Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I hope that Barca only sells Cesc after they buy Koke or whatever.

Cesc is a great player anyway, drops a little bit physically in second half of the season for some reason but he's great, I don't know why Barca would want to sell him unless he wants to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Shitshow posted:

We have plenty of depth at that position: Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Rosicky, and even Ox in a pinch. We certainly missed both Ramsey and Ozil, but we imploded because of a lack of proper preparation for away trips to the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, and City. A Fabregas would have made no difference in those outcomes.

Fabregas is a luxury buy at this point. We need a great right back, a Xabi Alonso type in midfield, and an Aguero/Suarez type striker who moves a lot off the ball.

You don't turn down Fabregas for €30million or whatever the made up number is. Rosicky is old, Wilshere and Ox are fine but nowhere near Fabregas, Özil was very patchy, and Ramsey probably won't replicate his ridiculous form.

Even if Wilshere, Ramsey, and Özil were all better than Fabregas (they're not), three players is nowhere near enough depth for two midfield places. The three needs you mentioned are all urgent, but Wenger supposedly has plenty of money to spend and always just moans about value. Fabregas for around 2/3 of Özil is ridiculous value.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 3, 2014

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There is no chance in hell that Arsene would spend a lot of money on a striker, defensive midfielder, right back and Fabregas. Manage your expectations, people.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

There is no chance in hell that Arsene would spend a lot of money on a striker, defensive midfielder, right back and Fabregas. Manage your expectations, people.

Right back will be a cheap young French guy, forward will be some £15 million Frenchman who isn't a clear upgrade over Giroud, and Fabregas will be the big buy. Defensive midfielder won't be bought, Arteta and Flamini will be it. I believe, Cesc is coming home.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Shitshow posted:

We certainly missed both Ramsey and Ozil, but we imploded because of a lack of proper preparation for away trips to the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, and City. A Fabregas would have made no difference in those outcomes.

My feeling is that Arsenal are mentally too weak to beat any team better than them, which includes man u. Not sure you can chalk that up to preparation

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Burqa King posted:

My feeling is that Arsenal are mentally too weak to beat any team better than them, which includes man u. Not sure you can chalk that up to preparation

We could've kept those heavy defeats in and won the league if we had just avoided a few daft draws like Everton and the lacklustre home and away showings against a poor United team. Obviously you don't want to lose any game heavily but the title is won by beating the 'smaller' teams, rarely the head to head games that decide the league directly.

I can see us failing to sign Cesc then lamenting it in February when we have our annual plummet in form and shoot to the top of the EPL injuries league table. We need to buy a lot of players in key positions but the reason we can't compete with the likes of City and Chelsea is because when they have a first choice player badly injured they have back ups who are former world player of the year champions league winners, we have Yaya Sanogo and Ignasi Miguel.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
On the NYCFC stuff - the media here in Australia is reporting that Melbourne Heart (soon to be Melbourne City), the other team Man City bought, could get Villa on loan while NYCFC doesn't exist yet.

So as long as we don't let him see the A-League bloopers videos he'll totally come and play for our lovely league.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Charlotte Hornets posted:

how big is Arsenal's transfer kitty this window?

It's a real tiger (not a Hull Tiger).

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

dshban posted:

On the NYCFC stuff - the media here in Australia is reporting that Melbourne Heart (soon to be Melbourne City), the other team Man City bought, could get Villa on loan while NYCFC doesn't exist yet.

So as long as we don't let him see the A-League bloopers videos he'll totally come and play for our lovely league.

Bloody hell I'll be mad if Heart somehow turn into a good team while Victory have an Albanian nutcase as their best player

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Bloody hell I'll be mad if Heart somehow turn into a good team while Victory have an Albanian nutcase as their best player

Maybe he will come to Yokohama F Marinos.... City.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
one for the #megalulz

quote:

Could Manchester United really land Luis Suarez for £65m from Liverpool?
http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/02/could-manchester-united-really-land-luis-suarez-for-65m-from-liverpool-4746927/

pdog
May 7, 2013

I feel this should be an obligatory compliment to any metro article.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lmao, thats not happening.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

pdog posted:

I feel this should be an obligatory compliment to any metro article.

I did not need this in this sort of resolution

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

lmao

im convinced that they must be using this to come up with "reports"

Somebody search Metro reporters with May 14th birthdays and phone numbers ending in 65 (somebody get Brandy back ffs)

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Thirteenth Step posted:

lmao

Robben to Arsenal for £69 million? Seems legit

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Thirteenth Step posted:

lmao

Somebody search Metro reporters with May 14th birthdays and phone numbers ending in 65 (somebody get Brandy back ffs)

Messi to City :ninja:

Pleased with the Lambert signing. Exactly the sort of third choice striker we need. Absolutely stoked for the guy too.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

So apparently Bayern are buying Robben if that chart is correct!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pogba to Inter for 44m? Seems legit.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Van Persie to Monaco for 59m, gently caress me, sounds legit

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

So apparently Bayern are buying Robben if that chart is correct!

it would be an unusual move but the chart doesn't lie

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Thirteenth Step posted:

it would be an unusual move but the chart doesn't lie
So Di Maria is worth 85m and are Gala able to afford that?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Someone make one of those that asks for your mother's maiden name, this is good poo poo.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

dshban posted:

On the NYCFC stuff - the media here in Australia is reporting that Melbourne Heart (soon to be Melbourne City)

So City are making the "City" part of their name the marketable bit?

Assem Allam just wasn't trying hard enough at Hull

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Suarez to Everton...

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

Messi to City :ninja:

oh thats canon

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

chuggo is BACK posted:

Suarez to Everton...

And for 84m !!!

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

ephex posted:

And for 84m !!!

My sources are quoting 11m op :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Robin Bairner @RBairner · 15h
"No agreement with #Arsenal. We've talked in past but nothing just now. We're in talks with another English side," #Aurier's agent to RMC.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No combination mentions a Howson transfer to Madrid which reeks of FIFA censorship.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Yeah. Also they wanted to change from red/white stripes on the home kit to sky blue but since there's already a team (Sydney) with sky blue as their home, they can only make sky blue their away kit.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

dshban posted:

Yeah. Also they wanted to change from red/white stripes on the home kit to sky blue but since there's already a team (Sydney) with sky blue as their home, they can only make sky blue their away kit.

If you're in a league that doesn't allow teams to have the same colour home kit, whats the point in having an away kit?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
So they can compete in the emirates cup, durrr

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Funky Koval posted:

Van Persie to Monaco for 59m, gently caress me, sounds legit

Actually he's going to Juventus for 50m

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The club have been pushing 'City' as a brand for a while now (City in the Community, City Academy etc). Most of the web content is 'City - whatever', as are the team names where appropriate, Mexico City Football Club & a Chinese one has been mooted recently as well.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

TheGoatFeeder posted:

The club have been pushing 'City' as a brand for a while now (City in the Community, City Academy etc). Most of the web content is 'City - whatever', as are the team names where appropriate, Mexico City Football Club & a Chinese one has been mooted recently as well.

Say what you will about Roman and Chelsea, at least they haven't done poo poo like this.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Say what you will about Roman and Chelsea, at least they haven't done poo poo like this.

dont be pissy that the other oil sheikhs have a better PR team than yours.

The day we signed Zarate we broke a record for season ticket sales. Turns out having a child leak your transfer news is actually a clever idea.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Vitesse Arnhem

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
There is a good chance Shola will be on next years A-league blooper video :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jose posted:

There is a good chance Shola will be on next years A-league blooper video :getin:

Aw yiss

• Locked thread