Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Quest For Glory II posted:

And yet E3 exists, and Nintendo's way of doing things has them in the red for 3 straight years, while Ubisoft is popping champagne.

e: Dr. Dre makes a celebrity cameo. Even Apple has to abide by E3 policies

Apple just bought that Dr. Dre-branded stereo speakers thing for like a million billion dollars so I'm pretty he does whatever they tell him to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

And yet E3 exists, and Nintendo's way of doing things has them in the red for 3 straight years, while Ubisoft is popping champagne.

e: Dr. Dre makes a celebrity cameo. Even Apple has to abide by E3 policies

On the otherhand, Nintendo is a software and hardware manufacturer, especially one whose games are few and far between and machines are selling less confident than ever. Meanwhile, Ubi is purely a software manufacturer, and they pump that poo poo out at a breakneck speed with more than a few hits on their hands.

Correlation isn't causation, :smuggo:.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I had a really hard time getting into Human Revolution for some reason. I normally like scifi but for some reason the aesthetic of HR seemed really unappealing to me. I've tried to get into it a couple times and always give up once they let you roam the city.

At the time HR came out I was ravenous for that "style" of game even if I didn't like some of the design (no real melee!). Between that and the new Thief I really hate whatever engine that studio is using for these types of games, doesn't seem to mesh well.

Once Dishonored came out that became my new modern favorite of that style of game (free knockouts for everyone!) and enjoyed the "feel" of it way more than HR. If HR had come out after Dishonored I probably would have also had a hard time getting into it.

I'm a sucker for first person exploration-centric games, except I'm somehow immune to the Elder Scrolls series. I thought Skyrim was OK. This is why my body craves a new Fallout. I know it's probably going to be bug ridden and clunky as hell but I just want to pump my coversation skills and talk my way through whatever weird situations they make.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Broose posted:

My hopes for more post-apoc potato faces is sky high.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it won't be Fallout 4: http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/05/26/fallout-4-e3-game-promises-complex-choices/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SomeJazzyRat posted:

On the otherhand, Nintendo is a software and hardware manufacturer, especially one whose games are few and far between and machines are selling less confident than ever. Meanwhile, Ubi is purely a software manufacturer, and they pump that poo poo out at a breakneck speed with more than a few hits on their hands.

Correlation isn't causation, :smuggo:.
If the games are few and far between isn't that even more of a reason to make them known about well before release? Not announcing them until right before they launch just leaves the impression that they have nothing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kuso Meriken posted:

At the time HR came out I was ravenous for that "style" of game even if I didn't like some of the design (no real melee!). Between that and the new Thief I really hate whatever engine that studio is using for these types of games, doesn't seem to mesh well.

Once Dishonored came out that became my new modern favorite of that style of game (free knockouts for everyone!) and enjoyed the "feel" of it way more than HR. If HR had come out after Dishonored I probably would have also had a hard time getting into it.

I'm a sucker for first person exploration-centric games, except I'm somehow immune to the Elder Scrolls series. I thought Skyrim was OK. This is why my body craves a new Fallout. I know it's probably going to be bug ridden and clunky as hell but I just want to pump my coversation skills and talk my way through whatever weird situations they make.

Y'know they don't even need to feed us any bullshit when they finally do show off Fallout 4 in the future. All they need to do in a live-demo is show us that they fixed the problem were your AI companions steal your rare foods and drinks from your refrigerator even if it's likely to kill them.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Thank loving God, it'll probably be Dishonored 2 then.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Apple announced a bunch of Quality of Life health releated things for their products, so expect Nintendo's announcement of the same-but-worse things in a few weeks to go over about as well as a wet fart. Apple also brought out Dr Dre (no sign of Detox or even a Bitch Please III beat), so get ready for Nintendo to pay Master P or some other irrelevant rapper a ton of money to talk about how much they love waggle in a prerecorded digital video.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

Apple announced a bunch of Quality of Life health releated things for their products, so expect Nintendo's announcement of the same-but-worse things in a few weeks to go over about as well as a wet fart. Apple also brought out Dr Dre (no sign of Detox or even a Bitch Please III beat), so get ready for Nintendo to pay Master P or some other irrelevant rapper a ton of money to talk about how much they love waggle in a prerecorded digital video.
Nah that'll be CliffyB who brings the rapper on stage to talk about how they've always been a huge fan of Gears of War and are best of friends.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

This is the problem with numbering series, they always leave out the best games for some reason. Fallout: New Vegas doesn't count, and neither do Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and San Andreas.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

why would nintendo copy apple?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Davincie posted:

Well, the Wii U Gamepad exists because they were scared of Apple, sooooooo..

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Homefront: The Revolution looks like Wolfenstein: New World Order but with Koreans instead of Nazis and plucky American revolutionaries instead of seasoned war hero BJ Blazkowicz. Because the only way I can imagine North Korean taking over the world is alien intervention, which is basically what it looks like happened in that trailer.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

1stGear posted:

Thank loving God, it'll probably be Dishonored 2 then.

I'm holding out hopes it's an Elder Scroll Online expansion.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Davincie posted:

I don't think it would be copying, but they are supposedly working on the exact type of garbage Apple just introduced, so they got undercut and will look second-rate as usual.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They're talking about games now, with an archetecture called METAL with a lovely rear end logo which apparently brings iOS in line with graphics on par with 360/PS3.

They announced Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare for iOS, saying the Frostbite 3 engine has been ported to iOS through Metal. And now a Epic Games guy with E3-rear end hair is talking about some lovely zen garden tech demo.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 2, 2014

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

People have been insisting Nintendo are working on some stupid biometrics crap for years now. As far as I know it fizzled because it didn't loving work.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

No, Nintendo is the one insisting it, they've been talking about a QOL platform at their investors briefings since last year.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

They're talking about games now, with an archetecture called METAL with a lovely rear end logo which apparently brings iOS in line with graphics on par with 360/PS3.

They announced Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare for iOS, saying the Frostbite 3 engine has been ported to iOS through Metal. And now a Epic Games guy with E3-rear end hair is talking about some lovely zen garden tech demo.

:v:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

iOS has a better graphics engine than Wii U

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
And even this year Apple did not announce a gaming device.

Apple is going to win the console war by just watching the corpses of Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft floating down the river :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Harlock posted:

iOS has a better graphics engine than Wii U

MK8 looks pretty bananas.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Rinkles posted:

MK8 looks pretty bananas.

But the Wii U doesn't have 4x graphics.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

I doubt the only reason is the time difference between when the games are announced and when they are released

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Here's something interesting about Forza Horizon 2 - apparently while the XB1 version is being handled by the developers of Horizon 1 using the Forza 5 tech as a base, the 360 version is apparently being developed by Sumo Digital (Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed) using the Horizon 1 engine as a base. That sounds like a lot more work than a quick-n-dirty cross-platform port... Sumo are a pretty great studio though, so they'll probably do a good job.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

this thread is really taking off.

imagine a week from now...

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Kins posted:

Here's something interesting about Forza Horizon 2 - apparently while the XB1 version is being handled by the developers of Horizon 1 using the Forza 5 tech as a base, the 360 version is apparently being developed by Sumo Digital (Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed) using the Horizon 1 engine as a base. That sounds like a lot more work than a quick-n-dirty cross-platform port... Sumo are a pretty great studio though, so they'll probably do a good job.
The 360 version will probably be better

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Your Friend posted:

this thread is really taking off.

imagine a week from now...

It will be one or two word posts within seconds of major announcements, and will make catching up an absolute pain.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Twitch announced their E3 stream schedule:

All those unannounced titles :getin:

Wh... Where are all the Sony unannounced titles? :ohdear:

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

Wh... Where are all the Sony unannounced titles? :ohdear:

At this point the XONE's future lineup is looking quite a bit better than the PS4.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You guys arguing Nintendo's presentation style are in luck! This is what Iwata has stated just recently:

quote:

The titles we are preparing to show you at E3 vary from being nearly complete to still in the early phases of development but with the core of its appeal noticeable. Therefore, our strategy of focusing on software has not changed.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140508qa/index.html

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Harlock posted:

The 360 version will probably be better

Sumo is supposed to be making Sega All-Stars Racing 3 though.

I guess this'll give them time to think of what possible SEGA characters are still left for them to include.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Fame Douglas posted:

You guys arguing Nintendo's presentation style are in luck! This is what Iwata has stated just recently:

:pcgaming:OMG ZELDA APPEARANCE AT E3 CONFIRMED OMG:pcgaming:

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

At this point the XONE's future lineup is looking quite a bit better than the PS4.

Xbone's lineup:

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Gears Of War Xbone

PS4's lineup:

Drive Club
The Order: 1886
Uncharted PS4

SHOOTMANSSHOOTMANSSHOOTMANS vs. DRIVESHOOTMANSSHOOTMANS

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Actually, The Order 1886 is a "filmic experience" that may or may not contain a video game.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

ActionPlatypus posted:

Xbone's lineup:

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Gears Of War Xbone

PS4's lineup:

Drive Club
The Order: 1886
Uncharted PS4

SHOOTMANSSHOOTMANSSHOOTMANS vs. DRIVESHOOTMANSSHOOTMANS

You forgot Forza Horizon 2, so it's DRIVESHOOTMANSSHOOTMANSSHOOTMANS vs. DRIVESHOOTMANSSHOOTMANS

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Actually, The Order 1886 is a "filmic experience" that may or may not contain a video game.

I think story and visuals are very high. Gameplay is something that… it’s a game, we make games, we can’t get around it. We love games, but we also love telling stories, so I think story is always going to be at the top because it’s what we start with. It’s at the top of the pyramid and everything else supports that. I think it’d be more challenging to make a game for the gameplay’s sake, then try to make a story that fits in there.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's Uncharted with a Victorian skin... the gameplay worked for Uncharted, so it should work for other time periods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

zenintrude posted:

It's Uncharted with a Victorian skin... the gameplay worked for Uncharted, so it should work for other time periods.
Uncharted's gameplay was bland as poo poo though, its not much of a positive.

I will never understand the love for that series, ever.

• Locked thread