Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can you even read 132 GB from external storage in the time they showed it compressing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

withak posted:

Can you even read 132 GB from external storage in the time they showed it compressing?

Would you have preferred they extend the episode to a full hour so we could watch the file transfer for 29 minutes?

This show is awesome, mike judge is awesome. It would suck if we really had to wait a god drat year for the next season. Hopefully they do some fun webisodes and stuff.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
It would have been pretty great for Richard to look surprised and be like "oh, I guess also it compresses poo poo hella fast, too."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

Would you have preferred they extend the episode to a full hour so we could watch the file transfer for 29 minutes?

This show is awesome, mike judge is awesome. It would suck if we really had to wait a god drat year for the next season. Hopefully they do some fun webisodes and stuff.

I'd like to see a web series shot from forklift telemetry cameras documenting Jared's time on the Island.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

This show is hilarious, holy poo poo.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

homo punching bag posted:

I'd like to see a web series shot from forklift telemetry cameras documenting Jared's time on the Island.
Yes.

withak posted:

On an MBA over the USB 2.0 bus, from an external magnetic hard drive, I'm sure you can't.

Powershift posted:

They could have done what actually would have happened in that situation: compress a 3MB file. Not that it matters. The slight surrealism only adds to the show.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
You loving :spergin: would be up in arms though if they happened to have a 3mb 3d movie file. Let it goooooo.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Veskit posted:

You loving :spergin: would be up in arms though if they happened to have a 3mb 3d movie file
Nah, that looks about right.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That hotel scene is the best of the show to date, on par with automated Google car and robot island and drug dealing kids.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

AxeManiac posted:

Great show, Mike Judge is a genius.

Hello new facebook cover photo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Wow this whole season was amazing, I was almost in tears at how funny it was also his PIVOT!! It totally worked.

I love everyone on this show now, even Richard. I don't care.

Also, it's totally believable that she'd be interested in Richard, he acts just like her boss almost. Intelligence is a attractive thing.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Hollismason posted:

I was almost in tears at how funny it was also his PIVOT!! It totally worked.

The line about chat roulette pivoting from a social networking site to a playground for sexual monsters was my favorite throw away line this season.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Longer dick = Greater D2F

Everything about that board is pretty spectacular.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Phenotype posted:

The one thing I disliked was Monica asking Richard out, which just seemed unbelievable. I mean, he's just been a mess every time they've interacted, and she's supposedly a powerful businesswoman working for one of the top tech firms. I just don't see the connection between them, and I can't think of anything Richard's done that might be the least bit attractive or endearing to her. Then again, her character doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. She says she invested her own money in them because she thought he had a great business...but he certainly didn't, especially at the time. All he had was an algorithm, and she had just invested in several other guys with compression algorithms. And she is somehow won over by the stammering passivity of the fourth one?

I dunno, I enjoyed this season, but that entire character feels off to me, and it seems like they were scrambling to put an attractive female in there somewhere after the main plot and cast was in place.

Did you watch the part where he totally owned that presentation? I'd do Richard after that poo poo.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

TheAbortionator posted:

The line about chat roulette pivoting from a social networking site to a playground for sexual monsters was my favorite throw away line this season.

"A playground for the sexually monstrous" and Ehrlich quietly putting the door back on were the best parts for me. The charm of this show really is in all the little things.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Chainsawdomy posted:

"A playground for the sexually monstrous" and Ehrlich quietly putting the door back on were the best parts for me. The charm of this show really is in all the little things.

The whole door smashing scene was almost sweet. They break down the door thinking Richard killed himself, then then Erlich just gingerly replaces the door as the whole team leaves Richard be.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

ultramiraculous posted:

The whole door smashing scene was almost sweet. They break down the door thinking Richard killed himself, then then Erlich just gingerly replaces the door as the whole team leaves Richard be.
Erlich actually being like a Mother Hen to his little children is such a good way to go with his character as it could have been so easy to just have him be a dick to everyone for laughs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

drunkill posted:

That hotel scene is the best of the show to date, on par with automated Google car and robot island and drug dealing kids.

You brought piss to a shitfight is the best season 1 line IMO

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

There are so many good quotes but " You look like someone starved a virgin " or whatever it was is soo goddam funny.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

etalian posted:

You brought piss to a shitfight is the best season 1 line IMO

This is the truth. As elaborate and eloquent a dick joke that was in the finale, the poo poo/piss fight quote is the best written line on the show (so far).

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Which one? Which one? Which one?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

teagone posted:

This is the truth. As elaborate and eloquent a dick joke that was in the finale, the poo poo/piss fight quote is the best written line on the show (so far).

That whole scene is the absolute tops. I can't stop laughing at the slap he gives that kid.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Ah yes, someone uploaded it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWAT8twFjIs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DangerKat posted:

That whole scene is the absolute tops. I can't stop laughing at the slap he gives that kid.

TJ Miller owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SSvM9lzYV0

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That scene is so loving great. I was like really apprehensive about this and thought it'd be dumb, but seriously this has been amazing.

I don't understand why it was only 8 episodes though. Woah not going to spell this not a scene from the movie but TJ Miller telling the story of how he almost died and should have. Holy crap can't believe he survived this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf9N5AWprG8

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 3, 2014

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

On a more serious note here's a really good lecture on the history of Silicon Valley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTC_RxWN_xo

Was basically a big nexus for government research, mainly military defense spending before going into all the various tech boom bust cycles such as the dot com bubble.

etalian fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 3, 2014

MetalFace
Jul 27, 2005
Join Us In Creating Excellence

ultramiraculous posted:

Lady in the sunglasses either is or is imitating Kara Swisher, who does the re/code, formerly AllThingsD, stuff, occasionally while wearing sunglasses indoors.

That was indeed the real Kara. Very cool to see her in the show.

Chobdab
Aug 16, 2003

You don't know me James, you never did. I am not seeking forgiveness.
I love T.J. Miller (Ehrlich) and I hope he gets a lot more work. His interpretation of "the stoner who's a mess" is just so spot-on that different character aspects remind me of my friend's mannerisms.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

AndyElusive posted:

Which one? Which one? Which one?
Are you interested, very interested or very interested?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Chobdab posted:

I love T.J. Miller (Ehrlich) and I hope he gets a lot more work. His interpretation of "the stoner who's a mess" is just so spot-on that different character aspects remind me of my friend's mannerisms.

What makes his character work is that he's a only a bit of a mess but he's still fairly competent.

SimpleAnarchy
May 9, 2002

Those are some nice headphones
I hope they didn't forget to come up with an equation for the amount of lube required to jerk all those dicks. :colbert: Call it lube volume or LVOL.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CaptainHollywood posted:

What makes his character work is that he's a only a bit of a mess but he's still fairly competent.

That is one of the things I like about the show, all the characters are funny but also still competent at what they do.

Besides Big Head.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
And Jared. That guy is completely broken.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Harminoff posted:

And Jared. That guy is completely broken.

To be fair, he is probably the most competent person in the team. Just not when he's been on a concrete island for four days and hopped up on some kid's Adderall.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chobdab posted:

He's really chill in all the interviews, I loved all his great one liners from the techcrunch interview.

"You guys can code Java but still wear laceless shoes"

"We went to the real techcrunch disrupt, the one in SF"

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
I was happy to see that David Wallace landed on his feet after losing his job at Dunder Mifflin.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

"We went to the real techcrunch disrupt, the one in SF"

Oh poo poo I didn't even notice this. I forgot they were at TechCrunch NY. I thought they were just making a joke that their fake TechCrunch on the show was the "real" one.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dattserberg posted:

I was happy to see that David Wallace landed on his feet after losing his job at Dunder Mifflin.

He was sleeping with the Vice President of the United States in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

• Locked thread