Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chilichimp posted:

I know it's a little far off yet, but Incognito is going to have a tough time getting past Ray "spousal abuse" Rice.

To be fair, it was only fiancee abuse at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Sour Diesel posted:

The Factory is awful but Schiano is more than likely going to be going against Incognito for the title, or at least get to the final 4. Even if the factory has been douching it up for a while, Schiano is Douche Incarnate.

vv very true

I agree completely. My point is simply the idea Schiano is so much worse than Lombardi and Banner. Banner alone is douche enough to make it a contest. I understand why it is swinging heavily in Schiano's favor, but this isn't like the Rice vs McCoy round, which was absolutely no contest. Rice vs McCoy was like some WAC school winning their conference tournament to get an automatic bid. Factory of Sadness is a legitimate school from a major conference that was competitive enough against real competition to get in and just happened to get an unlucky draw in seeding.

In hindsight, I realized halfway through writing this that the above statement was not worth the effort, so to add some content, gently caress Schiano, Banner, Lombardi, and especially Ray Rice.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I wanted to do a write up on how awful Schiano is, but the best comedic writer already did that.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/4862062/greg-schiano-breaking-madden

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I have to admit it's pretty funny how many well-documented shitheads are in the Pats front office and coaching staff

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
:siren:By a score of 38-13, (1)Greg Schiano has defeated (8)The Factory of Sadness!:siren:

I would also like to thank GenHavoc for doing the Factory of Sadness writeup!

Episode 9: Trippin' the Douche Regulations

Featuring: (4)Mike Tomlin vs. (5)Tom Benson

Mike Tomlin

Chichevache posted:

Mike Tomlin for interfering with that kick return like a total douche.

We have received a quote from the Douche, Mike Tomlin

This “award” is a farce, I know Ben Rothlisberger personally, and he may be dumb, and stupid, and a bit thick. But one thing he's not is a douche. The only reason I’m here is because some whiners don’t understand what life is like on the sidelines during a kick off return, you move onto the field a little to catch the jumbotron and make sure you look tight and next thing you know you’re in the running for the douche of the year award, being fined $100K by the NFL, and made a mockery of on national television!

But the real douche in this situation? Jacoby Jones. The only thing the guy can do is run, bitch should have a been a track star. He. Targeted. ME! He saw I was on the sidelines and ran straight towards me! I had to jump out of the way to save myself from being run over by that maniac. Jacoby Jones should be up here and not me!

VS.

Tom Benson

swickles posted:

I am going to nominate Saints owner Tom Benson for this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nflpa-lambasts-saints-backed-workers-164541895--nfl.html

Basically he is trying to use legislation to get around the CBA and screw players that get injured.

And now a few words from this douche

Money.

I have it. You don't.

If you vote for me, you are really just mad that I am more successful than you. That, and you simply do not understand the business of football.

Look. I feel for the players who get concussions. I really, really do- they are one of the reasons that I have more money than you, and if they get hurt, so does my wallet. However, they knew the risks when they took this job. They are well compensated for the risks they take, so it is on them if they get early onset dimensia or have trouble walking at 30.

Just remember, more money equals better than, so its fine that I am using some laws to reduce the amount that I have to give to these plebes. It is the natural order of things, so stop complaining about it.

Do you believe that Tomlin was only accidentally a douche?
Or will you be tripping all over yourselves to vote for him? (ugh)
Only one way to find out!
DOUCHE!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Tom Benson

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I'm sure Benson is a turd but I'm just going to be biased and vote Tomlin.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tom Benson is lobbying his states legislature as an attempt to circumvent the CBA and screw any player that gets hurt in OTA's, mini-camp, or any activity that occurs before the official start of the regular season in the case that they are injured. Basically, he wants to scale a players pay regardless of their contract to what they make during the off season (which is essentially nothing). So if Drew Brees tore an ACL during OTA's, he would not get his paychecks, but instead an amount calculated off of his daily salary during OTA's (which is basically a per diem and nothing else). Sure, Brees can take the hit but what about 6th round draft picks or UDFA's that managed to get league minimum contracts?

Basically, gently caress Tom Benson for perpetuating the stereotype of greedy rich owners who are trying to gently caress over the players at any opportunity.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Tom Benson

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tom Benson because if Tomlin wins he may get mad and let the world know that House isn't really dead :ohdear:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I just gotta vote gently caress the steelers still. Skullfuck those assholes until there isn't anyone left from 2005. Tomlin

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tomlin screwed up a return, knew he did it, had a pretty hilarious huge rear end grin on his face right after it happened. Tom Benson is trying (tried? Is that over now?) to screw up lives and I can't even laugh at his grin. So him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

effectual posted:

I just gotta vote gently caress the steelers still. Skullfuck those assholes until there isn't anyone left from 2005. Tomlin

You do realize Tomlin wasn't there in 2005 right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Voting Tomlin even though the other dude is a bigger douche in my opinion. He won't make it out of the first round, and to be honest he doesn't deserve to advance farther in this tournament. That said, Tomlin's behavior has been very nearly forgotten and I think it is worth reminding everyone what he did. He interfered with the game in a manner that could have injured a player and that is worth remembering.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
Tom Benson

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, I've got to go with Tomlin on this one. Sure the other guy is actively trying to worm his way out of paying guys who well could end their career playing for him, but that's approaching large scale evil, and I have to vote for what was more a dick move than anything else.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mike Tomlin

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Benson because trying to use the law to screw people is never punished. Even if he fails to get what he want, he still costs the opposition a ton of money to fight him in court, so it's highly douchematic. Plus maybe it will work which is extra hosed up. gently caress that guy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This. gently caress this shady prick.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Benson deserves a lifetime achievement award, but what he's doing here is just generic owner bullshit and not even the third worst thing he's personally done. Nothing about it seems like something another awful owner wouldn't do.

What Tomlin did was relatively unprecedented, and he wasn't punished nearly enough. The only equivalent thing I can think of was dome by a S&C mook and resulted in a major injury. I also found his excuse pathetic, particularly with his carefully constructed facade as a straight shooting cool coach. Also he is affiliated with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Benson by ten country miles. I don't even see how Tomlin's single stupid little stunt qualifies him for this bracket, especially when he's been a pretty cool cat otherwise.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

swickles posted:

This means nothing.

Mike Tomlin

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Tom Benson, for sure.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Benson

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Nothing Benson is doing is actually douchy. Seizing regulatory control as a means to deprive labor of compensation from injury is A- actually evil, B- not at all unexpected from a rich oligarch or happening in a backwoods shithole like non-New Orleans Louisiana, and C- will only serve to gently caress him over in the long run with the NFL players refusing to sign deals there.

Tomlin, on the other hand, unexpectedly interfered with a basic play of football in a way so out of character for such a "classy organization", the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Tom Benson for many reasons.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Benson didn't do anything most business owners who are lovely would do so it's almost expected

Tomlin because I had to hear about it for a loving month and it was so obviously douchey

And now my phone knows douchey. Good use for the rest of this thread.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tom Benson

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Oh, ohhh poo poo. Oh this dude? This little bitch right here?

Yeah Tomlin tripped a dude. I tripped an old lady on the bus because she hit me with her bag. Whatever.

This bitch right here. I don't even care about this new CBA poo poo or whatever. The douchebag potential of this bitch runs back from 1985. New Orleans was in an economic slump and getting worse. The team was about to be sold to a group interested in moving to Jacksonville. Tom Benson saw the value and necessity of keeping the team in New Orleans and agreed to buy and keep the team there. Jim Mora was brought in and the team did better than ever before, cementing it's place as part of the city for all time.

Along the way though he seemed to forget why the team was important to the city and began threatening to move the franchise if a new stadium was not built. This was just before the franchises first playoff win. In 2005 he had his chance. The damage from Katrina forced the team to play out of the city and split games at LSUs Stadium in Baton Rouge and at the Alamodome in San Antonio. Word quickly began leaking that Benson wanted the team to stay in San Antonio (He and his brother both already owned car dealerships in the city) with even the San Antonio mayor stating "I'm pretty comfortable saying he wants to be here" on Oct 16, 2005. The very next day, Saints VP Arnie Fielkow confronted Benson about playing in Texas stating the importance of the team to Louisiana and New Orleans and advocated more games in Baton Rouge. Benson told Fielkow that he should resign and would be paid the rest of his contract if he signed a confidentiality agreement. Fielkow refused and was fired the very next day on Oct 17.

The mayor and the governor both called out Benson within days and Benson gave the non-answer "There are many factors that will affect the future location of our team" and it was rumored that during this time, less than 2 months after Katrina, Benson was trying to exploit a national disaster and force the new stadium proposal onto the city before he would commit to moving the team back. Factually, he did delay any decision of permanently keeping the team in NO until 2007 by Governor approved postponements of the Superdome lease. Bensons decision was seen as sitting on the fence, waiting to see if the Saints would make enough money in a post-Katrina New Orleans or not and reserving the right to move the team at any time during the following 2 years if he felt it was not able to. Benson went on the record stating that he was committed to New Orleans "Forever, as long as the community commits to me." :rolleyes:

External pressure to buy the team had picked up and eventually had to be settled by Benson announcing the eventual transfer of the team to his granddaughter and current Saints Exec Rita Benson. Paul Tagliabue, still NFL commissoner at that time stepped in and brokered an agreement and Tom Benson / Tagliabue agreed that the Saints would play in New Orleans from 2006 onwards. Shortly after this time it became evident that Rita Benson was the public leader and face of the team with Tom Benson retiring from the spotlight. However we got to see his rear end dance on the sideline after the 2009 superbowl win which was the only bittersweet moment of the entire evening.

Also, my cousin got ripped off by the mechanics at his Chevy dealership.

tl;dr gently caress Tom Benson

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Tom Benson has a long-rear end history of being a douche. gently caress that guy

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

swickles posted:

Yeah but some of his players were.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Tom Benson

effectual posted:

Yeah but some of his players were.
What? Let it go man. It's been almost a decade.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Tomlin

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
tomlin

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Tom Benson Enough said. You don't get to be douche of the year for tripping someone.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

He's really close to simply being evil, but I have to vote for Tom Benson here since my family is from Louisiana and thus I get to hear about it every time this rear end in a top hat threatens to move the team. And gently caress owners in general, if there are any that aren't horrible people it just means they are good at hiding it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tom Benson

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Good lord I can't believe this is even a contest. Benson by the entirety of Mt Everest.

Tomlin did a douchey singly act that could have maybe hurt a player, and didn't even affect the outcome of the game. The Ravens still won. It wasn't a pivotal play, it ended up being irrelevant. Also Tomlin owns and the only thing that is not awesome about Tomlin is the fact that he coaches the Steelers. People here voting for Tomlin all sound like the Dolphins front office. jealous of how cool he is. Also that sideline thing was hilarious and amazing and we all laughed like hell when it happened. It led to great photoshops and in-jokes and gave us weeks of hilarity. It only got on your nerves if you watch ESPN and other sports media, and the only person you can blame for watching ESPN and sports media is yourself.

Tom Benson is trying to ruin careers for the sake of getting a little more money. He's making it so that if Jacoby had gotten hurt on that play and went out for the season, he'd get screwed over hardcore just so Benson can earn a little more side money so he can play more golf.

jugulator45
Apr 1, 2009
Tom Benson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Tomlin, because every owner in the NFL would try to pull the same poo poo Benson is if they could get away with it.

• Locked thread