Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
The Cleveland Browns

- JFF isn't lobotomized by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- JFF does JFF things all season long and fucks with the old white men in the press.
- JFF clowns the league and wins OROTY.
- Josh Gordon plays Wally Bear and the No! Gang and learns to say no to illegal drugs.
- The defense plays up to its top 5 talent.
- WRs as a whole step up.
- Isaiah Crowell turns out to be as talented as he was at Georgia, makes the roster, and becomes a nightmare for defenses.
- Ben Tate and Terrance West turn out as expected.

The Ohio State Buckeyes

- Beat Sparty in East Lansing because gently caress Mark Dantonio and his boring rear end offense.
- Don't loving lose in a hilarious fashion to Navy's bullshit offense.
- Don't loving lose to Rutgers or Maryland.
- Beat the new rape apologist in charge of Penn State football into the turf.
- Braxton Miller stays healthy for the whole season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Goals for the season outside of my team

-Johnny Football getting sacked by three players at once and getting pulled to the ground like a damned soul being pulled into hell

Such goddamned beautiful imagery :allears:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

TheGreyGhost posted:

The Ohio State Buckeyes
- Don't loving lose in a hilarious fashion to Navy's bullshit offense.

Come on, even Buckeyes should be able to appreciate the humor in that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Triple Option Renaissance

End of season top 4 in the NCAA:

#1 Georgia Tech
#2 Navy
#3 Georgia Southern
#4 Army

but Air Force finishes 0-11 because gently caress Air Force

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Nawid posted:

These expectations are hilariously low, like you never expect to actually win.

The Rams have been so terrible to generally mediocre ever since Martz forced Warner off the team. We've had one of the worst winning percentages from about 2006- than any other franchise. Sure, we're not the Lions or the Browns or anything, but a glimmer of hope is really all we can allow ourselves in the face of just being so goddamn bad all the time.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

Come on, even Buckeyes should be able to appreciate the humor in that.

I will never forget the heart attack I had the last time we played them. Giving up two 4th quarter touchdowns while leading to Navy is like impossible. And that's not even factoring in that one of them was a long pass.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

bondster posted:

Arkansas Razorbacks
-Be less of an embarrassment than last year
-Beat Texas A&M
-Beat LSU
-Have a competitive game against Alabama and not lose so badly that Saban calls out his own fans for leaving early.

I'm disappointed that one of these isn't "Fire Bielema". That's my ONLY goal for the Hogs this year.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Denver Broncos

- Manning has a solid season, doesn't need a repeat of last year but puts up enough points to win games.
- Montee Ball holds on to the football and plays well enough to take pressure off of Manning.
- The Broncos defense returns to form with the free agency signings and Von Miller playing a full season.
- A worse offense and better defense leads to a more balanced team overall.
- 12 - 4 Regular Season and a Superbowl appearance to give Manning his last shot before retirement.

Ottawa Redblacks (CFL)

- Try not to die from the embarrassment of being called the RedBlacks.
- Maybe win a game?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Revising my hopes for the Saints:

Win the Super Bowl.

Split Carolina, Sweep Atlanta and TB.

Beat SF in the dome one more time.

With a fully recuperated Victor Butler and Champ Bailey, Rob Ryan produces a top 5 defense.

Top 5 in interceptions.

Jimmy Graham leads TEs in yards and/or TDs.

Brandin Cooks has the best WR rookie season.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste develops into a major contributor.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

TNG posted:

The Rams have been so terrible to generally mediocre ever since Martz forced Warner off the team. We've had one of the worst winning percentages from about 2006- than any other franchise. Sure, we're not the Lions or the Browns or anything, but a glimmer of hope is really all we can allow ourselves in the face of just being so goddamn bad all the time.

The whole Warner being forced off the team is overblown. He was legit bad once he hurt his thumb and Marc Bulger was really good when he took over for him. The bad drafting the Rams had for YEARS is what did them in.

Also my expectations aren't low. The Rams would be improving from ~26th offensively to like 15th and ~15th defensively to top 7. Their schedule is difficult this year, so expecting at least .500 is reasonable.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Your list also implies that Gregg Williams is a good defensive coordinator, and I have bad news about that.

Unless your metric is leading the 'opposing players knees taken out' category, I guess.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grozz Nuy posted:

Your list also implies that Gregg Williams is a good defensive coordinator, and I have bad news about that.

Unless your metric is leading the 'opposing players knees taken out' category, I guess.

He'll certainly be better than Tim Walton.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Another major goal of mine is to make sure Alex Smith holds out and doesn't play.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
University of Kentucky Football

Goals:

1. Find a QB - Since Mike Hartline captained the ship in 2010, UK's QB play has been abysmal. Here are the QB statlines from 2010 forward:

Hartline (2010): 268/405 (66.2%) 3,178 yards (7.18 YPA) 23 TD 9 INT

Newton (2011): 83/174 (47.7%) 793 yards (4.6 YPA) 8 TD 7 INT
Smith (2011): 84/153 (54.9%) 819 yards (5.4 YPA) 4 TD 4 INT

Smith (2012): 103/150 (68.6%) 975 yards (6.5 YPA) 8 TD 4 INT (injured after 3 games, out for the season)
Whitlow (2012): 87/161 (54.0%) 801 yards (5.0 YPA) 3 TD 2 INT
Towles (2012): 19/40 (47.5%) 233 yards (5.8 YPA) 1 TD 1 INT (injured in first game action, unsuccessfully tried to return)
Newton (2012): 10/32 (31.3%) 73 yards (2.3 YPA) 1 TD 3 INT (started against UF despite practicing at TE/H for entire season)

Whitlow (2013): 98/159 (61.6%) 1,035 yards (6.5 YPA) 5 TD 5 INT (injured against 'Bama, came back and played with injury sporadically)
Smith (2013): 105/183 (57.4%) 1,276 yards (7.0 YPA) 9 TD 1 INT (injured his shoulder mid-way through the season, played anyway, had surgery in offseason)

2. Improve at S and CB - UK hasn't had a lockdown corner on the field since Trevard Lindley left after the '09-10 season. UK's defensive backfield produced a single interception last season (Ashley Lowrey against UT). With the addition of JUCO AJ Stamps and other talented freshman, UK may be quite a bit better in the back four this year.

3. Improve the interior of the OL - UK lost an experienced starter at C in Matt Smith and one of the best OGs in the country in Larry Warford. Their replacements were pretty bad this year. At C, a 270lb RSFR played all season. At LG, a revolving door of bodies were all pretty ineffectual. Even experienced RG (formerly RT) Kevin Mitchell didn't play very well. The interior was a sore spot in both pass and run blocking all season long.

Hopes:

1. Win an SEC game - UK hasn't won an SEC game since November 2011 (UT).
2. Win a game against a BCS opponent - See above.
3. Make a bowl game - Definitely a long shot for '14.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
8+ wins, no humiliating/blowout losses, establish a narrative that Texas could be scary again soon, keep building recruiting momentum.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

North Texas MEAN GREEN

Goals:

Crush some scrubs I guess? :shrug:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

JRizzle posted:

He'll certainly be better than Tim Walton.

Why exactly was Tim Walton so highly regarded, anyway? Lions fans weren't all that sorry to see him go.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Why exactly was Tim Walton so highly regarded, anyway? Lions fans weren't all that sorry to see him go.

I don't know if he was highly regarded exactly. He played under Fisher and I think was also one of his position coaches or something while he was with the Titans. Maybe Fisher just hired him to fill the gap until Williams could return, who knows?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The death of Cristian Ponder.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

JRizzle posted:

I don't know if he was highly regarded exactly. He played under Fisher and I think was also one of his position coaches or something while he was with the Titans. Maybe Fisher just hired him to fill the gap until Williams could return, who knows?

It was all pretty vague, but whenever Walton was mentioned the phrase "rising star" was not far behind.

Oodles of Wootles
Nov 8, 2008

safe

TheGreyGhost posted:

The Ohio State Buckeyes

- Beat Sparty in East Lansing because gently caress Mark Dantonio and his boring rear end offense.
We learned it by watching you!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
.500 would be great this year.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Oodles of Wootles posted:

We learned it by watching you!

For the record, I wouldn't wish Jim Bollman on even U of M proper, much less you guys. I still have nightmares about Terelle Pryor in the I-formation.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I would like it if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers made the NFL playoffs.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
This is the thread for ridiculous optimism, correct? If so, the 2014 Michigan Wolverines.

Michigan should win at least ten games next year. At least.

Last year, Michigan did go 7-6. Not a good record, but the more I look at it, the more it seems that came from zero offense after the Michigan State game (which was a combination of Al Borges' non-plan gameplans and an obviously hurt Devin Gardner) and the intangible leadership of Taylor Lewan, Senior Captain. Even then, Michigan should've won four of the six losses.

Those losses were as follows:

- at Penn State, where an idiotic gameplan and a kicking rapist lost a game that Penn State gave to Michigan over and over again.
- Nebraska, where Michigan's gameplan of running it up the middle into a weak line led to -21 total yards rushing still ended with Michigan up with just over two minutes to go.
- at Iowa
- Ohio State, where Michigan basically fought Ohio State to a high-scoring draw, but an injured Gardner caused that conversion call at the very end.

This year, Michigan's schedule is really favorable. 10 wins favorable. Michigan should win ten.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
2014 will be the year of the Jamie Collins own zone

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

My biggest hope for the NFL season is bortles.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

R.D. Mangles posted:

My biggest hope for the NFL season is bortles.
I will never get tired of hearing the word "Bortles".

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Doppelganger posted:

I will never get tired of hearing the word "Bortles".

Thanks to that one aftermath thread last year, I always hear it in the GLaDOS voice.

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
The Buffalo Bills

- I would like to see EJ Manuel's knee remain intact

- Our receivers to hold onto the ball when it lands beautifully into their hands on key possessions (this may already have been achieved)

- To crush The Patriots in Gillette. I'm even ok with them squashing the Bills at home, and Buffalo having a terrible season otherwise, so long as that happens.

- Unrealistic hope; 11-5, and perhaps the division, at the very least a wc spot

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texas State

-Go to a bowl game, and not one of those new bowl games the little five made up to make themselves feel good
-Tyler Jones invited to NYC for Heisman night

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Raiders

8-8

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Fenrir posted:

I'm disappointed that one of these isn't "Fire Bielema". That's my ONLY goal for the Hogs this year.

I think we can all agree Bielema deserves to be the guy that steals Kiffin's title for "most humiliating firing."

Maybe they can leave him in Texas or Mississippi, or he could literally be torn apart by Arkansas fans after losing to UAB.

Alabama
Beat Auburn.
Beat Tennessee BAD and have Kiffin openly smoking a cigar in Neyland.
Find a way to make Muschamp's life even worse.
Have last year's draft picks prove their worth in the NFL, at least all the high profile ones.
Win the SEC Championship, make the playoffs or win a good bowl game.

I don't expect ~undefeated~ or a title with our QB situation and Lane fuckin' Kiffin.

Raku fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 3, 2014

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

No more home losses in the drat playoffs.

But really, minimize injuries. Whatever comes from health is just gravy. I don't care whether or not the Packers win the Super Bowl if they could stay healthy that would be awesome.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

^^^What's a home playoff game?

I hope to have more hope.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I hope the Bengals win a playoff game, I hope the Steelers and Ravens are bad again, and I hope Ben Rothlisberger suffers an injury.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ozu posted:

^^^What's a home playoff game?

A terrible depressing thing where your team goes to die as far as I can tell.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
LSU Tigers
-Beat Alabama. The Alabama game is at home this year so I think we have a good shot.
-Don't lose in some embarrassing fashion to Ole Miss or Arkansas.
-Get better on defense. Last year's defense was frustrating at times. We seemed to get better as the year went on so I'm optimistic.

notaviking
Aug 15, 2011

You can run, but you'll just die tired...
Texas A&M
- No more Aggie contributions to TDC general population
- No injuries all season
- A much, much, much improved defensive showing like only limiting offenses to 200 yards/game
- K. Allen picks up the offense and makes everyone forget about JFF
- All commits sign on national signing day
- Punch LSU in the nutsack for our final game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

dude789 posted:

LSU Tigers
-Beat Alabama. The Alabama game is at home this year so I think we have a good shot.
Isn't that game generally won by the visitors? I mean in the Saban/Miles years at least?

• Locked thread