Empty/Bullpup/Shield
No bazooka F, but this puts very heavy ranged pressure on your target. Quite good balance, since you discard a weapon.

Bullpup F/Axe D/Bazooka F/Shield
More conventional and light, bullpup F's DPS is comparable to high end beam rifles.

Gold Beam Shooter
Charged Beam Rifle F/Axe D/Bullpup/No Shield
You can't charge a beam rifle while blocking, so the shield is discarded here. Plays similar to the Heavy Act Zaku's charged beam game(Score knockdown/Stagger then boost axe them), except you have better speed and melee in exchange for less armour.

Silver Beam Shooter
Beam Rifle FAF/Nothing/Bazooka F/No Shield
Popular in the meta because of shotguns. High balance, immune to shotgun knockdowns that are not type F. This is effectively the spec you see ProtoGundams/Alex use. If you aren't beam shooter replace the beam rifle for a bullpup and get even better balance.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Nice to see an old player returning. If you haven't played since the UC 0080 update, you should have DX tickets waiting in the mail! I recommend using them on the Kampfer DX, the suit is amazing.

As for the VPN, Consider Mudfish. It's really cheap. It's pay as you go as well, so no pressure to get the most of your timed subscription from WTFast. I've spent 5 bucks on it 5 months ago and still have 4 dollars of credit left. Be aware that only two Tokyo VPN servers on it work with Gundam, Linode and Softbank. They don't have the lowest possible ping you could get from a Tokyo VPN, about +20-30 ping compared to WTFast.

I might keep using WTFast just because mudfish doesn't accept anything but paypal and bitcoin both of which are complete poo poo.

I just got so much money and xp from my login rewards that the game crashed.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 18, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Gelgoog J is really good in sniper duels because it can have enough armour(Need at least 1761) to not get 1 shotted by Charged Sniper F. You don't instantly lose if you get hit by this(Unless it was a back/headshot), so you have a chance to fall back and keep your kill streak. You might think that the size of the suit makes it worse for sniper duels, but the armor makes up for it. Beam Machinegun F full auto has similar power to Beam Rifle FAF, but has very low base range(840, as opposed to type N's 960), same rate of fire as type N. You're ranged traited however so this is a very strong option. If you have a knack for making this work in the mid-short range, then keep using it.

Yup. Only DII heat sword with Efreet has a two-stage boost attack. Most of those guys pack a shotgun as a sidearm as well, to knockdown people that jump away from them. Unfortunately, silver Efreet doesn't pack the DII sword.

Assault Act Zaku had it's time before the Kampfer came out, stat-wise it's similar to the high mobility-spec Gelgoog. It has less armor but it's a smaller target than a Gelgoog so it has an easier time dodging. Gold Assault Act Zaku has access to charged beam rifles, which has potential to knockdown aerial targets. You can arm it a lot of ways depending on trait. Some popular builds:

Ranged/Quick Reload Trait
Beam rifle FAF/Empty/Bullpup/Shield
No bazooka F, but this puts very heavy ranged pressure on your target. Quite good balance, since you discard a weapon.

Bullpup F/Axe D/Bazooka F/Shield
More conventional and light, bullpup F's DPS is comparable to high end beam rifles.

Gold Beam Shooter
Charged Beam Rifle F/Axe D/Bullpup/No Shield
You can't charge a beam rifle while blocking, so the shield is discarded here. Plays similar to the Heavy Act Zaku's charged beam game(Score knockdown/Stagger then boost axe them), except you have better speed and melee in exchange for less armour.

Silver Beam Shooter
Beam Rifle FAF/Nothing/Bazooka F/No Shield
Popular in the meta because of shotguns. High balance, immune to shotgun knockdowns that are not type F. This is effectively the spec you see ProtoGundams/Alex use. If you aren't beam shooter replace the beam rifle for a bullpup and get even better balance.

Thanks for the info, Kacho. I'm gonna keep the Act Zaku as a blueprint for now. I have a short temper and the server latency makes that fuse o' mine even shorter. I'll be back tonight to play more.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I built my Act Zaku and it got the Range Correction trait. Not exactly what I wanted but it does alright with my heavy Act Zaku. I'll go with the first loadout you suggested, Kacho. I may end up liking this suit.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So are any of the play bonus ticket suits worth getting? I've almost got 30 tickets but with kampfer in the dx those 15 point dx tickets are looking pretty good. Though getting Char's custom Zaku or Raiden special gelgoog look decent.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

So are any of the play bonus ticket suits worth getting? I've almost got 30 tickets but with kampfer in the dx those 15 point dx tickets are looking pretty good. Though getting Char's custom Zaku or Raiden special gelgoog look decent.

Your intuition is good, those two suits are strong. However the kampfer is easily our best suit. I highly recommend trying your luck to pick one up.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I think I need to start playing again, when's a good time to hop on and play with goons?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

I think I need to start playing again, when's a good time to hop on and play with goons?

Heh you've been missed Dozer. Tonight is a bad time, there will be an 8 hour maintenance in like 2 hours. They gave out a LOT of free stuff recently though, so you might want to hop on just to collect all of it.

As for me school work is picking up again, so I usually marathon-play on Fridays and the weekend around 7:00 PST, sometimes earlier. Wednesday nights around 7:00 PST are usually coop night, though I don't stick around to play too much after.

Typically I just gather a group ad-hoc style through steam, if we have open spots I fill it with pubbies.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 21, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

I might keep using WTFast just because mudfish doesn't accept anything but paypal and bitcoin both of which are complete poo poo.

I just got so much money and xp from my login rewards that the game crashed.

The good thing about mudfish though is i haven't had to pay for a VPN in almost a year after spending $5.

As far as playing goes it seems either morning or evenings are best. I'm going full poop sock this week so I'll be on a lot.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Free Triangle posted:

Heh you've been missed Dozer. Tonight is a bad time, there will be an 8 hour maintenance in like 2 hours. They gave out a LOT of free stuff recently though, so you might want to hop on just to collect all of it.

As for me school work is picking up again, so I usually marathon-play on Fridays and the weekend around 7:00 PST, sometimes earlier. Wednesday nights around 7:00 PST are usually coop night, though I don't stick around to play too much after.

Typically I just gather a group ad-hoc style through steam, if we have open spots I fill it with pubbies.

Sounds good, you got my steam hit me up.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Guild is now level 6, which emblem do you want and why?

Choose 1 from these two.

Then Choose 1 from these two.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Double red hearts it's the only way.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Double red hearts it's the only way.

We are Kings of Hearts now. Also I was talking about this module on your shelling units:

Tab 2, Page 4, last item.

Note the green marker on the map, it shows you where your explosives will land. That's how people snipe with shelling units. You can press M and work with the full map or just peek at the map in the corner.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Is it just the red square or does it show the pinpoint? I can judge pretty well normally so if it's not spot on I don't see it as worth it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I can't login and no error messages are coming up. Is anyone else having any issues?

E: Game is working looks like they had an emergency patch

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 23, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Is it just the red square or does it show the pinpoint? I can judge pretty well normally so if it's not spot on I don't see it as worth it.
The green square always previews exactly where your next explosive shot will land on the map.

It's nice to have if you're making long shots, so that you don't have to make your first shot a calibrating shot/hard read.

Otherwise, yeah, the green square doesn't have much application at short ranges.

Also, new balance changes next week's patch:

GM Light Armour and ALL Dom variants get increased load capacity
Shield Buff: On a successful guard, stagger/falling resistance is doubled, EXCEPT vs melee weapons. Blocking shotguns/rockets with a shield is more viable now.

New event next week's patch as well, you can get items that will sell for good GP, from 10,000GP to 50,000GP. Very nice, especially if you are starting out.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

Shield Buff: On a successful guard, stagger/falling resistance is doubled, EXCEPT vs melee weapons. Blocking shotguns/rockets with a shield is more viable now.

gently caress YES~! I may even start using that module so my shield can't be destroyed

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
I can't get WTFast to work. Does anyone have a more detailed walk through then the OP?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I can't get WTFast to work. Does anyone have a more detailed walk through then the OP?

What part is not working?

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Two Feet From Bread posted:

wtfast stopped working for me a few weeks ago aswell jp 1 & 2 were the only 2 servers that worked and jp 3 wouldn't work for msgo at all when I said that wtfast stopped working for me I mean it stopped working in all entirety I couldn't login at all any more so I switched to mudfish since its soooooooo much more cheaper and IMHO I haven't noticed a difference in performance between then two

the config I used was

after that use a shortcut to launch the game directly

the target path for me is F:\BNO\GundamOnline\GundamOnline.exe ./data

if you've successfully set it up and its still not working there is a chance that the launcher isn't letting u patch the game so u'll need to config wtfast temporarily to work the with MSGO patcher. if you have the money to pay for wtfast I would greatly advise you to switch to mudfish its much simpilier and ridiculously cheaper and theres no need to do over half the stuff I'm telling you to get the game to work

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 26, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
BONUS GP EVENT IS LIVE!

You can get these from the end of battles.

Sell values:
Box of Gold = 10,000 GP
Haro/Vase = 30,000 GP
Project V Print/Ghiren's Bust = 50,000 GP

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I've always liked this event.

New metagame after a long break is dunking all over me. I must have dropped an average of 100 points a game. Gotta relearn this game!

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

I've always liked this event.

New metagame after a long break is dunking all over me. I must have dropped an average of 100 points a game. Gotta relearn this game!

Yeah, used to be simply bazookas were king. Now shotguns and melee are nuts. Sturm fausts are widespread between each side too, it's easier than ever to be instantly killed, doesn't really matter which side you're on.

E: UHH DID THEY MESS WITH THE PAYOUTS? I'm getting much more GP/Master/DX than I was expecting, lots of duplicate messages... not complaining here! :v:

E2: I am so glad I farmed the hell out of this! 30+DX tickets, 6 master tickets, not bad at all!

E3: Dom Tropen OLD Max load capacity: 1819

ALL Doms got at least +400 load capacity!

New: ~2350

I can't be knocked down by standard Bazookas F's/Type N melee with a fairly offensive dedicated loadout!

E4: Swap Bazooka F for sturm fausts and it's got Alex level's of balance!

vvv: Oh so its not a bug at all, thanks for the correction!

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 28, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Yeah, used to be simply bazookas were king. Now shotguns and melee are nuts. Sturm fausts are widespread between each side too, it's easier than ever to be instantly killed, doesn't really matter which side you're on.

E: UHH DID THEY MESS WITH THE PAYOUTS? I'm getting much more GP/Master/DX than I was expecting, lots of duplicate messages... not complaining here! :v:

E2: I am so glad I farmed the hell out of this! 30+DX tickets, 6 master tickets, not bad at all!

You mean the ultra challenge thing? I read the rules, it said you get a completion for every time you finish a challenge, and they divide the pool by the total number of completions, where you get one divided share per each completition up to the personal max. So yeah, duplicates ahoy.

But yeah the instadeath thing is much more intense now. Even gatling guns will kill me like one second. I always played a slow style with lots of guns and melee along with the bazooka, but I'm basically dropping the guns and melee from now on.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
35 Dx tickets 15 mech tickets from the event.

Used 25 tickets to get a gold kampfer 15 i did as singles then got frustrated and did 10 and got a redbox by luck.

Also got a gold Zock out of it haven't build that yet. But hell yeah 2 gold kampfers the new one is reload trait :( Its my death one now.

E: and a kampfer silver print which i dumped into the bazooka traited one.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 28, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
So I dropped down to silver matchmaking (didn't make the 1600 points with my first couple games... new maps!) and...

Haha I could get used to this. I was like a mecha angel of death raining down dunks. Although at this rate I might get bumped up to gold again soon.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

So I dropped down to silver matchmaking (didn't make the 1600 points with my first couple games... new maps!) and...

Haha I could get used to this. I was like a mecha angel of death raining down dunks. Although at this rate I might get bumped up to gold again soon.

just score under and you're golden if you catch my drift. You just have to throw a few of the rankup games its not too hard. This new system is retardedly easy to abuse.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New Gundam Side-Story suits are coming in June! It's a cross-promotion with the PS3 Game's release.

Gundam Pixie(Fred Wolf's Spec, Assault Mobile Suit)

A Higher cost Pixie(Original is 280 cost), I'm betting this will be an incredibly strong melee oriented suit. Yeah, it looks kinda goofy in those screenshots.

Ifrit Schneid (Heavy Weapons Mobile Suit)

Wasn't expecting this one to be a heavy type. I'll probably pick one up, since I'm a fan of the heavy spec bazookas, looks like it will have a strong melee option too.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 29, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Gundam breaker is pretty rad and I wish msgo had its painting system. Being able to color every bit of every part would be rad as poo poo in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Al Borland posted:

just score under and you're golden if you catch my drift. You just have to throw a few of the rankup games its not too hard. This new system is retardedly easy to abuse.

Eh I ended up back in gold pretty fast, the 20 kill requirement is too easy to hit in silver.

I don't know, this new advancement system seems pretty terrible so far. Making every game about getting points seems unnecessarily stressful for people who care about their ranks, and for everyone else it just means you ping-pong back and forth between ranks quickly since 120 minutes is a pretty tiny sample size where a few bad games can instantly tank your evaluation.

• Locked thread