Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

All that conference championship stuff is going to be super depressing to own if the Rangers don't win the cup.

That's why I'm not buying any EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS stuff, just one or two shirzees that have the SCF patch/logo on them.

Saving most of my :10bux: for all the Stanley Cup Champs gear. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!

OldSenileGuy posted:

That's why I'm not buying any EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS stuff, just one or two shirzees that have the SCF patch/logo on them.

Saving most of my :10bux: for all the Stanley Cup Champs gear. :getin:

You jinxed it im going to jump off a bridge now.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Is the store at MSG decent? I haven't been since 2001 and I don't remember much from that time in NYC :v:

I've got a buddy visiting the city in July so I might have them pick me up something from there.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

All that conference championship stuff is going to be super depressing to own if the Rangers don't win the cup.

I'd consider most teams fortunate to win a series that goes to seven games. It doesn't exactly show that a team has been consistent or vastly outplayed their opponent. It's perfectly reasonable to assume the better team will lose a game or two games in a series, but a series going seven games usually indicates that both sides were pretty evenly matched. To do that three times in one year tells me that they were more lucky than effective.

yeah but two of their opponents were CUP CONTENDAZ, and anaheim isn't a paper tiger by any means

on the other hand, the rangers went to game 7s twice, against the flyers-sans-mason and the pens, who are both inferior teams to all of SJ, ANA, and CHI. and though the rangers didn't go to 7 against MTL, it was pretty close and a couple bounces the other way in OT could've taken that series away from NY pretty easily

THEREFORE, the rangers depended on 'luck' just as much as the kings, but against significantly inferior competition

:sweep:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Rangers are just as lucky to be where they are, and I fully expect LA to win the cup in 5 or 6 games (I predicted 5 in the prediction thread). However, that doesn't mean that LA aren't fortunate to be in the finals as well. In 2012 the Kings were perhaps the most dominant playoff team I can recall, this year that isn't the case.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Look at all of this bullshit whining about "luck"

Please go cry in your beer in the off-season thread.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The Kings aren't going to get respect until they go 16-0 in a playoff against the 84 Oilers, 82 Islanders, the 77 Canadiens, and the 1976 Soviet Olympic team.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

yeah but two of their opponents were CUP CONTENDAZ, and anaheim isn't a paper tiger by any means

Anaheim has like, one and a half good forward lines, three decent defensemen and good goaltending. Getting to 7 games against the Kings was a hell of an accomplishment for the Ducks.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

grack posted:

Anaheim has like, one and a half good forward lines, three decent defensemen and good goaltending.

i agree -- but in my mind this makes them an above average playoff team, though not a real ~~~CONTENDA~~~

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

ThinkTank posted:

Rangers are just as lucky to be where they are, and I fully expect LA to win the cup in 5 or 6 games (I predicted 5 in the prediction thread). However, that doesn't mean that LA aren't fortunate to be in the finals as well. In 2012 the Kings were perhaps the most dominant playoff team I can recall, this year that isn't the case.

Over half of SAS chose LA in 5 or 6 games.

Pretty sure SAS was 8/12 in the first two rounds. 0/2 in the conference finals, though.

Zodijackylite posted:

Look at all of this bullshit whining about "luck"

Please go cry in your beer in the off-season thread.

Don't worry, you'll be with us soon enough. I mean, so will LA, but you know.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

LumpyGumby posted:

I predicted the Rangers would go to the Finals in 2012 as well, just because of the Staal trend, I thought a Staal brother was going to win every four years.

Eric in 2004, Jordan in 2008, and in 2012 Marc got real close. If they win this year, it would suck to be Jared.

What's 2006, chop liver?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

The average ticket price for game 1 in LA is $790. I thought that was insane until they mentioned that the average ticket price for game 3 in NY is $1631. :psyduck:

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea, MSG is approaching 2010 Vancouver Canada semi-final/gold medal prices.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Stickarts posted:

Yea, MSG is approaching 2010 Vancouver Canada semi-final/gold medal prices.

The fact they just finished the MSG renovations isn't helping. My tickets went up every drat year during.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

The average ticket price for game 1 in LA is $790. I thought that was insane until they mentioned that the average ticket price for game 3 in NY is $1631. :psyduck:

Sounds about right.

Honestly if the weather wasn't so nice here right now I'd say gently caress it and go out to LA for a game. We have an office in W Hollywood so I could probably get my boss to send me out there for the week. Plus I really like LA (as a city, gently caress the loving Kings).

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

The NHL media day is really stupid. Feel free to watch it live: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=623156

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I saw a report somewhere saying that it would be cheaper for a New Yorker to fly to LA, get a room for 2 nights, and a ticket to watch the game here.

It reminds me of when the Kings were playing Phoenix in the 2012 WCF, and Kings fans were driving six hours to Jobing.com Arena because they couldn't even sell out to the home crowd and the tickets were heavily deflated. It was less of a pain in the rear end, to spend half a day on the road, than it was to find tickets to the games at Staples.

I kinda miss the days when it was $30 to get into the 300 section at Staples and then find some empty seats in the 100's. I like having a championship team more overall, but I gotta admit, I went to a lot more games when the Kings weren't as good.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

The Casualty posted:

I saw a report somewhere saying that it would be cheaper for a New Yorker to fly to LA, get a room for 2 nights, and a ticket to watch the game here.

It reminds me of when the Kings were playing Phoenix in the 2012 WCF, and Kings fans were driving six hours to Jobing.com Arena because they couldn't even sell out to the home crowd and the tickets were heavily deflated. It was less of a pain in the rear end, to spend half a day on the road, than it was to find tickets to the games at Staples.

I kinda miss the days when it was $30 to get into the 300 section at Staples and then find some empty seats in the 100's. I like having a championship team more overall, but I gotta admit, I went to a lot more games when the Kings weren't as good.

That's the problem of success!

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
quick took a shot in the collarbone and left practice today :unsmigghh:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

a false posted:

loving RANGERS KILLING GOALIES!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What are you doing Bettman? Stop reducing obvious suspensions, you dickbutt.

gently caress Carcillo and the Upshall + 2 he cost

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

DOOP posted:

What are you doing Bettman? Stop reducing obvious suspensions, you dickbutt.

gently caress Carcillo and the Upshall + 2 he cost

as much as i expected to agree with that carcillo suspension having missed that game and only read about it i watched the replay later a million times and i really did not see a great amount of fault with what he did, the 10 was definitely egregious

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

a false posted:

Joke's totally on the Rangers if Jones gets to play with the way Quick played in the first three rounds.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

AngryBooch posted:

Joke's totally on the Rangers if Jones gets to play with the way Quick played in the first three rounds.

Yeah Jones was legit in the regular season. I guess we'll see if he's legit in the postseason too, provided Quick leaving wasn't just a precaution.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

ThinkTank posted:

no, that's exactly why i bought it, to remember the one fleeting moment of joy before everything came crashing down.

now, would i love to replace it with a stanley cup champs shirt and throw that one in the closet forever? :getin:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Remember the last time Quick played against the Rangers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXMx_aBQo4

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The LAPD is already investigating Chris Kreider regarding Quick's injury

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Rangers of Castamere

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Has anybody mentioned that Carbomb was a member of the Kings earlier this season yet?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

CBJSprague24 posted:

Has anybody mentioned that Carbomb was a member of the Kings earlier this season yet?

I didn't mention it but I knew it.

Gotta admit him scoring the cup winning goal on Quick would be awesome.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Quick is okay. So it looks like the Kings are back to winning in 5 instead of the 6 games it would have taken with Jones.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Mr. Kite posted:

The Kings aren't going to get respect until they go 16-0 in a playoff against the 84 Oilers, 82 Islanders, the 77 Canadiens, and the 1976 Soviet Olympic team.

Or they get some better posters. Whichever comes first!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Habibi posted:

Or they get some better posters. Whichever comes first!

:crossarms:

It's a no-loop animated GIF (~18 sec; you might need to open it in a new window to restart it) and a total rip-off of Black Sails' backstory card. Feel free to throw it in the GDT. Call it, I dunno, Black Skates or something.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 4, 2014

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
I love that the Kings are still portrayed as the "dirty" team even though they just finished one of the most mutually respectful playoff series in a generation against the Blackhawks. How many suspensions occurred in their series versus Habs/Rangers, again?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

MaoistBanker posted:

I love that the Kings are still portrayed as the "dirty" team even though they just finished one of the most mutually respectful playoff series in a generation against the Blackhawks. How many suspensions occurred in their series versus Habs/Rangers, again?

other than the prevailing sentiment against dustin brown here (which existed long before these playoffs and for good reason) where are you even getting that from

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Man New York Rangers and Gaborik.

I remember when he scored 4 on Lundqvist and I also remember him not sucking rear end on the NYR. Just being injured a lot.

Will be fun!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MaoistBanker posted:

Obvious dig at Subban is obvious.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MRLOLAST posted:

Man New York Rangers and Gaborik.

I remember when he scored 4 on Lundqvist and I also remember him not sucking rear end on the NYR. Just being injured a lot.

Will be fun!

I'm pretty sure he scored 5 if you're talking about the game vs MIN.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Gaborik and Kopitar are really, really good and may be able to take over a game even with McDonagh and Girardi matched up against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

a false posted:

as much as i expected to agree with that carcillo suspension having missed that game and only read about it i watched the replay later a million times and i really did not see a great amount of fault with what he did, the 10 was definitely egregious

He shoved a ref multiple times and basically butt ended him. It's 10 games by the book. How is that egregious now?

• Locked thread