Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up for NA dudes: Yumi's Odd Odyssey will be going on sale from June 1, $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Black is the best XL because I have one and it matches my black Wii U. Show me a red Wii U and we'll renegotiate

Impossible demand, as if anyone ever bought a Wii U.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Fools! Everyone knows Ice White is the best colour.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Gutcruncher posted:

Show me a red Wii U and we'll renegotiate

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

ceci pas une wii u rouge

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

It must run three times as fast as a normal Wii U :swoon:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You only say that because you don't know the sheer majesty of the Gold XL :smuggo:.

2nding this. Nothing beats the majestic Triforce. :colbert:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Shindragon posted:

2nding this. Nothing beats the majestic Triforce. :colbert:

Except

I own one of each, and I am confident that I have that 3ds swagger down for life.

Games i'm hyped up for this week on the 3DS:

NA: 1001 Spikes
JP: Persona Q

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You only say that because you don't know the sheer majesty of the Gold XL :smuggo:.

Y'all must feel like children when you see real men use the Mario and Luigi Silver XL.

I can't even imagine what it feels like to have a 3DS without a Year of Luigi crest on the back. :smuggo:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
:twisted: gently caress luigi :twisted:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

umalt posted:

Y'all must feel like children when you see real men use the Mario and Luigi Silver XL.

I can't even imagine what it feels like to have a 3DS without a Year of Luigi crest on the back. :smuggo:

I got this to replace my Aqua Blue 3DS. It rules. A constant reminder of the best year. :smuggo:

At least until the Year of Waluigi or the Year of Shyguy

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Waluigi doesn't need a mere year, it's already the Forever of Waluigi.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The poptart XL is the best.

Im a few hours into fire emblem now and after being lord of crits and team carrier, lon'qu's sweet-rear end sword broke, do i get more of those eventually?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Depths posted:

The poptart XL is the best.

Im a few hours into fire emblem now and after being lord of crits and team carrier, lon'qu's sweet-rear end sword broke, do i get more of those eventually?

Yes you can buy more Killing Edges later. You'll be able to get enhanced crit versions of all weapon types too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's not limited to Lon'qu either, anyone that can use swords and has the requisite weapon rank can use them.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I've been playing Kirby Triple Deluxe lately and I have to say it's very charming. It's about as easy as I expected it to be but it doesn't really matter when I mostly bought it just for something cute to look at. I like how every power has about ten moves, even if most are pretty unnecessary. Wing power is still as awful as ever though. Hypernova is fun to use but also fairly frightening when you watch all the adorable creatures struggle against your endless gluttony. Overall pretty fun!

Also XL chat: I'm sad the Theatrhythm XL is Japan only. At least I'm assuming it is but with how many special edition XLs never come to NA, I wouldn't be surprised.

PS gently caress luigi that year sucked for real

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

Hypernova is fun to use but also fairly frightening when you watch all the adorable creatures struggle against your endless gluttony. Overall pretty fun!

The most horrifying is when you eat the giant pink snake things. Kirby just sucks those fuckers down like really fat spaghetti. :stare:

Head first

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Regy Rusty posted:

The most horrifying is when you eat the giant pink snake things. Kirby just sucks those fuckers down like really fat spaghetti. :stare:

Head first

True, but Hypernova mode has some of the undisputed best fights. :allears:

The Three Little Waddle-Dees and sucking up Flowery Woods and half of the UI elements on the screen at the same time are two that spring immediately to mind.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Don't get me wrong I get a gigantic grin on my face every time I come on one of those Hypernova berries.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Kaubocks posted:

Yeah, barely any good games came out from that. I doubt Nintendo will do another one of these events considering that the Year of Luigi was a massive failure for them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

On the other hand what better way to pull out of a financial nosedive than the Year of Wario?

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I'm on the third mission of Fire Emblem (Hard/Classic) and it's been a bloodbath so far. Should I restart the game trying to capitalise on the few things I've learned so far, or just keep pressing on? This is my first Fire Emblem, I was playing it too much like Advance Wars at first.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

keithy george posted:

I'm on the third mission of Fire Emblem (Hard/Classic) and it's been a bloodbath so far. Should I restart the game trying to capitalise on the few things I've learned so far, or just keep pressing on? This is my first Fire Emblem, I was playing it too much like Advance Wars at first.

Assuming you've been letting characters die and not restarting the chapter when that happens then yes, you're gonna want to start over completely. Awakening in particular is a game you're gonna want everyone alive because of the 'having kids' system.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

keithy george posted:

How many characters have you lost? Because at bare minimum there are only 20 guaranteed characters (assuming you don't recruit any of the ones that require you to talk to them with Chrom) and there are 25 regular chapters and 25 side chapters without DLC.

Also there are 12 characters (and chapters) gated behind your characters getting married, and after Chapter 13 you can only even recruit 4 more characters besides them until the end of the game.

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 31, 2014

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I lost just about everybody that turned up so far. Thanks for the advice, I wanted to get a feel for how the game would go on to play out if I just kept learning as I went.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The R button on my purple 3DS it has been unresponsive for a few days now :( There is anything I could do to fix it or I have to take it somewhere to fix it?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BabyRyoga posted:

Games i'm hyped up for this week on the 3DS:

NA: 1001 Spikes

Don't be hyped for this game, it is not a good game.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The R button on my purple 3DS it has been unresponsive for a few days now :( There is anything I could do to fix it or I have to take it somewhere to fix it?

Might just be a bit of dust. Using compressed air or even just blowing into it might be a quick fix. Worth a try.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori

4 days left, they need ~$75k to hit the 3DS stretch goal... doesn't seem likely.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ok that definitely loving rules.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

4 days left, they need ~$75k to hit the 3DS stretch goal... doesn't seem likely.

I'm shocked some dogshit RPG Maker game based on a.... character on a blog? even made it that far.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I'm shocked some dogshit RPG Maker game based on a.... character on a blog? even made it that far.

It's pure cut Tumblr, it was always gonna make hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Heads up for NA dudes: Yumi's Odd Odyssey will be going on sale from June 1, $20.

This game owns. If you are dumb or insane enough to not have bought it already, nows your chance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehmzZ491vCc

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

keithy george posted:

I wouldn't play on hard if this is your first one. Even on Normal you'll sometimes end up in situations where you lose a character at the end of an hour long mission and you'll be tempted to restart. The issue is the difficulty gets a bit weird at the end of the game, like you'll either have one pair of characters solo an entire map or your best guy killed in one hit before you restart.

Having characters not die is pretty important

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

You sound surprised about a Kickstarter project being absolute garbage.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I've been playing Kirby Triple Deluxe lately and I have to say it's very charming. It's about as easy as I expected it to be but it doesn't really matter when I mostly bought it just for something cute to look at. I like how every power has about ten moves, even if most are pretty unnecessary. Wing power is still as awful as ever though. Hypernova is fun to use but also fairly frightening when you watch all the adorable creatures struggle against your endless gluttony. Overall pretty fun!

Also XL chat: I'm sad the Theatrhythm XL is Japan only. At least I'm assuming it is but with how many special edition XLs never come to NA, I wouldn't be surprised.

I just beat Kirby and it's fantastic. I unlocked Dedede mode and at the very start Dedede used the 3D to give me a fist bump. loving GOTY.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

An unabashed mix of Yume Nikki and Earthbound, made in RPG Maker, and starring a kid whose only character traits are anime and emotional problems? Yowie zowie!

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

cobalt impurity posted:

An unabashed mix of Yume Nikki and Earthbound, made in RPG Maker, and starring a kid whose only character traits are anime and emotional problems? Yowie zowie!

Don't worry; if you really want to play it they might make it for 3DS regardless of the stretch goal being met.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
One of their stretch goals is to translate the game into Japanese. Notice they don't mention an actual release in Japan, just that the language will be available. I don't usually call people weaboo because I feel it's usually applied too broadly to anime fans in general, but in this case it definitely applies. Forcefully inserting a Japanese translation into your game does not make it better. Japanese is not a superior video game language or something like that. $25,000 for a 'Japanese localization' is absolutely ridiculous, and since they met this goal I almost want to pick up this game and play through it in Japanese just to see how horribly they mess it up.

Edit: Ehh this is too much of a derail so here's something on topic

Persona Q hits this week. Can't wait for it to be mine.

Edit edit: Dangit I don't want to keep pummeling this subject, but they're putting the freaking sound track on a cassette tape. They've reached some kind of singularity here.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Persona Q:

Here is the Persona Q wiki created by Japanese players

• Locked thread